Brackie
Winner

April 6th, 2017, 2:09 pm #21

Could not have won that without Paige <3 For real I crumple under pressure like an origami swan (although I never have actually been lynched as Mafia before) and I could never in a million years have outlogic'd my way out of zetsu tracking my Mafia kill. The benefit of all the strong pro-town voices being dead by Day 3 I guess~

[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
v4
Brendan Wallace is a coward.
Clio Gabriella wanted to go home.
Paige Strand needed to run.
Jacob Charles had to put back his pieces.
Aston Bennett was better than you.
Ma'afu Tuigamala made the ultimate mistake.
[+] spoiler
v5
Janie Sinneave wanted to ride in the clouds.
[+] spoiler
v6
Maxim Kehlenbrink did nothing wrong.
[+] spoiler
Ezra Landau - "Pretty sure the point of life is to indulge and be pretty." - Philosophy
Hayden Lockwood - "Come to the march this Saturday and I'll show you a good time." - Pride
Allegra Varley - "Bet you I can jump from here to that boat." - Risk
Truann Coleman - "Please stop saying that." - Rage
Anya Van Doren - "Dunno why I did it. Dunno why it's your business." - Duplicity

General Goose
Winner

April 6th, 2017, 2:50 pm #22

I read through the thread before the flip - tbh my scumdar went crazy when Paige went "oh, no point in asking Goose any further questions at all" when there'd be no attempt. Struck me as an attempt to narrow the conversation and seal the deal quickly.

I WAS RIGHT
V7 peeps:
Nick Ogilvie
Ashlynn Martinek
Bill Winlock
Camille Bellegarde

V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd

Emprexx Plush
Mr. Danya

April 6th, 2017, 2:58 pm #23

General Goose wrote:I read through the thread before the flip - tbh my scumdar went crazy when Paige went "oh, no point in asking Goose any further questions at all" when there'd be no attempt. Struck me as an attempt to narrow the conversation and seal the deal quickly.

I WAS RIGHT
Don't even front that I wasn't 100% correct you salty sausage ;P
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
G056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
[+] spoiler
B062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
[+] spoiler
B014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
Isaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars

NPCs:
Jacob Brooks: ... Character Theme: 1812 Overture-Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
[+] spoiler
Blaise d'Aramitz: Blonde Hair, Black Lungs-Sorority Noise
Helena 'Hel" Fury: Okay, but riddle me this: where in the rulebook does it say it's not a series of automatic critical hits if I Flurry of Blows an ogre's nutsack like a speedbag? Bad Liar-Selena Gomez
Jeremiah Widdlestone: NOT--FOR--YOU 911/Mr. Lonely-Tyler The Creator
Damian Riccardo Maradona Reyes: I'll go all day, all week, all year if I gotta, big guy. Just try and stop me. Years Of War-Porter Robinson
Barbara "Babs" Mulaney: One. Deux. Tres. Vier. Fem. Yug. Haft. Aath. Dyev-yat. Dez. Might Tell You Tonight-Scissor Sisters
Zyzzx Rigs: Last of the first, folks. Light me up.You Know You Like It - DJ Snake ft.
AlunaGeorge
[+] spoiler
Some Guy Probably: A thing he said? Character Theme: Flyers-Bradio
Alex Darby: Let's weigh what everyone brings to the table, and find a suitable compromise. It's in your best interest. Character theme: Devil's Gift-Shaman's Harvest
[+] spoiler
Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

General Goose
Winner

April 6th, 2017, 3:11 pm #24

I would have legitimately answered further questions, just that I was asleep >_>
V7 peeps:
Nick Ogilvie
Ashlynn Martinek
Bill Winlock
Camille Bellegarde

V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd

dmboogie
Winner

April 6th, 2017, 4:49 pm #25

Empress Plush wrote:Also yeah, I legit just forgot that doctors can't self-target because idk some bullshit >.>
and this is why i was bamboozled
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
Asha Sur: GIRL 018, armed with a TASER. "Let's all embrace nihilism and be nice!"
Cass Prince: HUMAN 001, armed with a MOP. "It's all falling apart, isn't it? We're unravelling."
[+] spoiler
V6
Harold Porter: BOY 034, armed with a COFFEE POT. "Hey - none of this... none of this is your fault, alright?" Messed up. Plain and simple.

V5
Daniel Whitten: BOY 074, armed with an INDIANA JONES REPLICA WHIP. "Oh, hey, sorry. Didn't think there was anyone else-" Died early.
Alice Gilman: GIRL 064, armed with a ROTATO. "Just... Just wanted you to drop the gun. Thought you were gonna shoot." Died stupidly.
Michael Mitchellson:BOY 019, armed with a FUCKING AUTOMATIC SHOTGUN. Died a failure.

[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
Daniel Whitten

By Violent-Medic

Michael Mitchellson

By Violent-Medic

By Mimi

Alice Gilman

By TurtleTyrant

MurderWeasel
MW's Private Rank

April 6th, 2017, 5:14 pm #26

Loved the setup, and very well-played by scum. Was especially impressed by Paige's early play (though for the record...) Think I could've been mildly useful had I gotten to share thoughts before getting dayvigged, but realistically a. was 95% gonna go down at that stage and b. wasn't gonna be super active due to external factors.

I think the big take-away for Town from this one is to pay more attention to rules/setup info, because scum should've 100% been dead to rights after the doctor slip, but Town trusted their suspicions over mod-confirmed rules. >< That said, that would've been far less likely without some very fast talking on the part of scum.

Oh, and be active! Inactive first tests hurt my soul.

When a bit more awake, I'll get into the balance some, but the short of it is that I was quite impressed; I at first thought the game was pretty scum-slanted but upon seeing the whole setup I find it very admirably balanced, and both sides had numerous opportunities to spin it to their advantage and turn it into a win.

Flare
Contender

April 6th, 2017, 5:39 pm #27

Some thoughts/explanations:

- My thought process throughout the game was along the lines of "Oh, scum probably isn't killing me because they think I'll slip up and get scumread late game" given my track record. Didn't really stop to consider the fact that Doc was stringing me along the whole time.

- This explains why Doc didn't dance with me.

- "bar special circumstances" is the phrase that made me think EP could totally be telling the truth.

- I don't really get how me revealing as Jailkeeper would've helped all that much? Sure, it would have offered an alternate explanation for why no one died that night, but I KNEW EP had a doctor role - I was the one who gave it away, after all. Would've been super easy for Doc to just fire back "Yeah, we both protected the same person, good stuff." No real huge points against them, and I would've painted a target on by back by revealing my power role.
VysePresident wrote:#5: Flare - 8 (Bid - Jailkeeper <> 1xBookie) (Success - Jailkeeper)
#6: Doc - 10 (Bid - Jailkeeper <> 1xBookie) (Fails)
- get rekt scum

That's all I can think of off the top of my head for now, but I'm sure I'll be dwelling on it more later anyhow.
V5 Characters:

Jack McDonald is a SELF-INSERT YAY.

Emprexx Plush
Mr. Danya

April 6th, 2017, 5:47 pm #28

I was asleeps for the dancing Flare, I danced in my soul tho
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
G056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
[+] spoiler
B062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
[+] spoiler
B014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
Isaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars

NPCs:
Jacob Brooks: ... Character Theme: 1812 Overture-Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
[+] spoiler
Blaise d'Aramitz: Blonde Hair, Black Lungs-Sorority Noise
Helena 'Hel" Fury: Okay, but riddle me this: where in the rulebook does it say it's not a series of automatic critical hits if I Flurry of Blows an ogre's nutsack like a speedbag? Bad Liar-Selena Gomez
Jeremiah Widdlestone: NOT--FOR--YOU 911/Mr. Lonely-Tyler The Creator
Damian Riccardo Maradona Reyes: I'll go all day, all week, all year if I gotta, big guy. Just try and stop me. Years Of War-Porter Robinson
Barbara "Babs" Mulaney: One. Deux. Tres. Vier. Fem. Yug. Haft. Aath. Dyev-yat. Dez. Might Tell You Tonight-Scissor Sisters
Zyzzx Rigs: Last of the first, folks. Light me up.You Know You Like It - DJ Snake ft.
AlunaGeorge
[+] spoiler
Some Guy Probably: A thing he said? Character Theme: Flyers-Bradio
Alex Darby: Let's weigh what everyone brings to the table, and find a suitable compromise. It's in your best interest. Character theme: Devil's Gift-Shaman's Harvest
[+] spoiler
Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

Zetsumodernista
Contender

April 6th, 2017, 7:02 pm #29

I dunno, Paige, day 4 felt pretty reality-warping. For instance, I was obviously the one on crazy pills that day.
dear god dear god tinkle tinkle hoy

G056: Asuka Takahara: The one who can out-pretentious them all.
- Memories: 1
- Pregame: 1
- V6: 1-2

VysePresident
Mr. Danya

April 6th, 2017, 7:51 pm #30

Flare wrote:Some thoughts/explanations:

- My thought process throughout the game was along the lines of "Oh, scum probably isn't killing me because they think I'll slip up and get scumread late game" given my track record. Didn't really stop to consider the fact that Doc was stringing me along the whole time.

- This explains why Doc didn't dance with me.

- "bar special circumstances" is the phrase that made me think EP could totally be telling the truth.

- I don't really get how me revealing as Jailkeeper would've helped all that much? Sure, it would have offered an alternate explanation for why no one died that night, but I KNEW EP had a doctor role - I was the one who gave it away, after all. Would've been super easy for Doc to just fire back "Yeah, we both protected the same person, good stuff." No real huge points against them, and I would've painted a target on by back by revealing my power role.
VysePresident wrote:#5: Flare - 8 (Bid - Jailkeeper <> 1xBookie) (Success - Jailkeeper)
#6: Doc - 10 (Bid - Jailkeeper <> 1xBookie) (Fails)
- get rekt scum

That's all I can think of off the top of my head for now, but I'm sure I'll be dwelling on it more later anyhow.
Just curious, since this was something that stood out for me - why did you assume Doc had chosen the Doctor? I had deliberately made it such that people had no confirmation, and Doc could just as easily have stolen another role.

My thought was that it didn't absolutely prove Doc was scum (Like it did when Doc admitted to two actions, plus context.) but it did give you extra information that Doc could have been bluffing.

Dunno, I sorta see where it fell apart now. Just curious about the detail.

Also yeah, that role list was amusing in so many ways.
Constructive criticism is always welcome! Feel free to send me a PM if you have any pointers or feedback you'd like to share!
Character #1: Boy #37 Ian Williams - Now with 55% less self-insert.
Designated Weapon: Polaroid Instant Camera With Film (Enough for 8 photographs)

Past - | 1 | 2 | (Current thread - Birds of a Feather)
Pregame - None
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (Final Thread - Glass
)
Character #2: Boy #66 Chase Rodriguez - Adopted from Pippin.
Designated Weapon: Silver Pill Box Containing Three Cyanide Capsules

Past - None
Pregame - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (Last seen in - Diversions)
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (Final Thread - Drawing to an End)