An AU Survival of the Fittest RP

landlocked
Leader

December 18th, 2008, 1:22 am #1

Well, if there aren’t any major problems with the system, then I’ll post the full rules – please read through them before sending me your profiles. Again, if you have any big problems with the way the game works, let me know and I’ll try to make things more fair, although keep in mind that I envision it being pretty fast-paced compared to the regular SOTF game so that we can fit more than one games in before v4. Other than that, I guess the only way to fix any flaws in the game system is to actually try it out, so… let’s freaking get to it!

CHARACTER PROFILES
Since these characters are generally going to be dying much more quickly than they would in the real game, I don’t expect you to go into extreme detail with your characters’ profiles. If you really want to write an epic-length novel for your character’s biography, I won’t stop you, but I’m not going to be picky about length.

That being said, I’d prefer it if you also tried to keep your characters as ordinary as possible. I make no claims to being any kind of supreme judge of what makes a good character or not, and I don’t intend on being especially picky with what kinds of characters I approve or deny, but there are a couple of things that I’ll politely ask you to change if they should come up. Please don’t make any characters that have a history of murder. Please don’t make a character with an encyclopedic knowledge on weaponry of all kind. Please don’t make a character that is completely psychotic and wants nothing more than to kill all of his classmates before he even gets captured. Keep it realistic. Make a believable high school student. Ask yourself if you know anyone in high school like your character before you PM me your profile, please.

Anyway, now that that’s all been said, here’s the ol’ profile template:

Name: (Kind of important)
Grade: (Junior year, please.)
School: (Please make all characters students of Hillsborough High, located in Washington. Since this game will be pretty small, I figure all of these students will be from one class, going on a field trip, so please also keep in mind that your characters will all know each other, even vaguely.)
Appearance:
Bio:

APPROVED CHARACTERS FOR ROUND 1

Sam Huxley (dmboogie's character)

THE DEATHS
Weapon distribution and deaths will work in just about the same way they do in the regular SOTF game - randomly. I will write up a list of weapons and determine which character gets which weapons through dice rolls. Though I don’t plan on including any joke weapons this time around so that every character has the potential to kill, some of the weapons will be stronger than others – please don’t complain about which weapon your character ends up with, because it’s as impartial as I can make it. As far as actual deaths go, after a week into gameplay, there will be one death per week until only one character is remaining. Which character dies next will also be determined by dice rolls, done at the beginning of the week. If your character is rolled to die, you must finish writing his or her death before the next dice roll at the beginning of the next week.

Like in the regular game, death rights belong completely to the character-to-die’s handler. You ultimately decide how your character dies. If you want to collaborate with other handlers to write a big death scene, go ahead. If you don’t want anybody to kill your character, you can write a suicide scene instead. However, your character must be dead by the end of the week – if they aren’t, I will take control of your character and detonate their collar. Similarly, if you do not post with your character even if they aren’t slated to die, at least once before the next dice roll, I will also detonate your character’s collar.

AWARDS AND REDO CARDS
I realize that this is a bit unfair to the character that gets rolled first, which is why I’ve included the week of gameplay before dice rolls start, as well as Redo cards, which will be this game’s answer to Swap, Null or Hero cards. Instead of a Best Kill or Best Death award, before each death roll will be a Favorite Character award – every player will PM me with their vote, and the winner gets a Redo card. If your character is rolled while you have a Redo card, the dice is rolled again, simple as that. A handler isn’t allowed to have more than one Redo card at once, and anyone that has participated in the game, whether their characters are dead or alive get to vote. In fact, if your character has died, your vote counts double.

However, a Redo card doesn’t necessarily completely protect your character from death. For example, if your character was rolled twice in a row, they would be put on the chopping block despite having a Redo card. Things also get tricky if more than one character owns a Redo card. Suppose Billy, Sarah and Chris are all characters in the game and all three possess Redo cards. Billy is rolled first, the dice is re-rolled, Sarah is rolled next, the dice is rolled again, Chris is rolled third, the dice is rolled AGAIN, and Billy is rolled again. Not only does this mean that Billy dies despite having a Redo card, but Sarah and Chris also lose their respective Redo cards as well, because they were rolled.

Basically, the idea of a Redo card is to reward good writing, but not so much that it makes the game too unbalanced.

THE CAMP
Given that this version of the game is going to be smaller scale, instead of taking place on an island, will take place in an enclosed camp in an unknown location that used to house prisoners of war. Since I don’t exactly know how many people are going to participate yet, I’m not going to draw an actual map of it, but I can tell you this: it’s surrounded by a twelve-foot-high barbed wire fence, and your characters are outfitted with collars that can easily be detonated, so don’t think that just because you’re not surrounded by water that means that escape will be any easier

The camp will have several large buildings originally used for housing the prisoners – these will have one large room full of bunk beds, as well as bathrooms, which contain sinks, toilets and showers. How many of these buildings there will be I haven’t decided – depends on how many people play, I suppose.

On one end of the camp is a large mess hall, with a long room containing many circular tables. At the center is the lunch line, and a door and window into the kitchen, containing the stoves, fridges, counters, etc. Finally, in the back of the kitchen is a large, walk-in freezer – this is mostly used for storing meat.

There is also a smaller building where the camp’s overseer used to live. At the front is an office containing a single large desk, and connected to the back of the room is a small bedroom, containing all the things you’d expect to find in a normal bedroom – small desk, bed, armoire, mini-fridge, that kind of thing.

This camp has been recently abandoned, and so most of the appliances, plumbing and electricity are still functional.

I know this description isn’t very specific – like I said before, once I have a better idea of how many people will be playing, I’ll draw up an actual map for the camp. I’m also not sure if this RP is going to span more than one thread or not – once again, it’s a matter of how many people join. If there’s a huge amount of people, one thread would be a giant clusterfuck, and I’ll make another one. Therefore, PM me your profiles and we can find out!
"Standing there in the middle between life and death gave me a delirious, almost evil sense of joy." --Max Beckmann

Tythanin
Leader

December 18th, 2008, 2:50 am #2

Like I said in Chatzy, I'm in. Sounds fine with me, so I have no objections to pretty much anything here.
"Oh god dammit, I lost my sense of humor around here. Someone help me find it."

---

Approved V5 Pre-Game Characters:

Faria Young - Generals of Elysium (The Waterfront)
Annabelle Summers - Where Is My Muse? (Lunch Room)

"And who the hell came up with this play?! "Romeo and Juliet and Hamlet" ...Dude, THEY ALL DIE!"

Cosmosphere - Now Serving as a Crappy Writing Blog

nope
Winner

December 18th, 2008, 2:56 am #3

Eh. I'd personally rater save the SOTFing for SOTF, but it seems like a good way to pass the time until pregame. I probably won't participate but it's a decent idea C:

Ares
Winner

December 18th, 2008, 7:00 am #4

IMO, super hero RP!

"It's me, Run Away From Danger Man...oh shit!!!"

*runs*
Is in...

dmboogie
Winner

December 19th, 2008, 12:41 am #5

I'd join.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Asha Sur: GIRL 018, armed with a TASER. "Let's all embrace nihilism and be nice!"
Cass Prince: HUMAN 001, armed with a MOP. "It's all falling apart, isn't it? We're unravelling."
[+] Spoiler
V6
Harold Porter: BOY 034, armed with a COFFEE POT. "Hey - none of this... none of this is your fault, alright?" Messed up. Plain and simple.

V5
Daniel Whitten: BOY 074, armed with an INDIANA JONES REPLICA WHIP. "Oh, hey, sorry. Didn't think there was anyone else-" Died early.
Alice Gilman: GIRL 064, armed with a ROTATO. "Just... Just wanted you to drop the gun. Thought you were gonna shoot." Died stupidly.
Michael Mitchellson:BOY 019, armed with a FUCKING AUTOMATIC SHOTGUN. Died a failure.

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Daniel Whitten

By Violent-Medic

Michael Mitchellson

By Violent-Medic

By Mimi

Alice Gilman

By TurtleTyrant

landlocked
Leader

December 19th, 2008, 10:30 pm #6

Well, I guess if nobody has any objections to what I've written up, I'll post the full rules I've got written up and y'all can start PMing me your profiles.
"Standing there in the middle between life and death gave me a delirious, almost evil sense of joy." --Max Beckmann

chitoryu12
Leader

January 1st, 2009, 5:52 am #7

I think I'll join. As a question, can you use characters you're planning on in v4? Because I've already got a character written up for v4, and this could be a good "test run" of sorts to see how I do with an RP.
Characters for v4

Christopher Carlson: B052
Weapons: Brass knuckles

Jake Crimson: B084 (Adopted)
Weapons: Cinderblock

Characters for v5

Clayton Leven: B050
Weapons: Handcuffs
[+] Spoiler
18:38 GeneralGoose yep. having sex with trees is SOOOO me
20:36 Ella I have had several threesomes with teddy bears
13:41 Ruggadance THIS IS DIFFERENT AMPUTEE SEX
21:09 Bake I'll nom her.
13:16 Ruggasexy I SAW THE SEXY STRIPPER PICTURES BEFORE I KNEW OUR ROOM WAS FULL OF SEX TOYS AND LINGERIE
22:53 Ruggadressed You've got to be like Brosidon, king of the brocean
11 GeneralGoose [516] [1288] [267] 2086 Geno, remember when I told you sleep was a capitalist scam?
24 Crash [165] [697] 873 wild, unbridled, rampaging weasel lust
00:07 BetaKnight open wounds and fecal matter is a no-no

Darkling Perhaps
Survivor

January 1st, 2009, 8:43 pm #8

Hm, this sounds neat. I'll join.
Hungry?

I brought leftovers...

Mark Tavarian - A rotting corpse at the Sea Cliffs