Bananas Draws Sometimes

Welcome to Artist's Alley! This forum was recommended by Asano. Within, our forum's aspiring artists can showcase their artwork -- be it drawings, sketches, poetry, writings, or any other creative works.

Bananas Draws Sometimes

DastardlyBananas
Cannon Fodder

February 21st, 2015, 4:01 am #1

Sometimes I draw things. Sometimes. Okay almost never but still.

I'm just making this thread to put some of it up somewhere I guess. I don't know. I was partially coerced into doing this, but hey, maybe it will make me draw more.

I'm not opening myself to requests at the moment because I don't want to be eaten alive, sorry! Also because I can't draw people very well.
[+] spoiler

I play too much Nuclear Throne and YV is silly.

I also like dragons far too much.

Birb.
So yeah, I guess this exists now.
Ah yes, the signature, the place where I make my individual mark upon every post I let see the light of day. Surely it should be something magnificent, something that truly captures my essence as the extraordinary person that I am?
Crap.
[+] spoiler
Margaret Peters

Lovely sprite by Fenris!
[+] spoiler
I have an art thread that I update sometimes. Kind of. I'm not consistent at all but the thread exists. You can go to it here.

DastardlyBananas
Cannon Fodder

February 21st, 2015, 4:36 am #2

Toben reminded me I had some pen sketches of birds. I basically copied these from pictures, but I did them entirely in pen. No pencil sketches beforehand. Because I like making myself sad I guess. It was actually pretty fun and I should do it again sometime.
[+] spoiler

They're a bit blurry and apparently huge but oh well. You can also see League in the background of the second one, woops.[
Edit: Forgot a sketch somehow. I guess I never took a picture of it?
Ah yes, the signature, the place where I make my individual mark upon every post I let see the light of day. Surely it should be something magnificent, something that truly captures my essence as the extraordinary person that I am?
Crap.
[+] spoiler
Margaret Peters

Lovely sprite by Fenris!
[+] spoiler
I have an art thread that I update sometimes. Kind of. I'm not consistent at all but the thread exists. You can go to it here.

DastardlyBananas
Cannon Fodder

February 21st, 2015, 5:46 am #3

I guess since I was drawing things today (a rarer occurrence than three posts in relatively quick succession would have you believe), I might as well put them here. I did some skull studies with an elephant and a rabbit. I traced them from a photo first to get a general feel for how they're supposed to work, then sketched them from reference. Quite relaxing really!
[+] spoiler

Elephant

Rabbit
I do mean it when I say I probably won't post this often normally. Most of what's in here so far is old art. Putting stuff here is cool, but I just don't really draw that often. ;>.>
Crap.
[+] spoiler
Margaret Peters

Lovely sprite by Fenris!
[+] spoiler

NotAFlyingToy
Winner

February 21st, 2015, 11:12 am #4

This shit is dope.
A list of the dying, a list of the damned.
[+] spoiler
We've yet to live and soon will fall.

B027: Oskar Pearce has his shields up -- Step back from it, Jane. (Adopted from SansaSaver!)
[+] spoiler
We've fought and fought and lost it all.

G063: Natali Greer fell into sadness and couldn't get out -- Everything was going to be alright. (Adopted Posthumously from backslash!)
B067: Brandon Baxter died as he lived -- On his own terms.
B076: Hansel Williams wasn't wrong, in the end -- I wouldn't change anything. Not a goddamn thing.
[+] spoiler
Here in the wings, we wait for the call.

Jaden Bertelli wants you to be better -- Work harder, no excuses.
Miley Sacramento isn't looking for the long-term -- Like, why are the democrats an elephant, anyway?
Robert Munnings hates your favourite teacher -- We hurt ourselves so that others can't.
Kelsey Hamilton is going to be the best in the world -- Out of my way, dead man.
Asher Glas really admires the way you carry yourself -- Oh, hey - let me get that for you.
"Skinny" Trevor Sharpe would sell the shirt off of your back -- Pick your poison.

Fenris
Player

February 22nd, 2015, 12:37 am #5

Birds!! I love birds!!!! You draw such cute birds!!!!!!!! I'm sorry for all the exclamation points but I really love birds a lot!!!!!!!!!!!
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
[+] spoiler
Dante Luciano Valerio - Looking for penguins.
Then: None Now: [x] [x]
Ivy Langley - Holding hands.
Then: [x] [x] [x] [x] Now: [x] [x] [x]
Apollonia "Nia" Karahalios - Drawing.
Then: [x] Now: [x] [x]
Axel Fontaine - Totally surrounded.
Then: [x] [x] Now: [x] [x] [x] [x]
Artem Fyodorov - Looking for a story.
Zen Alicea Feliciano - Hanging out with squirrels!
Then: [x] Now: [x]

[+] spoiler
Gwendolyn "Gwen" Carlisle - Looking for attention.
Moira Bellamy - Looking for help.
Rory Wrona - Looking for some quiet.
Salvador "Sal" Mendoza - Looking for an argument.
Dylan MacKenna - Looking for a revolution.

DastardlyBananas
Cannon Fodder

February 22nd, 2015, 1:55 am #6

Avoiding homework at all costs by doing more skull studies wheeeeeeee!
[+] spoiler

A hyena skull. I purposely chose a weird angle and boy did it kick my butt. Turned out okay all things considering.

Whales have really weird skulls. This is a sperm whale in particular. Right whales look even weirder but I couldn't find a good reference sadly.

A giraffe! This one came out the best I think.
NotAFlyingToy wrote:This shit is dope.
Thanks Naft! ;u;
Fenris wrote:Birds!! I love birds!!!! You draw such cute birds!!!!!!!! I'm sorry for all the exclamation points but I really love birds a lot!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you! I love birds a lot too, so I understand. I've been wanting to draw more anyway, so maybe I can draw one just for you? What kind of birds do you like? I'll see if I can get around to doing it at some point! Probably after I actually do my homework...
Crap.
[+] spoiler
Margaret Peters

Lovely sprite by Fenris!
[+] spoiler

Fenris
Player

February 22nd, 2015, 2:24 am #7

Oh gosh really??? Aaaah now I have to pick a favorite bird it's like picking a favorite child.......

Okay um could you maybe draw a kestrel? :3 Thank you so so much aaaah I cannot overexaggerate how excited I am thank you ;w;
[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler

DastardlyBananas
Cannon Fodder

February 22nd, 2015, 5:00 am #8

Fenris wrote:Oh gosh really??? Aaaah now I have to pick a favorite bird it's like picking a favorite child.......

Okay um could you maybe draw a kestrel? :3 Thank you so so much aaaah I cannot overexaggerate how excited I am thank you ;w;
Guess who drew a bird instead of doing homework. Hint: it's me.
[+] spoiler
I do actually have access to a scanner sometimes, so hopefully that helps the quality!

Oh, I almost forgot. I was tempted to do this picture, but I figured it would be better if you could actually see the face.
Crap.
[+] spoiler
Margaret Peters

Lovely sprite by Fenris!
[+] spoiler

Fenris
Player

February 22nd, 2015, 5:50 am #9

IT'S SO CUTE I LOVE YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH (but please do your homework too D:)
[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler

Namira
Mr. Danya

February 22nd, 2015, 1:17 pm #10

biiiiiirrrrbs

SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!
[+] spoiler
13:58 Gianni Oh come on you broke someone's heart
13:59 Gianni you are proud, not embarrassed
13:59 Christian Yes
13:59 Christian Be proud
13:59 Christian Do we not all strive to break a human soul?
[+] spoiler
Vincenzo/a 'Vinny' 'Enzo' Gatti | DO IT FOR THE VINE.
Toby 'Noodle' Andreasson | :|
[+] spoiler
G008 - Kammy So'oialo | wants a new script
G062 - Becca Everett | was a damn superstar
G071 - Sunshine Cho Lee | trusted
[+] spoiler
G026 - Rosalia Fiametta | Found it. | Walkie Talkies
G014 - Yelizaveta 'Bounce' Volkova | Out of here | Gasoline
B060 - Brock Mason | Thump. Thump |
G029 - Kristina 'Kris' Hartmann | Put Down. | Drama Bombs [∞], M79 Grenade Launcher [x6 grenades]
G117 - Jessie Anderson | Still Smiling | Faith