The rules are simple. Most of you will be given 'green' microchips, while the rest of you will receive 'red' microchips. Your goal is to destroy the microchips of the opposite color according to the guidelines provided for you. Please see your Role PM for more details/health hazards/etc. When you have determined someone is of an opposing faction, please take their chip from them and dispose of it in the Aperture Science Emergency Intelligence Incinerator we have provided for your benefit. State and Federal regulations mandate that all chips must be destroyed promptly, in order to properly finish the test, so please respect our guidelines. They are for your safety.
You will also be given the opportunity to participate in four bonus tests centered around Trust, Enthusiasm, Self-Confidence, and Teamwork to further enhance your testing experience.
Finally, for your convenience, and to prevent accidental mishaps or misplacement of valuable property, these chips have been permanently bonded to your frontal lobes during the mandatory medical examines, as per the terms of the waivers you all signed by default when you volunteered.
- Do not, under any circumstances, quote, screenshot, or otherwise allow people direct access to your Role PM. You may paraphrase your role & flavor. Do not talk about the game outside of the game thread in any capacity without direct permission from the mod. If you're not sure if something is okay, ask, and save us both some trouble.
- To remain active, you must make at least six posts per day. If you fall below without posting a notification in the appropriate thread, you will be prodded the first time, and mod killed the second. If I am PM'd by a 4/5 majority of the surviving players with the request to modkill a player who has already received a prod, they will be modkilled regardless. (You may discuss this in-thread, but only votes sent via PM will be counted.)
- Day Phases will run for 7 days. Night phases will run for 2. This may be altered slightly for Test #2, as it may require an extra 1-2 days during the Night Phase. (Blame rebalancing!) The scum team will receive 36 hours of Daychat on the first day phase only.
- Order of actions will be determined by NAR, except in that Roleblocks take primacy over all other blocking actions, and Miscellaneous roles are treated like the role they most resemble, where applicable.
- All lynches are final. You may continue talking after a lynch is reached but before I've posted the flip aka during the unofficial "Twilight Phase". Once the flip is posted and night starts, no more posting.
- After you are killed, do not post in this thread. This includes when you are lynched - you may not speak in Twilight if you are the person being lynched. No last minute read lists or Cop reveals, etc.
- Votes must be red to be counted. Unvotes should be green. Unvotes are encouraged, but not required. If it looks like a vote for somebody, it will be counted, to avoid fake-voting gambits.
- Don't deliberately be a jerk. Attacking somebody's play is fine. Attacking the player as a person is not. Likewise, please try to understand that this is a game, and people may suspect you as part of it. I don't think this will be an issue with you guys, but I want to keep it clear & ready.
- Don't try to abuse loopholes in these rules. Deliberately attempting to circumvent the rules, including pretending to break a rule, will be treated as if you were actually breaking the rule.
- Vote counts should be posted at least every 24 hours. If I don't do this, you're free to bug me.
- Play to your win condition and be civil--this game is about arguing, not about being gratuitously insulting in a personal way.
- I intend to use a light hand while modding, however Rule Zero is firmly in effect.
- Everyone is Vanilla at the start of the game.
- Powers roles will be distributed via four 'Tests'. These are simple, pre-determined mini-games centered around paranoia and trust.
- There will be one 'Test' per Day for the first four Days. This will usually take place during the night phase.
- Due to this, everyone's personal flavor is exactly the same, except in so much as I will refer to the first person to sign up as Tester #1, the second as Tester #2, and so on. The only difference will be whether your are Town or Mafia These were determined using a random tool.
- [+] spoiler
Cop - During any Night Phase after receiving this power, you may choose to Investigate any single player. You will receive results in the form of 'Innocent' if they are Town, and 'Guilty' if they are any role other than Town. You are guaranteed to be sane.
Watcher - During any Night Phase after receiving this power, you may select a single player to Watch. You will see the names - but not the actions - of any players who visited your target during the night.
Tracker - During any Night Phase after receiving your power, you may target a single player to Track them. You will learn who, if anyone, that player visits during the night.
Role Cop - During any Night Phase after receiving your power, you may target a single player to Investigate them, and learn what PRs they have chosen throughout the game. Limited roles that have been used will not appear.
Ninja - During any Night Phase after receiving this power, any actions you use will be undetectable by Trackers or Watchers.
Doctor - During any Night Phase after receiving this power, you may choose to Protect a single player during the night. If the player you protected is targeted by a single, regular kill during the night, it will fail. You may not protect yourself.
Jailkeeper - During any Night Phase after receiving this power, you may choose to simultaneously Protect and Roleblock a single player during the night. This player will be protected from a single, regular night kill. Any actions they take will fail and be removed from play. You may not protect yourself.
Bodyguard - During any Night Phase after receiving your power, you may target a single player to Protect them. If the player you are Protecting is targeted for a normal night kill, you will die in their place. You will absorb any number of regular night kills directed at your target.
Bulletproof - If you are targeted for a kill at any time after receiving this power, it will fail. This is passive and in effect at all times. Roles that bypass protection will still be able to kill you.
Commuter - During any Night Phase after receiving your power, you may choose to Commute. When you Commute, you are considered to have left the game for that Night. In other words, you will be immune to absolutely all Night Actions of any type, even ones that would normally penetrate protection.
Universal Backup - In the event that a player with a PR still in their possession dies during the Night, you will gain a copy of whatever PRs they might have had. In the event that multiple people die with PRs available, you will be randomly given one set of those powers.
Roleblocker - During any Night Phase after you receive your power, you may select a single target to Roleblock. If this player uses any powers during the Night Phase, they will fail. The player will lose any X-shot powers used during this time.
Beloved Princess - If at any time you are lynched, the dayphase following immediately after your death will be skipped, allowing for two nights in a row. If you die by means other than a lynch, there will be no penalty.
Vigilante - During any Night Phase after you receive your power, you may select a single target to Night Kill.
Neigborizer - During any Night Phase after receiving your power, you may choose a target to Neighborize. You will be given a unique QT to speak privately with this person at any time during the game, starting the following Day Phase. No Neighborhood may include more than two people, living or dead. Any further Neighborizations from the same player will result in multiple Neighborhoods.
Redirect - During any Night Phase after receiving this power, you may choose a player to target. This will Redirect any Night Actions used by that player to another player of your choice. You may Redirect a person's action to back at themselves, or to yourself.
Bookie - Durning any Night Phase after receiving this power, you may choose to target a single player. If that player is lynched during the Day Phase immediately following, you may replace your Bookie power with any role listed in the opening post, including major power roles.
Fruit Vendor - During any Night Phase after receiving this power, you may choose to target a single player to send them fruit. They will be told they received fruit, but not from who. This fruit has no special properties except for this message. You cannot send fruit and perform any other actions during the night.
- [+] spoiler
1xVanilliazer - Once per game, during any Night Phase after receiving this power, you may choose to target a single player to Vanillaize them. This will remove any power roles they have, block any powers used that same night, and prevent them from holding a power role in the future. If the target is Mafia, they may still perform the factional kill.
1xLoverizer - Once per game, during any Night Phase after receiving this power, you may choose to target another player to make them a Lover with you. They will not be told they are now Lovers with you - you both will receive a private QT Neighborhood to chat with each other, as would happen with a Neighborizer. If one of you should die, the other will inevitably die at the end of the phase immediately following.
(If you die during the Night, they die at the end of the Day phase. If you are lynched during the Day, they die at the end of the next Night Phase.)
Full Cop - Like the Cop mentioned above, you may Investigate any single player during the Night to learn whether they are Town or Not Town. (Referred to as Innocent and Guilty regardless of alignment.) You are guaranteed to be sane, and will have no special limits, such as an 'X-shot' role.
Elite Bodyguard - During any Night Phase after receiving this power, you may choose to target a single player and Protect them. If a player you have Protected is targeted for any number of regular night kills, you will die in their place and kill up to one attacker. This works like a regular kill, and will be blocked if the attacker is protected.
1xStrongman Kill Modifier - Once per game, during any Night Phase after receiving this power, you may turn any regular Night Kill you already have into an unblockable Strongman kill. This includes the Mafia Factional kill as long as it is performed by the person who has this power. This power cannot be blocked or protected from in any form, nor redirected - only a Commuter will survive.
1xParanoid Gun Owner - Once per game, during any Night Phase after receiving this power, you may enable your PGO power. This will kill anyone who targets you with a power role of any kind. Only one person may be killed with this power. If you are targeted by multiple people in the night, the person killed will be the one highest up on the NAR priority linked above. The one exception is if you are targeted for a nightkill, you will kill that person, regardless of NAR priority. (If the NAR is tied, the kill will effect the person who sent their actions in last.) (Killing the person who attempts to NK you will not protect you from their kill.)
Encryptor - As long as you are alive, the Mafia will be able to chat at any time during the day.
Now that the legalese is over, enjoy!
Living Players - (List of ISOs) - (Mod ISO)
~An * denotes a prod. One prod is allowed before a modkill or force-replacement on the second. Players may force a modkill upon 4/5 agreement if the player has received a single prod already.
Randomness - Mafia
Naft - Town
Deamon - Town
Frogue - Town
MurderWeasel - Town
Bikriki - Town
Danny - Town
Decoy - Town
Zetsu - Town
RC - Town
Day #1 Lynch - Randomness
Day #2 Lynch - Naft
Day #3 Lynch - Decoy
Day #4 Lynch - Zetsu