Almost Over V4 PLASTIC HAMMERS

MurderWeasel
MW's Private Rank

November 1st, 2011, 9:50 pm #1

Well, it's that time again: Plastic Hammer time! As always, we'd love it if you filled out these forms as completely as possible, and at as great length as you like. We've edited the Hammers a bit, including a section to talk about your own writing (if you were in V4; if not, feel free to ignore it or put whatever else you want there. Some of the questions there are also not writer-specific).

So, yeah, have at. Links are appreciated, but not required. Have fun, everyone! You know the drill. Code is spoilered at the bottom.

The Basics

Handler Name:

Your Trademark Character:

Current Status of Trademark Character:

Favourite Character:

Favourite Weapon:

Favourite Scene:

Favourite Death:

Favourite Quote:

Favourite Thread:

Favourite Post:

Favourite Location:

The Plastic Hammer Awards!

Most Evolutionary Character: Which character has come the farthest in terms of inner change and development?

Most Revolutionary Character: Character whom you think has drastically changed the course of the game at any point.

Most Unorthodox/Original Character: Any character that strikes you as highly original or out of the ordinary.

Most Realistically-Portrayed Character: A character who you feel that you can imagine existing in real life.

Most Heroic Character: Any character that prominently stands out for his/her good intentions and his actions based on them.

Most Villainous Character: Any character known for his/her not-so-good/honorable actions and intentions.

Most Tragic Character: A character who's actions, past, or circumstances can be considered tragic and unfortunate.

Most Humorous Character: Which character made you laugh the most?

More Characterization

Which character did you relate to the most?

Which character did you feel the most for?

Which character do you feel 'played the game' the best?

Which character do you think had it the worst?

Which character would you be willing to kill yourself?

Which character do you think should NOT have died?

Which character do you think deserves to die? Or for the characters already dead, which character do you think totally had it coming?

The Drama Category

Most Tragic Scene: Which scene made you the most teary eyed?

Most Disturbing/Gory Scene: Which scene made you want to puke the most?

Most Pivotal Scene/Event: Which scene do you think played a huge role in the changing the course of the game?

Most Humourous Scene: Which scene served as the best comic relief?

Most Action-packed Scene: Which scene had the most action going on?

Most Emotionally Moving Scene: Which scene induced some kind of emotion in you the most effectively?

Most Drama-filled Scene: Which scene had you on the edge of your seat in the way of conflict, suspense, and drama?

Most Unexpected Scene: There are always these unexpected turn of events that you could not have seen coming from a mile a way.

Death, Death, and More Death

Most Tragic Death: Which death brought the most tears to your eyes?

Most Violent Death: Which death do you think brought out the most gore/pain/blood/guts/etc.?

Most Disturbing Death: Which death scarred/traumatized/made you want to puke the most?

Most Unexpected Death: Which death struck you the most as totally coming out of the blue?

Most Original/Unorthodox Death: There are a million ways to skin a cat, and occasionally, you'll get a method that is just...totally...out there. Which one do you think fits the bill?

Most Humorous Death: If you find such a morbid matter so amusing.

Predictions and Disillusionment

There's five people left - who are you counting on to be the overall winner of SOTFv4?

How do you predict the ending of SOTFv4 is going to turn out?

If you could change ANYTHING that has happened thus far, what would you change?

How do you think V5 will differ from V4? Other than obvious factors (different characters, different backstory, different island, different events, new rules)

Your thoughts on SOTFv4(and beyond...)

How much did you enjoy/not enjoy SOTFv4?

What do you like the most about SOTFv4?

What do you think could have been better about SOTFv4?

How would you compare SOTF to the original BR?

How do you feel about the upcoming ENDING of SOTF V4?

Do you think V5 will be any more or less enjoyable than V4/V3/V2/V1, or the same?

What do you think of the overall 'SOTF' story?

How do you feel about v5?

Talk About Yourself

What has been your favorite thing to write in v4?

Which of your v4 characters was your favorite to write?

Which was your favorite thread to participate in?

What are you proudest of in v4?

What do you wish you could improve?

What is your favorite OOC memory of v4?

What is your favorite v4 memory overall?

What else would you like to share? Anything goes!
[+] Spoiler

Code: Select all

[u][b]The Basics[/b][/u]

[b]Handler Name:[/b]

[b]Your Trademark Character:[/b]

[b]Current Status of Trademark Character: [/b]

[b]Favourite Character: [/b]

[b]Favourite Weapon:[/b]

[b]Favourite Scene:[/b]

[b]Favourite Death:[/b]

[b]Favourite Quote:[/b]

[b]Favourite Thread:[/b]

[b]Favourite Post:[/b]

[b]Favourite Location:[/b]

[u][b]The Plastic Hammer Awards![/b][/u]

[b]Most Evolutionary Character: [/b]Which character has come the farthest in terms of inner change and development?

[b]Most Revolutionary Character: [/b]Character whom you think has drastically changed the course of the game at any point.

[b]Most Unorthodox/Original Character:[/b] Any character that strikes you as highly original or out of the ordinary.

[b]Most Realistically-Portrayed Character: [/b]A character who you feel that you can imagine existing in real life.

[b]Most Heroic Character: [/b]Any character that prominently stands out for his/her good intentions and his actions based on them.

[b]Most Villainous Character: [/b]Any character known for his/her not-so-good/honorable actions and intentions.

[b]Most Tragic Character: [/b]A character who's actions, past, or circumstances can be considered tragic and unfortunate.

[b]Most Humorous Character: [/b]Which character made you laugh the most?

[u][b]More Characterization[/b][/u]

[b]Which character did you relate to the most?[/b]

[b]Which character did you feel the most for?[/b]

[b]Which character do you feel 'played the game' the best?[/b]

[b]Which character do you think had it the worst?[/b]

[b]Which character would you be willing to kill yourself?[/b]

[b]Which character do you think should NOT have died? [/b]

[b]Which character do you think deserves to die? Or for the characters already dead, which character do you think totally had it coming?[/b]

[u][b]The Drama Category[/b][/u]

[b]Most Tragic Scene:[/b] Which scene made you the most teary eyed?

[b]Most Disturbing/Gory Scene: [/b]Which scene made you want to puke the most?

[b]Most Pivotal Scene/Event: [/b]Which scene do you think played a huge role in the changing the course of the game?

[b]Most Humourous Scene: [/b]Which scene served as the best comic relief?

[b]Most Action-packed Scene: [/b]Which scene had the most action going on?

[b]Most Emotionally Moving Scene: [/b]Which scene induced some kind of emotion in you the most effectively?

[b]Most Drama-filled Scene: [/b]Which scene had you on the edge of your seat in the way of conflict, suspense, and drama?

[b]Most Unexpected Scene: [/b]There are always these unexpected turn of events that you could not have seen coming from a mile a way.

[u][b]Death, Death, and More Death[/b][/u]

[b]Most Tragic Death: [/b]Which death brought the most tears to your eyes?

[b]Most Violent Death: [/b]Which death do you think brought out the most gore/pain/blood/guts/etc.?

[b]Most Disturbing Death: [/b]Which death scarred/traumatized/made you want to puke the most?

[b]Most Unexpected Death: [/b]Which death struck you the most as totally coming out of the blue?

[b]Most Original/Unorthodox Death:[/b] There are a million ways to skin a cat, and occasionally, you'll get a method that is just...totally...out there. Which one do you think fits the bill?

[b]Most Humorous Death:[/b] If you find such a morbid matter so amusing. 

[u][b]Predictions and Disillusionment[/b][/u]

[b]There's five people left - who are you counting on to be the overall winner of SOTFv4?[/b]

[b]How do you predict the ending of SOTFv4 is going to turn out?[/b]

[b]If you could change ANYTHING that has happened thus far, what would you change?[/b]

[b]How do you think V5 will differ from V4? [/b]Other than obvious factors (different characters, different backstory, different island, different events, new rules)

[u][b]Your thoughts on SOTFv4(and beyond...)[/b] [/u]

[b]How much did you enjoy/not enjoy SOTFv4?[/b]

[b]What do you like the most about SOTFv4?[/b]

[b]What do you think could have been better about SOTFv4?[/b]

[b]How would you compare SOTF to the original BR?[/b]

[b]How do you feel about the upcoming ENDING of SOTF V4?[/b]

[b]Do you think V5 will be any more or less enjoyable than V4/V3/V2/V1, or the same?[/b]

[b]What do you think of the overall 'SOTF' story?[/b]

[b]How do you feel about v5? [/b]

[big][u][b]Talk About Yourself[/b][/u][/big]

[b]What has been your favorite thing to write in v4?[/b]

[b]Which of your v4 characters was your favorite to write?[/b]

[b]Which was your favorite thread to participate in?[/b]

[b]What are you proudest of in v4?[/b]

[b]What do you wish you could improve?[/b]

[b]What is your favorite OOC memory of v4?[/b]

[b]What is your favorite v4 memory overall?[/b]

[b]What else would you like to share? Anything goes![/b]

Nadir
Cannon Fodder

November 1st, 2011, 10:48 pm #2

The Basics

Handler Name: Nadir.

Your Trademark Character: Steven Hunt.

Current Status of Trademark Character: Dead (accidentally shot in the leg by Brendan Wallace and then bled to death).

Favourite Character: Hard to pick, I like them all too much... but if I had to choose one, it would be Kimberly Nguyen.

Favourite Weapon: Kris Haartman´s grenade launcher.

Favourite Scene: The Eighth Announcement, all the way.

Favourite Death: Mirabelle Nesa. Lived like a warrior, died like a hero.

Favourite Quote: "YOU WIN THIS TIME, GRAVITYYYYYY-"

Favourite Thread: "The Gully".

Favourite Post: I cannot choose, there are too many of them.

Favourite Location: The Docks.

Most Evolutionary Character: I think that would be Reiko Ishida. She really has come a long way since the game started.

Most Revolutionary Character: Liz Ponlanski, obviously.

Most Unorthodox/Original Character: Kimberly Nguyen.

Most Realistically-Portrayed Character: Thanks to the realistic writing of V4, I can imagine most of it characters existing in real life. However, I think that Brendan Wallace can easily exist in real life.

Most Heroic Character: Mirabelle Nesa, all the way.

Most Villainous Character: Maxwell Lombardi, obviously.

Most Tragic Character: Raidon Naoko.

Most Humorous Character: Richard Han.

More Characterization

Which character did you relate to the most? Brendan Wallace.

Which character did you feel the most for? Kimberly Nguyen

Which character do you feel 'played the game' the best? Hard to choose, again (many played the game for good this time!), but I guess it would be Maxwell Lombardi.

Which character do you think had it the worst? Lots of them...

Which character would you be willing to kill yourself? Ema Ryan, I guess...

Which character do you think should NOT have died? Liz Polanski

Which character do you think deserves to die? Or for the characters already dead, which character do you think totally had it coming? Maxwell Lombardi was practically asking for it.

The Drama Category

Most Tragic Scene: Sarah Altwell´s death... I know she quite deserved it, but I just couldn´t help but feel sorry for her (and for Alice and her family back at home, too).

Most Disturbing/Gory Scene: Which scene made you want to puke the most? Maxwell Lombardi´s comeuppance by Naoko Raidon (horribly scarred and disfigured, a flash grenade stuffed into his mouth, then shot several times and pushed off a cliff... granted, the bastard had it coming). Also, Vivien Morin´s castration scene... that was pure Nightmare Fuel.

Most Pivotal Scene/Event: Liz Polanski´s taking off her collar (and later, the Eighth Announcement).

Most Humourous Scene: Richard Han´s death.

Most Action-packed Scene: "The Gully", it literally had me biting my nails. There was extremely good writing from everyone involved in that scene.

Most Emotionally Moving Scene: Any scene that has a character dying while someone else is trying desperately to comfort them... which are too many.

Most Drama-filled Scene: Reiko Ishida pleading with Sarah Xu to abandon her and escape the island, which culminates in Reiko knocking Sarah unconscious so STAR can take her.

Most Unexpected Scene: Again, the Eighth Announcement (and everything that came after that). Starting to notice a pattern here?

Most Tragic Death: Orn Ayers, particularly the way Kimberly Nguyen tries to comfort him.

Most Violent Death: Maxwell Lombardi.

Most Disturbing Death: Eve Walker-Luther

Most Unexpected Death: Liz Polanski... I thought she was gonna survive. And Feo too.

Most Original/Unorthodox Death: Dave Morrison and RJ Lowe... proves that you don´t actually need yourself or anyone else to kill you... your own body can do it itself.

Most Humorous Death: I guess Richard Han, again...

There's five people left - who do you predict is gonna win? Kimberly Nguyen... if not, then Reiko Ishida. C´mon, girls, you can do it!

How do you predict the ending of SOTFv4 is going to turn out? I imagine the winner meeting with Greynolds, and then asking about Mr Danya, and then Greynolds refuses to tell him/her anything about what has transpired. Then the winner cracks up a smile, tells the terrorists he doesn´t believe their bullshit anymore, they knock him/her out and send him/her home. Oh, and the other survivors ostracize him/her and refuse to associate with him/her for being a ruthless murderer.

If you could change ANYTHING that has happened thus far, what would you change? I wouldn´t have killed off Liz Polanski or Danya... those two would have had a cool showdown between them.

How do you think V5 will differ from V4? I think it would be more realistic, it would be even more well written (most people who started RP in V4, like me, have learnt a lot about creative writing thanks to this game), and also that there will be lots of more characters to kill off. So far, it soulds like it is gonna be very interesting.

How much did you enjoy/not enjoy SOTFv4? I enjoyed it inmensely, and still do.

What do you like the most about SOTFv4? I guess the depth some characters are given compared to previous games.

What do you think could have been better about SOTFv4? I don´t think there is nothing much else to improve. Everything to me seems good.

How would you compare SOTF to the original BR? Hummm, I don´t compare SOTF to BR anymore, because both games have taken very divergent paths, and that´s one of the things I like about it.

How do you feel about the upcoming ENDING of SOTF V4? I am shivering with anticipation, my dear...

Do you think V5 will be any more or less enjoyable than V4/V3/V2/V1, or the same? I cannot say... but I think it is gonna be a laugh finding out.

What do you think of the overall 'SOTF' story? It is awesome, and it has me hooked. SOTF and Tumblr are my two Internet drugs...

How do you feel about v5? I guess I will have to wait to find out, but so far, so good...

Talk About Yourself

What has been your favorite thing to write in v4? Steven Hunt´s death, it was the first death I wrote.

Which of your v4 characters was your favorite to write? I guess Mr Hunt, again.

Which was your favorite thread to participate in? Peripatea.

What are you proudest of in v4? On dragging along Daniel Kensrue´s body across the Docks.

What do you wish you could improve? The way I wrote Steven... it was the first character I ever handled so I guess I didn´t do him any justice.

What is your favorite OOC memory of v4? Everytime I log into the chat... sometimes we have very interesting conversations down there.

What is your favorite v4 memory overall? Trying to reason with Kimberly Nguyen and calling her "the girl with shark´s eyes"

What else would you like to share? You people are all lovely and I love you all. (Blows kisses to everyone).

[+] Spoiler
SOTF-TV:
Cesar Perdomo: "Damn it! How many times do I have to say it? It?s Cesar, not Caesar! And my surname is Perdomo, not Pedormo...! Damn TV producers..."
[+] Spoiler
V5 Character Concepts:
Manuel "Manu" Mart?nez: "Are you even fucking listening to yourself?"
Daniel "Dani" Fern?ndez: "This is not very scientific. Of course, there is no actually any damned reason it should be..."
Andrea "Andre" Mart?nez: "Eh, you there! Are you the asshole who killed my boyfriend?"

Flare
Contender

November 1st, 2011, 10:57 pm #3

The Basics

Handler Name: Flare

Your Trademark Character: Jack McDonald

Current Status of Trademark Character: Still in my mind

Favourite Character: Ooh, hard one... probably Hayley Kelly.

Favourite Weapon: Any kind of explosive, really.

Favourite Scene: This Scene is About a Hat

Favourite Death: Isaiah Garvey, actually one of the first death posts I read on here.

Favourite Quote: "You know what? Maybe I am a bad person. But fuck these guys, I want to live." - Ema Ryan, Dead-End Scenario

Favourite Thread: Again, This Scene is About a Hat

Favourite Post: Ivan Kuznetsov's post after Tabi died.

Favourite Location: The Parish

Most Evolutionary Character: Tabitha Gweneth

Most Revolutionary Character: With all the in game and out game controversy surrounding him, not to mention breaking the kill count record despite only making the top 50, you can't really say no to Maxwell Lombardi.

Most Unorthodox/Original Character: There may have been (and probably were) other characters like him in the past, but I still found Jeremy Franco extremely entertaining.

Most Realistically-Portrayed Character: Jennifer Perez

Most Heroic Character: Though he didn't succeed all that much, Marty J. Lovett.

Most Villainous Character: Aaron Hughes, no doubt.

Most Tragic Character: Leila Langford

Most Humorous Character: When he wasn't being extremely menacing, Jimmy Brennan.

More Characterization

Which character did you relate to the most? Kimberly Nguyen or Bounce.

Which character did you feel the most for? Isabel Guerra

Which character do you feel 'played the game' the best? Ema Ryan, staying with a good ally and lying mainly below the radar before just slaughtering everyone near the end.

Which character do you think had it the worst? Bounce, for a lot of the reasons she explained herself.

Which character would you be willing to kill yourself? AARON HUGHES

Which character do you think should NOT have died? Dutchy, dang it! *sniffles*

Which character do you think deserves to die? Or for the characters already dead, which character do you think totally had it coming? Again, AARON HUGHES.

The Drama Category

Most Tragic Scene: Again, Dutchy.

Most Disturbing/Gory Scene: Francine Moreau and the flare gun incident.

Most Pivotal Scene/Event: House of the Rising Sun, for escapey reasons.

Most Humourous Scene: Richard Han's death

Most Action-packed Scene: Dead-End Scenario, though I guess that might just be more of a slaughtering.

Most Emotionally Moving Scene: Again, Dutchy's death.

Most Drama-filled Scene: Ema and Hayley convincing Jay to go on the boats.

Most Unexpected Scene: Talked about to death, but Reika Ishida's death was still totally out of nowhere.

Most Tragic Death: Leila Langford, just because she was so dang close.

Most Violent Death: Vivien Morin. Ouch.

Most Disturbing Death: JJ Sturn, though that might've just been because of Jimmy's mindset at the time.

Most Unexpected Death: ... Reika again.

Most Original/Unorthodox Death: Appendicitis.

Most Humorous Death: Richard Han again.

There's five people left - who are you counting on to be the overall winner of SOTFv4? Gotta go with Ivan on this one. It's close between him and Kimberly, but Ivan has the whole mourning over Tabi thing which I just love.

How do you predict the ending of SOTFv4 is going to turn out? Well, I won't go into specifics, but as for the final standings...

1st - Ivan Kuznetsov
2nd - Kimberly Nguyen
3rd - Reiko Ishida
4th - Ericka Bradley
5th - Ilario Fiametta III

If you could change ANYTHING that has happened thus far, what would you change? In game, I kind of wish that the HOTRS had gotten more attention than Liz Polanski, just because I thought that escape plan was a little better. OOC, less inactives and me never having adopted Madelyn.

How do you think V5 will differ from V4? Hopefully, as mentioned, less inactives, and overall I just hope the game runs more smoothly.

How much did you enjoy/not enjoy SOTFv4? Though I didn't get to really play in it, it was awesome to read and just interact with the community, not to mention it resparked my interest in RPing.

What do you like the most about SOTFv4? Just the thought and effort that went into everyone's characters and posts.

What do you think could have been better about SOTFv4? Again, better activity would've made the game a little more enjoyable.

How would you compare SOTF to the original BR? BETTER, just for having more focus on each character and a lot less Mary Sues (though this is coming from knowledge of the manga, which is the only one I read).

How do you feel about the upcoming ENDING of SOTF V4? SUUUUUUUUPER EXCITED.

Do you think V5 will be any more or less enjoyable than V4/V3/V2/V1, or the same? I'm gonna go ahead and say more, since this site is always moving forward.

What do you think of the overall 'SOTF' story? It's managed to string together really well and feel immersive and interesting, though I'm wondering if the feel of the game will change without Danya in it.

How do you feel about v5? Excited, and hopefully I'll be able to have Jack, Monica, and Maxi put on a good show.

Talk About Yourself

(Edited out most of this because I wasn't really in V4.)

What else would you like to share? Anything goes! Well, I think everyone on the site can write really well, and after reading your work for months on end, it'll be a joy to get to write with as many of you as I can. I can only hope that my writing won't pale in comparison to yours. See ya in V5!
V5 Characters:

Jack McDonald is a SELF-INSERT YAY.

MK Kilmarnock
Mr. Danya

November 2nd, 2011, 1:22 am #4

The Basics

Handler Name: MORGAN! KENNEDY! KILMARNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCK!!!!

Your Trademark Character: All of them.

Current Status of Trademark Character: Liam's dead and burnt to a crisp, Felicia's in the hosptial chatting with Ray, Craig smells terrible by now, and Ivan is feeling lost.

Favourite Character: Aaron Hughes and Tabitha Gweneth.

Favourite Weapon: Pancor Jackhammer

Favourite Scene: The Monsters funeral

Favourite Death: Ethan Kent's.

Favourite Quote: Y'know, it's still that line Jimmy spouts about Craig, what with the raping and the skinning and the coat wearing.

Favourite Thread: That I wasn't in? House of the Rising Sun.

Favourite Post: John's (Outfoxd) post in Monsters when Ray is mourning Anna. 'My sister...'

Favourite Location: Coastal Woods. Lots of shit happened there. The Infirmary's a close second, probably.

Most Evolutionary Character: Tabi Gweneth. Started as a scared girl who needed to be protected, died protecting the one she loved.

Most Revolutionary Character: Ethan Kent.

Most Unorthodox/Original Character: Aaron Hughes struck a chord with me because he was a sneaky variant of the player archtype. Rather than kill everybody he met, he manipulated. Pretty goddamn original to me.

Most Realistically-Portrayed Character: There were lots of these this go-round, but I wanna throw a shout to Imraan in particular for pulling off the player-killer the way he did. Violent, but still sympathetic.

Most Heroic Character: This is a toughie. I'm going to give this to both Ethan Kent and Liz Polanski. Liz's attempt wasn't nearly as realistic with me and I... really don't like it, but was it heroic? You bet your ass it was. She was trying to break the game so that everybody might live.

Most Villainous Character: Aaron Hughes. Kill count doesn't mean everything.

Most Tragic Character: Like I could answer anything but 'Dutchy'.

Most Humorous Character: I'll be poking Richard Han later. For right now, I'd say Harold Fisher made me laugh a lot. What a way to die, showing off like that.

More Characterization

Which character did you relate to the most? Dutchy. I'd be scared shitless just like him, y'know.

Which character did you feel the most for? Tied with the above and Tabi.

Which character do you feel 'played the game' the best? Aaron Hughes got this far through manipulation and, when it came down to it, finally dirtying his hands.

Which character do you think had it the worst? Felicia Carmichael and Maria Graham basically had their lives shit all over again and again and AGAIN.

Which character would you be willing to kill yourself? Quite a few. Listing them by name would be 'petty', wouldn't it?

Which character do you think should NOT have died? Tabi, whyyyyy!?

Which character do you think deserves to die? Or for the characters already dead, which character do you think totally had it coming? Deserving it? Aaron and Reiko. Had it coming? Maxwell, Ema, Hayley and Clio (still).

The Drama Category

Most Tragic Scene: The Monsters Funeral, again. Ray breaks me every time.

Most Disturbing/Gory Scene: Bloodgarden. Because most other things don't even come close.

Most Pivotal Scene/Event: There is... a house... in New Orleans... they caaaaaaall the riiiiising sun...

Most Humourous Scene: That goddamn scene about the goddamn hat.

Most Action-packed Scene: The infirmary and the parish both had absolutely brutal moments. Maxwell's death was really John McClane-ish, too.

Most Emotionally Moving Scene: Sometimes, it's like I'm being asked the same question over and over. The funeral part of Monsters.

Most Drama-filled Scene: There was that one Jimmy kill with the shelves that I really liked. That one played out like a surprisingly suspenseful murder.

Most Unexpected Scene: I'd have to agree/reiterate from before with Reika's death. Blindside, that one.

Most Tragic Death: Recently, Tabi's stolen that for me. Rosa's was really crushing, too.

Most Violent Death: I think somebody already said Vivien. Yeah, let's go with that.

Most Disturbing Death: Vivien again. I really did like Rosa's death all the way through, though (including that controversial opener).

Most Unexpected Death: Reika's death. Again.

Most Original/Unorthodox Death: I don't think we're ever going to see another Moxie kill.

Most Humorous Death: Finally, here we go. Remi Pierce. ... I'm kidding. Richard Han.

There's five people left - who are you counting on to be the overall winner of SOTFv4? Gee, I haven't the foggiest.

How do you predict the ending of SOTFv4 is going to turn out? HAVEN'T. THE. FOGGIEST.

If you could change ANYTHING that has happened thus far, what would you change? Tabi dying.

How do you think V5 will differ from V4? Besides the obvious factors? How the hell should I know? A wider variety of characters that defy archtypes, I hope.

Your thoughts on SOTFv4(and beyond...) It was great. I really loved it, y'know?

How much did you enjoy/not enjoy SOTFv4? Totally dug it. I'd do it all over again.

What do you like the most about SOTFv4? Heads and shoulders over all the previous ones in terms of quality.

What do you think could have been better about SOTFv4? We had a few blemishes here and there in terms of activity, realism and post quality. I'd like to polish those out.

How would you compare SOTF to the original BR? HAHAHAHAHA no comparison.

How do you feel about the upcoming ENDING of SOTF V4? ... I'll tell you when I do it.

Do you think V5 will be any more or less enjoyable than V4/V3/V2/V1, or the same? I think they get better each time, so maybe more.

What do you think of the overall 'SOTF' story? I can't wait to see where V5 takes it.

How do you feel about v5? Are you done asking me these things? Yeesh. It's gonna be great, I know it!

Talk About Yourself

What has been your favorite thing to write in v4? Bloodgarden. Yeah, you heard me correctly. I stand by that thread to the end, and I'll let it be known. It was so fun to write all that gory shit and put it out there. Theraputic is all hell.

Which of your v4 characters was your favorite to write? Ivan Kuznetsov.

Which was your favorite thread to participate in? Blooooooooodgarden.

What are you proudest of in v4? How well the Ivan and Tabi dynamic played out. I think they were the best couple in SotF, though I could see putting in a vote for Rannaliese (who were more like siblings, but as a pair...)

What do you wish you could improve? A few posts here and there in Bloodgarden after John pointed out a few things.

What is your favorite OOC memory of v4? Ah, shit, that's a toughie. Uuuummm... I think the birth and short life of the tree branch meme.

What is your favorite v4 memory overall? Some of the fantastic teamwork I got to do with Greg, Julian, and others.

What else would you like to share? Anything goes! I'm going to kill you. Sleep tight!
[+] Spoiler
Jerry Fury - The man, the myth, the legend
Coleen Reagan - The girl who half-loved the world
[+] Spoiler
V5 Roster:
Cody Patton : That bitch.
Sean Mulcahy : The world was kind to reprieve him of his fear...
Jessica Sanders: She hoped it would be quick...
[+] Spoiler
20:17Sideliner:Toben and Ricky are like a sibling version of the Joker and Batman, only Batman is just as much of a mass murderer. He just hides it better.
19:58LaurelsHow does your dick smell like Fritos?
14:36 MimiI THOUGHT YOU GUYS WERE FRIENDS > 14:36MimiI THOUGHT YOU REALLY LICKED HER

MurderWeasel
MW's Private Rank

November 2nd, 2011, 6:30 am #5

Disclaimer: These picks vary hour by hour. I like so many characters and scenes, I can't even come close to listing them all. This is just what struck me off the top of my head tonight. I'd probably get a totally different list tomorrow.

The Basics

Handler Name: KillerVole

Your Trademark Character: Kimberly Nguyen

Current Status of Trademark Character: Waiting in the right place

Favourite Character: This is so tough. I really loved Erik Laurin, though.

Favourite Weapon: Hunga Munga

Favourite Scene: Julian and Raidon try to figure out where they stand after the end of their common goal.

Favourite Death: Ugh... so many. I think, though, I have to go with Naoko Raidon or Nick LeMonde. So many, though. It changes day to day.

Favourite Quote: “I start thinking to myself, every few minutes, 'Why haven't I shot this guy yet?' And maybe I have an answer. Maybe it's even a good one. Don't matter. Eventually I shoot you. Or I don't, cause you get to your gun first. Or maybe I just get so caught up in that dilemma that I don't notice whatever murderer creeping up on us till we're both dead.”

“It's wouldn't be a team. It never would've been a team.”

Favourite Thread: It's Not Warm When She's Away. What? Post-game counts. :p

Favourite Post: snap

Favourite Location: The Docks. I like the sea, and this location always just felt atmospheric to me. It's why I dropped in there so often.

Most Evolutionary Character: Undoubtedly Naoko Raidon. It takes a lot to go from quasi-pacifist to villain to almost antihero. The best thing is, it all flows well and makes perfect sense.

Most Revolutionary Character: Ethan Kent, with Liz a very close runner up.

Most Unorthodox/Original Character: You know what? I thought Zach Jamis was a perfect example of how to do something different really, really right. He wasn't a killer, but he was a total jerk a lot of the time. He had a softer side, but he never let it show through in the usual ways. He just ruled all around.

Most Realistically-Portrayed Character: Tough, really tough. I think I'm gonna go with Nick LeMonde and RJ Lowe, though.

Most Heroic Character: That's tricky. V4 has had fewer traditional heroes than most games, I feel. Ivan Kuznetsov is pretty darn heroic, though. He protects Tabi, and (and this is the big bit) he's actually hesitant to kill.

Most Villainous Character: Hmm... Liam Brooks while insane. Nobody can touch that level of gleeful sadism. There's being a psycho, there's killing to win, and then there's Bloodgarden.

Most Tragic Character: I'd say Ilario. He lost his siblings, launched himself onto the killer's path by mistake, and is still convinced that he's in the right.

Most Humorous Character: Trent Savage. I like puns, and Stef had a great hand for being funny even while staying serious.

More Characterization

Which character did you relate to the most? Probably Nick Reid or Alice Boucher. Both of them made perfect, intuitive sense to me.

Which character did you feel the most for? Funnily enough, I probably felt the most for Julian Avery. He tried to do the right thing, and in the end he was undone by his own rigid ideals.

Which character do you feel 'played the game' the best? Ericka Bradley, actually. She flew under the radar while keeping pretty healthy and clearly gunning to go far. She also didn't try to shake up what worked, tactics-wise, which is important.

Which character do you think had it the worst? RJ Lowe. He's the only one who literally never had a chance.

Which character would you be willing to kill yourself? Still peaceful, personally. A few I wasn't torn up about seeing go, though.

Which character do you think should NOT have died? Zach Jamis or Naoko Raidon. Both of them had tons of potential to get even further than they did.

Which character do you think deserves to die? Or for the characters already dead, which character do you think totally had it coming? Oh man, no one had it coming like Remi Pierce. He was one of the few who is entirely to blame for his own demise.

The Drama Category

Most Tragic Scene: A bunch of fairly decent people get left behind during the rescue. Back when I went "It makes sense for STAR to do this" staffside, I had no idea how it'd actually come out. Suffice to say, it was... pretty depressing a lot of the time.

Most Disturbing/Gory Scene: Not gory, but Joe Rios vs. Alan Rickhall is creepy as heck in all the right ways.

Most Pivotal Scene/Event: House of the Rising Sun. That, or when the rescued folks actually hit the ground in Saint Paul.

Most Humourous Scene: Jeremy Franco meets Leila and Jimmy and the Flowerheads. The really funny thing is, all of these characters are quite serious and deep in their own rights. They just happened to also come together for a perfect comedic storm.

Most Action-packed Scene: Jimmy vs. Alex

Most Emotionally Moving Scene: Hmm... So many good ones. I already did sad, so I'm gonna pick another emotion and say this was very bittersweet in a great way: Ray comes home

Most Drama-filled Scene: Bloodgarden, once Jason and Nathan show up.

Most Unexpected Scene: Peter Siu murders Jessie. I thought it was coming, just... not like that.

Most Tragic Death: This has just gotta be Tabi.

Most Violent Death: Maxwell. Heck, that one may even be possible to prove objectively true.

Most Disturbing Death: Daisuke Nagazawa. He never even saw it coming. Never even had a chance, since he was the first popped.

Most Unexpected Death: Echoing everyone else, but definitely Reika Ishida, with runner up to Dominic Stratford (see? I finally got it right).

Most Original/Unorthodox Death: Alan loses a staring contest. This whole scene was very original and creepy. I love the concept.

Most Humorous Death: Richard Han

There's five people left - who are you counting on to be the overall winner of SOTFv4? Can't answer that one.

How do you predict the ending of SOTFv4 is going to turn out? Ditto.

If you could change ANYTHING that has happened thus far, what would you change? By my count, I killed 32 inactives. I would have preferred that to not have become necessary.

How do you think V5 will differ from V4? I think V5 will be different because handlers will have more practice and will be more invested in their characters. I'm hoping that, given the rules changes, we'll see far fewer fodder characters. Also, I think people will keep their hero cards longer.

How much did you enjoy/not enjoy SOTFv4? I had a total blast.

What do you like the most about SOTFv4? I liked seeing all the different stories unfold, interact, and come together. V4 has been epic on a scale never before seen, and I think there is so much here. There are tons of hidden gems, amazing posts just waiting to be discovered.

What do you think could have been better about SOTFv4? I think there was, in some cases, an unfortunate fixation on being "cool" or "awesome" or "funny" as opposed to being realistic or high quality. Comedy and awesome moments are fine, as long as they fit the character and the story, but V4 definitely had a number that felt shoehorned in for popular appeal. I feel like a lot of characters were hurt by this.

Also, inactivity. I spent most of the game as the list-keeper, and it was not pretty.

How would you compare SOTF to the original BR? SOTF has way, way more depth. The characters are, by and large, more developed and more interesting. That said, SOTF lacks BR's cohesiveness and accessibility. You can sit down and read (or watch or whatever) BR and get the full story. the same is not true of SOTF unless you're willing to devote a whole lot of time to it. That said, you can follow (almost) any character in SOTF and get a complex, involving story. That's very much not true of BR.

How do you feel about the upcoming ENDING of SOTF V4? It's exciting.

Do you think V5 will be any more or less enjoyable than V4/V3/V2/V1, or the same? With any luck, much improved. I think most of our handlers have grown a ton, and even many of the people who didn't get to participate in V4 have cut their teeth on the Mini, which means we have an overall higher average skill level going in.

What do you think of the overall 'SOTF' story? It's cool and stuff. Whenever I interact with it, though, I'm totally terrified I'm gonna mess everything up.

How do you feel about v5? I'm really excited! It should be awesome.

Talk About Yourself

What has been your favorite thing to write in v4? Oh man, so many. I had a list of handlers to thank for working with me, but it was, like, half the site. Anyways, if I had to pick just one thing right now, tonight, in my current mood, I would pick the scenes with Erik and Kimberly.

Which of your v4 characters was your favorite to write?
...I actually can't decide. I've written this a couple times, each way, and in the end it's a tie with Jennifer and Kimberly. Jennifer was the character who I wrote wholly without regard to whether she'd be at all popular or interesting or whatever, and just wrote what I wanted with her the whole game. Kimberly let me be a little dramatic and taught me a lot about the virtues of just going with the flow (I don't think her story was ever planned more than a thread ahead of where it was at).

Which was your favorite thread to participate in?
This one (Spoiler: I was Help in that instance). It was cool to be able to interact with such a crazy number of handlers, even if it was totally confusing and chaotic. I love writing with new people, and that thread had so much going on all the time.

What are you proudest of in v4?
That this looks almost nothing like this.

What do you wish you could improve?
All my writing? In seriousness, I have a ton to learn when it comes to writing, still. I'm never really quite satisfied with my work. If I had to pick a specific thing, though, I'd say my pregame stuff. I chose not to edit it, though, even when the section was still open, because that feels like cheating (except that one memory thread I fixed. That was totally fair. ><)

What is your favorite OOC memory of v4?
God, tons. Guessing where Rose's UN came from in chat, Ricky starting to call me "brother" and me taking a week to figure out who he was talking about, Tyth inviting me to join a thread when I was a total newbie and was afraid to post anywhere.

How 'bout realizing the only character relationships I had planned were with Deckmaster? That was a fun time. It actually forced me to open up and interact with the site a lot more, so there was some positive part of that mess.

What is your favorite v4 memory overall?
That's really tricky. Maybe just the sheer enthusiasm, IC and OOC, when the game opened up.

What else would you like to share? Anything goes!
I just want to extend a huge thanks to each and every one of you. I haven't gotten half the handlers and characters on this list who need to be here, even with all the questions. Having read all of V4, it's really weird to be sitting here so close to the end, looking over the death list and realizing that I know each and every one of these characters, and remembering all their stories. Everyone has put so much work into this version, and it really, really shows. Thank you all for giving me so much fun reading over these past two years.

Grim Wolf
Winner

November 3rd, 2011, 4:02 am #6

An ongoing thing to be edited as I have time.

The Basics

Handler Name: Grim Wolf

Your Trademark Character: I think by this point it's pretty clearly Naoko Raidon.

Current Status of Trademark Character: His body's lying quite dead in front of a house that has a painting, a body, and some rather fond memories in it.

Favourite Character: That's not even...don't do this to me SotF >_< Tie between Mizore Soryu and Julian Avery.

Favourite Weapon: The flashbangs provided me so much fun...

Favourite Scene: Hoo boy. There were so many good ones, many of which I was involved in. Um...let's see...Liz Polanski dies in the Tunnels. I thought it was gorgeous, eloquent, made excellent use of the format, and really brought the Liz Polanski arc to a close.

Favourite Death: Julian Avery, hands down.

Favourite Quote: "But you already know how that ends."

[B[Favourite Thread:[/B] Broken Like the Sun.

Favourite Post: Hate to be self-centered, but Raidon's final post in Retribution was one of my favorite things to write ever.

Favourite Location: That house in the Residential Area.

Most Evolutionary Character: I actually really liked Garrett Hunter's slow development from sort of shallow thug to this much deeper character who struggled on as best he could.

Most Revolutionary Character: Liz Polanski. She broke the game and waged a one-woman war against the system, and really caused some lasting damage. STARS did the most, overall, but given her resources and her character Liz put up a hell of a fight.

Most Unorthodox/Original Character: Julian Avery. This light-hearted, manic would-be hero had me riveted from first reading.

Most Realistically-Portrayed Character: I thought Dutchy was actually supremely well-handled; he's naive, idealistic, and sort of doomed from the outset, and that made him supremely lovable and also supremely believable.

Most Heroic Character: Ethan Kent. When time came to make a play against the island, he went all out and put his own life up as payment. Completely self-sacrificing, completely noble.

Most Villainous Character: Aaron Hughes you magnificent bastard.

Most Tragic Character: Ivan Kuznetzov, now that Tabi's death. The thing that made him such a powerful force is now gone, just in time for endgame, and I can't wait to see whether it totally breaks him or gives him the fuel to win. Still, heart-breaking.

Most Humorous Character: Julian Avery, along with being an incredibly powerful character, also floored me sometimes with his superb danger dialogue.

More Characterization

Which character did you relate to the most? Raidon, actually. I love a lot of the characters on the site, but Raidon's perspective is the only one that had such influence on me I sometimes found myself defending his actions from his perspective.

Which character did you feel the most for? Roland Harte. Reading his death from his perspective left me feeling a little sick inside, and pretty guilty.

Which character do you feel 'played the game' the best? Aaron Hughes. He was subtle, sneaky, manipulative, callous, a total bastard, and managed to skirt by practically unharmed.

Which character do you think had it the worst? Liz Polanski could not catch a fucking break.

Which character would you be willing to kill yourself? Samantha Ridley. Something in me just absolutely rejects assisted suicide, especially the way she was doing it.

Which character do you think should NOT have died? Ethan Kent. I really wish he could have found a way to trick the game.

Which character do you think deserves to die? Or for the characters already dead, which character do you think totally had it coming? Samantha Ridley, Aaron Hughes, Maxwell Lombardi, and Reiko Ishida. Really, Reiko? You had to kill Carol right after Simon did a heroic sacrifice to save you guys?

The Drama Category

Most Tragic Scene: Tabi's death, man. Geez.

Most Disturbing/Gory Scene: Sweet jiggling jesus, Bloodgarden.

Most Pivotal Scene/Event: Which scene do you think played a huge role in the changing the course of the game?

Most Humourous Scene: Which scene served as the best comic relief?

Most Action-packed Scene: Which scene had the most action going on?

Most Emotionally Moving Scene: Which scene induced some kind of emotion in you the most effectively?

Most Drama-filled Scene: Which scene had you on the edge of your seat in the way of conflict, suspense, and drama?

Most Unexpected Scene: There are always these unexpected turn of events that you could not have seen coming from a mile a way.

Most Tragic Death: Which death brought the most tears to your eyes?

Most Violent Death: Which death do you think brought out the most gore/pain/blood/guts/etc.?

Most Disturbing Death: Which death scarred/traumatized/made you want to puke the most?

Most Unexpected Death: Which death struck you the most as totally coming out of the blue?

Most Original/Unorthodox Death: There are a million ways to skin a cat, and occasionally, you'll get a method that is just...totally...out there. Which one do you think fits the bill?

Most Humorous Death: If you find such a morbid matter so amusing.

There's five people left - who are you counting on to be the overall winner of SOTFv4? Come on, Ivan, you have god damn earned this.

How do you predict the ending of SOTFv4 is going to turn out? Brutally.

If you could change ANYTHING that has happened thus far, what would you change? Handling Simon. Man. I should've done way better.

How do you think V5 will differ from V4? Other than obvious factors (different characters, different backstory, different island, different events, new rules) I think people will shake off a bit of their ridigness and be willing to get even more creative. I'm really looking forward to it.

How much did you enjoy/not enjoy SOTFv4?

What do you like the most about SOTFv4?

What do you think could have been better about SOTFv4?

How would you compare SOTF to the original BR?

How do you feel about the upcoming ENDING of SOTF V4?

Do you think V5 will be any more or less enjoyable than V4/V3/V2/V1, or the same?

What do you think of the overall 'SOTF' story?

How do you feel about v5?

Talk About Yourself

What has been your favorite thing to write in v4? Everything I wrote with Jonny and story. I had to step up my game so much to match theirs, and it made me really proud of the resulting pieces. Broken Like the Sun, Failing to Reappear, Quiet Lives of Baron Saturday, All's Fair. Radio Nowhere. I think The Gully offered a supremely readable fight scene, with full thanks to KV for writing a fine opponent. But my favorite piece of personal writing are the confrontations with Maxwell.

Which of your v4 characters was your favorite to write? Mirabelle Nesa snuck up on me, but Raidon was pretty obviously my baby.

Which was your favorite thread to participate in? Quiet Lives of Baron Saturday, Failing to Reappear, and Retribution were all threads I had way too much fun with.

What are you proudest of in v4? I reread Naoko Raidon and realized I'd somehow made a coherent narrative that actually tracked from the outset. That, and I made a character who evolved in response to others and grew as time went on.

What do you wish you could improve? My writing as a whole, of course, but especially Simon Grey. He could have been so much more, and his failure to reach his potential was entirely due to my ineptitude.

What is your favorite OOC memory of v4? My discovery of Homestuck.

What is your favorite v4 memory overall?[ In-game? Geez, dunno. Any of the Soryu/Raidon RPs.

What else would you like to share? Anything goes! I'm so sad I'm dead because I just wanted to RP with you miserly sons of bitches more.
Want to buy my book? See my short stories? Read my fanfiction? Visit my website!

V6 Players

Tara Behzad: "They don't get to decide how I die."

Lizzie Luz: "I don't want to go."

Alex Tarquin: "No more masks."
[+] Spoiler

G053 Karen Idel, DECEASED: Game over.

B040 Tyler Lucas, DECEASED: I had fun. You?

B046 Xavier Contel, DECEASED : "G-gotta...trust people, Arthur. G-g-gotta try. C-can't be afraid."
[+] Spoiler

B054 Raidon Naoko (DECEASED): "Dying like this isn't so bad..."

B072 Simon Grey (DECEASED): "I never was a hero, but, God help me, I tried."

B079 David Meramac (DECEASED): "Running towards nothing. Running from nothing."

G072 Mirabelle Nesa (DECEASED): "I'm a weak little girl who couldn't save anyone, even myself, but god damn it I beat you and god damn it you are going to remember that because I am Mirabelle Nesa and I am a hardened goddamn warrior and I am not going to fucking give up now!"

Ciel
Mr. Danya

November 4th, 2011, 6:30 pm #7

The Basics

Handler Name: Ciel

Your Trademark Character: Zach Jamis

Current Status of Trademark Character: ... seriously?

Favourite Character: It's a tie between Nick LeMonde and Jeremy Franco.

Favourite Weapon: MOXIE.

Favourite Scene: Step one, obtain a fedora. Step one, obtain a fedora.Step one, obtain a fedora.

Favourite Death: The Aristocrats, or more specifically, both of the deaths that happen in there. Great stuff.

Favourite Quote: "Biggest monster dies at the end of the book." Julian Avery. I can't get this line out of my head.

Favourite Thread: The Aristocrats. Yes.

Favourite Post: A tie between Karsk's first post with Jackson Ockley and Richard Han's - snrk - death post.

Favourite Location: the parish. That place got trashed to high hell.

Most Evolutionary Character: Alice Blake. Her evolution did not happen all at once. It is a slow, steady descent that eats at her constantly, from her first thread to the escape. I liked her arc, and I'm very interested to see how her postgame will end.

Most Revolutionary Character: Ethan Kent by default. Because of cameras.

Most Unorthodox/Original Character:RJ Lowe. We've had mute characters in the game before, but no one's ever managed it quite as well as RJ. He was original, and he handled amazingly. Mizore Soryu is a personal favorite of mine too. She was unique and original without being outlandish and impossible. I could see her existing in real life. Also Aaron Hughes, for reasons I will be going into soon.

Most Realistically-Portrayed Character: Nick LeMonde and RJ Lowe.

Most Heroic Character: Roland Harte was the most heroic character in v4. Actually, I really wished he ended up doing more on the island. The man clung to his values so tightly that not even the game could break his hold. He was strong, and he was a leader. Risking your life in order to save a complete stranger is the most heroic thing a person could do, and he did it numerous times.

Most Villainous Character: Aaron Hughes. There were far too many villains trying to look evil or badass this season. Not that there's anything wrong with that but... Aaron didn't even need to rank up the kill count to be a villain. All he needed to do was manipulate everyone, and he made short work of that.

Most Tragic Character: Roman Jackson. Jesus christ

Most Humorous Character: Jeremy Franco. Second place goes to all of Little's characters. All of them.

More Characterization

Which character did you relate to the most? ... there's a little bit of Kaitlin Anderheim in all of us.

Which character did you feel the most for? RJ. I felt for him his entire time on the island.

Which character do you feel 'played the game' the best? Aaron Hughes, most definitely. He went through the game making everyone think he was one of the good guys. Amazing way to play.

Which character do you think had it the worst? Ilario. It is my belief that Ilario wants to do the right thing. He wants to be a good person, a good son, a good brother. He was just pushed in the wrong direction. Now he's too far in to turn back. But what makes this tragic is that... he doesn't even realize this. He still thinks he's doing the right thing. That's just sad as hell.

Which character would you be willing to kill yourself? ... c:

Which character do you think should NOT have died? Annaliese Hansen. She just missed the escape. Also, anyone who got hit by the rolls consecutively. I mean jesus.

Which character do you think deserves to die? Or for the characters already dead, which character do you think totally had it coming? Aaron and Ema had it coming. Of the characters left, it is my opinion that the killers deserve to.... wait.

The Drama Category

Most Tragic Scene: Most recently, Tabi's death scene.

Most Disturbing/Gory Scene: ... Bloodgarden

Most Pivotal Scene/Event: House of the Rising Sun.

Most Humourous Scene: The one with the hat.

Most Action-packed Scene: The Aristocrats.

Most Emotionally Moving Scene: Ivan and Tabi's moment of peace. I felt... very sad when the rolls came, and it's all because of that thread.

Most Drama-filled Scene: Haha, can't decide man!

Most Unexpected Scene: Liz getting her collar off, most definitely.

Most Tragic Death: Roman.Jackson. Jeez.

Most Violent Death: Vivien's death was needlessly violent and it really left a bad taste in my mouth.

Most Disturbing Death: Rosa's death made me cringe.

Most Unexpected Death: ... all the ones in the very beginning. Kinda wished there were less, actually.

Most Original/Unorthodox Death: haha too many to count, so many odd/original deaths. Butttt.... moxie death?

Most Humorous Death: Richard Han and gravity have a love-hate relationship.

There's five people left - who are you counting on to be the overall winner of SOTFv4? Ilario. He's a personal favorite of mine, and his scenario for endgame would be a break from the norm. His fall from "grace", when he finally realizes that he is no better than the "animals", and how he will chose to respond will be great material for endgame. I have no doubt about that.

How do you predict the ending of SOTFv4 is going to turn out? ... I predict that the ending will be amazing, no matter who wins. From all the shit that's happened off the island, I have no doubt about it.

If you could change ANYTHING that has happened thus far, what would you change? I would make it so that GameMaker would not go inactive, so he could go on to write some of the greatest characters ever.

How do you think V5 will differ from V4? To be frank? I think it's way too damn early to tell that! What I can see quite clearly is that there are some passionate newcomers in our ranks.

How much did you enjoy/not enjoy SOTFv4? oh I loved it. Loved it so much.

What do you like the most about SOTFv4? I like how v4 is just five leagues ahead of V3. In pretty much every way possible. From killers to escape plans. V3 had some great stuff, but it pales in comparison. That's my opinion though, feel free to disagree.

What do you think could have been better about SOTFv4? Only thing, for me? I really hoped we held onto our hero cards. Things might have turned out differently if that were the case.

How would you compare SOTF to the original BR? At this point we're past comparisons. Sotf is in a different field than Battle Royale. Stating otherwise would be an insult. But I will agree with Toben that BR trumps Sotf in accessibility. If there's one thing BR has, it's great pacing. This is simply not the case with SotF, where there are so many characters with their own arcs that it's hard to keep track.

How do you feel about the upcoming ENDING of SOTF V4? No offence, but I feel that we should stop predicting whether the ending is going to be bad just because most of the finalists are passive. Huge names and big killers a good ending does not make. Each one of these handlers are passionate, and dedicated to their characters. I am sure they are doing all they can to write a perfect endgame, and even if it isn't the greatest thing ever? Who cares! V4 was awesome, you can't deny that.

What I'm trying to say is, let the ending speak for itself. Thinking negatively and expecting the worst will get us nowhere. And that's coming from me.

Do you think V5 will be any more or less enjoyable than V4/V3/V2/V1, or the same? Can't really answer that. If people are willing to take risks like in v4 without going overboard, then maybe it'll be even greater.

What do you think of the overall 'SOTF' story? There's been a huge rise in quality, story wise. I love it. I hope the mods can keep it up.

How do you feel about v5? Five version anniversary!

Talk About Yourself

What has been your favorite thing to write in v4? While he was not my favorite to write, I'll admit Zach Jamis's little mental dialogues were a blast to write.

Which of your v4 characters was your favorite to write? Kitty Gittschall. Kitty is my first official villain in sotf. I wanted a lot of things from her. I wanted her to be a horrible, self-righteous bitch who always put herself in front of others, but she had to have some capacity to feel emotion and care for others. I wanted her to be a player, but her reasoning couldn't be that it was 'cool' to kill. I wanted her to be a little off but not a complete nutjob, a girl who's weird but not nearly as strange as people think she is. To me, Kitty was all these things and more. And I enjoyed every last minute writing her.

Which was your favorite thread to participate in? The Moon is Laughing at You. It had like fifty people in there, but it did not feel cluttered. I was worried it was going to be hard to follow, but it never got that bad. Everything was spaced out perfectly. Plus, I have to commend Ian and Pigeon for being able to handle their scene. It was funny and it added a lot to the thread.

What are you proudest of in v4? I'm obligated to say Zach Jamis or Kitty. Zach was my best character in V4 bt far, as much as I cringe at some of the shit I made him do, and Kitty was my personal favorite... BUT. I am most proud of the quality of Jessica Pentangeli's posts in her last threads. Especially her last post. I am astonished.

What do you wish you could improve? Everything. I like to carry my pessimism with me at all times. To be specific though. I would change everything about Zach's death. It felt like I was forcing the shit I never got to say in and it came out all horrible. I honestly believe it bogged down Saul's and Raidon's deaths.

What is your favorite OOC memory of v4? Involving me? Getting together with Renard and working on a death. To be honest, it was the best death I've ever worked on OOCly. Renard and me were on the same wavelength the entire time and it was just amazing to write a death was just in sync with both character. Does that make any sense? Probably not.

Not involving me? There are a bunch, mostly stuff from the chatroom, but my favorite memory was when RJ Lowe got rolled for a fourth time, and despite Stark's refusal, people wanted to save him anyway.

What is your favorite v4 memory overall?... gotta give it to the mods, the event happening outside of the island managed to be even more suspenseful and interesting than ever before.

What else would you like to share? Anything goes! Want to know a secret? Sometimes I go back to my old v4 posts and edit them. Small things I don't care if anyone notices the changes, I do it because I want to. And you know what? No matter what I do, they never look right.

Want to know something else? I put invisatext inside Johnny McDowell's first two posts. It's been sitting there for months and I don't think anyone's noticed. Go look if you want. It might crop back up.

Also also?

Thanks. For making v4 so awesome.

Now watch this.

storyspoiler
Leader

November 11th, 2011, 10:53 pm #8

Handler Name: storyspoiler

Your Trademark Character: All of 'em, for different scenes and different reasons.

Current Status of Trademark Character: Liz is dead in the Tunnels, Mizore's escaped, Alice is dead on the mountain.

Favourite Character: Raidon & Kimberly consistently blew me out of the water.

Favourite Weapon: Liquid nitrogen…wish I could have gotten my hands on that. Though Alice's Nazi gun comes close, just because it's incredibly useless and SO OBVIOUSLY EVIL.

Favourite Scene: Two Roads Diverged In A Dark Hellhole.

Favourite Death: I know I was part of it…but Sarah Atwell's death at the hands of Alice Boucher.

Favourite Quote: "‪Say what you will about God's reliability, but if you ask him for douchebags, he will deliver.‬"

Favourite Thread: Burn On.

Favourite Post: Dead Girls.

Favourite Location: Residential Area.

Most Evolutionary Character: Charlie DuClare. She started so, so scared, and ended up standing up to Aaron Hughes and accepting death like the bravest among them.

Most Revolutionary Character: Liz, or Ethan.

Most Unorthodox/Original Character: I still love my Mizore Soryu, but Zach Jamis was superb. Franco too, as he walked the line between comic relief, scary snaps, and a little bit tragic.

Most Realistically-Portrayed Character: I hate this question.

Most Heroic Character: Mirabelle Nesa. You didn't always do the right thing, girl, but God knows, you tried.

Most Villainous Character: People who kill and feel morally satisfied doing it really push that button for me. And there weren't many doing that here.

Most Tragic Character: Naoko Raidon.

Most Humorous Character: Hayley Kelly, oddly. She wasn't slapstick, but her snarky humor at her situation was excellent.

More Characterization

Which character did you relate to the most? Eiko Haraguchi.

Which character did you feel the most for? Aston Bennet. There was a hell of a lot of sadness and gore in these posts…but no one was _frustrated_ like Aston Bennet, the girl who had built herself up to be the best. Every post of hers I read ended with me gritting my teeth.

Which character do you feel 'played the game' the best? Tabi and Ivan started as a team, protected each other as a team, and ended as a team.

Which character do you think had it the worst? Helen Wilson. Died right before she got on the boats.

Which character would you be willing to kill yourself? None of them.

Which character do you think should NOT have died? …all of them? Oh, you mean who do I want in Endgame? Naoko Raidon, obviously. For my dear Mizore. I also wish Kitty G. had stuck around a little longer.

Which character do you think deserves to die? Or for the characters already dead, which character do you think totally had it coming? Seriously, guys, these are kids stuck on hellmurder island and forced to kill their classmates 'till they die. No one had it coming.

The Drama Category

Most Tragic Scene: Act II: A Mirror Dimly. Two people, tiny movements, tragic and beautiful. James, Rosie, you're the best people on this board.

Most Disturbing/Gory Scene: Eve Walker-Luther's death.

Most Pivotal Scene/Event: "House Of The Rising Sun" and "Faraday's Cages".

Most Humourous Scene: Maxwell Lombardi kills George Liedman while Hayley Kelly spies on them. It's black humor, but Maxwell's and Hayley's narration during this bit are priceless.

Most Action-packed Scene: Any fight scene with Maxwell Lombardi in it.

Most Emotionally Moving Scene: Petra with the violin. Tragic, strange, and quietly uplifting.

Most Drama-filled Scene: Act II: A Mirror Dimly (again)

Most Unexpected Scene: Announcement 8 and The Cavalry Arrives.

Most Tragic Death: Hilary Strand's suicide.

Most Violent Death: Janet Claymont's death at the hands of Kris Hartmann.

Most Disturbing Death: Peter Siu's killing of Jessie Anderson. Unexpected and, when you think through the implications of it, it kind of hurts your head.

Most Unexpected Death: Jackson Ockley, at the hands of Ilario Fiametta. I didn't know what was coming there, read that thread and was knocked out of my seat.

Most Original/Unorthodox Death: Richard Han.

Most Humorous Death: Richard Han, again. Seriously.

There's five people left - who are you counting on to be the overall winner of SOTFv4? Kimberly Nyugen.

How do you predict the ending of SOTFv4 is going to turn out? Some people will die between now and then.

If you could change ANYTHING that has happened thus far, what would you change? Have more people escape. Also, I would have liked to see Kitty G. become a real player.

How do you think V5 will differ from V4? Er…more people?

How much did you enjoy/not enjoy SOTFv4? Yes.

What do you like the most about SOTFv4? I could let my melodrama out.

What do you think could have been better about SOTFv4? Go away, realism police!

How would you compare SOTF to the original BR? Haven't read the original.

How do you feel about the upcoming ENDING of SOTF V4? Don't disappoint me, bros.

Do you think V5 will be any more or less enjoyable than V4/V3/V2/V1, or the same? We'll find out…

What do you think of the overall 'SOTF' story? Finally, Danya died! I was wondering if the island was invisible or something.

How do you feel about v5? Yes.

Talk About Yourself

What has been your favorite thing to write in v4? "Blackout", with KillerVole.

Which of your v4 characters was your favorite to write? Liz while escaping, Mizore with Raidon, Alice during and directly after Sarah's death.

Which was your favorite thread to participate in? The Quiet Lives Of Baron Saturday.

What are you proudest of in v4? Learning how to write Mizore.

What do you wish you could improve? Everything. My writing is…fragmented.

What is your favorite OOC memory of v4? Grim & I writing scenes together.

What is your favorite v4 memory overall? Emotional turmoil!

What else would you like to share? Anything goes! I'm awfully excited for all the new blood.
--------

Alice Boucher was a liar.
Liz Polanski played with fire.

And who the hell is Radio Asuka?

Brackie
Winner

November 12th, 2011, 7:43 am #9

The Basics

Handler Name: Inky

Your Trademark Character: Two - Brendan Wallace & Aston Bennett (although she may not be really mine anymore, given away and all)

Current Status of Trademark Character: Eating a burger and dead respectively.

Favourite Character: Not going to choose - in hindsight, I loved them all equally.

Favourite Weapon: My love of the meteor hammer will never die

Favourite Scene: The Might Sparrow

Favourite Death: Don't make me choose.

Favourite Quote: Rena's breakdown in It Knows Nothing of Whim

Favourite Thread: The Gully.

Favourite Post: See favourite quote

Favourite Location: Both of the beaches.

Most Evolutionary Character: Alice Boucher. Compare pre-game Alice to Alice in her last post.

Most Revolutionary Character: Cope out no.2 - Both Ethan Kent and Liz Polanski had big influences.

Most Unorthodox/Original Character: Raidon Naoko, in a good way of course.

Most Realistically-Portrayed Character: Raymond Dawson. Same answer and reason as last time.

Most Heroic Character: Peter Siu was, for the most part, so so misguided, but his intentions were good to a point and I can forgive that.

Most Villainous Character: Ema Ryan really stepped up and showed herself. After rereading Hayley/Ema/Kyle, I can totally see where it came from now.

Most Tragic Character: They're all tragic, in a way. They've all done things and had things happen to them to make them each tragic in their own ways.

Most Humorous Character: Milo Taylor had the right kind of humour inside of him.

More Characterization

Which character did you relate to the most? Robert Lerger, again from last time.

Which character did you feel the most for? Kimberly Nguyen.

Which character do you feel 'played the game' the best? Is there any real set-in-stone way to play this game? The only real way to play the game the best is to win, and so far only people who have killed a lot of people have done that. We won't know who played the best until v4 is over.

Which character do you think had it the worst? Dude, they're being forced to kill each other. They all had it the worst.

Which character would you be willing to kill yourself? Repeated from last time, Julian Avery with a side helping of Peter Siu.

Which character do you think should NOT have died? Like I said last time, they all died for a reason.

Which character do you think deserves to die? Or for the characters already dead, which character do you think totally had it coming? Aaron Hughes.

The Drama Category

Most Tragic Scene: Simon Fletcher and Duncan McMahon's deaths. Holy shit.

Most Disturbing/Gory Scene: Helen performing an appendectomy on herself. I don't think I've ever been more queasy (that does not count She-Bop in v3).

Most Pivotal Scene/Event: Once again, HOTRS and Faraday's.

Most Humourous Scene: It's hard to think about, but most of the earlier scenes. Jimmy waking up, Remi blowing himself up, Dallas blowing himself up...

Most Action-packed Scene: The Gully.

Most Emotionally Moving Scene: *douche who can't give one answer* Duncan & Simon's deaths, and Rena's breakdown in the Tunnels.

Most Drama-filled Scene: Finalizing Plans. Yeah, one of my (previous) characters was there, but it was hard to tell what was going to happen. Two rolled characters in a thread - who's going to kill who?

Most Unexpected Scene: Alex White monologues for a book and a half in the tunnels. tl;dr you rarely see in stuff like SOTF.

Most Tragic Death: Duncan and Simon. Stop asking plz.

Most Violent Death: Robert Lerger - chainsaw is not fun.

Most Disturbing Death: Brock's death.

Most Unexpected Death: The six early non-roll deaths. Apart from Eric and Chris, I wasn't expecting many of them.

Most Original/Unorthodox Death: I dunno. Two appendix-related deaths is a pretty good record, both R.J. Lowe and Helen Wilson have that little one-up on the competition.

Most Humorous Death: I do not find such a morbid matter amusing.

There's five people left - who are you counting on to be the overall winner of SOTFv4? Kimberly or Ericka.

How do you predict the ending of SOTFv4 is going to turn out? Good I suppose.

If you could change ANYTHING that has happened thus far, what would you change? Nope. Certain OOC things, but nothing that happened in-story.

How do you think V5 will differ from V4? Other than obvious factors (different characters, different backstory, different island, different events, new rules), the tone will be different. Nearly everyone who's in v5 pre game atm has had experience writing in either Mini or v4 or beyond, so I'm pretty sure that keeping a serious and deadly tone throughout (which v4 kinda failed to do with so many comedy characters and scenes) will be an almost non-issue.

How much did you enjoy/not enjoy SOTFv4? It was fun for my first real writing experience. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

What do you like the most about SOTFv4? Being in v4. And one of my characters making the final rolls (by default anyway, since she was as much Ciel's and infinityhype's character as mine).

What do you think could have been better about SOTFv4? The realism police need to get a life.

How would you compare SOTF to the original BR? I wouldn't.

How do you feel about the upcoming ENDING of SOTF V4? Pretty excited.

Do you think V5 will be any more or less enjoyable than V4/V3/V2/V1, or the same? Well, I'm hoping it's better than v4, it will be pretty damn better than 1 or 2, but it has to go a pretty long way to be better than v3.

What do you think of the overall 'SOTF' story? S'fine.

How do you feel about v5? Can't wait.

Talk About Yourself

What has been your favorite thing to write in v4? Brendan/Peter from Peripeteia to The Cavalry Arrives.

Which of your v4 characters was your favorite to write? Different stages. In pre game, it was Paige. At the start of the game was Jacob. Somewhere after Clio's death was Maf and Aston. After a while it was Brendan. After he left, it was Aston all the way. Overall, Aston was my favourite though.

Which was your favorite thread to participate in? The Beggar King and The Gully, followed extremely closely by Cracking. You rock, storyspoiler.

What are you proudest of in v4? Aston full stop.

What do you wish you could improve? Every damn thing. I'm a pretty self-loathing writer.

What is your favorite OOC memory of v4? Getting my first BDA nomination. After that, skipping school to evacuate Brendan from the island in the escape thread.

What is your favorite v4 memory overall? Starting it, then being here throughout to the finish.

What else would you like to share? Anything goes! Every single one of the five handlers in endgame has the potential and capacity to do a fantastic piece of work, no matter what any of you think. From face to MK to TDS, we will see a great end result no matter what from every single one of them.

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
v4
Brendan Wallace is a coward.
Clio Gabriella wanted to go home.
Paige Strand needed to run.
Jacob Charles had to put back his pieces.
Aston Bennett was better than you.
Ma'afu Tuigamala made the ultimate mistake.
[+] Spoiler
v5
Janie Sinneave wanted to ride in the clouds.
[+] Spoiler
v6
Maxim Kehlenbrink did nothing wrong.
[+] Spoiler
Ezra Landau - "Pretty sure the point of life is to indulge and be pretty." - Philosophy
Hayden Lockwood - "Come to the march this Saturday and I'll show you a good time." - Pride
Allegra Varley - "Bet you I can jump from here to that boat." - Risk
Truann Coleman - "Please stop saying that." - Rage
Anya Van Doren - "Dunno why I did it. Dunno why it's your business." - Duplicity

Stark
Leader

November 12th, 2011, 10:21 am #10

The Basics

Handler Name: Stark

Your Trademark Character: R.J. Lowe

Current Status of Trademark Character: Never stood a chance, poor guy.

Favourite Character: Ivan Kuznetsov.

Favourite Weapon: Make mine Moxie.

Favourite Scene: The Eighth Announcement. PERMANENTLY CHANGIN' THE GAME, HATER.

Favourite Death: Ethan Goddamn Kent. If you gotta go out, go out in style.

Favourite Quote: "Always cheat, always win."

Favourite Thread: House of the Rising Sun.

Favourite Post: snap. Amazing what context can do for one little word.

Favourite Location: My bias may be showing, but the tunnels have a special place in my heart.

Most Evolutionary Character: While I was never high on Alice Boucher, her character development was, in retrospect, surprisingly fascinating.

Most Revolutionary Character: Ethan Goddamn Kent. I refuse to believe his middle name is anything else.

Most Unorthodox/Original Character: I won't lie, I can name a dozen characters off the top of my head who were more unique, but Annaliese Hanson gets the edge for being the most unique character for whom I'd use the term in a complimentary manner.

Most Realistically-Portrayed Character: Hayley Kelly may not sound like the most likely answer to this question, but I swear to god I dated her in college, so I'm going to roll with it. Among those who don't remind me of anyone, though, Nick LeMonde stands out.

Most Heroic Character: Ethan Goddamn Kent died for your sins.

Most Villainous Character: I don't want to go with the obvious answer, but I can't come up with an argument for anyone else that could trump the detached, self-satisfied breed of psychopathy provided by Maxwell Lombardi.

Most Tragic Character: Roman Jackson. Good lord.

Most Humorous Character: He kind of tailed away from it later on, but on the whole, Jimmy Brennan had the best body of work.

More Characterization

Which character did you relate to the most? Other than the self-insert? I totally feel Ivan's feel. And not for the obvious reasons.

Which character did you feel the most for? Oh man, between Maria Graham, Eve Walker-Luther, and Dutchy, the three of them just absolutely play Canon in D with my heartstrings.

Which character do you feel 'played the game' the best? Stop me if you've heard this one before, but Ethan Goddamn Kent. You can try the old fashioned way if you want, ask Dodd and Riz how that worked for them. In my mind, you don't truly win the game unless you break it.

Which character do you think had it the worst? Bias again, but Eve has been my choice from day one for this. I have a thing about teen moms where they're kind of my berserk button.

Which character would you be willing to kill yourself? R.J. Lowe. What a dick.

Which character do you think should NOT have died? Again, Eve.

Which character do you think deserves to die? Or for the characters already dead, which character do you think totally had it coming? I could give so many different answers to this. There's been no shortage of assholes this time around, and really, they're fictional, so it's not like I have to feel bad about it.

The Drama Category

Most Tragic Scene: Tabi's death. I'm sorry, I just have sand in my eye, excuse me.

Most Disturbing/Gory Scene: Bloodgarden. The less said there, the better.

Most Pivotal Scene/Event: This isn't even a question. Announcement Eight. We're talking left-me-wondering-how-a-V5-would-be-possible kind of pivotal.

Most Humourous Scene: Jimmy Brennan losing his shit. Any given instance.

Most Action-packed Scene: What do you call an act like that?

Most Emotionally Moving Scene: See Most Tragic.

Most Drama-filled Scene: The Escape.

Most Unexpected Scene: Liz Polanski disabling her collar.

Most Tragic Death: I think we've covered this, yeah?

Most Violent Death: Vivien's death, carried out with all the dignity and grace of The Human Centipede.

Most Disturbing Death: I didn't want to mention anything I wrote, but the fact that I helped make Rekka Saionji's death possible disturbs me in itself. I hope never to use the word "concave" to describe a human head again.

Most Unexpected Death: Let's be honest. You didn't think they'd really summon a bear, did you?

Most Original/Unorthodox Death: On a sort of meta level, Richard Han deserves credit for creative use of the medium. Story-wise, though, it's always a delight, to me, to see a joke weapon put to effective use, and it's never been done more memorably than Jimmy's Moxie.

Most Humorous Death: Richard gets this one all to himself, though.

There's five people left - who are you counting on to be the overall winner of SOTFv4? As much as I want a girl to win, I want a likeable character to win more, so I'm pulling for Ivan all the way.

How do you predict the ending of SOTFv4 is going to turn out? I'm going to go out on a limb and say that they all die in the final fight.

If you could change ANYTHING that has happened thus far, what would you change? I would have read more of the second half.

How do you think V5 will differ from V4? Other than obvious factors (different characters, different backstory, different island, different events, new rules) Boy, that doesn't leave much.

How much did you enjoy/not enjoy SOTFv4? What I was present for, I wouldn't trade for anything.

What do you like the most about SOTFv4? That because we were able to pull off something of this scale to the degree we did, I may never truly be able to objectively answer this question. There were 276 stories to be told, each one memorable in its own way, intersecting with one another like a spiderweb. It's a sight to behold, really.

What do you think could have been better about SOTFv4? While it's come a long way from its humble beginnings with regards to realism, we weren't without our snags here and there, to be completely honest. Also, we could stand to be a bit more active in V5. I'm honestly surprised it was only 32.

How would you compare SOTF to the original BR? nope.avi

How do you feel about the upcoming ENDING of SOTF V4? Just a big congratulation shout out to everyone still in it. Other than that, we'll just have to see how it plays out.

Do you think V5 will be any more or less enjoyable than V4/V3/V2/V1, or the same? It will most certainly be interesting to watch it unfold, but I won't speak to comparative quality until more is set in stone.

What do you think of the overall 'SOTF' story? That we could satisfactorily conclude with V4, but with confidence in the minds behind the story to make it work.

How do you feel about v5? We'll see. We'll see.

Talk About Yourself

What has been your favorite thing to write in v4? R.J.'s final note to Mary-Ann is one of the few things I'm truly proud of about my contributions to SotF.

Which of your v4 characters was your favorite to write? Well, I didn't write the other two a whole lot, so...

Which was your favorite thread to participate in? Feral Intelligence. Before that, R.J. and Mary-Ann just sort of bounced from thread to thread, trying to get a rhythm going, but once he got there, it was the first time he really felt like he was doing more than just passing through.

What are you proudest of in v4? As above.

What do you wish you could improve? Everything. And really, no matter how much I improve at everything, I'm only going to want to keep improving. So stop bugging me about it. Sheesh.

What is your favorite OOC memory of v4? Never Have I Ever in chat. Truly a learning experience for everyone.

What is your favorite v4 memory overall? Meeting, and having the opportunity to RP with, the best goddamn bunch of writers I've ever seen in action.

What else would you like to share? Anything goes! I think that's it, actually! Here's to staying put all the way through V5. Cheers!
<Mimi>: You are much nicer than I thought you'd be!
<Stark>: Shut up, fatty.

Acidic
Leader

November 12th, 2011, 3:56 pm #11

The Basics

Handler Name: Acidic

Your Trademark Character: None

Current Status of Trademark Character: Being nothing.

Favourite Character: Way too many I enjoyed reading.

Favourite Weapon: Can't think of one.

Favourite Scene: Ah man, so many. I'm going to say when Janet and Jay met in "Grace" Under Pressure. It was the first thread I read, and it stuck with me.

Favourite Death: Too many good ones to decide from, but I'm gonna say Winnie Clark's death.

Favourite Quote: Can't think of any I'm attached to.

Favourite Thread: "Grace" Under Pressure

Favourite Post: I can't remember which announcement it was, but the one where Liz decided to keep breaking cameras.

Favourite Location: Logging Road

Most Evolutionary Character: I dunno, sorry.

Most Revolutionary Character: Liz, Ethan, and Team Ego get point. Also, Dorian (not a student, but you never specified so neener)

Most Unorthodox/Original Character: Well, I'm going to say Pandora Black. She was fun to read.

Most Realistically-Portrayed Character: I think they all did fine for a few exceptions.

Most Heroic Character: Many tried, and for that they get points.

Most Villainous Character: Aaron, Ema, and Maxwell come to mind immediately.

Most Tragic Character: I guess everyone, but those who died the first day, I think, get to me.

Most Humorous Character: Jimmy Brennen comes to mind.

More Characterization

Which character did you relate to the most? Liz, because when Danya made the "One Camera = One Life" happen my first thought was, "Lets see how many Danya's willing to kill then."

Which character did you feel the most for?

Which character do you feel 'played the game' the best? Aaron and Ema where doing well, and Erika whoe is still alive.

Which character do you think had it the worst? Many had it bad, but Kimberly got shot the first day. That's gotta suck.

Which character would you be willing to kill yourself? Hayley and Maxwell were obviously mad dogs.

Which character do you think should NOT have died? Well, obviously all of them.

Which character do you think deserves to die? Or for the characters already dead, which character do you think totally had it coming? Of those dead: Aaron, Staffan, Hayley, Maxwell, and Alex White. There were many who needed taking down, but those are the ones who needed taking down. Still alive: I'd only want two to win, and that'll be seen later.

The Drama Category

Most Tragic Scene: It's hard to really hit me, but Jimmy's and Alex's deaths goes here for me. Just the fact they were willing to keep going after each other with all the damage they took was sad.

Most Disturbing/Gory Scene: See above.

Most Pivotal Scene/Event: Liz disables her collar, and the rescue.

Most Humourous Scene: Can't think of it atm, sorry.

Most Action-packed Scene: The Aristocrats again.

Most Emotionally Moving Scene: Sarah Atwell's death.

Most Drama-filled Scene: The Aristocrats, again. For I'm a broken record.

Most Unexpected Scene: Aaron killed Fiona. I never expected him to kill someone.

Most Tragic Death: Maria's legit depressed me.

Most Violent Death: Bill Davis being shanked with a broken mirror.

Most Disturbing Death: Jimmy's and Alex's. There probably many I'm missing, and I'm a broken record yhatta, yhatta, yhatta

Most Original/Unorthodox Death: The flare gun death.

Most Humorous Death: There was one that got me to giggle, but I can't remember it atm. Sorry.

There's five people left - who are you counting on to be the overall winner of SOTFv4? Ivan and Kimberly are the only ones I want to live.

How do you predict the ending of SOTFv4 is going to turn out? Win if no one goes inactive.

If you could change ANYTHING that has happened thus far, what would you change? Inactivity. Too many, but I'm secretly thankful since that mean we can get to V5 sooner >.>

How do you think V5 will differ from V4? The newbs like me have been waiting, biding our time in the mini's.

How much did you enjoy/not enjoy SOTFv4? I would've stuck around if I didn't like it.

What do you like the most about SOTFv4? The diversity of characters.

What do you think could have been better about SOTFv4? So. Many. Characters.

How would you compare SOTF to the original BR? More in depth with it's characters here than in BR.

How do you feel about the upcoming ENDING of SOTF V4? Win.

Do you think V5 will be any more or less enjoyable than V4/V3/V2/V1, or the same? More, because I'll be in it. XD

What do you think of the overall 'SOTF' story? Seems alright, but I need to do more reading.

How do you feel about v5? I'm looking forward to it.

Talk About Yourself

I'm skipping this, since I wasn't in this version.

Lars Nylund "Shit, I was here for something."
Shopping -> Shooting
Edith West "Who the hell is editing my posts?"
Flirting
Caleb Matthews "Don't worry, Bro. We're still cool."
Refereeing

[+] Spoiler
Sean "I want to watch sensual, gentle porn. He wants to watch a woman with no legs being spun on a 10 inch rock hard cock with her arms out like a helicopter."

SpiralAgnel You've never lived until you've pounded on the lid of a garbage bin to fit over a dozen dead chickens and geese into it, and each time you do it it honks at you.

KilmarnockSHUT UP MY DICK IS REAL

Rosiee(pfft air holes water. she could have stored oxygen in her vag)

Mimi I'M THE QUEEN OF BAD WORDING.
DrRoy ME TOO MIMI

Mimi Dom >:c
Mimi be nice to Barney
Mimi go shit on his lap

Jacksoncan't handle what you just said mimi
A journey of a thousand miles ends with one,
"Fuck this, lets play video games."

-------------------------------------

I will always welcome constructive criticism through PMs.

November 12th, 2011, 8:52 pm #12

This is when I wish I'd read more of V4...

The Basics

Handler Name: xylophonefairy

Your Trademark Character: Er, I don't really know which one was my trademark...

Current Status of Trademark Character: They're all dead, unless it was Acacia, in which case she's currently having a bitch fight with Alex Jackson in Post-Game

Favourite Character: I don't know! This question sucks.

Favourite Weapon: Trumpet. That thing got loads of people off the island.

Favourite Scene: The Cavalry Arrives

Favourite Death: I suck at coming up with global favourites for things. I quite liked Ema Ryan's though.

Favourite Quote: "I'm fine. And I made it here all alone with no help from anyone. Can you say the same? Can you survive all on your own?" - Autumn McLeary. That one stuck with me for some reason.

Favourite Thread: Escape threads

Favourite Post: 8th Announcement

Favourite Location: Infirmary (I think it's the medic in me)

Most Evolutionary Character: Kitty Gitschall

Most Revolutionary Character: Liz Polanski and Ethan Kent between them managed to change the entire course of the game, so I think they can share this.

Most Unorthodox/Original Character: I always though Peter Siu was quite unique.

Most Realistically-Portrayed Character: We did wonders with realism this time round, so I really don't know!

Most Heroic Character: Ethan Kent

Most Villainous Character: I've got to go for Liam Brooks. He's creeeeeepy.

Most Tragic Character: Leila had a pretty rubbish time of things, but she did survive for quite a while.

Most Humorous Character: I always found the Dave/Isabel interaction amusing.

More Characterization

Which character did you relate to the most? Well I'd say Helen cos she was a bit of a self insert.

Which character did you feel the most for? Leila Langford, so nearly made it into the final five!

Which character do you feel 'played the game' the best? Everyone who's still alive (including escaped characters) obviously did something right. Also Aaron Hughes.

Which character do you think had it the worst? All the ones who died on day 1. Bad times.

Which character would you be willing to kill yourself? Maxwell Lombardi. I don't feel like he did the "British villain" stereotype any favours... Heh.

Which character do you think should NOT have died? OH lots. Feo springs to mind.

Which character do you think deserves to die? Or for the characters already dead, which character do you think totally had it coming? All the players had/have it coming.

The Drama Category

Most Tragic Scene: There were a whole bunch of death scenes that did this for me.

Most Disturbing/Gory Scene: Maxwell Lombardi's death was kinda gross

Most Pivotal Scene/Event: Rescue threads

Most Humourous Scene: The second part of GRAVITYYYY

Most Action-packed Scene: The ones with the AT chasing Liz

Most Emotionally Moving Scene: Annaliese's death

Most Drama-filled Scene: The one with the AT's chasing Liz. The Gully?

Most Unexpected Scene: Liz melting her collar and her neck. I was even in that thread. Still unexpected.

Most Tragic Death: Annaliese Hansen

Most Violent Death: Some of the Bloodgarden ones were pretty messed up

Most Disturbing Death: Again, Maxwell Lombardi

Most Unexpected Death: The guy right at the beginning, Dallas Reynolds? That post made me jump.

Most Original/Unorthodox Death: Moxie death. I didn't even know what Moxie was until recently. I like seeing joke weapons used for something though.

Most Humorous Death: Is it really boring to say Richard Han?

There's five people left - who are you counting on to be the overall winner of SOTFv4? I suck at predictions, srsly. Let's say Ericka. TDS has had incredible luck with the rolls so maybe that'll continue!

How do you predict the ending of SOTFv4 is going to turn out? I reckon we'll get down to one person left, but Greynolds et al will have already made their escape, so the winner will just be mooching round on the island for days with only dead bodies for company and no one left to kill them, begging the cameras to let them go free but nobody's watching. Oh and I think a girl's gonna win. Just cos of odds.

If you could change ANYTHING that has happened thus far, what would you change? I would have read more of it while there was still a manageable amount to read.

How do you think V5 will differ from V4? The lack of Danya throughout will change the whole feel of it fairly dramatically I think.

How much did you enjoy/not enjoy SOTFv4? IT WAS TOTALLY WORTH WAITING A REALLY REALLY LONG TIME FOR!!!

What do you like the most about SOTFv4? Just being a part of it.

What do you think could have been better about SOTFv4? Fewer characters maybe, it was really hard to keep up.

How would you compare SOTF to the original BR? Ooh, uh, I can answer this now as I've finally gotten around to reading BR. I think it's on a different level, it's just so much bigger. BR follows three characters pretty much, whereas with SOTF you can follow one person through the whole thing and I think that's really awesome.

How do you feel about the upcoming ENDING of SOTF V4? Kinda sad actually. My first SOTF coming to an end. Also excited because it'll be awesome.

Do you think V5 will be any more or less enjoyable than V4/V3/V2/V1, or the same? Equally or more, depends on what happens really. But I'm also not sure, are we going to go every version trying to be more epic than the one before?

What do you think of the overall 'SOTF' story? -hugs laptop-

How do you feel about v5? Excited, hoping I'm still gonna have time to take part when it rolls around </med student angst>

Talk About Yourself

What has been your favorite thing to write in v4? Helen's appendectomy was quite fun I guess.

Which of your v4 characters was your favorite to write? Ummm. I honestly don't know. They were all fun.

Which was your favorite thread to participate in? House of the Rising Sun/YYZ

What are you proudest of in v4? Getting to be a part of Team Ego

What do you wish you could improve? Creativity - all the interesting things that happened to my characters were usually a result of someone else having a bright idea. I need to come up with some fun storylines too, return the favour!

What is your favorite OOC memory of v4? Winning a BDA. Sitting in chat during the countdown to the escape plot closing was quite exciting too.

What is your favorite v4 memory overall? Oh, uh, I think it was just the bit about a third of the way though when Maddy was dead (three characters are easier to manage than 4), Acacia and Roman were still hanging out together, Neill, Bobby and Ray were still hanging out together, and Helen was helping with the whole rescue thingy. Just the general character happiness, and feeling involved, that was good.

What else would you like to share? Anything goes! <3
the world is on my side
i have no reason to run
[+] Spoiler
++ G018 Acacia Salinger - FN Barracuda [6/6] - hi mom... it's me ++
STATUS: ELIMINATED, and living happily ever after [59/276] ~ &#10084; &#10084; &#10084; &#10084; &#10084; &#10084; &#10084; &#10084; &#10084; Post-game: &#10084; &#10084;

++ G033 Maddy Stone - Machete - i pray the lord my soul to take ++
STATUS: DECEASED, and probably a bit mouldy by now [196/276] ~ &#10014; &#10014; &#10014; &#10014; &#10014;

++ B021 Neill Robertson - Skateboard - as if we're gonna get rescued... ++
STATUS: DECEASED, written his final, awful, bit of prose [40/276] ~ &#9998; &#9998; &#9998; &#9998; &#9998; &#9998;

++ G100 Helen Wilson - Glowsticks [6] - can you open your eyes? ++
STATUS: DECEASED, almost escaped, but died first [86/276] ~ &#10047; &#10047; &#10047; &#10047; &#10047; &#10047; &#10047; &#10047;
shiny shiny V5 concepts (now with clickies)
Phoebe Cho - I shall be playing Mendelssohn's Violin Concerto in E minor. Wizard!
Harry Hanley - I've got Hershey's at half price today! Get 'em quick before I have rehearsal!
Lor Van Diepen - I'm gonna make a video later. About running. Does that sum me up enough?

Mimi
Winner

November 13th, 2011, 10:53 pm #13

The Basics

Handler Name: Mimi, Mumu, Moomoo ANY VARIATION PICK YOUR OWN ADVENTURE.

Your Trademark Character: Probably Sierra Manning?

Current Status of Trademark Character: Inactive killed by her bestest friend :c

Favourite Character: Jen Perez/Aislyn McCreery/Feo Eleri Smith. Clearly I'm a big fat sexist.

Favourite Weapon: Still the tire ironnnn. I'm refuse to leave SOTF until I get my hands on a tire iron.

Favourite Scene: Ohhh, that's tricky. Probably Acacia Salinger euthanizing Roman Jackson.

Favourite Death: Aislyn, bitch definitely could've taken it home had she gotten to the end. The mutual murders of Charlotte Cave and Jaclyn Krushe is right up there too!

Favourite Quote: "And you, behind Duncan. Stop crying, you're embarrasing youself. And by the way, this oar is mine now." Feo Eleri Smith showing that beautiful, beautiful bitch streak <3

Favourite Thread: If That Looking Glass Gets Broke, Rose is good at everything, but she especially nailed it with Dom's descent into crazy-land.

Favourite Post: Hallucinogenic's single 'crack' post really jumps out at me. As far as something more substantial, I'll always love Jen Perez musing in Somewhere That's Green

Favourite Location: The Gazebo!

Most Evolutionary Character: I loved watching Isabel Guerra finally give her dad a good bitching in Post-Game. Pandora Black's evolution from comic relief to serious character was nice as well!

Most Revolutionary Character: Mmm, Ethan Kent for sure. He more or less single handedly saved a good portion of Bayview.

Most Unorthodox/Original Character: Julian Avery was something pretty new, wasn't he?

Most Realistically-Portrayed Character: Acacia Salinger! Xylophone is fantastic at capturing how real people would react in situations and I'm super envious of that!

Most Heroic Character: V4 was full of douchebags, honestly. I mean, I guess Ethan and Feo were begrudging heroes?

Most Villainous Character: Oh lord. Master-manipulator Aaron Hughes, of course.

Most Tragic Character: Nick Reid springs to mind, but his tragedy came in the form of creepy-pants crazy.

Most Humorous Character: I remember being super amused by Mia Kuiper.

More Characterization

Which character did you relate to the most? Anyone who cried and hid.

Which character did you feel the most for? Leila Langford, poor chicky got ruined on the island. Along with Helen Wilson, who died right before getting rescued.

Which character do you feel 'played the game' the best? Aaron Hughes and his ability to keep blood off his hands while still getting his way!

Which character do you think had it the worst? Leila and her broken down self!

Which character would you be willing to kill yourself? I'm a lover not a fighter~~

Which character do you think should NOT have died? AISLYN, CAUSE I'M A BROKEN RECORD.

Which character do you think deserves to die? Or for the characters already dead, which character do you think totally had it coming? Liam definitely had it coming.

The Drama Category

Most Tragic Scene: Aislyn's death

Most Disturbing/Gory Scene: Oh jeez, maybe the imagery of Francine Moreau's death? :s

Most Pivotal Scene/Event: STAR coming to rescue to kids!

Most Humourous Scene: Anything with Team Ego!

Most Action-packed Scene: Mmm, can't think of one at the moment :c

Most Emotionally Moving Scene: Liz pissed me off in every scene she was in.

Most Drama-filled Scene: Aaron vs. Aston vs. Tabi & Ivan

Most Unexpected Scene: Leila Langford assisting Hillary Strand's suicide.

Most Tragic Death: Jessica Pentagelli committing suicide

Most Violent Death: The Bloodgarden murders perhaps?

Most Disturbing Death: Dom Stratford, probably.

Most Unexpected Death: AISLYN. Sue me :c.

Most Original/Unorthodox Death: Charlotte Cave vs. Jaclyn Krushe

Most Humorous Death: None really.

There's five people left - who are you counting on to be the overall winner of SOTFv4? Ilario better bring it hoooome. I'd say Kim, but it'd ruin my chances to have the first female winner :c

How do you predict the ending of SOTFv4 is going to turn out? Not sure!

If you could change ANYTHING that has happened thus far, what would you change? Getting two jobs and going inactive.

How do you think V5 will differ from V4? Mmm! I think people are gonna be more willing to have different character concepts, less of the 'loner anime fan' things!

How much did you enjoy/not enjoy SOTFv4? I loved reading every else's characters, but I didn't really enjoy my own too much while writing them because I'd stress about everything having to be perfect and it just took all the fun away.

What do you like the most about SOTFv4? Definitely the characters and the terrorist plot twists!

What do you think could have been better about SOTFv4? There are so many overlooked characters this season, it would've been nice to see a couple of them get the attention they deserved.

How would you compare SOTF to the original BR? WE DID IT BETTER.

How do you feel about the upcoming ENDING of SOTF V4? Should be awesomeee. I had the utmost faith in the handlers involved!

Do you think V5 will be any more or less enjoyable than V4/V3/V2/V1, or the same? On a personal level, I think I'll enjoy it more!

What do you think of the overall 'SOTF' story? What's not to love?

How do you feel about v5? I think it'll be just as good, if not better!

Talk About Yourself

What has been your favorite thing to write in v4? Sierra and Josie's relationship!

Which of your v4 characters was your favorite to write? Probably Gracie, I really got to let my bitch flag fly with her.

Which was your favorite thread to participate in? We Are The Sleepyheads!

What are you proudest of in v4? Winning the first character of the month!

What do you wish you could improve? I'm going to make a conscious effort in v5 to write for /myself/, not to write to impress other people. Trying to make everything perfection drains the fun, trust me.

What is your favorite OOC memory of v4? MY FACEBOOK MARRIAGE AND SUBSEQUENT ADOPTION.

What is your favorite v4 memory overall? Writing with my Chelseabear!

What else would you like to share? Anything goes! I'm really excited for the new Muppets Movie, Miss Piggy is my hero.

Jonny
Leader

November 14th, 2011, 6:55 am #14

The Basics

Handler Name: Jonny

Your Trademark Character: It was always Charlie.

Current Status of Trademark Character: Happy

Favourite Character: Kimberly Nguyen

Favourite Weapon: Partario

Favourite Scene: The one that's about a hat.

Favourite Death: Hilary Strand

Favourite Quote: Hey Kris, just wanted you to know, I forgive you.

Favourite Thread: Burn On

Favourite Post: When Kimberly kills Kris. This is the best post in SotF history.

Favourite Location: Fire swamp

Most Evolutionary Character: Alice Boucher

Most Revolutionary Character: There are only two characters that ever get named for this one and they are both the correct choice.

Most Unorthodox/Original Character: Mizore had a take on the island that I don't think we've ever seen before. And then she had to fall in love, the nitwit!

Most Realistically-Portrayed Character: Fuck realism

Most Heroic Character: Mirabelle Nessa

Most Villainous Character: Aaron Hughes

Most Tragic Character: Raidon Naoko

Most Humorous Character: Milo Taylor

More Characterization

Which character did you relate to the most? Aaron Hughes

Which character did you feel the most for? Ily

Which character do you feel 'played the game' the best? I'd go for Aaron again but... that kind of manipulation was always gonna collapse on itself. Ericka's done well for herself, hasn't she? Very dangerous without making herself a target.

Which character do you think had it the worst? Ily again

Which character would you be willing to kill yourself? I kinda don't kill people

Which character do you think should NOT have died? All of them, Raidon being the most salient subset of all of them

Which character do you think deserves to die? Or for the characters already dead, which character do you think totally had it coming? Stop this nonsense

The Drama Category

Most Tragic Scene: When people didn't get rescued

Most Disturbing/Gory Scene: Brock Mason's death

Most Pivotal Scene/Event: A couple of boats show up

Most Humourous Scene: The Only Way is Up

Most Action-packed Scene: Max vs Raidon II

Most Drama-filled Scene: The Gully

Most Unexpected Scene: Holy fuck there are boats

Most Tragic Death: Hilary Strand

Most Violent Death: Eve Walker-Luther

Most Disturbing Death: The aforementioned Brock Mason

Most Original/Unorthodox Death: Richard Han

Most Humorous Death: Richard Han again

There's five people left - who are you counting on to be the overall winner of SOTFv4? Kimberly

How do you predict the ending of SOTFv4 is going to turn out? Nothing I predict ever comes true

If you could change ANYTHING that has happened thus far, what would you change? Would've worked up the courage to tell Toben I love him before he shipped off to the front

How do you think V5 will differ from V4? Hopefully

How much did you enjoy/not enjoy SOTFv4? Enjoyed it pretty well

What do you like the most about SOTFv4? All my threadmates who put up with my bullshit

What do you think could have been better about SOTFv4? Less hostility between members and more of an environment of open constructive criticism

How would you compare SOTF to the original BR? BR is a piece of shit and SotF is not

How do you feel about the upcoming ENDING of SOTF V4? TEAM NGUYEN BRING IT FUCK YEAH

Do you think V5 will be any more or less enjoyable than V4/V3/V2/V1, or the same? The overall arc is upward, so...

What do you think of the overall 'SOTF' story? It's as ridiculous of a setup as ever, but I really liked the developments in staff posts this time around.

How do you feel about v5? Excited!

Talk About Yourself

What has been your favorite thing to write in v4? Haha you think you can get me to narrow it down well you are wrong. For Julian and Charlie, it was their respective deaths. For Jeremy it was either This Scene is About a Hat or Elizabeth

Which of your v4 characters was your favorite to write? Charlie

Which was your favorite thread to participate in? Broken Like the Sun

What are you proudest of in v4? Charlie

What do you wish you could improve? Being better at action and description, not relying on style as much

What is your favorite OOC memory of v4? Any time I told Grim Wolf he was an awesome writer. He gets so adorably humble and bashful it is fucking awesome you should all try it

What is your favorite v4 memory overall? Fuck, these fucking boats

What else would you like to share? Anything goes! TEAM POLANSKI BRING IT FUCK YEAH