VysePresident
Mr. Danya

February 1st, 2016, 2:50 am #31

I loved feeding people to the Goose.
Constructive criticism is always welcome! Feel free to send me a PM if you have any pointers or feedback you'd like to share!
Character #1: Boy #37 Ian Williams - Now with 55% less self-insert.
Designated Weapon: Polaroid Instant Camera With Film (Enough for 8 photographs)

Past - | 1 | 2 | (Current thread - Birds of a Feather)
Pregame - None
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (Final Thread - Glass
)
Character #2: Boy #66 Chase Rodriguez - Adopted from Pippin.
Designated Weapon: Silver Pill Box Containing Three Cyanide Capsules

Past - None
Pregame - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (Last seen in - Diversions)
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (Final Thread - Drawing to an End)

Yugikun
Mr. Danya

February 1st, 2016, 2:53 am #32

I loved feeding myself to the goose.

Although admittedly I wanted to be lynch so I could joke claim that I was a bomb jester and that everyone who voted for me would die.
[+] Spoiler

G???: Anna "Roxanne" Herbert - "...It's a god-awful small affair..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2 3
THEME: Dire Straits - Skateaway

G???: Teresa Rojas - "..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2
THEME: Tata Young - Sexy Naughty Bitchy Me

B???: Jonathan Meyers - "..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1
THEME: Kate Miller-Heidke - Caught In The Crowd
[+] Spoiler
Ashley Tanner - The Tattooed Jackass - "We got the music, we got the drinks, I think we have a recipe for some rock n' roll."
Yuko Hayashibara - The Tomboy - "Yo, homeboy, come over here. I wanna play some ball."
[+] Spoiler

B003: Jeremy Frasier - ?Yeah. No regrets.? - 57%
Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 3 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Sadie Hawkins: 1 2
V6: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
THEME: OneRepublic - Love Runs Out

B013: Alvaro Vacanti - ?Thank... you...? - 41%
Kills: 3 | Equipped with: MAC-10
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 3 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 | Sadie Hawkins: 1 2
V6: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
THEME: The Megas - The Haystack Principle

G030: Jasmine King - "I win." - 11%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Brass Knuckles
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2 3 | Sadie Hawkins: 1
V6: 1 2 3 4 5
THEME: Luck Ganriki - golden sneer

Hi! I have a blog! Please check it out and follow and stuff!

VysePresident
Mr. Danya

February 1st, 2016, 3:04 am #33

I think the best way to balance recruitment roles in the future would be to allow them recruits in the first 3-4 phases, and then that's it.

I mean, if MK had been Town, Deamon's (perfectly logical) move would have screwed him out of a hard fought win at the last second. That just seems a bit unfair.
Constructive criticism is always welcome! Feel free to send me a PM if you have any pointers or feedback you'd like to share!

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

VysePresident
Mr. Danya

February 1st, 2016, 3:05 am #34

Y'know, except for a weak read on Pippen, I'm pretty darn happy with my reads this game.

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

Namira
Mr. Danya

February 1st, 2016, 3:20 am #35

To speak of the elitist remark, you need to understand that my mafia background is a place where people are and were very blunt at all times. That's why I was forthright about it. I wasn't trying to call you, personally, an elitist, but the way that the 'weak' point was made, that was how it struck me.

I didn't mean to insult you, however. My comment was directed at your words, not at your person.

SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!
[+] Spoiler
13:58 Gianni Oh come on you broke someone's heart
13:59 Gianni you are proud, not embarrassed
13:59 Christian Yes
13:59 Christian Be proud
13:59 Christian Do we not all strive to break a human soul?
[+] Spoiler
Vincenzo/a 'Vinny' 'Enzo' Gatti | DO IT FOR THE VINE.
Toby 'Noodle' Andreasson | :|
[+] Spoiler
G008 - Kammy So'oialo | wants a new script
G062 - Becca Everett | was a damn superstar
G071 - Sunshine Cho Lee | trusted
[+] Spoiler
G026 - Rosalia Fiametta | Found it. | Walkie Talkies
G014 - Yelizaveta 'Bounce' Volkova | Out of here | Gasoline
B060 - Brock Mason | Thump. Thump |
G029 - Kristina 'Kris' Hartmann | Put Down. | Drama Bombs [∞], M79 Grenade Launcher [x6 grenades]
G117 - Jessie Anderson | Still Smiling | Faith

MK Kilmarnock
Mr. Danya

February 1st, 2016, 3:22 am #36

Though you're really irritating to play w

Would've been nice not to be dragged to the losing side TWICE, but for the brief period where I was actually town, I did my best. I'm all done playing until I run Ru Paul's mafia though.
[+] Spoiler
Jerry Fury - The man, the myth, the legend
Coleen Reagan - The girl who half-loved the world
[+] Spoiler
V5 Roster:
Cody Patton : That bitch.
Sean Mulcahy : The world was kind to reprieve him of his fear...
Jessica Sanders: She hoped it would be quick...
[+] Spoiler
20:17Sideliner:Toben and Ricky are like a sibling version of the Joker and Batman, only Batman is just as much of a mass murderer. He just hides it better.
19:58LaurelsHow does your dick smell like Fritos?
14:36 MimiI THOUGHT YOU GUYS WERE FRIENDS > 14:36MimiI THOUGHT YOU REALLY LICKED HER

VysePresident
Mr. Danya

February 1st, 2016, 3:27 am #37

@Namira - Fair enough. It was particularly frustrating for me since I call play specifically to avoid that, and it felt like you'd taken it very personally. I also am not thrilled with any substitute words for reasons of making a point. I mean, people critique my play too. :/

@MK - Eh, same to you, but I enjoy playing with you anyway. I think it's because we're both opinionated, and our opinions clash so much.

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

Emprexx Plush
Mr. Danya

February 1st, 2016, 3:31 am #38

Honestly, the only thing I have to criticize about this game is that there was a lot of mod clarification that I think would have been better left unsaid, just for the flavor of the game. Things like how roles work, what roles mean, etc. would have been ample grounds for scum to capitalize on confusion and done a lot to throw a spanner in the mechanical balance in favor of town. It was a fun game, though!

I will say that my perspective is one that's coming from someone who super doesn't care about winning and makes sub-optimal plays all the time just because they're amusing(see for this game: Deciding just to bury Pippin from near the beginning of the game not for any actual suspicion or reasoning, just because I thought it would be funny, and then latching on to the existence of the cult and a bunch of bullshit as "proof"), and also someone that's not a fan of how grumpy mafia can get, at least not anymore. This comes with the caveat that I've been a huge purveyor of grump in the past, but I try to keep things less hostile and more relaxed these days. Vyse, I'll be sad if that tendency towards the negative keeps you out of future games, since you're one of my favorite people to play with, but I can understand it.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
G056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
[+] Spoiler
B062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
[+] Spoiler
B014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
Isaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars

NPCs:
Jacob Brooks: ... Character Theme: 1812 Overture-Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
[+] Spoiler
Blaise d'Aramitz: Blonde Hair, Black Lungs-Sorority Noise
Helena 'Hel" Fury: Okay, but riddle me this: where in the rulebook does it say it's not a series of automatic critical hits if I Flurry of Blows an ogre's nutsack like a speedbag? Bad Liar-Selena Gomez
Jeremiah Widdlestone: NOT--FOR--YOU 911/Mr. Lonely-Tyler The Creator
Damian Riccardo Maradona Reyes: I'll go all day, all week, all year if I gotta, big guy. Just try and stop me. Years Of War-Porter Robinson
Barbara "Babs" Mulaney: One. Deux. Tres. Vier. Fem. Yug. Haft. Aath. Dyev-yat. Dez. Might Tell You Tonight-Scissor Sisters
Zyzzx Rigs: Last of the first, folks. Light me up.You Know You Like It - DJ Snake ft.
AlunaGeorge
[+] Spoiler
Some Guy Probably: A thing he said? Character Theme: Flyers-Bradio
Alex Darby: Let's weigh what everyone brings to the table, and find a suitable compromise. It's in your best interest. Character theme: Devil's Gift-Shaman's Harvest
[+] Spoiler
Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

MK Kilmarnock
Mr. Danya

February 1st, 2016, 3:56 am #39

I wasn't annoyed over the course of the game at all strangely enough (like I said, I put my expectations through the floor to prevent this). Minus your usual 'let's post six times in a row' shenanigans which, no, are not justified by 'wanting to play the game'.
[+] Spoiler
Jerry Fury - The man, the myth, the legend
Coleen Reagan - The girl who half-loved the world
[+] Spoiler
V5 Roster:
Cody Patton : That bitch.
Sean Mulcahy : The world was kind to reprieve him of his fear...
Jessica Sanders: She hoped it would be quick...
[+] Spoiler
20:17Sideliner:Toben and Ricky are like a sibling version of the Joker and Batman, only Batman is just as much of a mass murderer. He just hides it better.
19:58LaurelsHow does your dick smell like Fritos?
14:36 MimiI THOUGHT YOU GUYS WERE FRIENDS > 14:36MimiI THOUGHT YOU REALLY LICKED HER

MurderWeasel
MW's Private Rank

February 1st, 2016, 4:12 am #40

I do feel like there's a bit of can't-win going on re: wallposts or spree posts. I'm another person that has a lot t say, but I tend to get more of a pass I think in part because of my manner of presenting it (I tend to sorta walk folks through my live-blogging style of catch up). The thing is, there are actual strategic concerns at play in certain situations based on posting style more than content; it's subtle and a lot of folks miss it, but I think it's a fine line to walk and I can't fault anyone for sometimes landing on the hard-to-cut-through end.

VysePresident
Mr. Danya

February 1st, 2016, 6:26 am #41

MurderWeasel wrote:I do feel like there's a bit of can't-win going on re: wallposts or spree posts. I'm another person that has a lot t say, but I tend to get more of a pass I think in part because of my manner of presenting it (I tend to sorta walk folks through my live-blogging style of catch up). The thing is, there are actual strategic concerns at play in certain situations based on posting style more than content; it's subtle and a lot of folks miss it, but I think it's a fine line to walk and I can't fault anyone for sometimes landing on the hard-to-cut-through end.
Mhm, basically this.

One of the things that's kept me away from wall posting is that people just don't listen to me when I do.

Toben is pretty good at being engaging when he does it, but I don't have quite the same charisma. (And even he gets complaints on occasion, I've noticed.) My walls are very informative, for better or for worse, but they are a slog to read through, even for me.

Furthermore, you get different results with a lot of bite-sized posts than you do with walls. It's easier for people to digest, and despite the flak I get for it, I've noticed I get a significantly broader portion of my reads across now. It's something Murder and I discussed, and I know he thought I was stealing it from him. (I sorta was, but there were about two other people get stolen from too. )

It's unfortunately strategic as much as anything. If everyone gives my wall posts the same attention, I can go back to them easier.

Also, as a sidepoint, I often find myself in a rush to post, and thus posting whatever comes to mind. It's my way of maintaining activity better on sites like MafiaScum, where I cannot take four days to work through my thoughts. (Which was almost impossible for me when I started out.)

As another side point, it's also easier to read me when I make rapid fire posts than when I wallpost, because I'm working from my train of thought rather than having time to calculate how to manipulate you. I've been working on enough that I am capable of doing it as scum, but it's much harder.

For what it's worth, I actually enjoy playing with you, and hope you don't actively despise playing with me. I would like to minimize friction for sure, I'm just working on how to do that without going back to being the guy in corner with long reads who nobody listens to.

At least this time, we won, and I can make the point that I do have a valid technique, even if it isn't perfect. (Scrubs will forever haunt me, I'm sure.) This isn't the first time I've been on point but ignored (I know you can relate to that too.). However, it's the first time I've made a point of noting it, mostly because I would like to be listened to on occasion, y'know?

It's sorta like your tunneling - irritating, but it works. :/

I mean, for instance, I have a ton of thoughts on the game, and I suppose I could tack them on to this post, but that seems...tacky, in a way that would take attention away from the main point I'm trying to talk about. I don't intend to double-post, but....I dunno, do you see the problem I have here?

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

Pippin
Winner

February 1st, 2016, 8:34 am #42

DuckyB wrote:(see for this game: Deciding just to bury Pippin from near the beginning of the game not for any actual suspicion or reasoning, just because I thought it would be funny,
WOW OKAY, RUDE ;~;
[+] Spoiler
Lyra Doyle-Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky Land Ho
Current Thread: Lo Mein Event - ?Whatever you need, I've got you covered!?
Katie Agustien-If you wanna start a fight, you better throw the first punch, make it a good one Bastille
Current Thread: he let me set fire to a fleet of ships when no-one else would - ?Maybe we can trade. I get to watch you dance, you get to watch me work out.?
Stepney Cruz-I'm taking back the crown, I'm all dressed up and naked, I see what's mine and take it Memes
Current Thread: Clinging to Loss - ?Didja know this place is supposed to be haunted??
Dean Puchero - By July you'd made a whole bunch of brand new friends, people you used to look down on, and you'd figured out a way to make real money Keane
Current Thread: Generation Loss - ?Oh, and hey, don?t worry ?bout earlier, it?s all cool. I think you?d probably have been hurt worse than me if we?d collided, anyways.?
Aurelien Valter-It's deep in their bones, they'll run into smoke when the fire is fierce Football
Current Thread: I'M A SHARK, I'M A SHAAARK, SUCK MY DIIIIICK, I'M A SHAAARK - ?Goodbye, friend. I will miss you.?
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
V4!
George Leidman (Adopted from Blastinus)
Current location-Paint it Black-DECEASED-Neck broken by Maxwell Lombardi
Weapons-Wallet with German marks, Yatagan, guitar, Savage Model 1907 (.32 ACP)

V5!
B004-Owen Kay-?I don?t... don?t want to die...?-Weapons: Table Leg, Rusty Golf Club-Never Truly Had A Chance

G041-Amy Bachelor-Mike, I... I don?t want to--Weapon: Blackjack-Can't Live On Hope Alone

B024-Francis St. Ledger-?Megan, just... just fuckin? listen to me.?-Weapon: Insulated Blanket-Crossed The Line

V6!

G021-Mia Rose-You can't understand that I won't leave 'til we're finished here, and then you'll find out where it all went wrong
Died in: Elapsam Semel Occasionem Non Ipse Potest Iuppiter Reprehendere
Weapon: Uzi-Pro

G034-Astrid Tate-So what became of loving man, and what became of you?
Died in: End of the Line
Weapon: Pickaxe

G006-Bryony Adams-Burning bright until the end, now you'll be missing from the photographs
Died in: eternitybox
Current Weapon: Deck of playing cards, broken easel leg.
[+] Spoiler

Owen, Francis and Amy, all by Mimi

Amy Bachelor, by Violent-Medic

Owen Kay, by Un-Persona

Amy Bachelor, by Mimi

Amy Bachelor, by TurtleTyrant
[+] Spoiler
Garren Mortimer-Now you can't get mad, I'm only getting started, I won't blackout
[+] Spoiler
Beatrice Briggs and Timothy "Tim" Karim
Nothing In My Way Pippi Fontaine-I'll float on endlessly, senses eluding me, this long horizon to this open sea.
Jamie Mittelman-We will meet you where the lights are, the defenders, of the faith we are
Clover Crescent-Why would I waste another day whilst life just passes by?
Castlevania Ada Bentley-Save your cheers and my applause, I never was worth fighting for
Richard Potter-But if I had one chance to freeze time, and stand still and soak in everything, I'd choose right now
Kerry Gray-We'll finish what we started, so promise me that we'll be the Lionhearted
Marshall Nichols-Maybe that's how books get written, maybe that's why songs get sung, maybe we are the unlucky ones
Gregory "Greg" Gateshead-Built an empire of sound, as the bridges were falling down
Candice Bailey-I feel I can fly, I'm on 678 cloud 9, and ain't nothin gonna stop me
Patty English-We're all in the same boat, staying afloat for the moment
Ophelia Wright-If you're dreaming what I'm dreaming, close your eyes and feel at home
Marina-Cassandra Gro?-And we will never be alone again, 'cause it doesn't happen every day
Boyd Adkinson - And the lights, they glow, like I just lost the world war, and the scene slips away to the evenness I fake
"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017

MurderWeasel
MW's Private Rank

February 1st, 2016, 9:16 am #43

Oh, hey, tangent:

I'm posting this here and now so it's clearly not part of any sort of scum gambit for future games. I'm flat out not gonna open, reply to, whatever any mafia threads between midnight and 5 am my time for the foreseeable future. Basically, when I look at the game late at night, it gets me thinking, weighing stuff, plotting, etc. This in turn makes it hard for me to sleep. It's not even that I'm particularly invested in winning or losing (I'm not), but rather that I'm very interested in weighing every possible situation. So yeah, for the sake of getting good sleep, I'm gonna be diurnal in mafia now. Yell at me if I'm not.

frogue
Winner

February 1st, 2016, 10:21 am #44

Super fun game to play, super fun game to read after inevitable night kill. Nicely done, Turtle.

Deamon
Mr. Danya
Deamon
Mr. Danya

February 1st, 2016, 10:29 am #45

VysePresident wrote:Also, Deamon played really well.

Props to you, man.
Cheers, it was a fun game actually. I enjoyed making "bad lynches" which secretly furthered my goals. It helped that I was able to play into your expectations of what was happening in the game, all felt very sneaky. XD

Sorry if anything I specifically said upset you btw.
Forrest Quin - At the Zoo
Bret Carter - On a date
Aliya Kimia Nemati - In Training
Arizona - Practicing
[+] Spoiler
Kimiko Kao - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯
Travis "Trav" Lynch - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞
Cameron Herrig - Ω - Ω - Ω
[+] Spoiler
Gray Emerson - "No. We don't follow."
Yasmin "Yaz" Carroll - "I don't really have a plan anymore."
Christopher Harlin - "You can look me in the eyes and shoot me."