Espi
Winner

March 10th, 2017, 4:01 am #11

Ooh, Alice hated this. Seeing Bryony so distraught, feeling upset and helpless, it made Alice angry. She wasn't used to being angry; at most, she felt resigned to accept her fate, even at home when Molly was being bossy. But now, Alice's face felt red and she clenched her hands into fists.

Then as Bryony continued crying, she relaxed. Anger wouldn't make her feel better. "Hey, it's going to be okay. We'll find everyone." Alice moved towards Bryony, tentatively putting a comforting arm over her shoulder. She smiled reassuringly.

"Are you sure Alba and Gary are even here? Not everyone in school ended up here, I don't think. Have you seen them?"

Truth be told, Alice was not nearly as confident as she sounded, but anything to make Bree feel even a little better would be good for her.
V5: Cut Short
Theodore Fletcher
Nina Clarke
Gwen O'Connor

V6: Broken Down
Alice Baker (->Aura)
Henry Spencer
Blair Moore

V7: Unprepared
Rhonda Lawson[/b
Toby Underwood
Paloma Salt

CondorTalon
Player

March 13th, 2017, 4:23 am #12

"Wait... did you say Alba?" Sandra said, after what was probably way too long. It took Sandra a while before it clicked in her brain. It didn't even register to her until Alice repeated it back to her.

Did Bryony run into Alba at some point on the island? No... wait, maybe Bryony had been friends with Alba before this. Sandra didn't know all of Bryony's friends, after all. But it was a stretch, even more of a stretch than Sandra and Bryony being friends, as much sense that analogy made.

But then, if Bryony had run into Alba during her time on the island.

"Did you run into her?" Sandra continued, turning back toward the two girls, and taking some slow steps toward them, "Where was she?"

Alba was here, and Alba was alive, because they hadn't said her name on the announcements. There was still... there was still something she could do.
[+] spoiler
V6:
G009 - Sandra Dyer - Pot lid - [untitled]
G023 - Jennifer Su - Flashlight - Asymptote
G036 - Nancy Kyle - Hatchet - 不安心

V5:
G024 - Yukiko Sakurai - Weed whacker with circular saw attachment - Sunrise
B048 - Corey Esposito - Swedish Made Penis Enhancement Pump - Something Something Movie Reference

V5 Pregame:
Miriam Castille - "U-Um... well, see... I-I seemed to have misplaced m-my books..." - In Transit - It Was Just A Drink
[+] spoiler
Felix Rees
Camellia "Cammy" Walker-Grimsley
Sachi Kobayakawa
Dane Lennox
Catherine Zier
Malcolm Hong
Victoria Tran
Bethany Sadler

Pippin
Winner

March 14th, 2017, 11:07 pm #13

Try as she might to calm down and breathe and force herself out of this, the tears wouldn’t stop flowing, and Bryony’s sobs refused to cease. She buried her face in her hands, glasses pushed up and tangled in her hair. After a few seconds she felt Alice wrap their arm around her shaking shoulders, and she leaned in against her friend, the comforting, familiar feeling calming her down somewhat, but still not enough to stem the flow of tears.

She couldn’t hear Alice’s words of comfort, and she barely heard her follow up questions over her own sobs, and Sandra’s own line of questioning was similarly muffled. Bryony let out one more stifled cry of despair, before furiously rubbing her eyes, huddling closer to Alice to try and stop herself from shaking so much.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry…” she mumbled, desperately pawing at her eyes with her sleeves.

It took several more minutes, but eventually, Bryony stopped shaking. Her eyes were red, her throat was sore, and she looked completely miserable, but she had stopped crying for the moment.

“I’m sorry…” She said again, and against all odds, her delicate, sad smile drifted back on to her face. “This is all just… it’s all just so fucking hard… I thought… Some stupid part of me thought that when I found you two, everything… everything would magically become better again…”

Bryony sniffled, and rested her head against Alice’s shoulder.

“It’s not… it’s not gonna get any easier, is it? But we can’t just, um… give up because of that, can we? We’ll… we’ll find a way.”

Her echo of her previous point, whilst quieter and shakier than its origin, contained more conviction and strength than she had thought was within her. She untangled her glasses from her hair, putting them back on the bridge of her nose. She shuffled slightly, now sitting in a cross legged position, hands clasped in her lap. She looked down at them for a moment, before speaking again.

“Yeah, um, I… I met Alba on the first day. She found me on the beach and she… she, um… she asked if I wanted to join up with her. We spent the first two days together, and then she… she ran off. She was looking for Kimiko, and I tried to, um, follow her, but, um… but I couldn’t keep track of her… I haven’t seen her since. I want… I want to find her again. I need to make sure she’s safe, she… I owe it to her…”

Bryony realised her eyes were misting up again, and she quickly dabbed at them. She couldn’t do it, no matter how hard she tried; she couldn’t tell Alice and Sandra that she’d almost killed herself on the first day and that Alba was the only reason she was still alive. It was bizarre. She’d been able to tell Bridgette, a near total stranger, but she couldn’t tell her closest friends about it?

They had both clearly been through enough already, though. She didn’t need to add the mental images of ‘what-ifs’ and ‘what could have beens’ on top of everything else they were no doubt dealing with.

“I don’t know about Gary, though…” Bryony continued, softly. “I haven’t seen him, and I can’t… um, I can’t remember if he came on the trip. I… I hope he’s…”

Bryony stopped herself as she considered her planned ending to that sentence, another hiccupped sob escaping her mouth instead. The more she thought about it, the more she realised that what she’d originally hoped for was the very last thing she wanted to happen to Gary. So, wiping her eyes one more time, she started again, saying the opposite of what she’d originally intended.

“I hope he didn’t come on the trip…”
[+] spoiler
Lyra Doyle-Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky Land Ho
Current Thread: Lo Mein Event - ?Whatever you need, I've got you covered!?
Katie Agustien-If you wanna start a fight, you better throw the first punch, make it a good one Bastille
Current Thread: he let me set fire to a fleet of ships when no-one else would - ?Maybe we can trade. I get to watch you dance, you get to watch me work out.?
Stepney Cruz-I'm taking back the crown, I'm all dressed up and naked, I see what's mine and take it Memes
Current Thread: Clinging to Loss - ?Didja know this place is supposed to be haunted??
Dean Puchero - By July you'd made a whole bunch of brand new friends, people you used to look down on, and you'd figured out a way to make real money Keane
Current Thread: Generation Loss - ?Oh, and hey, don?t worry ?bout earlier, it?s all cool. I think you?d probably have been hurt worse than me if we?d collided, anyways.?
Aurelien Valter-It's deep in their bones, they'll run into smoke when the fire is fierce Football
Current Thread: I'M A SHARK, I'M A SHAAARK, SUCK MY DIIIIICK, I'M A SHAAARK - ?Goodbye, friend. I will miss you.?
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
V4!
George Leidman (Adopted from Blastinus)
Current location-Paint it Black-DECEASED-Neck broken by Maxwell Lombardi
Weapons-Wallet with German marks, Yatagan, guitar, Savage Model 1907 (.32 ACP)

V5!
B004-Owen Kay-?I don?t... don?t want to die...?-Weapons: Table Leg, Rusty Golf Club-Never Truly Had A Chance

G041-Amy Bachelor-Mike, I... I don?t want to--Weapon: Blackjack-Can't Live On Hope Alone

B024-Francis St. Ledger-?Megan, just... just fuckin? listen to me.?-Weapon: Insulated Blanket-Crossed The Line

V6!

G021-Mia Rose-You can't understand that I won't leave 'til we're finished here, and then you'll find out where it all went wrong
Died in: Elapsam Semel Occasionem Non Ipse Potest Iuppiter Reprehendere
Weapon: Uzi-Pro

G034-Astrid Tate-So what became of loving man, and what became of you?
Died in: End of the Line
Weapon: Pickaxe

G006-Bryony Adams-Burning bright until the end, now you'll be missing from the photographs
Died in: eternitybox
Current Weapon: Deck of playing cards, broken easel leg.
[+] spoiler

Owen, Francis and Amy, all by Mimi

Amy Bachelor, by Violent-Medic

Owen Kay, by Un-Persona

Amy Bachelor, by Mimi

Amy Bachelor, by TurtleTyrant
[+] spoiler
Garren Mortimer-Now you can't get mad, I'm only getting started, I won't blackout
[+] spoiler
Beatrice Briggs and Timothy "Tim" Karim
Nothing In My Way Pippi Fontaine-I'll float on endlessly, senses eluding me, this long horizon to this open sea.
Jamie Mittelman-We will meet you where the lights are, the defenders, of the faith we are
Clover Crescent-Why would I waste another day whilst life just passes by?
Castlevania Ada Bentley-Save your cheers and my applause, I never was worth fighting for
Richard Potter-But if I had one chance to freeze time, and stand still and soak in everything, I'd choose right now
Kerry Gray-We'll finish what we started, so promise me that we'll be the Lionhearted
Marshall Nichols-Maybe that's how books get written, maybe that's why songs get sung, maybe we are the unlucky ones
Gregory "Greg" Gateshead-Built an empire of sound, as the bridges were falling down
Candice Bailey-I feel I can fly, I'm on 678 cloud 9, and ain't nothin gonna stop me
Patty English-We're all in the same boat, staying afloat for the moment
Ophelia Wright-If you're dreaming what I'm dreaming, close your eyes and feel at home
Marina-Cassandra Gro?-And we will never be alone again, 'cause it doesn't happen every day
Boyd Adkinson - And the lights, they glow, like I just lost the world war, and the scene slips away to the evenness I fake
"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017

Espi
Winner

March 17th, 2017, 2:22 am #14

Alice looked out across the island. She couldn't immediately spot anyone out there, but she knew it was early in the day, so most people were probably not out and about too much.

Alba and Gary. She couldn't recall either of them being here, but apparently Bryony had seen Alba personally. So that was one person to find. And if Bryony wanted to find someone, Alice wanted to help her.

"Okay, so...let's get started?" Alice said suddenly. "If we want to find people, we should look, I guess. Right?"

Sudden enthusiasm for this plan filled her. She started making her way down the tower. She'd been lucky to find her best friend, but other people deserved that, too, right? Especially Bree. She deserved whatever good things Alice could provide.

That's what friends did, right?

((Alice Baker continued in Can You Hear Me Calling Out?))
V5: Cut Short
Theodore Fletcher
Nina Clarke
Gwen O'Connor

V6: Broken Down
Alice Baker (->Aura)
Henry Spencer
Blair Moore

V7: Unprepared
Rhonda Lawson[/b
Toby Underwood
Paloma Salt

CondorTalon
Player

March 19th, 2017, 4:13 am #15

Sandra nodded as Bryony explained how she had run into Alba. She explained how Alba had run after Kimiko on the third day. Then, the fact that Alba was still alive...

Bryony was right though... they needed to find Alba. Now that Sandra knew she was here, she had a clear objective in mind to pursue.

She watched as Alice headed over to the stairs, and begin to walk down them.

"I guess we're leaving now, then," she said. She held her hand out to Bryony. "Come on, we can do this," she said, as reassuringly as possible. She flashed her a smile.

Things were going to be okay.

Sell it for Bryony. Because she herself wasn't really buying it.

((Sandra Dyer continued in Can You Hear Me Calling Out?))
[+] spoiler
V6:
G009 - Sandra Dyer - Pot lid - [untitled]
G023 - Jennifer Su - Flashlight - Asymptote
G036 - Nancy Kyle - Hatchet - 不安心

V5:
G024 - Yukiko Sakurai - Weed whacker with circular saw attachment - Sunrise
B048 - Corey Esposito - Swedish Made Penis Enhancement Pump - Something Something Movie Reference

V5 Pregame:
Miriam Castille - "U-Um... well, see... I-I seemed to have misplaced m-my books..." - In Transit - It Was Just A Drink
[+] spoiler
Felix Rees
Camellia "Cammy" Walker-Grimsley
Sachi Kobayakawa
Dane Lennox
Catherine Zier
Malcolm Hong
Victoria Tran
Bethany Sadler

Pippin
Winner

March 22nd, 2017, 1:46 pm #16

“Oh! Oh, um…”

Apparently, just like that, they were leaving. It was the logical thing to do, she supposed, if they wanted to find other people. The chances of everyone they were trying to see again stumbling upon their hiding spot in the tower were practically non-existent. They really couldn’t afford to stay up here for too long, even if their plan had been ‘hide from the world and hope that everything blows over.’ The bell tower was several flights high, and Bryony didn’t want to test how fast she could descend them when she was racing against the danger zone timer.

Yet despite that, she didn’t want to leave the tower. Not just yet. She had felt something over the past few hours, something she had never expected to feel on the island. Something she sometimes struggled to feel back home as well.

She had felt safe.

She still knew that all of her problems hadn’t been magically solved, just because she’d finally found Alice and Sandra, because nothing short of a miracle could completely fix this situation. But she had gone to sleep last night without sitting bolt upright at every suspicious sound. She hadn’t had to worry about whether she could trust the people she was staying with. She had just been huddled up with two of her friends, supporting and caring for each other, and smiling, somehow smiling, on this hellhole of an island. She was worried that, as soon as she stepped out through the bell tower’s entrance, that feeling of safety would be broken.

Bryony looked up at Sandra, looked at her outstretched hand, uncertainty written across her face. Then Sandra smiled, and after a moment, Bryony did as well. Delicately, she took hold of Sandra’s hand, and pulled herself up.

“Okay…”

She was still going to be with her friends. They weren’t going to up and abandon her, or betray her, or anything like that. They had plans to work towards. Find weapons. Find their friends. See where they would go from there. There would, she hoped, be time to huddle up in safety later. But not now. She’d set herself a mantra, and now was the time to follow it. Now was the time to keep moving forwards.

“Oh, um… hang on…”

Bryony hastily dug her hand into her pocket, and pulled out the next card in the pack, wedging it into a hairline crack in the railings. Then she turned back to Sandra, smiling again.

“Okay, let’s… let’s do this…”

Find Alba. Find Gary, if he was even here. Find anyone else they needed to. Then, after that?

Well. They’d have to cross that bridge when they came to it.

((Bryony Adams continued in Can You Hear Me Calling Out?))
[+] spoiler
Lyra Doyle-Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky Land Ho
Current Thread: Lo Mein Event - ?Whatever you need, I've got you covered!?
Katie Agustien-If you wanna start a fight, you better throw the first punch, make it a good one Bastille
Current Thread: he let me set fire to a fleet of ships when no-one else would - ?Maybe we can trade. I get to watch you dance, you get to watch me work out.?
Stepney Cruz-I'm taking back the crown, I'm all dressed up and naked, I see what's mine and take it Memes
Current Thread: Clinging to Loss - ?Didja know this place is supposed to be haunted??
Dean Puchero - By July you'd made a whole bunch of brand new friends, people you used to look down on, and you'd figured out a way to make real money Keane
Current Thread: Generation Loss - ?Oh, and hey, don?t worry ?bout earlier, it?s all cool. I think you?d probably have been hurt worse than me if we?d collided, anyways.?
Aurelien Valter-It's deep in their bones, they'll run into smoke when the fire is fierce Football
Current Thread: I'M A SHARK, I'M A SHAAARK, SUCK MY DIIIIICK, I'M A SHAAARK - ?Goodbye, friend. I will miss you.?
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
V4!
George Leidman (Adopted from Blastinus)
Current location-Paint it Black-DECEASED-Neck broken by Maxwell Lombardi
Weapons-Wallet with German marks, Yatagan, guitar, Savage Model 1907 (.32 ACP)

V5!
B004-Owen Kay-?I don?t... don?t want to die...?-Weapons: Table Leg, Rusty Golf Club-Never Truly Had A Chance

G041-Amy Bachelor-Mike, I... I don?t want to--Weapon: Blackjack-Can't Live On Hope Alone

B024-Francis St. Ledger-?Megan, just... just fuckin? listen to me.?-Weapon: Insulated Blanket-Crossed The Line

V6!

G021-Mia Rose-You can't understand that I won't leave 'til we're finished here, and then you'll find out where it all went wrong
Died in: Elapsam Semel Occasionem Non Ipse Potest Iuppiter Reprehendere
Weapon: Uzi-Pro

G034-Astrid Tate-So what became of loving man, and what became of you?
Died in: End of the Line
Weapon: Pickaxe

G006-Bryony Adams-Burning bright until the end, now you'll be missing from the photographs
Died in: eternitybox
Current Weapon: Deck of playing cards, broken easel leg.
[+] spoiler

Owen, Francis and Amy, all by Mimi

Amy Bachelor, by Violent-Medic

Owen Kay, by Un-Persona

Amy Bachelor, by Mimi

Amy Bachelor, by TurtleTyrant
[+] spoiler
Garren Mortimer-Now you can't get mad, I'm only getting started, I won't blackout
[+] spoiler
Beatrice Briggs and Timothy "Tim" Karim
Nothing In My Way Pippi Fontaine-I'll float on endlessly, senses eluding me, this long horizon to this open sea.
Jamie Mittelman-We will meet you where the lights are, the defenders, of the faith we are
Clover Crescent-Why would I waste another day whilst life just passes by?
Castlevania Ada Bentley-Save your cheers and my applause, I never was worth fighting for
Richard Potter-But if I had one chance to freeze time, and stand still and soak in everything, I'd choose right now
Kerry Gray-We'll finish what we started, so promise me that we'll be the Lionhearted
Marshall Nichols-Maybe that's how books get written, maybe that's why songs get sung, maybe we are the unlucky ones
Gregory "Greg" Gateshead-Built an empire of sound, as the bridges were falling down
Candice Bailey-I feel I can fly, I'm on 678 cloud 9, and ain't nothin gonna stop me
Patty English-We're all in the same boat, staying afloat for the moment
Ophelia Wright-If you're dreaming what I'm dreaming, close your eyes and feel at home
Marina-Cassandra Gro?-And we will never be alone again, 'cause it doesn't happen every day
Boyd Adkinson - And the lights, they glow, like I just lost the world war, and the scene slips away to the evenness I fake
"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017