Bananas Draws Sometimes

DastardlyBananas
Cannon Fodder

February 21st, 2015, 4:01 am #1

Sometimes I draw things. Sometimes. Okay almost never but still.

I'm just making this thread to put some of it up somewhere I guess. I don't know. I was partially coerced into doing this, but hey, maybe it will make me draw more.

I'm not opening myself to requests at the moment because I don't want to be eaten alive, sorry! Also because I can't draw people very well.
[+] Spoiler

I play too much Nuclear Throne and YV is silly.

I also like dragons far too much.

Birb.
So yeah, I guess this exists now.
Ah yes, the signature, the place where I make my individual mark upon every post I let see the light of day. Surely it should be something magnificent, something that truly captures my essence as the extraordinary person that I am?
Crap.
[+] Spoiler
Margaret Peters

Lovely sprite by Fenris!
[+] Spoiler
I have an art thread that I update sometimes. Kind of. I'm not consistent at all but the thread exists. You can go to it here.

DastardlyBananas
Cannon Fodder

February 21st, 2015, 4:36 am #2

Toben reminded me I had some pen sketches of birds. I basically copied these from pictures, but I did them entirely in pen. No pencil sketches beforehand. Because I like making myself sad I guess. It was actually pretty fun and I should do it again sometime.
[+] Spoiler

They're a bit blurry and apparently huge but oh well. You can also see League in the background of the second one, woops.[
Edit: Forgot a sketch somehow. I guess I never took a picture of it?
Ah yes, the signature, the place where I make my individual mark upon every post I let see the light of day. Surely it should be something magnificent, something that truly captures my essence as the extraordinary person that I am?
Crap.
[+] Spoiler
Margaret Peters

Lovely sprite by Fenris!
[+] Spoiler
I have an art thread that I update sometimes. Kind of. I'm not consistent at all but the thread exists. You can go to it here.

DastardlyBananas
Cannon Fodder

February 21st, 2015, 5:46 am #3

I guess since I was drawing things today (a rarer occurrence than three posts in relatively quick succession would have you believe), I might as well put them here. I did some skull studies with an elephant and a rabbit. I traced them from a photo first to get a general feel for how they're supposed to work, then sketched them from reference. Quite relaxing really!
[+] Spoiler

Elephant

Rabbit
I do mean it when I say I probably won't post this often normally. Most of what's in here so far is old art. Putting stuff here is cool, but I just don't really draw that often. ;>.>
Crap.
[+] Spoiler
Margaret Peters

Lovely sprite by Fenris!
[+] Spoiler

NotAFlyingToy
Winner

February 21st, 2015, 11:12 am #4

This shit is dope.
A list of the dying, a list of the damned.
[+] Spoiler
We've yet to live and soon will fall.

B027: Oskar Pearce has his shields up -- Step back from it, Jane. (Adopted from SansaSaver!)
[+] Spoiler
We've fought and fought and lost it all.

G063: Natali Greer fell into sadness and couldn't get out -- Everything was going to be alright. (Adopted Posthumously from backslash!)
B067: Brandon Baxter died as he lived -- On his own terms.
B076: Hansel Williams wasn't wrong, in the end -- I wouldn't change anything. Not a goddamn thing.
[+] Spoiler
Here in the wings, we wait for the call.

Jaden Bertelli wants you to be better -- Work harder, no excuses.
Miley Sacramento isn't looking for the long-term -- Like, why are the democrats an elephant, anyway?
Robert Munnings hates your favourite teacher -- We hurt ourselves so that others can't.
Kelsey Hamilton is going to be the best in the world -- Out of my way, dead man.
Asher Glas really admires the way you carry yourself -- Oh, hey - let me get that for you.
"Skinny" Trevor Sharpe would sell the shirt off of your back -- Pick your poison.

Fenris
Player

February 22nd, 2015, 12:37 am #5

Birds!! I love birds!!!! You draw such cute birds!!!!!!!! I'm sorry for all the exclamation points but I really love birds a lot!!!!!!!!!!!
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
[+] Spoiler
Dante Luciano Valerio - Looking for penguins.
Then: None Now: [x] [x]
Ivy Langley - Holding hands.
Then: [x] [x] [x] [x] Now: [x] [x] [x]
Apollonia "Nia" Karahalios - Drawing.
Then: [x] Now: [x] [x]
Axel Fontaine - Totally surrounded.
Then: [x] [x] Now: [x] [x] [x] [x]
Artem Fyodorov - Looking for a story.
Zen Alicea Feliciano - Hanging out with squirrels!
Then: [x] Now: [x]

[+] Spoiler
Gwendolyn "Gwen" Carlisle - Looking for attention.
Moira Bellamy - Looking for help.
Rory Wrona - Looking for some quiet.
Salvador "Sal" Mendoza - Looking for an argument.
Dylan MacKenna - Looking for a revolution.

DastardlyBananas
Cannon Fodder

February 22nd, 2015, 1:55 am #6

Avoiding homework at all costs by doing more skull studies wheeeeeeee!
[+] Spoiler

A hyena skull. I purposely chose a weird angle and boy did it kick my butt. Turned out okay all things considering.

Whales have really weird skulls. This is a sperm whale in particular. Right whales look even weirder but I couldn't find a good reference sadly.

A giraffe! This one came out the best I think.
NotAFlyingToy wrote:This shit is dope.
Thanks Naft! ;u;
Fenris wrote:Birds!! I love birds!!!! You draw such cute birds!!!!!!!! I'm sorry for all the exclamation points but I really love birds a lot!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you! I love birds a lot too, so I understand. I've been wanting to draw more anyway, so maybe I can draw one just for you? What kind of birds do you like? I'll see if I can get around to doing it at some point! Probably after I actually do my homework...
Crap.
[+] Spoiler
Margaret Peters

Lovely sprite by Fenris!
[+] Spoiler

Fenris
Player

February 22nd, 2015, 2:24 am #7

Oh gosh really??? Aaaah now I have to pick a favorite bird it's like picking a favorite child.......

Okay um could you maybe draw a kestrel? :3 Thank you so so much aaaah I cannot overexaggerate how excited I am thank you ;w;
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler

DastardlyBananas
Cannon Fodder

February 22nd, 2015, 5:00 am #8

Fenris wrote:Oh gosh really??? Aaaah now I have to pick a favorite bird it's like picking a favorite child.......

Okay um could you maybe draw a kestrel? :3 Thank you so so much aaaah I cannot overexaggerate how excited I am thank you ;w;
Guess who drew a bird instead of doing homework. Hint: it's me.
[+] Spoiler
I do actually have access to a scanner sometimes, so hopefully that helps the quality!

Oh, I almost forgot. I was tempted to do this picture, but I figured it would be better if you could actually see the face.
Crap.
[+] Spoiler
Margaret Peters

Lovely sprite by Fenris!
[+] Spoiler

Fenris
Player

February 22nd, 2015, 5:50 am #9

IT'S SO CUTE I LOVE YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH (but please do your homework too D:)
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler

Namira
Mr. Danya

February 22nd, 2015, 1:17 pm #10

biiiiiirrrrbs

SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!
[+] Spoiler
13:58 Gianni Oh come on you broke someone's heart
13:59 Gianni you are proud, not embarrassed
13:59 Christian Yes
13:59 Christian Be proud
13:59 Christian Do we not all strive to break a human soul?
[+] Spoiler
Vincenzo/a 'Vinny' 'Enzo' Gatti | DO IT FOR THE VINE.
Toby 'Noodle' Andreasson | :|
[+] Spoiler
G008 - Kammy So'oialo | wants a new script
G062 - Becca Everett | was a damn superstar
G071 - Sunshine Cho Lee | trusted
[+] Spoiler
G026 - Rosalia Fiametta | Found it. | Walkie Talkies
G014 - Yelizaveta 'Bounce' Volkova | Out of here | Gasoline
B060 - Brock Mason | Thump. Thump |
G029 - Kristina 'Kris' Hartmann | Put Down. | Drama Bombs [∞], M79 Grenade Launcher [x6 grenades]
G117 - Jessie Anderson | Still Smiling | Faith

Espi
Winner

February 22nd, 2015, 7:41 pm #11

THESE ARE SO CUTE
V5: Cut Short
Theodore Fletcher
Nina Clarke
Gwen O'Connor

V6: Broken Down
Alice Baker (->Aura)
Henry Spencer
Blair Moore

V7: Unprepared
Rhonda Lawson[/b
Toby Underwood
Paloma Salt

DastardlyBananas
Cannon Fodder

March 15th, 2015, 11:41 pm #12

Ah yes, look who's finally living up to their promise of not posting here often.

Unfortunately that makes me feel bad, so I drug up some old stuff from one of my sketchbooks.
[+] Spoiler

Fox skulls are actually what started my love of skull drawing.

Mostly because of this guy! This is a design for Death that I thought of and played with. I have an idea that I might use it in. It would probably work best in comic format, but I don't know.

On a completely unrelated note, I was also trying to figure out how to make a functioning saddle for a terror bird, just...because. I thought it could be cool if they were used for military means like cavalry. I do have some other related sketches, but unfortunately I forgot to scan them.
The quality on these are meh because I draw really lightly and have to mess with the scanner settings. They're also huge and I really don't feel like re-sizing them. Sorry!
Crap.
[+] Spoiler
Margaret Peters

Lovely sprite by Fenris!
[+] Spoiler

MurderWeasel
MW's Private Rank

March 16th, 2015, 12:16 am #13

So, I think I told you on Skype which is the only reason I took so long to post here (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!), but these are all super awesome. You get tons of detail here, and this is the most fun I think I've ever had looking at pictures of skulls. You also get a ton of personality out of the ghost (is he Death, or the skull?). Great job on these! You're super talented.

Winner
Winner

March 16th, 2015, 11:50 am #14

Oh, I really love the ghost! Also, the skulls and the birbs are awesome as well.

DastardlyBananas
Cannon Fodder

May 22nd, 2015, 3:55 am #15

*Claws their way out of a void known as horrible amounts of school work because of IB*

Oh God I have not been on here in forever. I guess the best way to get back into the swing of things is by updating the thread that I made myself. Luckily, I have been finding time to draw in the two months I've been gone! Unfortunately it's all traditional, so you'll have to put up with my terrible scan quality (I draw too lightly >.<).
[+] Spoiler

I drew this shortly after the League champion Bard was announced because I absolutely loved his design. His vaguely Shadow of the Colossus like appearance fit right into my love of that kind of style, especially with the mask...face...thing. You can probably see elements of that in my other doodles.

I came up with a cool webcomic idea involving my design of Death, and this is my as of yet unnamed main character! She's studying paleontology and likes bright colors and pretty sundresses. There's more to her than that, but these are clearly the most important parts of her character.

Full body reference for Death with a couple different head angles. Nothing too special here, though it did take me forever to get its legs and stomach to look like how I wanted.

More references. A slightly more actiony pose and two other skull forms that it could take. The three skulls from top to bottom are: fox, lion, and flying fox.

How can you convey expression with a skull dog that rarely opens its mouth? I have no idea. Let's just mess with stuff instead.

Ghosties! Ghosts can take on many forms in this webcomic, and they are often abstract. The weird bird thing is a tentative design for a sort of companion, while the others are ideas for background ghosts. They could have been anything in life, but they look like this in death now. Their forms don't hold any real symbolic or spiritual meaning about the "true nature of their soul" or anything; they simply exist and look like that. I could talk quite a bit about how death works in this and how Death manages everything, but this probably isn't the place for it!
So that's that! Sorry for the unexpected hiatus in posting. I was expecting to have gaps between stuff, but not ones that are that long. Thanks to everyone who complimented my stuff and I never replied to! I really do appreciate it, I just got busy and don't like posting in here without art. ;n;

Crap.
[+] Spoiler
Margaret Peters

Lovely sprite by Fenris!
[+] Spoiler