Battle Royale Mafia Fallout Thread

MurderWeasel
MW's Private Rank

February 24th, 2017, 6:01 am #1

Well, that's a wrap. Thanks, everyone, for playing! Mod musings will come more when I'm a bit more focused. I think there were a few things I could've definitely balanced better, but the game was also pretty close to worst possible case scenario for town in a lot of respects of how it played out, especially with the timings of certain deaths and inactivities.

Role PMs and actions follow:
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Kazuo Kiriyama (Yugi):

You are Kazuo Kiriyama, bulletproof mafia member. The most dangerous killer of the game, you won't go down without a concentrated effort by a large number of students, and so you are entirely immune to nightkills, retributive kills, etc. The only way to take you out of the game is to lynch you.

You win with mafia, when all who oppose you are eliminated; in practice, this means that if you hold a majority that cannot be overcome through town power roles, you will instantly win. During every night phase, you may converse with your allies in this QuickTopic. The mafia faction consists of Bulletproof Kazuo Kiriyama (), Tracker Kazushi Niida (), Strongman Yoshio Akamatsu (), Godfather Mitsuko Souma (), and Roleblocker Yuko Sakaki (). The kill may be originate from any member, as you choose—just be sure to let me know who's firing it.

Finally, you get a number of safeclaims. I feel that SOTF doesn't really get how safeclaims are supposed to work, so I'm giving you one really good one in particular: Shuya Nanahara, the main character of Battle Royale. Aside from that, you get Haruka Tanizawa, Kyoichi Motobuchi, and Yoshimi Yahagi, who range from less-obviously-in-the-game to less-blatantly-town.

Mitsuko Souma (Vyse):

You are Mitsuko Souma, mafia godfather. A sneaky and deceptive killer, you detect as town to investigations. Unfortunately, this is the only tool you have in your arsenal besides your vote and your wits.

You win with mafia, when all who oppose you are eliminated; in practice, this means that if you hold a majority that cannot be overcome through town power roles, you will instantly win. During every night phase, you may converse with your allies in this QuickTopic. The mafia faction consists of Bulletproof Kazuo Kiriyama (), Tracker Kazushi Niida (), Strongman Yoshio Akamatsu (), Godfather Mitsuko Souma (), and Roleblocker Yuko Sakaki (). The kill may be originate from any member, as you choose—just be sure to let me know who's firing it.

Finally, you get a number of safeclaims. I feel that SOTF doesn't really get how safeclaims are supposed to work, so I'm giving you one really good one in particular: Shuya Nanahara, the main character of Battle Royale. Aside from that, you get Haruka Tanizawa, Kyoichi Motobuchi, and Yoshimi Yahagi, who range from less-obviously-in-the-game to less-blatantly-town.

Yoshio Akamatsu (Zetsu):

You are Yoshio Akamatsu , mafia strongman. You may have only scored on kill, but you made it count and had a real impact! In this game, you have a single-use, unblockable kill that you may during any night phase. This is in addition to the usual mafia nightkill.

Kazushi Niida (Flare):

You are Kazushi Niida , mafia tracker. Sneaky and slimy, you like following other people around for nefarious ends. Every night, you may send me a player to follow. You will then receive a list of all the people they target with night actions, though what sort of action or its success will not be revealed to you. If your target is roleblocked, you will receive a result of their having not targeted anyone; after all, their action was cut off before it could really occur.

Yuko Sakaki (Goose):

You are Yuko Sakaki , mafia roleblocker. Your intentions were vaguely decent, but they caused a lot of chaos, and so you find yourself on the side of scum. Each night, you may target one player to block them from performing a night action, should they possess one. However, they will be notified of this, whether they have a night action or not, through the following PM:
wrote:Last night you were roleblocked; your action, if you had one, did not occur, and any charges if it was a limited-use ability were not expended. The roleblocker is aware that you have received this message.

[+] Spoiler
Shogo Kawada (Cake):

You are Shogo Kawada and your wide range of experiences and abilities makes you the town Jack of all Trades. You have the following actions, usable once each during the game: a nightkill, a protection, a roleblock, and an investigation. You may use only one ability each night. Your nightkill will eliminate your target. Your protection will defend your target against standard elimination. Your investigation will let you know whether your target is TOWN or SCUM. Your roleblock will prevent your target from taking their night action, if any. However, they will be notified of this, whether they have a night action or not, through the following PM:

[/b]
wrote:Last night you were roleblocked; your action, if you had one, did not occur, and any charges if it was a limited-use ability were not expended. The roleblocker is aware that you have received this message.
You win with the town, when all scum have been eliminated.

Noriko Nakagawa (Boogie):

You are Noriko Nakagawa and due to your insight and intuition regarding others, you are the town cop. Every night, you may send me the name of one player to investigate. You will then be told whether they are TOWN or SCUM

Hiroki Sugimura (Candy):

You are Hiroki Sugimura and your assigned GPS system makes you the town tracker. Every night, you may send me a player to follow. You will then receive a list of all the people they target with night actions, though what sort of action or its success will not be revealed to you. If your target is roleblocked, you will receive a result of their having not targeted anyone; after all, their action was cut off before it could really occur.

Yukiko Kitano (backslash):

You are Yukiko Kitano and your close bond with Yumiko Kusaka () leaves the pair of you as Masons. You know with 100% certainty that Yumiko is town-aligned. More than that, the two of you may privately converse at any time in this quicktopic.

Yumiko Kusaka (Deamon):
You are Yumiko Kusaka and your close bond with Yukiko Kitano () leaves the pair of you as Masons. You know with 100% certainty that Yukiko is town-aligned. More than that, the two of you may privately converse at any time in this quicktopic.

Kazuhiko Yamamoto (Randomness):

You are Kazuhiko Yamamoto and your relationship with Sakura Ogawa () leaves the pair of you as Lovers. What that means is, should either of you die, the other will follow their beloved come the next night phase. True love needs no words, so you have no special ability to communicate with each other, and you must take each other's alignment on trust. Best be careful!

Sakura Ogawa (Empress Plush):

You are Sakura Ogawa and your relationship with Kazuhiko Yamamoto () leaves the pair of you as Lovers. What that means is, should either of you die, the other will follow their beloved come the next night phase. True love needs no words, so you have no special ability to communicate with each other, and you must take each other's alignment on trust. Best be careful!

Takako Chigusa (Grim):

You are Takako Chigusa , town roleblocker. Able to handle yourself and put any creeps who harass you out of commission, you don't need the assistance of your childhood friends to make an impact. Each night, you may target one player to block them from performing a night action, should they possess one. However, they will be notified of this, whether they have a night action or not, through the following PM:

Kayoko Kotohiki (Bik):

You are Kayoko Kotohiki and penchant for staying out of sight makes you the town Hider. Every night, you may pick on other player to hide behind. Any actions targeting you will fail unless they are for some reason unblockable, however, in exchange you will be targeted by any actions targeting the player you are hiding behind. Your hiding will be blocked by roleblocks targeted upon you, given the action priority order in this game.

Satomi Noda (Espi):

You are Satomi Noda and you are going to take down the bad guys, even if it means shooting all your friends just to make sure you got the right one! This leaves you the town Vigilante. Every night, you may pick one other player to shoot. Be careful, however—the good guys won't like it if you gun them down indiscriminately. If you kill a member of town twice in a row, you will lose your killing powers and spend the rest of the game a normal townie.

Hirono Shimizu (Toxie):

You are Hirono Shimizu and your friendship with the infamous Mitsuko Souma combined with your delinquent activities leaves you as the town Miller. This means you detect as scum to any cops that might be lurking around! You can claim this if you want, but I have a history of not telling millers about the role, which may throw a kink in getting town to trust you. Good luck!

Mizuho Inada (Prim):

You are Mizuho Inada and your bubbling insanity combined with your penchant for laying low makes you the town backup. If the town loses its Cop, Tracker, or Vigilante through any means, you will inherit their role, though no knowledge of their past actions or results. Until such time, you are a vanilla townie with no special powers or protections.

Toshinori Oda (Frogue):

You are Toshinori Oda . Everyone might hate you and want you dead, but you have a bulletproof vest, so it doesn't matter! You are one-shot bulletproof; you will survive the first nightkill targeted at you, unless it is unblockable. If you have the poor fortune to be targeted by multiple sources on one night, you will survive. You will not be informed when your immunity is used.

Yukie Utsumi (Decoy):

You are Yukie Utsumi , and your kind and caring nature makes you the town doctor. Each night, you may target one player to protect them, rendering them immune to any kill short of an unblockable one. You may protect the same person however often you feel like it, but you may not protect yourself.

Shinji Mimura (Brackie):

You are Shinji Mimura . Good at everything, and almost as popular among the boys as the girls, you are town's Beloved Princess. You don't have any actual powers, but if you die at any point, the next day phase will be skipped as all mourn your passing. This, needless to say, is really bad news for town, so you should try your best to stay alive.

Yuichiro Takiguchi (RC/NAFT):

You are Yuichiro Takiguchi , and you are too good for this sinful earth. Everyone knows you could never hurt a fly, and so you can, if and when you choose, reveal your nature as the Innocent Child. To do so, please PM me and post to the same effect in the game thread; I will confirm your role and alignment to the town. Be aware that being a confirmed townie is quite a hazardous occupation.

[+] Spoiler
Ignore the numbers by the names; my list got messed up in the doc.
Night 1 wrote:Scum:
1.Yoshio Akamatsu One special kill Zetsumodernista (No action)
2.Kazushi Niida Tracker Flare > Paige (No targets)
3.Yuko Sakaki Roleblocker General Goose > Deamon (No action to block)
4.KILL: Cake (via Yugi)

Town:
1.Shogo Kawada JOAT Cake > No action
2.Noriko Nakagawa Cop dmboogie > Investigate Empress Plush (TOWN)
3.Hiroki Sugimura Tracker Candy > Track Flare (Receives: Flare targets Paige, Riki targets Flare)
4.Takako Chigusa Roleblocker Grim Wolf > Block Vyse (No action to block)
5.Kayoko Kotohiki Hider Riki > Hides behind Flare
6.Satomi Noda Vigilante Espi > Kill Flare (Also kills Riki)
7.Mizuho Inada Backup Primrosette (No change)
8.Yukie Utsumi Doctor decoy73 > Protect Grim Wolf
Night 2 wrote:Scum:
5.Yoshio Akamatsu One special kill Zetsumodernista (No action)
6.Yuko Sakaki Roleblocker General Goose > Block Deamon (No action to block)
7.KILL: Randomness (via Yugi)

Town:
9.Noriko Nakagawa Cop dmboogie > Investigate Prim (TOWN)
10.Hiroki Sugimura Tracker Candy > Track Yugi (Targets Randomness)
11.Takako Chigusa Roleblocker Grim Wolf > Block Deamon (No action to block)
12.Satomi Noda Vigilante Espi > Kill Grim Wolf
13.Mizuho Inada Backup Primrosette (No change)
14.Yukie Utsumi Doctor decoy73 > Protect Deamon
Night 3 wrote:Scum:
8.Yoshio Akamatsu One special kill Zetsumodernista (No action)
9.Yuko Sakaki Roleblocker General Goose > Block Backslash (No action to block)
10.KILL: Empress Plush (via Yugi)

Town:
15.Noriko Nakagawa Cop dmboogie > Investigate Vyse (TOWN)
16.Hiroki Sugimura Tracker Candy > Track Yugi (Targets Empress Plush)
17.Satomi Noda Vigilante Espi > Kill Candy > Loses Vig powers
18.Mizuho Inada Backup Primrosette > Inherits Tracker powers
19.Yukie Utsumi Doctor decoy73 > Protect Deamon
Night 4 wrote:Scum:
11.Yoshio Akamatsu One special kill Zetsumodernista > Kill Boogie
12.Yuko Sakaki Roleblocker General Goose > Block Espi
13.KILL: decoy73 (via Yugi)

Town:
20.Noriko Nakagawa Cop dmboogie > Investigate Yugi (SCUM)
21.Yukie Utsumi Doctor decoy73 > Protect Deamon
Scum Talk
Mason Talk
Dead Talk

General Goose
Winner

February 24th, 2017, 6:03 am #2

I believe that is called pwnage.
V7 peeps:
Nick Ogilvie
Ashlynn Martinek
Bill Winlock
Camille Bellegarde

V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd

MurderWeasel
MW's Private Rank

February 24th, 2017, 6:07 am #3

Added QT links to first post.

Zetsumodernista
Contender

February 24th, 2017, 6:12 am #4

gg, everyone

Prim, I'm really, really sorry about how that turned out, and I hope you feel better soon.

Also, I apologize for disappearing during the latter part of day 1, dunno how that affected the game. It doesn't feel very clean, but if I didn't come back it'd cripple the scum team because doctor+cop was presumably in the game, and I decided that staying in would probably be less bad for the game than leaving it.

This game was also much, much close than it looked, I think: Goose, Yugi, and I were essentially confirmed scum by the end, and Vyse would've come under suspicion sooner or later.

dear god dear god tinkle tinkle hoy

G056: Asuka Takahara: The one who can out-pretentious them all.
- Memories: 1
- Pregame: 1
- V6: 1-2

Emprexx Plush
Mr. Danya

February 24th, 2017, 6:18 am #5

That is the last time I ever back off of you when you ping me that hard day one, Vyse. I knew I should have trusted my gut on you ;P
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
G056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
[+] Spoiler
B062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
[+] Spoiler
B014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
Isaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars

NPCs:
Jacob Brooks: ... Character Theme: 1812 Overture-Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
[+] Spoiler
Blaise d'Aramitz: Blonde Hair, Black Lungs-Sorority Noise
Helena 'Hel" Fury: Okay, but riddle me this: where in the rulebook does it say it's not a series of automatic critical hits if I Flurry of Blows an ogre's nutsack like a speedbag? Bad Liar-Selena Gomez
Jeremiah Widdlestone: NOT--FOR--YOU 911/Mr. Lonely-Tyler The Creator
Damian Riccardo Maradona Reyes: I'll go all day, all week, all year if I gotta, big guy. Just try and stop me. Years Of War-Porter Robinson
Barbara "Babs" Mulaney: One. Deux. Tres. Vier. Fem. Yug. Haft. Aath. Dyev-yat. Dez. Might Tell You Tonight-Scissor Sisters
Zyzzx Rigs: Last of the first, folks. Light me up.You Know You Like It - DJ Snake ft.
AlunaGeorge
[+] Spoiler
Some Guy Probably: A thing he said? Character Theme: Flyers-Bradio
Alex Darby: Let's weigh what everyone brings to the table, and find a suitable compromise. It's in your best interest. Character theme: Devil's Gift-Shaman's Harvest
[+] Spoiler
Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

VysePresident
Mr. Danya

February 24th, 2017, 6:32 am #6

Best.

Scumteam.

Ever.
Constructive criticism is always welcome! Feel free to send me a PM if you have any pointers or feedback you'd like to share!
Character #1: Boy #37 Ian Williams - Now with 55% less self-insert.
Designated Weapon: Polaroid Instant Camera With Film (Enough for 8 photographs)

Past - | 1 | 2 | (Current thread - Birds of a Feather)
Pregame - None
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (Final Thread - Glass
)
Character #2: Boy #66 Chase Rodriguez - Adopted from Pippin.
Designated Weapon: Silver Pill Box Containing Three Cyanide Capsules

Past - None
Pregame - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (Last seen in - Diversions)
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (Final Thread - Drawing to an End)

VysePresident
Mr. Danya

February 24th, 2017, 6:33 am #7

Empress Plush wrote:That is the last time I ever back off of you when you ping me that hard day one, Vyse. I knew I should have trusted my gut on you ;P
In before Scrubs Mafia V2.

To be fair, I was only pinging you because I made the mistake of playing too Town a game. You should have been far more suspicious when I let you 'win' on the lynch, especially with Frogue afk. ;P

I mean, my push on Zet was with the understanding that there was no avoiding a wagon on someone so blatantly scummy. I both underestimated Zet (Super, super good teammate!) and how Town would react to a push I would consider absolutely normal in early game. I'll be honest, I died laughing when I realized I might get lynched for overplaying what I thought was Town behavior.
Constructive criticism is always welcome! Feel free to send me a PM if you have any pointers or feedback you'd like to share!

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

Zetsumodernista
Contender

February 24th, 2017, 6:34 am #8

tbh I'm slightly disappointed that all our night 4 panicking came out to nothing

VysePresident
Mr. Danya

February 24th, 2017, 6:36 am #9

I'm not! I would have died IRL if we had to do that again!

I mean, I was mostly joking, but there's still that 49% truth in there....

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

Espi
Winner

February 24th, 2017, 6:41 am #10

I suck at mafia.
V5: Cut Short
Theodore Fletcher
Nina Clarke
Gwen O'Connor

V6: Broken Down
Alice Baker (->Aura)
Henry Spencer
Blair Moore

V7: Unprepared
Rhonda Lawson[/b
Toby Underwood
Paloma Salt

Zetsumodernista
Contender

February 24th, 2017, 6:43 am #11

*thinks about trying to play mafia while trying to write papers and study for tests*

true

VysePresident
Mr. Danya

February 24th, 2017, 6:54 am #12

Not at all. You were far better than most. At least you had some reservations about me, while the rest of the Town was about to lynch Prim as the freaking Godfather. I felt like I was doing nothing but staying out of the way that whole game.

I'm writing up two larger posts discussing the game, so I'll hit you up then, but honestly, if you'd just been a bit more active, and a bit less cautious, you'd have probably done better than most.

I'd probably have tried abusing everything conceivable to get you lynched anyway, but that's not a statement on your play. Sometimes, the best players get lynched because nobody else listens. You just need to fight a bit more, and maybe trust yourself a little more - if you can do that without going to the other extreme, I think you'll be fine mate.

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

Yugikun
Mr. Danya

February 24th, 2017, 7:04 am #13

i'm just happy kotorikun senpai noticed me
[+] Spoiler

G???: Anna "Roxanne" Herbert - "...It's a god-awful small affair..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2 3
THEME: Dire Straits - Skateaway

G???: Teresa Rojas - "..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2
THEME: Tata Young - Sexy Naughty Bitchy Me

B???: Jonathan Meyers - "..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1
THEME: Kate Miller-Heidke - Caught In The Crowd
[+] Spoiler
Ashley Tanner - The Tattooed Jackass - "We got the music, we got the drinks, I think we have a recipe for some rock n' roll."
Yuko Hayashibara - The Tomboy - "Yo, homeboy, come over here. I wanna play some ball."
[+] Spoiler

B003: Jeremy Frasier - ?Yeah. No regrets.? - 57%
Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 3 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Sadie Hawkins: 1 2
V6: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
THEME: OneRepublic - Love Runs Out

B013: Alvaro Vacanti - ?Thank... you...? - 41%
Kills: 3 | Equipped with: MAC-10
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 3 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 | Sadie Hawkins: 1 2
V6: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
THEME: The Megas - The Haystack Principle

G030: Jasmine King - "I win." - 11%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Brass Knuckles
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2 3 | Sadie Hawkins: 1
V6: 1 2 3 4 5
THEME: Luck Ganriki - golden sneer

Hi! I have a blog! Please check it out and follow and stuff!

Cake
Contender
Cake
Contender

February 24th, 2017, 7:11 am #14

Good game, friends (town)! Good win, mafia!

I was watching this a little and I enjoyed it as a spectator!

Brackie
Winner

February 24th, 2017, 7:31 am #15

In retrospect it might have just been easier had I not tried /that/ particular strategy.

(but in my defense, Town as a unit kinda really sucked this game)

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
v4
Brendan Wallace is a coward.
Clio Gabriella wanted to go home.
Paige Strand needed to run.
Jacob Charles had to put back his pieces.
Aston Bennett was better than you.
Ma'afu Tuigamala made the ultimate mistake.
[+] Spoiler
v5
Janie Sinneave wanted to ride in the clouds.
[+] Spoiler
v6
Maxim Kehlenbrink did nothing wrong.
[+] Spoiler
Ezra Landau - "Pretty sure the point of life is to indulge and be pretty." - Philosophy
Hayden Lockwood - "Come to the march this Saturday and I'll show you a good time." - Pride
Allegra Varley - "Bet you I can jump from here to that boat." - Risk
Truann Coleman - "Please stop saying that." - Rage
Anya Van Doren - "Dunno why I did it. Dunno why it's your business." - Duplicity