dmboogie
Winner

April 6th, 2017, 4:18 am #961

Flare wrote:I agree with EP that placing a vote so hastily rings a lot of alarm bells. There's a whole lot of confidence going on not a lot of solid information, which is counter-intuitive to a Townie who knows, mathematically, that we have to be at LyLo today. And yeah, you can go around spouting "Well *I* know I'm town!" all you want, but hey, this is a game about CONVINCING PEOPLE. Especially considering the fact that scum would be very hesitant to off themselves at such a crucial point, you basically have to persuade both people left in the game who can possibly be persuaded, no stone left unturned. That's the only viable option; your current attitude smells of someone who thinks that if they act sure enough they can get one confused Townie to side with them and just end the game right here. And hey, conveniently enough, I don't really like the way you're trying to buddy up with me so blatantly.
yeah this is all smart to say

basically what happened was that i was overwhelmed by Noticing Something Actionable for once in a mafia game and rushed in waaaaay too hard. too late now, still not retracting my vote. will try to have better words later once i have slept.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Asha Sur: GIRL 018, armed with a TASER. "Let's all embrace nihilism and be nice!"
Cass Prince: HUMAN 001, armed with a MOP. "It's all falling apart, isn't it? We're unravelling."
[+] Spoiler
V6
Harold Porter: BOY 034, armed with a COFFEE POT. "Hey - none of this... none of this is your fault, alright?" Messed up. Plain and simple.

V5
Daniel Whitten: BOY 074, armed with an INDIANA JONES REPLICA WHIP. "Oh, hey, sorry. Didn't think there was anyone else-" Died early.
Alice Gilman: GIRL 064, armed with a ROTATO. "Just... Just wanted you to drop the gun. Thought you were gonna shoot." Died stupidly.
Michael Mitchellson:BOY 019, armed with a FUCKING AUTOMATIC SHOTGUN. Died a failure.

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Daniel Whitten

By Violent-Medic

Michael Mitchellson

By Violent-Medic

By Mimi

Alice Gilman

By TurtleTyrant

Flare
Contender

April 6th, 2017, 4:20 am #962

"I made a mistake."

"There's a really easy way to retract the mistake."

"naaaaaaaaah"
V5 Characters:

Jack McDonald is a SELF-INSERT YAY.

dmboogie
Winner

April 6th, 2017, 4:20 am #963

it's also less "trying to buddy up with you" and more "convincing you and the other townie that im not full of shit" is my win condition now.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Asha Sur: GIRL 018, armed with a TASER. "Let's all embrace nihilism and be nice!"
Cass Prince: HUMAN 001, armed with a MOP. "It's all falling apart, isn't it? We're unravelling."
[+] Spoiler
V6
Harold Porter: BOY 034, armed with a COFFEE POT. "Hey - none of this... none of this is your fault, alright?" Messed up. Plain and simple.

V5
Daniel Whitten: BOY 074, armed with an INDIANA JONES REPLICA WHIP. "Oh, hey, sorry. Didn't think there was anyone else-" Died early.
Alice Gilman: GIRL 064, armed with a ROTATO. "Just... Just wanted you to drop the gun. Thought you were gonna shoot." Died stupidly.
Michael Mitchellson:BOY 019, armed with a FUCKING AUTOMATIC SHOTGUN. Died a failure.

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Daniel Whitten

By Violent-Medic

Michael Mitchellson

By Violent-Medic

By Mimi

Alice Gilman

By TurtleTyrant

dmboogie
Winner

April 6th, 2017, 4:22 am #964

my mistake was in how i presented it, not in my logic or my vote. i presented my case in a really, REALLY shitty way, which is bad because i should be... working with town instead of flipping the table and doing poses in the middle of the living room at midnight.

unvoting won't do my case any favors, and i am a steadfast son of truth.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
V6

V5

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Daniel Whitten

By Violent-Medic

Michael Mitchellson

By Violent-Medic

By Mimi

Alice Gilman

By TurtleTyrant

Emprexx Plush
Mr. Danya

April 6th, 2017, 4:34 am #965

So here's how this breaks down for me:

There are almost definitely two scum left in the game unless it's a mind-blowing two scum team, in which case holy shit this game was biased against scum in a big way.

Boogie immediately pushes Brackie. If Boogie is scum, Brackie is clean.

Flare calls Boogie out. If Boogie is scum, Flare is clean.

I know I'm town.

Boogie is by far the scummiest person left in the game. By virtue of elimination, Goose is his partner.

I really feel strong about a Boogie lynch at this point and I don't know how much else we can learn. Flare, Brackie, is there anything you're wanting to hear here on the end of Boogie? Otherwise I feel like we've sussed this out.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
G056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
[+] Spoiler
B062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
[+] Spoiler
B014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
Isaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars

NPCs:
Jacob Brooks: ... Character Theme: 1812 Overture-Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
[+] Spoiler
Blaise d'Aramitz: Blonde Hair, Black Lungs-Sorority Noise
Helena 'Hel" Fury: Okay, but riddle me this: where in the rulebook does it say it's not a series of automatic critical hits if I Flurry of Blows an ogre's nutsack like a speedbag? Bad Liar-Selena Gomez
Jeremiah Widdlestone: NOT--FOR--YOU 911/Mr. Lonely-Tyler The Creator
Damian Riccardo Maradona Reyes: I'll go all day, all week, all year if I gotta, big guy. Just try and stop me. Years Of War-Porter Robinson
Barbara "Babs" Mulaney: One. Deux. Tres. Vier. Fem. Yug. Haft. Aath. Dyev-yat. Dez. Might Tell You Tonight-Scissor Sisters
Zyzzx Rigs: Last of the first, folks. Light me up.You Know You Like It - DJ Snake ft.
AlunaGeorge
[+] Spoiler
Some Guy Probably: A thing he said? Character Theme: Flyers-Bradio
Alex Darby: Let's weigh what everyone brings to the table, and find a suitable compromise. It's in your best interest. Character theme: Devil's Gift-Shaman's Harvest
[+] Spoiler
Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

dmboogie
Winner

April 6th, 2017, 4:40 am #966

Empress Plush wrote:Boogie is by far the scummiest person left in the game. By virtue of elimination, Goose is his partner.

I really feel strong about a Boogie lynch at this point and I don't know how much else we can learn. Flare, Brackie, is there anything you're wanting to hear here on the end of Boogie? Otherwise I feel like we've sussed this out.
sooooo you're saying that we don't much more to gain from discussion, that things are figured out, and that i'm a clear lynch?

either you are very understandably misguided town (i am wordshitter lmao) or you're scum trying to bait flare (who is also suspicious because lamo wordshit) into voting for me so you can get the one-two-punch-lynch-burn-me-alive-until-the-seagulls-cry-combo
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
V6

V5

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Daniel Whitten

By Violent-Medic

Michael Mitchellson

By Violent-Medic

By Mimi

Alice Gilman

By TurtleTyrant

dmboogie
Winner

April 6th, 2017, 4:42 am #967

i might be severely misreading your attempt, making it appear that i am making your words more severe than they are in order to build suspicion but

it looks like you're kinda doing what you called me out for, just without the vote

which i guess is better?????
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
V6

V5

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Daniel Whitten

By Violent-Medic

Michael Mitchellson

By Violent-Medic

By Mimi

Alice Gilman

By TurtleTyrant

Emprexx Plush
Mr. Danya

April 6th, 2017, 4:43 am #968

I'm legitimately trying to figure out what we gain from listening to you, Boogs. You've said yourself that you're not moving from Brackie today. You think that's the best move and you won't let anyone else convince you otherwise. I don't cop to that, Flare doesn't seem to either, and Brackie's probably not going to agree to his own lynch. So lay it out for me. What's to gain by listening to more of your plan? Shit me some words there home slice.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
[+] Spoiler
B062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
[+] Spoiler
Your turn.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
Isaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars

NPCs:
[+] Spoiler
Helena 'Hel" Fury: Okay, but riddle me this: where in the rulebook does it say it's not a series of automatic critical hits if I Flurry of Blows an ogre's nutsack like a speedbag? Bad Liar-Selena Gomez
Damian Riccardo Maradona Reyes: I'll go all day, all week, all year if I gotta, big guy. Just try and stop me. Years Of War-Porter Robinson
Barbara "Babs" Mulaney: One. Deux. Tres. Vier. Fem. Yug. Haft. Aath. Dyev-yat. Dez. Might Tell You Tonight-Scissor Sisters
Zyzzx Rigs: Last of the first, folks. Light me up.You Know You Like It - DJ Snake ft.
AlunaGeorge
[+] Spoiler
Alex Darby: Let's weigh what everyone brings to the table, and find a suitable compromise. It's in your best interest. Character theme: Devil's Gift-Shaman's Harvest
[+] Spoiler
Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

Brackie
Winner

April 6th, 2017, 4:45 am #969

I understand where boogie's coming from even though I don't like it or, obviously, agree with it. He vibes to me more as a townie making a bunch of mistakes than scum, though, so I'm not going to immediately pursue that even though he's obviously pursuing me. That single vote on me is a little alarming though, given that puts me 33% towards a lynch.

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
v4
Brendan Wallace is a coward.
Clio Gabriella wanted to go home.
Paige Strand needed to run.
Jacob Charles had to put back his pieces.
Aston Bennett was better than you.
Ma'afu Tuigamala made the ultimate mistake.
[+] Spoiler
v5
Janie Sinneave wanted to ride in the clouds.
[+] Spoiler
v6
Maxim Kehlenbrink did nothing wrong.
[+] Spoiler
Ezra Landau - "Pretty sure the point of life is to indulge and be pretty." - Philosophy
Hayden Lockwood - "Come to the march this Saturday and I'll show you a good time." - Pride
Allegra Varley - "Bet you I can jump from here to that boat." - Risk
Truann Coleman - "Please stop saying that." - Rage
Anya Van Doren - "Dunno why I did it. Dunno why it's your business." - Duplicity

dmboogie
Winner

April 6th, 2017, 4:45 am #970

haaaaaaaa ive backed myself into a wonderful fukken corner here havent i
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
V6

V5

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Daniel Whitten

By Violent-Medic

Michael Mitchellson

By Violent-Medic

By Mimi

Alice Gilman

By TurtleTyrant

Emprexx Plush
Mr. Danya

April 6th, 2017, 4:47 am #971

When you throw down a gauntlet of "I know I'm right so no one else will convince me otherwise" and the course you choose is one that the majority doesn't agree with...well, what're we gonna do here? What's the endgame to chatting this out some more? Your plan hinges entirely on you being town, and there's no way we can confirm this.

I also don't think we're gonna get anything else from grilling goose. He's gonna give the same response he always does: "This is what I always do."

There's a difference between saying "if you assume I'm town this is the right course of action, so here's a vote that I'm 100% sure of because I know I have a town PM, sheep me pls" and "hey, here's a bunch of scummy behavior from someone who has already made it clear they won't change their minds. Are we good?" Especially because I'm not throwing down a vote here in case Flare and Brackie *do* have some kinda town game plan we wanna address.

Also gonna point out nowhere in my posts has there been any call to vote for you, just call to talk about the possibility that you're scum and whether we can learn anything else.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
B062, Garrett Wilde
[+] Spoiler
Your turn.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

NPCs:
[+] Spoiler
AlunaGeorge
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Emprexx Plush
Mr. Danya

April 6th, 2017, 4:48 am #972

dmboogie wrote:haaaaaaaa ive backed myself into a wonderful fukken corner here havent i
Lil' bit, yeah!
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
B062, Garrett Wilde
[+] Spoiler
Your turn.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

NPCs:
[+] Spoiler
AlunaGeorge
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

dmboogie
Winner

April 6th, 2017, 4:52 am #973

realtalk i dont think i could have been a better scum player throughout this entire game if i had been trying to scum

being involved in five town lynches and directly just shooting one town voices in the fukken face, lmao holy shit

im not trying to go "hey self deprecating humor to put y'all off balance from my scummy ways" or any shit i just think this is legit hilarious

i can feel the ghosts of the dead-end tea party swarming me like golden butterflies and kinda flying into my eyes and nose and making life generally unpleasant, sorry guys
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
V6

V5

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Daniel Whitten

By Violent-Medic

Michael Mitchellson

By Violent-Medic

By Mimi

Alice Gilman

By TurtleTyrant

Emprexx Plush
Mr. Danya

April 6th, 2017, 4:53 am #974

Brackie wrote:I understand where boogie's coming from even though I don't like it or, obviously, agree with it. He vibes to me more as a townie making a bunch of mistakes than scum, though, so I'm not going to immediately pursue that even though he's obviously pursuing me. That single vote on me is a little alarming though, given that puts me 33% towards a lynch.
Big problem here: if boogie's town, then who is scum? Boogie's cleared Flare and there's no Godfather role. You know you're town, presumably, and you cleared me, so you know I'm town. If Boogie is also town, then that just leaves Goose, and there's no way we only have one scum member left, that would be ludicrous. I get that you're a cautious player and I think in general that's served you pretty well this game, but just look at the numbers here and I think it's pretty clear a scenario where you're town and Boogie is too is impossible.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
B062, Garrett Wilde
[+] Spoiler
Your turn.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

NPCs:
[+] Spoiler
AlunaGeorge
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

dmboogie
Winner

April 6th, 2017, 4:56 am #975

at least this game has allowed me to learn that my mafia playstyle is secretly "lurk until you get until the near end where it's real easy to keep track of everything and then flip the absolute fuck out", i just generally dont live to see that point
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
V6

V5

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Daniel Whitten

By Violent-Medic

Michael Mitchellson

By Violent-Medic

By Mimi

Alice Gilman

By TurtleTyrant