Away

Megami
Mr. Danya

2:43 AM - Sep 28, 2006 #1

Gonna be away for a while? Please post here and let us know! So long as you post here, characters you've created that are participating in the V4 threads won't be put on the inactive list or up for adoption. You don't have to let us know the details unless you want, but a length of time you'll be away would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your cooperation!

NOTE: An 'away' post here is automatically nullified if you post on the board outside of the in game threads. If you have time to natter, you have time to write IC posts!

NOTE2: Read this thread for more rules concerning away protocol.

Croco
Survivor
Croco
Survivor

4:03 AM - Oct 27, 2006 #2

Starting November 9th, I will pretty much be away for the next two weeks as a very special friend of mine is flying in from London to visit me. After that, we're gonna be heading up north; first to Madison, Wisconsin to visit another friend, then off to the Windy City for a big-ass convention otherwise known as Midwest Furfest. (As to what exactly this is, you'll have to ask me...if you dare...) I should be back to active posting on November 22nd or 23rd.

Yeah, I know...I'm just begging to be made fun of...
THE HIT SQUAD
G16: Brittany Ashworth - CONDITION: Deceased
B44: Michael Neely - CONDITION: Deceased
B20: Peter Rosenthal - CONDITION: Deceased
B23: Vesa Turunen - CONDITION: Injured

FUTURE HITMEN
Corbin Barrett, Kazuhiko Takeda

Cactus
Mr. Danya

4:07 AM - Oct 27, 2006 #3

Starting like...this weekend, I'm basically going into a reclusive state as I have two essays, a test and a presentation during the next two weeks. Don't expect a lot of me online, and if I do, it'll probably to toss up a post or two in the new SOTF, maybe to chat a bit, but that's it.

I'll be good as of like...November 14-15th.

---
[+] Spoiler
Connor Lorenzen: When you're this good, image is everything.
Pregame: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
Memories: 1

Morgan Dragosavich: Ahh, I'll figure shit out later. Let's go!

Ross Miller: Just hangin' out, man.
Pregame: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4
Memories: 1 - 2

Claudeson Bademosi: It's a beautiful day, I think.
Pregame: 1 - 2

Ariana Moretti: The verbal assassin.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
B092 - Eddie Serjeantson: Fully in charge, but not much of an arborist.
B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
[+] Spoiler
B033 - Cole Hudson: Sprung a leak.
B011 - Adam Amato: Refused to besmirch those walls.
B099 - John Sheppard: Went out with a bang.
B122 - Ryan Atwell: Couldn't help but write a "Dear John" letter.
G034 - Jamie Li: Left us far before her time.
B011/99 - Burton Harris/Ken Lawson: The Kermit-squad.
[+] Spoiler
< | Angelina | Gilbert | Andrew | Art | Wade | Rupert | Mary | Alexander | Dean | Sarah | Zilya | Alicia | Staffan | Trent | Jodene | >
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Mrs. Ritch: Sweet Billy
The New Adventures of Ed-liver and Mike: Writing Essays and Making Pizza

lovebirdjo
Leader

11:08 PM - Oct 29, 2006 #4

Right when v2 starts, Oct. 31 - Nov. 2(Hopefully), I'll be off. Going to a Blue October concert Halloween night, and I will probably need the next day to sleep since I'm still going to go to school.

G007 ~ Sierra Manning | >> // >> // > But I Might Die Tonight < | Pepper Spray
wrote:12:56 am Mimi: ....do rodents often eat panties in Australia?

Chase
Player
Chase
Player

3:59 PM - Oct 30, 2006 #5

Halloween, Job Orientation, Baking, Child Developement, Pre-schoolers, and much much more!

Guess you won't be seeing my ass for awhile, and V2 has already started... fucktards didn't see why we had to wait. Bite me. :angry:
Risen from the dead.

Jotun
Leader
Jotun
Leader

12:00 AM - Oct 31, 2006 #6

I've been blessed with a copy of Nocturne. I might not be here as much for awhile. Just saying.

Cactus
Mr. Danya

12:15 AM - Oct 31, 2006 #7

Going to remind everyone - I won't be around much this week or next because of homework.

Moreso this week than next though.
---
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
< | Angelina | Gilbert | Andrew | Art | Wade | Rupert | Mary | Alexander | Dean | Sarah | Zilya | Alicia | Staffan | Trent | Jodene | >
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

riserugu
Leader

2:53 AM - Nov 02, 2006 #8

I'm not going away or anything, per say...

Though my laptop and the road are about to become very good friends via being throw from my window. It's having what we in the house have fondly dubbed 'an acid trip from hell, or at least 1972' so, I'm going to try and find up what's up tomorrow when I go into town to pick up my brother-in-law's computer from the shop.

Toodles till whenever, dearies.

Cactus
Mr. Danya

10:59 PM - Nov 13, 2006 #9

My activity'll be sparse for the next few weeks.

It's exam time, and I have one next Wednesday, and then it all begins....

O_O

*dies*

I'll be around, just very rarely will I be actually ready to talk and stuff.
---
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

riserugu
Leader

4:17 AM - Nov 18, 2006 #10

o.o;

I just got promoted at my job, and it's a bit a head-rush and between my two jobs and school -- I seem to live everywhere but at home.

Hopefully things will settle down, soon.

Megami
Mr. Danya

3:15 PM - Nov 22, 2006 #11

"Omigod, Meg's leaving the site forEVER!"

Ahahaha, no.

For you that live in the States, and most of you around the globe, you know that tomorrow is Thanksgiving here. Not so much a big deal, right? Yeah, well, it's the day AFTER tomorrow that's gonna get to me. Y'see I work retail (bum bum buuum!) and we do that whole pesky "Open the store at 5 AM and let all the freaks with no job come shop!" thing. So, after Thanksgiving and until Christmas, we're going to have this insane barrage of people in our store at all times. How does this concern you all? Well, to put it bluntly, it means I'm gonna be stressed the fuck out every single day that I have to work. It also means that the productivity I once had on this site is probably going to be rotting in a shallow grave somewhere throughout the holiday season. Working 8 hours a day isn't that bad, but when you factor in that it's an hour drive there and back and I NEVER get off work on time, things suddenly become a little more complicated.

So, where am I going with this, anyway? I'm not leaving the site, so don't worry about that. However, I AM going to be unofficially "Away" for a while. That doesn't mean I'm going to halt all activity and cease everything I do around here, so don't worry about that. It DOES mean, however, that both things are probably going to drop significantly for a while. It also means that you guys really need to start making use of the other staff members around here, because odds are, when I've just stepped through the door from work -- or just woken up and hopped on the PC to check my email -- or whatever -- I don't wanna be pestered by SOTF questions. You know, I'm pretty sure all of the staffers have their AIM and/or MSN screen names on their account, you can PM them, you can PM SOTF_Help and somebody will answer your questions... and right now, they'll probably get to it a lot faster than I can.

And I mean, our staffers are knowledgeable people, believe it or not. But aren't some of them new?! Yeah, some of them ARE new. But guess what? Adam, Makaze, Riser, and Leo have all been here LONGER than me. Crazy, huh? They pretty much know the ropes, hell, they taught them to me. The other staffers, while they may be "new", are very intelligent people who will do their best to answer any and all questions you may have. What if they can't answer it? Well, THEN you can direct your PM to me, and I'll attempt to answer it sometime within the next century when I'm not running around like a chicken with my head cut off.

Am I greatly overexaggerating the time I'm going to be away from the computer? I don't know yet. Sadly, I'm probably not. Anyway, the morale of this story is that for a while, I am, technically, "away". Make use of the Support board, make use of the multiple staffers we have floating around the forum. If there isn't a staffer online, there are SOTF veterans who were here for the first version floating around the board that could probably answer your question too. I don't have time to do it all right now, so I really need you guys to kind of help one another out. I'm not gonna pawn all the contests and stuff I orchestrated off on the other staffers, I'll still be around to do them. This is basically to sum up that within the next month or so, when I sign online, I don't want to be barraged with hordes of SOTF-related questions out of the blue.

Likewise, when I sign onto the site, I don't want to have 12 PMs sitting in my inbox asking silly things that you could've easily found in the FAQ or asked on the message board. Comprende? Any other time, I could deal with it. But, I'll be straight with you all -- my job SUCKS -- and it's tiring, and generally, I'm in a bad mood when I come home. Which means that I'm probably gonna wind up unintentionally being a bitch, because little bitty things annoy me greatly when I'm already in a bad mood. So... SOTF_Help, the eight other staffers on the board, the forum's Support section. Make use of them. And hey, staffers, there are EIGHT of you. You don't need my go-ahead to do something. You're all capable people, and I trust you guys. But don't sweat the contests that are coming up, I'll take care of those. I'll also take care of the first announcement, seeing as it was something I was rather looking forward to writing.

Anyway, thanks for your understanding and cooperation in this matter, I'm sure that some of you can really relate to my current situation. Have a great holiday, guys, and I'll still be popping in, just a little less than usual until the holidays are over. So, with that, I think I've pretty much summed up all I had to say. Have a great day, SOTFers!

lovebirdjo
Leader

4:21 PM - Nov 22, 2006 #12

That's why there are instant messaging services for us to take advantage of. *muah* Retail is a bitch.

G007 ~ Sierra Manning | >> // >> // > But I Might Die Tonight < | Pepper Spray
wrote:12:56 am Mimi: ....do rodents often eat panties in Australia?

Endless_Helix
Survivor

5:18 PM - Nov 22, 2006 #13

We anxiously await your true rebirth, Oh dread god Megami...

That is not dead, which can eternal lie, but in strange Aeons even death may die...

Seriously though, I hope it doesn't get too terrible.

I now have... Meat Puppets! with 70% more calories than my last ones!
Mortimer Jones, Boy 66: Emotionless and Hungry
Joeseph Gai, Boy 67: Yet to debut

Do you know why they're called revolutions?

Sephy
Cannon Fodder
Sephy
Cannon Fodder

5:33 PM - Nov 22, 2006 #14

I'm probably gonna get jumped on for this but may I ask why you felt the need to start a new thread when we already have an "Away" thread?

La Skellette!
La Skellette!

5:37 PM - Nov 22, 2006 #15

Because she is flippin' Meg, that's why .