CondorTalon
Player

November 12th, 2016, 11:28 pm #11

((Skipping for activity.))

"So?" Nancy replied.

She kept the gun up, because neither of them had moved. They were looking at her now, but neither of them had moved.

"Where is he, then?" she asked, noting that there was a particular lack of gun-toting boy in the vicinity.

Nancy considered the fact that Caedyn was bluffing. She also considered the fact that Caedyn wasn't bluffing. But then, even if she wasn't, this boy. This boy with the gun. Nancy didn't see him.

"But you're right, of course," Nancy continued, lowering the gun. She didn't put it away, because why would she? She kept it visible, but not aimed at them anymore.

"I wouldn't hurt you," she finished, putting great emphasis on the 'I'.
[+] spoiler
V6:
G009 - Sandra Dyer - Pot lid - [untitled]
G023 - Jennifer Su - Flashlight - Asymptote
G036 - Nancy Kyle - Hatchet - 不安心

V5:
G024 - Yukiko Sakurai - Weed whacker with circular saw attachment - Sunrise
B048 - Corey Esposito - Swedish Made Penis Enhancement Pump - Something Something Movie Reference

V5 Pregame:
Miriam Castille - "U-Um... well, see... I-I seemed to have misplaced m-my books..." - In Transit - It Was Just A Drink
[+] spoiler
Felix Rees
Camellia "Cammy" Walker-Grimsley
Sachi Kobayakawa
Dane Lennox
Catherine Zier
Malcolm Hong
Victoria Tran
Bethany Sadler

Ciel
Mr. Danya

November 13th, 2016, 6:22 am #12

"I wouldn't hurt you."

Jasmine cocked her head. Was she referring to her? Wait, no, but she was talking to Kay, wasn't she?

Jasmine said, "Look Nancy. You don't have to get defensive. It's just me and Kay. And you won't hurt'cha. And I keep Kay on a short leash, so...!"

Kay was right about the anxiety; Jasmine could feel it. She felt oddly calm, and that oddness was not lost on her. Jasmine could not recall ever seeing a gun with her own two eyes, apart from seeing it on tv or the internet or whatever. She knew Nancy would not hurt her though. But Kay? She wasn't sure about that. Considering the announcement and the gun and the blood, Jasmine was not sure where Nancy's head was. But she knew Nancy would not hurt her. That was important.

Jasmine looked at Nancy. Then she looked up at Kay, smiled.

"She's not good enough, Jazz. I dunno what you see in her."

"Who are you with?" Jasmine asked in a low voice, giving Caedyn's sleeve a cyoot little tug. As much as Jasmine trusted Nancy, she understood that there was a bit of a bluff going on.

Emprexx Plush
Mr. Danya

November 13th, 2016, 5:33 pm #13

Nancy kept asking questions as if she expected answers. Deserved them. That wasn't how this dynamic was going to work. It didn't work back home, and it sure as hell wasn't going to work here, gun or no gun. It was starting to look like some kind of trend: all these uppity little nobodies and clingers who decided now was the time to grow a spine and act like they meant something. It was pretty pathetic, especially 'cuz she'd almost bought into it. Just yesterday morning death had seemed very, very real.

But death was no more real for her here than failure was at home. The system hadn't changed unless people bought into a new one. She was still a winner, and people like Nancy, Jane, and Oskar were still losers. She was still something, and they were still nothing.

Nancy didn't deserve her fear or her respect. Not right now. Jazzy deserved her answer though. One of her hands traced around to the small of her back as she kept her eyes focused into Nancy's. "Downstairs. I'd avoid him if you wanna leave. Oskar's gone a little crazy."
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
G056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
[+] spoiler
B062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
[+] spoiler
B014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
Isaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars

NPCs:
Jacob Brooks: ... Character Theme: 1812 Overture-Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
[+] spoiler
Blaise d'Aramitz: Blonde Hair, Black Lungs-Sorority Noise
Helena 'Hel" Fury: Okay, but riddle me this: where in the rulebook does it say it's not a series of automatic critical hits if I Flurry of Blows an ogre's nutsack like a speedbag? Bad Liar-Selena Gomez
Jeremiah Widdlestone: NOT--FOR--YOU 911/Mr. Lonely-Tyler The Creator
Damian Riccardo Maradona Reyes: I'll go all day, all week, all year if I gotta, big guy. Just try and stop me. Years Of War-Porter Robinson
Barbara "Babs" Mulaney: One. Deux. Tres. Vier. Fem. Yug. Haft. Aath. Dyev-yat. Dez. Might Tell You Tonight-Scissor Sisters
Zyzzx Rigs: Last of the first, folks. Light me up.You Know You Like It - DJ Snake ft.
AlunaGeorge
[+] spoiler
Some Guy Probably: A thing he said? Character Theme: Flyers-Bradio
Alex Darby: Let's weigh what everyone brings to the table, and find a suitable compromise. It's in your best interest. Character theme: Devil's Gift-Shaman's Harvest
[+] spoiler
Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

CondorTalon
Player

November 14th, 2016, 6:23 am #14

"Alright," Nancy said.

Nancy shrugged her shoulders, before walking toward them. She slipped past them, toward the entrance.

"Jazz, I'll... see you around, I guess," she said, before walking away.

((Nancy Kyle continued in .))
[+] spoiler
V6:
G009 - Sandra Dyer - Pot lid - [untitled]
G023 - Jennifer Su - Flashlight - Asymptote
G036 - Nancy Kyle - Hatchet - 不安心

V5:
G024 - Yukiko Sakurai - Weed whacker with circular saw attachment - Sunrise
B048 - Corey Esposito - Swedish Made Penis Enhancement Pump - Something Something Movie Reference

V5 Pregame:
Miriam Castille - "U-Um... well, see... I-I seemed to have misplaced m-my books..." - In Transit - It Was Just A Drink
[+] spoiler
Felix Rees
Camellia "Cammy" Walker-Grimsley
Sachi Kobayakawa
Dane Lennox
Catherine Zier
Malcolm Hong
Victoria Tran
Bethany Sadler

Emprexx Plush
Mr. Danya

November 28th, 2016, 8:52 pm #15

(Skipping Post Order To Exit Thread)

And that was that. The proper order was in place, and they could move on.

She gave Jazz a tight squeeze and a smile once Nancy had left. "C'mon. We should keep moving too, boo." Things were looking way up. Oskar was a wild card that had to be handled delicately, but Jazzy? Jazzy was a known quantity. One that she could definitely work with a lot easier.

A little voice in the back of her head kept reminding her that they couldn't get out of this together. Only one person left. Those were the rules. That was okay, though.

Caedyn was used to only following the rules she liked anyway.

((Caedyn Miller Continued In Forlorn and Forgotten Knowledge))

[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
G056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
[+] spoiler
B062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
[+] spoiler
B014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
Isaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars

NPCs:
Jacob Brooks: ... Character Theme: 1812 Overture-Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
[+] spoiler
Blaise d'Aramitz: Blonde Hair, Black Lungs-Sorority Noise
Helena 'Hel" Fury: Okay, but riddle me this: where in the rulebook does it say it's not a series of automatic critical hits if I Flurry of Blows an ogre's nutsack like a speedbag? Bad Liar-Selena Gomez
Jeremiah Widdlestone: NOT--FOR--YOU 911/Mr. Lonely-Tyler The Creator
Damian Riccardo Maradona Reyes: I'll go all day, all week, all year if I gotta, big guy. Just try and stop me. Years Of War-Porter Robinson
Barbara "Babs" Mulaney: One. Deux. Tres. Vier. Fem. Yug. Haft. Aath. Dyev-yat. Dez. Might Tell You Tonight-Scissor Sisters
Zyzzx Rigs: Last of the first, folks. Light me up.You Know You Like It - DJ Snake ft.
AlunaGeorge
[+] spoiler
Some Guy Probably: A thing he said? Character Theme: Flyers-Bradio
Alex Darby: Let's weigh what everyone brings to the table, and find a suitable compromise. It's in your best interest. Character theme: Devil's Gift-Shaman's Harvest
[+] spoiler
Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

Ciel
Mr. Danya

November 29th, 2016, 5:51 am #16

Jasmine tried to speak again. She got caught on something in her throat. There was a lump in her throat and it made her cough. Her head was floaty. She needed water. It's been hours since she last ate. She looked at Kay as she spoke.

"Bye Nancy," she mumbled, "be careful."

A smile played across her lips. There was a twinkle in Jasmine's eyes as they made eye-contact. Kay squeezed her gently and it was then that Jasmine realized she was blushing. She reached a hand up and raked her hair out of her face.

None of her friends, Nancy included, understand what you see in her. It was hard to explain. They just clicked together. Somehow everything was better with Caedyn. Jasmine could not explain it. Maybe it was the way Kay looked at her. Maybe it was the way she always called Jasmine her 'boo'.

Maybe... it was a secret! Not everything needed exposition. Not everything needed an explanation.

Jasmine squeezed back.

"Okay, let's go."

(Jasmine Reed Continued Elsewhere.)