Courtography
Contender

February 13th, 2012, 12:06 am #16

Well I have 3 dead characters on mini, might as well share random ideas I had at one point.

Program.

Ben Commits Suicide

Yeah this was an idea I had with Ben shortly after he killed Harris. I planned for him to kill a few more people, and then assuming Johan died first, Ben would kill himself. This would happen when Ben, after Johan dies, runs into a group of his friends and tries to team up for protection and stuff. They push him away for being a player and he wanders around for a bit before offing himself out of guilt.

Rolls, and the fact that other stuff happened made that bad.

Louis is a player.

One idea I briefly considered for Louis was having him play, but try to be morally superior. If possible he'd try to let people say last words to their family and avoiding sadism and that sort of thing. He'd feel by doing that he was being superior to the U.S military and their ideas. Louis' lack of weapons and me growing bored with the idea caused it to not happen.

Louis dies earlier.

When Louis first got rolled I took death ideas, obviously. Anyway in this death Louis when he found Stefanie was originally going to get killed by her warning shot instead of it hitting the floor. Luckily Shadow hero'd me and stuff moved on.

Louis kills Sophie, or mutual kill, or not.

In the final set of rolls Fiori and I were both rolled and both wanted heros. Anyway, we planned that if neither of us got hero'd Louis and Sophie would both kill each other. I think the idea was that Sophie would manage to bludgeon Louis to death with her crowbar, but Louis manages to stab/slice or whatever enough times that she bleeds to death shortly after. If Louis had gotten hero'd instead of Sophie then Louis would have won the grapple in their fight and killed her with the box cutter.

Instead, Louis got shot in the face.

TV

Nick hero's out.

Anyway, prior to the first rolls I couldn't really feel Nick's character too well and was thinking about hero'ing someone in the first rolls. Instead, Nick got rolled so I didn't have to worry about it.

I'll post more as more characters are finished.

Cash Money
Rookie

April 2nd, 2012, 9:46 pm #17

My run in Virtua is over, so here we go!

Marco as flagship/Benny as fodder: There's a reason I submitted Marco's profile first. I envisioned their arcs basically trading places from where they ended up: Marco goes on an epic, heroically doomed quest for his hockey teammates, while Benny runs around in circles and makes stray humorous observations about everything before dying in a random accident. Then several people on chat told me they liked Benny, and he had a promising story arc direction, so they switched places. To be honest, giving the supposed comic relief a serious storyline was probably for the better - less cliched and whatnot.

Benny's epic, heroically doomed quest for his theater friends: When my characters first switched places, they switched places hard. Then he arrived at a saloon that was chock-full of characters that needed killing off, and the driving narrative became one of revenge against the explosion causer.

Showdown at the saloon: We were originally going to have a shootout to kill the insane number of characters at the saloon who needed to die under time pressure, but then we came up with a much messier, more elegant solution.

Benny as comic relief: For a person who considers himself to have a decent sense of humor, I am absolutely terrible at wringing a good irreverent punchline from the clutches of imminent death at the hands of your classmates. As soon as I realized this, I decided to abandon the humor thing for the most part and instead go with him feeling like he was in an action comedy, like Rush Hour or something, which is a genre I figured he would be well schooled in. I felt it was a nice change of pace from all the characters who try to adopt Modern Warfare 2 tactics. [By the way, you get a prize (currently undetermined) if you can name the movie from which I drew the hot sauce reference! (Kami can't win it since I told her already.)]

Benny's unused punchlines: This section was going to be a lot bigger until I devised his deathpost as an outlet for the frivolous personality that wasn't able to come through as much in the trying circumstances of the game. Still, there were some leftover references I had waiting around:
If Benny ever got to kill someone and live, he would have briefly considered making a CSI one-liner before deciding it was in bad taste.
If Benny would have encountered more than one person who needed to die at the final shootout, he would have channeled the Tourettes Guy and yelled "YOU MOTHERFUCKERS! PIIIIIIIIIIIISS!"
Victory speech: "I am a beautiful animal! I am a destroyer of worlds! I am Benny Fucking Lightfield!"
Various other unspecified silliness that I am generally glad I left out, although the deathpost was totally worth it.
Program:
M04: Kingsley Tran
Sydney Cattrell coming soon
[+] Spoiler
SOTF Virtua:
M12: Benny Lightfield GAME OVER
HP: ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡ /// Inventory: C96 Mauser /// XP: [=======] /// 1 point
M09: Marco "Martin" Ricco GAME OVER
HP: ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡ /// Inventory: American Flatbow | 10 arrows | 5 sheets of paper /// XP: [====] /// 0 points
[+] Spoiler
TV:
Trey LaBianco loves the show a lot more than he does school.
Sadie Trujillo respects nature a lot more than she does anyone she knows.

Evo:
Ebony Gray is an Algerine who just wants to have fun.

Never to be used:
Richard "Dickybub" Bockwinkle is a name I like.

SOTF Portal: SOTF + teleportation + conspiracies (pending approval)

Aura
Contender
Aura
Contender

June 6th, 2012, 2:00 am #18

It's time for What Could Have Been: Craig Hoyle Edition!

Thread Titles

Since a fair amount of characters have had themes going with their thread titles (v4's Garrett Hunter with Fight Club references, for example), I wanted to have Craig's thread titles be references to comic books. His island debut thread (which sadly became his ONLY island thread), "With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility", was a reference to the famous quote fro Spider-Man. Other title ideas included:

Cry For Justice
Ultimatum
At Earth's End
Countdown
One More Day

Craig is He-Man!

When Craig discovered his machete, I wanted him to raise it into the air and say "By the power of Grayskull, I... HAVE... THE POWER!" in a fashion similar to He-Man.

Sadly, however, Craig died before he ever opened his duffel bag, and consequently never found his machete.

Craig and Maria, Adventuring Duo!
Craig was slated to team up with Maria Graham shortly after waking up on the island. The relatively calm Craig and the wacky Maria could have played off of each other pretty well, having adventures as they trekked across the island. They even met up in their intro thread to spur on the alliance.

Unfortunately, Craig got rolled, and Maria got swapped, killing the team before it could begin.
SOTF-TV v2

SP1: Lukas Graves- Forming a team in United
VW2: Angie Hart- Having a bad time of it in Balls Deep
[+] Spoiler
SOTF The Program v2:

Yumi Nunes- Just another victim in Put Down the Pen, Take Up the Sword (34th out of 41)
Brian Meyerhold Callison- Nothing but a statistic in Second Verse, Same As The First (18th out of 41)

SOTF Second Chances:

B05-Craig Hoyle was felled in With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility (37th out of 37)
G08-Keira MacDonald was gunned down in One Bath, Two Bath, Red Bath, Bloodbath (11th out of 37)

Virtua-SOTF:

M17-BIG MIKE Gibraltar ran out of continues in The Long Walk (8th out of 47)

Aura
Contender
Aura
Contender

July 23rd, 2012, 1:55 am #19

Wait a moment, I just thought up a few more things that I could have done differently...

Virtua

Big Mike and the Cake

Ah, the birthday cake, quite possibly my favorite weapon ever. Anyways, One of the original ideas i thought up for Big Mike's death was to have him charge at Brian, cake in hand, and get shot for his troubles. In his dying moments, he would grab a piny piece of cake and take a bite. He would discover the flavor and the icing, then die. I quickly nixed that idea and decided to have Big Mike use the cake as a weapon instead, which i was much happier with.

Second Chances

Alternate Character Choices

In SC, I knew that I wanted Craig Hoyle, but I had a difficult time choosing my second character. I discovered that some characters I wanted had already been claimed (Garry Villette, Luis Chezinski, etc.), and some were handled by people who were long gone (Callum Hadley, Sydney Morvran, etc.) I considered many other characters, including Andy McCann and Viktor Kurchatov (yes, I'm serious...) before finally settling on Keira Macdonald from Evolution. Since then, I haven't looked back. I sincerely hope that there will be another SC, so that I'll be able to pull out some of the guys that missed the first cut.

The Program v2

Joseph Anoa'i

The first character I submitted to The Program v2 was Joseph Anoa'i, a Samoan wrestler jokingly referred to as "Samoa Joe" by his teammates. However, there were many problems that made him incompatable with the Program universe. I quickly dropped him, but he may return for another Mini somewhere down the line...
SOTF-TV v2

SP1: Lukas Graves- Forming a team in United
VW2: Angie Hart- Having a bad time of it in Balls Deep
[+] Spoiler
SOTF The Program v2:

Yumi Nunes- Just another victim in Put Down the Pen, Take Up the Sword (34th out of 41)
Brian Meyerhold Callison- Nothing but a statistic in Second Verse, Same As The First (18th out of 41)

SOTF Second Chances:

B05-Craig Hoyle was felled in With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility (37th out of 37)
G08-Keira MacDonald was gunned down in One Bath, Two Bath, Red Bath, Bloodbath (11th out of 37)

Virtua-SOTF:

M17-BIG MIKE Gibraltar ran out of continues in The Long Walk (8th out of 47)

Laurels
Contender
Laurels
Contender

July 23rd, 2012, 5:20 am #20

Well, Paige's death is sealed, so I think it is time to share some random things that have come up during my time in Second Chances:

Amber breaks the chair more easily
When I was writing some early Amber stuff in "No One Checks in Unless Their Name is Smith", I got to the part where she smashed the chair so that she and Carol could have some chair legs to defend themselves with. I originally wrote it so she smashed it the first time she swung it on the desk. I was under the assumption that the chair would be weak enough to snap after one blow, but I realized that even if that was the case, it most likely wouldn't break that easily if Amber, an unathletic girl, was swinging it. Hence, it took a few blows before finally breaking.

Paige dies in her first post
The devil came back. When I was writing the first post in "Pressure Point", I wanted to make Paige's anger at the situation hurt her. I decided splitting her toenail would be painful, but the immediate reaction changed. Part of me was tempted to have her just fall on a damn rock and burst her head open. But then I told the devil to fuck off. I wasn't prepared to make a fodder character and give them a Remi Pierce death, especially since that would equate to giving the finger to Inky in response for him letting me play Paige in this. So she fell in the lake instead.

Paige joins Craig and Maria, only until she had nothing to gain
"With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility" was the first chance I had to test Paige's "I Will Survive" mantra. This was in the month long period before we had rolls, so I was originally writing it to have Paige sort of sweet talk her way into Craig and Maria's graces. Most likely, she would have followed the two around until she found the chance to get their weapons. But, Craig was rolled, and Llama swapped Maria, so that was abandoned.

Marty Lovett gives Paige the chance to steal Craig's bag
I nearly wrote a post about this before I realized I was inadvertently breaking post order. When Marty clicked the gun and sent everyone in the scene into a panic, my idea was that Paige would try to be macho and negotiate with a known killer. Really, she would use this moment to benefit herself. I was going to try to have her convince Craig to hand her his bag so she could use it as a shield. Then, if things got rough, she could run away with it, gaining Craig's machete. But of course, I didn't go with this because of post order. It became Llama's turn, so he allowed Maria to pull her Marvin from Pulp Fiction scene and accidentally kill Craig. Thus, Paige was able to grave rob.

Amber leaves the hotel
This was somewhat a given. Marty's death would be the catalyst for a change in Amber's story, with Karl fleeing the hotel. If I didn't have to swap Amber to save Paige, what I would have done was probably try to get Amber and Carol to leave the hotel to find him, maybe taking Lyn along. Then some stuff could happen and lead to a proper conclusion. But, that didn't exactly happen, due to rolls, so Amber died there instead.

Anything to do with "The House of the Undying"
I made "The House of the Undying" in order to place Paige somewhere after "Thin Line Between Heaven and Here". I did hope someone would come across her, leading to an emotional revolution, or, if rolls occurred, a place for her to get another kill and advance her story. Unfortunately, it ended up being a two week hole for her to rest in.
Characters:
[+] Spoiler
Program:
V2:
Brigid Paxton
Louisa Bloom

Prologue:
Rodney Vasicek
Ambrose Lexington

V3:
Pippa Andolini
Nastya Zharkova

TV:
V2:
Asa Rosen
Taylor DeVasher

SC
V1:
Paige Strand
Amber Whimsy

V2:
Sophie McDowell
Brigid Paxton

Cake
Mini Maestro
Cake
Mini Maestro

January 5th, 2013, 3:00 pm #21

Since I'm rolled out of Program V2, already: I'll be sharing all the potential plans I had made with both my characters (and other handlers) after I finish Garritt's death scene. I had a lot of fun ideas, so many I even forgot some of them and might need to check my chat pm logs to remember. Some I will probably recycle and change around a bit to suit future characters. Stay tuned.
Second Chances Version 2 Characters:
B14: Kyran Dean | Alive - bandaged cheek with diagonal scar, bloody nose | Whatever (Catchphrase) in: Hero? But I'm a Kid Like Everyone Else | AK-47
G29: Wendy Fischer | Alive | Pantsless in: Carp Diem | Frozen 25lb Carp with no head (Mr. Dolph)

Sotf-TV Season 65 Flagship:
Gold Team Member #4 (SDA Male): Shawn Morrison | One with the Universe | Being Real in: Oracular Spectacular | Brian Peter George St. John Le Baptiste De La Salle Eno, The Deceased Boa Constrictor.

Iceblock
Veteran

May 8th, 2013, 7:47 am #22

[/necromode] I've probably typed this up at least three times before, but never actually ending up posting it in the end. Since I'm slacking off on doing other things at the moment, here it is.

TV
Kathy joins up with Orange Team
Yeah, people have already talked about this (see Psychedelic's post in the Mini General Discussion about regrets). The short version of it was that Orange Team was probably going to join together. I doubt Kathy would have done much in the end besides doubt the methods that they were taking to steamroll to the end, just ending up writing about her misgivings until her eventual death.

Virtua
Sam shoots himself after Delilah's death
Thought about it for a few minutes while posting, couldn't really rationalize it. Sam thought about it in the post, too. But no, didn't happen.

Sam holds up Delilah, shoots himself
I'm not sure where this one came from but I remember the general form of this vividly. It never existed anywhere except in my head. I don't remember the exact rationalization for this, but perhaps this was before Delilah started killing. Either way I'm pretty sure it involved Sam fooling Delilah into thinking he was betraying her and was going to kill her and then killing himself instead. Now that it's more than a year later I'm not sure what that would have accomplished, but it adds another to the list of "Sam shoots himself" ideas, I guess.

I name "While Rome Burns" "Piano Man" instead
<.< >.> I was very involved with my thread names with Sam. I ultimately decided to stick to idioms, and given what happened in that thread, maybe the name I chose was fitting after all, if not exactly "neglecting priorities."

I hero Sam for someone
OK, I liked writing Sam, but I also liked the idea of heroing. Might have done it for Delilah when she was rolled. Would have been an interesting change from "guy with gun lives longer than the girl", except Delilah was the one with kills and could take care of herself anyway, so maybe it wouldn't have been a change at all? xD Either way, I was too indecisive in the long run to hero anyone, so I just got rolled out at the end.

EDIT:
Sam's shotgun is actually loaded
I thought this was the case, until I read back over Warren's (inactive) deathpost. I was a little worried that it might come off as me just trying to shaft Rebecca of a gun, but, eh, I figured that it was symbolic in some way in the end.
This signature intentionally left blank.

Program V3 Prologue:
Sylvia Veneski -- F32 -- Clothes Hanger -- Alive -- Someday We Won't Remember This
[+] Spoiler
SOTF TV:
Katherine "Kathy" Clements -- ORA5 -- Swordcane -- Deceased -- Last Page

Virtua-SOTF:
Samuel Wilson -- M02 -- Bottle of Maple Syrup -- Deceased -- Swan Song

Program V2:
Audrey McKee -- F11 -- Weighted Leather Glove -- Alive -- Semper Fi

SOTF TV V2:
Caroline Leveson -- BB2 -- Fire Iron -- Deceased -- It's Bad. We're Hit, Man, We Are Hit

jimmydalad
Veteran

May 12th, 2013, 9:12 am #23

So, my charries have been rolled out of the game, so now is the chance for me to talk about what could've happened to the characters of Maxim and Bailey.

Maxim teaming up with Dylan: Yes, one of my original plans was for Maxim to be in a team alongside Dylan. Medic and I discussed how Maxim and Dylan would originally team up and then adventure together through the game. However, with the way things played out in Maxim's first thread, it ended up that Maxim would shoot Dylan instead of team up with her as that seemed to make more sense in my mind.

Maxim dying from Alexander: When Maxim was first rolled, I really didn't mind him dying and even approached Toben to discuss the possibility of Maxim getting killed by Alexander in their encounter. Eventually, Toben dissuaded me from doing this and I was going to swap him with Bailey, but Maxim was saved by Tori, so that was the end of that.

Maxim committing suicide: If Maxim made it to the end of the game and somehow won, I would have had him get in a shouting match with Adams and committing suicide by shooting himself just to spite him. It would also allow him to rationalize his atonement for how he acted in the game. However, I used him to save Alexander so yeah.

Use Bailey more: I really regret this. I really really regret this. I put way too much attention on Maxim and I regret doing so as I felt that Bailey's character could have had some decent exploration into her motivations and whatnot. I wish I also explored the concept of her desire to not get changed by the game and in general just have more plots with her. However, I put a lot of my attention on Maxim and her first few threads were really slow, so I ended up using Maxim a lot more than I used Bailey. I wished I put some more attention on Bailey than I did.

Bailey losing her sanity: If people looked at Bailey's profile, I noted how Bailey used her cards as a coping mechanism and would grow increasingly uneasy without every single card in her deck. I was thinking of planning on having her lose a card from her deck and slowly start to descend into insanity as time passed, eventually becoming a full-fledged killer and actually using her gun effectively. However, I eventually thought that this was stupid and decided to scrap the plan entirely.

Bailey not getting fazed by the game: One of the first plots I thought up for her would be a character that just didn't understand the danger that she was in and make amusing comments about the game before the realization hits her i.e. when someone tries to shoot her. She probably would have started out in the Pine Stands and would be drawing, talking about how the trees inspire her muse. Then I realized this was unrealistic and stupid and decided not to go down that trend.
[+] Spoiler
Characters
(Minus accessories)
M09: Maxim Senders - "The stars are so pretty tonight. Shame you can barely see them." - Status: DEAD
Weapon: Civil War Bayonet Gun
Pregame/Sandbox: o -> o -> o -> o -> o
Program V2: o -> o -> o -> o -> o -> o

(Minus accessories)
F10: Bailey Williams - "Don't you fucking move." - Status: DEAD
Weapon: Philadelphia Derringer
Pregame/Sandbox: o
Program V2: o -> o -> o -> o -> o -> o
[+] Spoiler
Erik Sheely - The Quiet Cheerleader
Sandbox: o
TV V2: o

Saachi Nidal - The Valedictorian who hates SOTF
Sandbox: o
TV V2: o -> o
[+] Spoiler
Character Planning Thread

Aria Samuels - Quiet, Paranoid and Independent
Weapon - Trumpet
Memories - o
Pregame - o
Game - o -> o -> o -> o -> o -> o

Saachi Nidal - Confident, Aggressive and Regal
Weapon - Meat Cleaver
Game - o -> o ->o -> o -> o -> o -> o
-> o ->o -> o -> o -> o -> o -> o
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

MurderWeasel
Mini Maestro
MurderWeasel
Mini Maestro

July 1st, 2013, 10:28 pm #24

Spurred by talk yesterday, and the fact that I'm pretty sure everything here is dead and buried anyways, I have some more Evo stuff to share. This is kinda lengthy, has a lot of stuff I look back on and shake my head at, etc., but it's an interesting little piece of game history, especially insofar as it actually basically got enacted aside from the final step.

So, I present to you, the Evo escape plan that never was:

Some context here is that Evo was a game in which I was not staff. I didn't have any authority at all at the point where this stuff was going on, and was having altogether too much fun with my total lack of responsibilities. Floating around was this idea that Evo was totally escape-proof. Now, I'm someone who hears that and goes, "Bring it on!" The reason I was never all over that in any other Mini/AU/version is that, as staff, I have no fair way of doing so and have more invested in stopping escapes anyways (because if there's no challenge, what's the fun?). So instead, I come up with escape plots and post them for the staff to see and figure out how to defeat.

In Evo, I did not have these restrictions, and I had a character devoted to staying alive at all costs, so I decided I'd just try to break the game.

Anyways, I thought about it for a long time, and applied Occam's Razor, and went, "Well, if you can't get off any way that The Organization doesn't want you to, then clearly the way out is to convince them that it's in their best interests to release you." And so I set about writing a basic pitch, sent it to Stef, and then he went, "Sounds interesting. Write up a post, let's see how that goes."

So I did, sent it his way, and he went, "Cool. You can try it if you want, but if it wouldn't work, boom, you're dead." And I went, "Well, the IC thing is to give it a shot and see where things go, because it's a better chance than a fight."

This, for the record, is the genesis of the core principle behind the V5 Escape Rule. Any attempt should have some risk as well as reward.

My plan was, in short, to force the issue. Walk into a danger zone, announce the intent to stay there, and inform The Organization that you're willing to help them, let them study you, whatever, as long as they don't blow you up. Since their claim was that they wanted to do research on the subjects and their mutations, offer them a better way of doing so, with the alternative being the end of any scientific utility. In short, appeal to their stated interests.

Stef then told me, in short, that it would in fact work, because the danger zones in Evo had always been a lie. The students were implanted with devices, but they were not bombs (which would have been overly large and unwiedly) and in fact were effectively single-shot tasers, something that would knock a student out to allow retrieval.

In fact, this actually had happened once. the first part of The Second Announcement, which a lot of people assumed was Kahlid being kidnapped, was actually Fredrick Slagenger being retrieved, after his supposed death in a danger zone, which was an especially shocking revelation since I'd actually written that death and had no idea anything fishy was going on (Stef had asked me to go with a discretion shot for the ending, and I'd just assumed it was due to it being better fitting to Evo's style. This is also why Joel Deitrick's death was specified to be from his wounds on the announcement; no bomb meant he couldn't blow up, as his death implied).

Anyways, this was right before the last rolls, and so Stef and I were busy trying to decide how to work things. This is the part I'm not so happy about now, because what we basically went off of was the V3 fakeout, under two assumptions: 1. anything involving my character afterwards would be pretty minor and background, and 2. keeping stuff quiet would avoid drawing attention away from Endgame/the winner. Now, the reason I don't like this is that obfuscating anything, I know now, actually foregrounds it way more when it is inevitably eventually revealed. More than that, at the time I didn't have any super prominent characters, and thought this was likely to be the most interesting thing I ever did on SOTF. By the time Evo's Endgame was actually wrapping up, that was pretty clearly not the case, and I was increasingly uneasy about the whole thing. Anyways, we actually just rolled two kids and declared me rolled, confident nobody would Hero or anything.

That's the basic what-almost-happened. One thing, though, was that the very last post I made in Evo was pretty much entirely composed of double meanings, changed by the (lack of) context and designed to read, at a first glance, as somewhat out of character. The tipoff was that Samantha was referenced as saying something, but what she said was never made clear, instead being covered up with a section break. That was because the rest was gonna get worked in as a flashback at some point. Of course, Stef also accidentally referenced the whole post rather than the posted bit in his EvoHammers, which I think nobody noticed.

At this point, the whole thing's basically of academic interest only, but for completeness' sake, here is the original, uncut, version of the post, which I sent to Stef back in November 2010 or something to pitch the escape plane. I'm not editing anything, and would of course handle stuff differently here, two and a half years later, but eh, so it goes.
[+] Spoiler
((So, yeah, everything here, including lateness and posting in a DZ and content and whatever, has been cleared by Stef.))

((Samantha Reynolds continued from Miseria Cantare))

After leaving Kate and Taryn, Samantha wandered once more, lost and alone. It was strange. The second she parted ways with the others, she missed company, but when she was near people, they nettled her, and she couldn’t wait to get away. Her fatigue was catching up with her again. The island was quiet, calm, dead. Deathly. Not long, now. Not long at all. The dead just kept piling up. Many, so many of them. Twenty. Twenty people brought here, and only one would leave, and all for what?

“Now that’s out of the way, I can explain those troublesome marks on your arms.”

An experiment. A scientific experiment. Evolution, the man had called it. Evolution. The future. A change in humanity, a radical paradigm shift the likes of which had never before been imagined. A humanity that was more, better, different. She’d thought they were kidding. Thought they were lying, that there was some other purpose, that this was maybe just sadism, but now she’d given up on that theory. She’d accepted that it was an experiment, was genuine. Somehow, it didn’t sound so insane now. Not anymore, not after what she had seen, not after the painful facts of humanity had been revealed to her. Humans weren’t special. They were animals, just like any other living creature, driven by instincts and irrationalities, fears and desires. Above all, that final, all-consuming need to live.

“We are the beginning of a new era. We are the pilots of humanity, flying us all into a brave new world of technological advancements so great that the future will pass us by with a gasp.”

What had it all been for? What had the purpose been? Everything that had happened, every life lost, every bullet fired, for what? Data. Data and measurements and research. Cold, clinical precision. A love of knowledge overriding any humanity. And that was the real point, wasn’t it? Because they weren’t supposed to be human. They were supposed to be more. Supposed to be beyond all of that. And yet, at the same time, they were supposed to fight, supposed to kill each other. It was a paradox: the goal was to select the person who was least human, who was most something... else. And yet, the methods were so very human, so very geared towards those most basic, instinctual reactions. Would a truly superior being even be able to win this contest, or would they be unable to comprehend why their opponents fought so hard, unable to prepare themselves for that desperation, that willingness to do whatever it took to see another day?

“You will surpass us, and you will grow brighter than any one of us could dare to try.”

But if it worked... It seemed so sane, in retrospect. The chance to be free of all mankind's problems. And yet, at what cost? Faces: Pippi, Otis, the boy with the melted head, Cristo, Ashlie, the boy who had shocked her, Taryn, Kate. Her own face, twisted and distorted.

“You are evolution.”

She sighed, temporarily abandoning her musings on potential futures, returning her thoughts to the present. Walking, jogging, sitting, standing, it made no difference. It didn’t matter. Point was, it didn’t matter what the fuck Samantha did. She was dead. They were all dead, maybe not today, maybe not here, but it was inevitable. The end was barreling towards them, rolling full tilt along the tracks, and all her life, she’d never seen it. Never understood. Never truly valued what she had until it was flashing before her eyes, vanishing into the mist. Live. Such a simple command, yet so loaded. So difficult. In the end, impossible.

“Put simply, each of you has been given a gift. That gift differs from person to person, similar to a... raffle, I suppose, but you all entered the same one.”

Samantha wondered, in a loose and distracted way, what she had taught their captors, what they had picked from her brain. They were watching her, she knew. Watching and listening, always there, along with her for every moment of this crazy ride. Somehow, it made her feel a little better. Maybe it all meant something. Maybe, just maybe, she wouldn’t be forgotten. Maybe someone would remember her, take something of her away from this besides her corpse and her DNA, remember that, once upon a time, there was a scared girl named Samantha Reynolds who tried her best to live, who put it all on the line, who never quite could make peace with herself, never quite could overcome the self-loathing and doubt she felt, never quite could bring herself to just reach out and grab someone else and hold them, just hold them, just to be close one more time.

“We have developed a serum which contains the key to evolution itself; a serum which reacts differently depending on the DNA of the person who receives it.”

They were all different, each and every one of them. Every person here, every single person she’d seen, they’d all had their own wishes, their own lives. They’d all lost them for this. All lost them to this research, all been sacrificed in the name of the common good. She could only hope it was worth it. Only hope that humanity really did advance, progressed past the level where this sort of thing could be allowed to happen. She hoped that whoever made it out was someone good, someone kind, someone smart and funny and polite.

“It’s still in development, but this way we can test its effects without fear of anyone watching over our shoulders. And the testing, children, is where you come in.”

And it was at this point that Samantha realized she had to make her choice. No more fucking around. No more playing the indecisive one. It wasn’t fair, and it wasn’t healthy. In an instant, it came to her, a complete and total cognition of her actions so far, their causes and meanings. She understood, in that moment of clarity, just why it had been so hard to make her decision, why she hadn’t been able to force herself to commit either way, no matter what she had told those she met.

She was scared.

Not scared of dying, though that was certainly there. She was scared of far more than that. Her fears went back forever, back to her childhood, back to everything she had once been. Memories: Middle school, friends, laughter. Jokes, games, boys. Secrets, stories, admiration. Loud music and quiet moments. Belonging. Then, all of a sudden: disaster. Something stupid, hardly even memorable now. The shattering of bonds. Rachel. Talks, quiet, private moments, love for her sister. Understanding, acceptance. Lost all too soon. Everything lost, discarded, abandoned. And at the end, Samantha alone, alone again, always alone, always lost within herself, within her hopes and dreams, within reality, within a wish to matter, to be something, and always in the background that awful, lurking realization, that certain knowledge that it didn’t matter, that it didn’t matter what she did because she was going to die someday, going to die and fade and be forgotten, no matter how high she climbed, no matter what she built, it would all collapse around her, and in the end she’d be in an unmarked grave, alone and meaningless, and worse than that, just the same, just like everyone else. She’d tried, oh she’d tried, thrown away everything chasing the dream of being the best, of forging herself into the right kind of person, the kind who mattered, the kind who persevered and endured, who carried herself tall and proud and never fell, never lost, never gave in.

It hadn’t worked. Nothing had ever worked. She just wasn’t good enough. Just couldn’t pull through. Maybe she’d started too late, enjoyed a few years of her childhood too many. Maybe she was just wrong for her dreams, cheated by biology, by the very evolution her captors sought to harness.

She was scared that she wouldn’t matter. Scared that the world would never know she had lived and died. Scared of her future, when she still had a future, and scared at its lack now that it was gone.

Decision time. She’d been joking around for far too long. It was time to make a final call. There were maybe half a dozen people left alive, if she had estimated correctly. It was time to stop hiding, stop procrastinating, stop putting things off for the future.

Live.

And yet...

The same old arguments, the same old logic. The same thought processes, the same old games she had been playing with herself since she had first found out she was doomed. So much self-deception. She wasn’t crying, but she didn’t know why. She was lost, confused, alone. So alone. She missed Otis. Missed Pippi. Missed her home, her acquaintances, her old friends. Missed her life.

She had to do it. She had to.

Live.

She had to try. She owed it to herself. To Otis. To everything she could have been, to everything she once was.

Liar.

She smiled, a thin, sad smile. Liar. It fit. She was a liar, and one of the worst.

Because, at the end of the day, all her fears were absolutely correct. She wasn’t special. She wasn’t different. She was another scared girl on an island of scared girls and boys, and the only way to beat her fate, the only way to dodge the bullet, the only way to continue her precious little existence, was to kill. To take from others all she wanted to preserve in herself. It wasn’t right. It wasn’t right, or fair, or good, and yet she could do it. If she gave herself the chance, she would do it.

Time to choose.

She was standing on the viewing platform again, the cool Seattle winds whipping her hair, considering ending it all. Considering taking control of her life, grasping it with both hands and tearing it to pieces, scattering the shreds to the wind and laughing all the while. The pain of the memory was gone. Instead, what she felt was freedom, exhilaration. It was simple.

Samantha wanted out.

This life, this state of being on this island, it was wrong. It was wrong, cold, evil, and she couldn’t take it any more. It wasn’t the fault of the people who had thrown her here. It wasn’t the fault of the other people with her. There was no one to blame. It was just human nature, rearing its ugly head.

She was not in the least surprised to find herself once more at the edge of the zone claimed by the cove, the place where Otis had died.

It was forbidden. If she stepped in, she would feel that horrible vibration again. Feel that awful buzzing in her blood. Then feel nothing at all.

The realization was not a flash this time. It was no bolt from the blue, no spark of divine inspiration. It was a quiet whisper, a quiet whisper that had been there all this time. She could see the shack in the distance, could see where she had first met Otis, had almost held him at gunpoint, almost shot him in the back while crossing to land. She still had that gun, and it had acquired three companions. She carried it in her hand, her left now, her dominant hand taking a rest. She let the gun fall to the dirt, no longer caring if it broke, if it died. Her left palm was wrapped in gauze. Slowly, she unwound it, glancing at the burn, the line across her palm. It was thicker than the cut had been, probably less severe. But the real difference was, she hadn’t done this to herself. She’d tried to hurt someone else, and had been hurt in return. That was the law of the land. That was the way of the world.

Not now. Not for her.

Samantha wanted out.

Live.

She dropped her bag to the sand, pulled the knives from their holsters and dropped them on top of it. Walked, alone, always alone, along the edge of the area, staying just on the safe side, or so she imagined, trekking towards the sea, towards a level spot, towards one of those flat expanses of sand.

Finally, she found it. Looked around. It was as good a place as any.

She took a deep breath. It all came down to this.

“The people around you are not your friends; they are, in essence, your enemies. And though you may think of befriending them after this is all over, you’re merely deluding yourselves because the simple fact of the matter is this: after three days, only one of you will be left standing.”

She’d made it damn far. She’d proven herself beyond what she’d ever thought she could. For these few days, she’d been someone. She’d been herself, good and bad, even when she thought she’d lost track of it all.

“Not only that. But we want you to utilise your new-found gifts as much as you can, to give us a comprehensive look into each of your unique talents. Oh, and of course, there are a few rules.”

She had to be ready. Had to be brave. Had to be strong. Had to leave the stress behind.

“If nobody dies within 24 hours, we’ll detonate the tracking devices inside your bodies.”

Had to be her ideal self. Had to be calm. Cool. Collected. Otherwise, there was no way she’d go through with this. No way to make it work.

“Consider it an incentive.”

Count to ten. Prepare. They’re watching.

“This grid displays the different areas of the island. As you can see, each area is fairly large, but don’t think you can all hide out in the church and pray that your God will keep you safe. Every 12 hours, we will randomly make certain areas off-limits to you, giving you exactly one hour to leave the “danger zones” before they become inaccessible for the rest of the game. However, when I say “inaccessible” I do in fact mean that if you step into these areas after the one-hour time-limit, your tracking devices will automatically detonate, and you will be blown into a million pieces.”

Time for words, now.

"Which is a shame, really; your cadavers would be absolute treasure troves of data.”

Samantha opened her mouth and spoke to the air. Her words were completely calm and collected.

“I know that you’re watching and listening," she said. "Don’t bother to reply. I know. You’ve been watching us this whole time. It’s all part of the experiment. All part of your evolutionary test.

“The problem is, you’ve created a situation that fails at its most basic goal. Rather than gaining knowledge, you are throwing so much away. You are abandoning tools before they have exhausted their usefulness. I understand why we're fighting. I understand why we're killing. You know our powers. You know what they do. What you don't know is how they can be used, what their potential is. A life or death situation forces us to use all of our potential, all of our capabilities, if we want to survive.

"But see, that gives us some cards to play, too.

“I’m about to step into that forbidden zone. I’m going to step in, and I’m going to keep walking. And I’m going to explode.

“At least, that is what you have told me. That is the rule of this exercise. But what the others have forgotten is that it's only the rule because you say it is. You want to see evolution? You want to see adaptation, innovation? You want to see someone using every tool in their arsenal to survive? Fine. I’ll show you.

“I’m going to walk into that zone. You can kill me if you want, destroy your precious data, all to enforce discipline. But what I understand is that you have no reason to do so. You have no reason to kill me whatsoever, because there is an alternate solution, something that works better for both of us.

“You’ve gotten your results. You’ve compiled your data. You have everything you’re getting from me as it stands, because I am perfectly willing to die here. I have nothing to lose, because I don't think I can do things your way. It doesn't matter much to me if I die a bit early. What I want is to live. And I have things to offer you. You don't know everything about me. As you can see, I'm willing to shake things up, willing to try alternative solutions. If you don’t blow me up, if you let me walk across that beach, I’m yours. You say that only the winner leaves here. The winner is free to go, to return to their old life. I don’t want that. What I want is to be something. To be a part of something that matters. When you say that humanity needs to evolve, needs to surpass what it is, you are absolutely correct.

“If you choose to let me live, I'll join you. Announce my death to the others, make me dead to the world, and I’ll help you in whatever way I can. You lose nothing.

"Evolution is not solely a contest of violence. It is not simple elimination. There are more uses for intelligence than planning the best ambush. Sometimes, the real key to development is cooperation and compromise.

“The others chose your route, chose competition.

“I think I’ll try my hand at symbiosis.”

When she had finished, when she had said everything she could think of, Samantha waited a few seconds, then stepped clear of the safe zone, stepped onto the land where she was forbidden to tread. For a quick moment, she had a wild thought, wondering whether maybe, just maybe, the electricity that had been fed through her system had disabled the nanomachines in her blood, had removed the bomb that was a part of her.

She had gone five steps when the vibration in her arm jolted her, shaking her body.

She did not slow her stride. She tried to imagine the person on the other end, the person watching her, analyzing her actions, controlling that warning signal. There was a small chance that it was automated, that no humans were involved, but she doubted it. They were too interested, too invested. She would not have been given a warning by a computer system. It was not what they had been told would happen. They were trying to test her resolve. Trying to goad her, to scare her back, convince her to turn away from her goal, to return to the game of death and destruction.

She did not slow, did not falter.

The buzz again, stronger. She didn’t break stride. She had left safety far behind.

If she turned and ran now, then maybe, just maybe, she could make it back.

She did not turn, just smiled slightly, showing no teeth.

In the end, it all came down to choices, options, destinies. Murder or be murdered? A false dichotomy if she had ever heard one. Life or death? Could she kill to survive, kill to prolong her own existence? Could she have clawed her way to the top, done whatever it took?

Right now, the options she was faced with were simple. Die in an explosion, burn and flame and be over with, or live, live though it meant casting aside everything she was, abandoning herself, becoming something new and terrifying and very possibly evil, but maybe, just maybe, good, maybe worthwhile in some way she could not yet quite comprehend.

Of course, the choice was no longer hers to make.

The buzzing intensified, shaking her body, so she stopped walking, simply stood, stood and waited.

Live.

Maybe I’ll be seeing you soon, Otis.

No way to tell.

No way to know what comes next.

Inhale.

Exhale.

Stay strong.

Stay composed.

Do not flinch.

Do not show weakness.

Not one second of hesitation.

Not one second of doubt.

Not one second of regret.

Smile.

The buzzing and shaking was building, building, building. Samantha stood, smiled, waited.

Subject C01: ELIMINATED

Only she wasn't, not really. There was no explosion. No fire. No pain.

Exhale.

Pause a moment. Pulse racing.

Live.

Looks like I just might have a little ways to go yet.

Samantha wanted to collapse on the ground. Wanted to scream, cry, laugh, tear her hair all at once. Wanted to do something, anything to burn off the crazy tension she felt, but she couldn’t. Not yet. She wasn’t out of this yet, not by a long shot.

She had figured out a way out of the system. She had figured out the right things to say, to do, to pique someone's interest, to convince them to alter the terms of the experiment. But it would be so very easy to destroy that image right here and now. So easy to get them to change their minds, to get them to kill her after all.

Especially since they had to have some idea of how dangerous she would be to have around.

She had to stay composed. Stay the girl who intrigued these people enough to spare, until they showed up to take her away. Until they trusted her. Until...

Maybe forever.

She would certainly have a new life to adjust to.

And maybe she could finally get some damn sleep.
"But wait," I hear half the readers saying, "doesn't that have some interesting implications for Iris, Judy, and Frederick?"

Yeah. Judy and Fred were gonna have really awful things happen to them, most likely. Iris, Stef and Ciel had some other plans around, and I leave it to Ciel to decide if he wants to share anything or not.

This whole thing, of course, never got posted, and when Stef left Evo went in a new and equally interesting direction. As endings go, I don't think there's much more to say, and as anything else goes, well, I'm just gonna paraphrase The Joker here:

If there really has to be a future, I'd rather see it be multiple choice.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a boatload of other Evo stuff, and most of that's less related to stuff I worked with. I may share it later if I can think of anything folks may find amusing or revealing. I think Dom and Rugga have a lot of stuff too, but, again, it's their call whether they wanna share.
Current characters:

The Program: V3 Prologue:
Mina Mashall - Digital Voice Recorder - Making a good impression - "I didn't know you felt so strongly about me."
Erik Bell - Jericho .941 - Having lunch - "May I?"

SECOND CHANCES: V2:
Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:
EW4: Jewel Evans - Chatterbox Communicator Headsets (0/5) - Online - ELIMINATED - "Scars are just reminders to be better next time."
[+] Spoiler
The Program V1:
M06: Karl Chalmers - American Flag - The Mess Hall - DECEASED
F09: Nichole "Nikki" Campbell - 6 Pack of Beer (0/6) - Open Ground - DECEASED

The Program V2:
M08: Alexander Bonham - Steel Folding Chair - The Pine Stands - DECEASED
F20: Robin Pounds - Stress Ball - Mountain Track - DECEASED

SOTF-TV V1:
PRP3: Karen Ruiz - Glock 17 (0/17 +1 bullet), WASP Knife, Swordcane - Over and out - ELIMINATED - "I don't find pointless death funny."
W02: Renée Carlson - Straight Razor - The Resort Beach - DECEASED

SOTF-TV V2:
SS4: Austin White - Gold Retractable Spyglass - The World Oyster - DECEASED

Second Chances V1:
G16: Nicole Husher (thanks to TBH!) - Colt Single Action Army - The Makeshift Hospital - DECEASED

Second Chances V2:
B12: Richard Ormsby - x4 Flashbang Grenades - The Ravine - DECEASED
B22: William Lohman - Winchester Model 1897 - The Ravine - DECEASED

BR AU:
B15: Shuya Nanahara - No Weapon - The School Building - DECEASED
B20: Kyoichi Motobuchi - Bulletproof Vest - Tourist Association - DECEASED
G01: Mizuho Inada - Grenades (0/2) - Clinic - DECEASED

SOTF Evolution:
Subject C01: Samantha Reynolds - Facial Morphing - The Cove - ELIMINATED

VIRTUA SOTF:
M11: Richard Ormsby - Cowbell - The Corssroads Bridge - GAME OVER
M22: William Lohman - Hockey Stick - The Corssroads Bridge - GAME OVER
If you want an honest assessment of your character's storyline, feel free to PM me and I'll whip one up as soon as I am able.

Thanks to Bear/Frogue/Kotorikun/Ryuki for the avatar art.

Espi
Veteran
Espi
Veteran

February 17th, 2014, 9:17 pm #25

So hey Zoe's not going to be written by me in TV2 so I'm reanimating this thread for her.

Zoe Pregame buddies
So originally the goal with Zoe was to have her have a best friend in the form of Cake's guy, who is mentioned in the profile. We were going to have a special memories thread that updated after events went wrong, where they met up at the fence between their houses and talked. Unfortunately Cake became extremely busy and unfortunately had a lot of personal issues go down so we never got a chance.

Zoe: Death Seeker
Zoe's story for TV2 was supposed to be her randomly attacking people. This wouldn't be to kill them though; she'd just be looking for a good fight, and maybe hoping someone could kill her.

Zoe: Killed/Killed By
My eventual plan for Zoe was to attack someone, kill them, but be mortally wounded, probably concussed. She'd stagger off, dazed, and collapse and die elsewhere.
[+] Spoiler
Lucy Williams: He had a point
Riley Parker: Flew too close to the gun
[+] Spoiler
Nate Chauncey: in a void
Clio Gabriella: Blew her top

MurderWeasel
Mini Maestro
MurderWeasel
Mini Maestro

March 7th, 2015, 9:46 pm #26

Hey, everyone. I have a whole lot of stuff to talk about with TV2. As a heads-up, this is going to be super long, fiddly, multi-sectioned, and serve partially as a personal exorcism of some plans I had for a long time and really need to let go of now. All who proceed have been warned: this post may be neither particularly interesting nor readable. I'm posting this mostly for myself. Except the Austin bit that's unspoilered at the end. That's not very complicated or fiddly at all.
[+] Spoiler
So, as folks following her may or may not have guessed, Jewel's plot slid away from my plan to a degree pretty much unmatched by any other character I've ever written, which is pretty impressive considering how loose the bulk of her plan was and how far off course I've ended up before. There are a lot of reasons for this, and I'm going to talk about some of them here, and then get into all the stuff that got rethought, rewritten, or flat out discarded.

It probably is gonna be absolutely no surprise to anyone that Jewel was written with death as a pretty firm endpoint in my mind. In fact, I had a hyper-specific death plan with an origin dating back to the very start of V4 (well, the last post was hyper-specific; getting there was very loose aside from a couple fiddly details).

I'm going to talk about what the plan was, what changed, and why it changed, though not in that order. The first two sections here are primarily contextual/discussion of some decisions I made and the rationales behind them. The first section talks about my OOC reasoning behind and reluctance towards touching ten kills in TV2, and the second talks about how my initial TV2 plans were hugely sidetracked, leading to my actually writing a big killer in the first place instead of the other character I'd planned on. If you're just interested in plot stuff that actually pertains to abandoned Jewel ideas, you can skip those two sections and not miss anything. The third section contains the plot points I dropped or reworked or thought about but never could fit into the actual narrative, including a draft of the conclusion I had planned.
[+] Spoiler
This section comes first because it's the most pressing/has been weighing most heavily on my mind/actually cost me a bunch of sleep over the past few weeks. It has to do with my philosophy on winners and their position in the site.

I think I've talked a lot about how I feel about repeat winners in the context of Main (specifically, that I hate the idea), but I'm unsure if I've ever expanded on why. Since it's really relevant to this discussion, I am doing so now.

I really, really dislike the idea of repeat winners OOC on Main. The reason for this has to do with opportunity, not any inherent dislike of the idea of a handler having multiple kids win. A repeat winner in their own right is no skin off my nose; we've had a bunch of handlers who've written multiple characters who would have made really awesome winners (I actually back a Cyco character way back in V3, before I understood that he'd also won V2). The thing about winning on Main, however, is that it is a very rare and limited opportunity. A game runs on average for one or two years, and only a single character triumphs. I think that going for a repeat win in such circumstances is extremely impolite because it denies the opportunity to other handlers to work with a pretty unique plot opportunity. Basically, on Main we have about a hundred players, of whom maybe two or three will get to write a winning character in the foreseeable future. Reducing this number so that one can do it again does not sit well with me.

On Mini, the situation is somewhat different because games progress (somewhat) more quickly, and sometimes in tandem—we've averaged about one and a half winners a year since Mini's inception, and that's only counting the traditional, get-to-the-end winners; I've counted Evo only for one (despite various plans there/the fact everyone actually died) and have also counted TV1 for one only. That's still not a lot, but given the Mini member base's smaller size, the odds of any given handler seeing one of their kids win are much better. We have about three times as many winners, spread across a member base around half the size. I'd still, in basically every case, prefer to see a fresh winner to a repeat one, but repeat Endgamers, say, become a fact of life just due to member numbers.

All of this is compounded in the TV Universe, because there are a lot of ways to win besides the traditional last-man-standing approach. Specifically, TV includes the ten-kill provision and the team win clause, which together open each game to a maximum of six surviving characters (discounting escapes, which have yet to be successful and don't count as winning anyways). This means theoretically, TV can have around an 8% survival rate. Now, this is of course vanishingly unlikely, since it relies on every character from a specific team not getting rolled until reaching Endgame and another character managing ten kills, but it's the theoretical maximum.

Now, these opportunities don't preclude each other. If, say, a team includes half handlers who haven't won a game before, and half ones who have, and they're all in Endgame together, I do not personally have any issues with the team winning and all the members surviving—nobody's being deprived of opportunities there. It was roughly this line of thinking that eventually turned me to being alright with Jewel getting a tenth kill.

For context, after realizing I was again writing a major player (which was actually not my plan at all—more on this in the next spoiler, and a bunch of you already know it, but Jewel was a repurposed concept pulled together as a last-second replacement when some other plans I had fell apart) after having done so in TV1, I was pretty much trying to avoid getting near ten kills. My plan, at the start, was to yank the brakes somewhere between six and eight (more on this below) assuming she made it that far.

There were a few reasons for this. One of the big ones was because I'd actually promised Irene way back when the game started that I had her back if she wanted Lily killed in a specific way. As the game progressed, she thought Lily's story was heading another way which wouldn't involve working with me, and I really dug the plot opportunities available with Brendan, so I figured eight would be a stopping point safely shy of ten.

Then the Seventh Rolls happened, and I saw some kids I really liked get hit and became worried about whether they'd actually get any kill offers. I sent out a few, "Hey, if you can't find anyone, I think I could do something thematically appropriate..." PMs and ended up almost overbooking myself on the spot (huge, huge apologies once again to the person I had to back out on. You rock and your scene ended up a really great one—far better, I think, than anything I could've been involved in. ). Asa was one of my favorite characters in the version, and Laure was a total star to work with, and I was really happy to be involved in his death. I figured, at that point, I was done with Jewel killing anyone unless one specific thing happened (more on that below).

Then Lily got rolled. Irene and I talked at great length about what fit her story most thematically, in light of the offer I'd made her way back at the start of the game and what she wanted for Lily's conclusion. I really liked her idea, but felt really unsure about Jewel getting ten—not only because it meant jettisoning a whole lot of stuff I'd been working on for a very long time, but because, as mentioned above, I like seeing opportunities spread out among handlers.

In deciding what to do, I crunched a lot of numbers and considered the current game situation in light of my experience in other games. I took a really long and hard look at the then-current rolling list, the rolls, and the kill rankings at the time. Applying my observations from prior versions, I came to the conclusion that any other character reaching ten before Endgame was extremely unlikely. At the time, the next-highest killers (Vahka and Marcus) were in a two-way tie at three kills apiece. To get ten at all would require one of them to kill seven out of twenty-two kids—and Marcus was rolled. Ashley was another up-and-coming killer, sitting right behind at two kills, but she was rolled too. Anyone on two would need eight kills out of twenty-two to get ten, and that's not touching details like the inability to kill yourself or teammates for points, the stage at which Endgame kicks in, the direction of plots, the probability of getting hit by rolls en route, etc. I note "before Endgame" because Endgame is its own thing, a thing where everyone's already sitting on a pretty high chance of winning the traditional way and where the characters and handlers involved already have pretty solid and unique opportunities. I wasn't too worried about other major killers losing out after making it to Endgame—this may have been because Endgame was a cutoff for me anyways.

In any event, to get ten kills from the situation at hand, any killer would have had to dominate the late game to a greater extent than Sophie in PV1 or Dylan Walker in PV2. Given a. the infrequent and extreme nature of even that level of kill density and b. the current spread of characters making such an occurrence seem even less probable, I decided to take the opportunity to work on a scene I'd become pretty excited about and risk the weight on my conscience in the unlikely event my math was way off. If that happens—well, not much to say except I'm sorry. And extremely surprised, especially given the rolls that went down since I first wrote that last sentence. >
The situation actually took me quite by surprise—I hadn't really realized, until I crunched the numbers, how late in the game it had become. I think the game sped along in part due to losing thirteen characters to inactivity over a couple months last summer, which basically skipped TV2 straight from mid game to late game, bypassing the stage of the game where a lot of killers further solidify themselves. I suspect that if those thirteen had not been inactive killed, the field would have been a lot less narrow.

Anyways, the big thing that made me feel funny about Jewel getting ten kills on a logical level was not wanting to steal opportunities from anyone else. When everything made me as close to positive as I come that I would not be doing so, the only concerns left for me had to do with deciding what I valued more—the ending I'd figured out, or the scene Irene liked.
[+] Spoiler
So some of you may have heard bits and pieces of this, but Jewel was a super weird character in that she went from nothing to a complete profile in about four hours. I had another character laid out and a profile mostly completed as part of a group concept, but some unavoidable RL circumstances led to my writing buddy not being in position to hit the deadline. Our two characters had been really inextricably tied together, in such a way that I would not have felt right or had any fun writing one character without the other—doubly so since the whole concept wasn't mine to begin with. As such, when it became clear that there was a real possibility the other character might not make it into TV2, I decided to get cracking on a backup profile.

My initial thought was that I'd write a profile I could just roll over to TV3 if things did work out for the initial group concept. As such, I grabbed a concept I'd actually been sitting on for V6, filtered it through a TV lens (much easier given that my concepts are super rough until the profile is done—V6 proto-Jewel would have ended up looking absolutely nothing like TV2 Jewel except on a really vague thematic/progression level), and wrote the whole deal right before deadline. Having to get a profile done in such a hurry was a really interesting experience. Most likely due to the compressed nature of the process, I actually found myself coming up with all sorts of ideas for what to do—I decided I liked the TV universe better for the concept anyways. I tailored her profile and my plan in such a way that she wouldn't really need or benefit from a pregame, since due to the circumstances of her creation she wasn't getting one, though at the same time I came up with some ideas to tweak her and play with her from the start come TV3. Of course, things ended up how they did. Jewel was submitted three minutes before deadline (I had windows set up to toss out either concept, actually) and I had my cast for the game.

I was left, thus, with one hyper-considered character (Austin) and one that was the result of shrugging and hoping and throwing stuff at the wall at the literal last minute to see what stuck (Jewel). My initial expectation was that my momentary enthusiasm would wane in short order, she'd end up dying pretty quickly, maybe after getting through a little of what I'd thought. I was actually pretty nervous about it all because I had some themes I wanted to dig into with both characters and doubted I'd get to them all.

The thing was, Austin was the result of a personal experiment in that he was based on someone I knew—he was actually a sort of synthesis of two people I had really shaky relationships with, heavily fictionalized and made a bit more sympathetic but still at his core quite inspired by them. I need to be able to get into characters' heads to write them, and the first few weeks of the game revealed that Austin's was an unexpectedly awful and unpleasant place to be. He ended up with a very weird narrative voice in part due to this, and I ended up struggling greatly while writing posts that were probably not as involved or high quality as they should have been. With enough time, I might have been able to get a better handle on his voice, but he might have also ended up more like PV1's Karl—a character I could feel somewhat satisfied with on an intellectual level but with whom writing posts was like pulling teeth. Then the first rolls came, and I decided to Hero. In basically a fit of pique, I dropped the character I'd spent a lot more time on in favor of the one I was enjoying more (this is pretty much why every kid I plan a lot with ends up dead first, while my random weird kids stick around). I'm putting Austin's plans on the end of this post, if anyone's interested.

So then I was left with Jewel. She had a few key concept elements in place, and a general progression, but it was a framework without many clear details—I knew who she was and why she was behaving how she was and that it would lead to her trying to kill people, but that was basically it. The one very specific thing she'd pretty much been written for and that was still clear, however, was a death scene I'd been planning since before V4 started. It's a scene that morphed and changed a lot in how it was going to work, but the core concept was a fusion of two V4-era death plans, and it was attached to about half a dozen characters over the years. It was something of a personal obsession, and I was very attached to it to the point of making foreshadowing jokes in chat, though I guess I'm burying it now.

So I was in TV2 with Jewel, who had themes rather than plans, and basically I rolled with it. Very quickly a few structural elements became clear—if all went well, she was going to have three flashbacks to before the game and she was going to have this really specific death post. Everything else was picking what seemed in character and thematically interesting, which is in large part why she had so many plans that were abandoned.
[+] Spoiler
I had a ton of ideas with Jewel that got discarded along the way. I'm listing whatever I can remember here. A lot of these were things that never were even pitched to people—with Jewel, I tended to stick very closely to what was in-character at any given moment, and as such avoided planning many specifics because I'd frequently end up massively off script (apologies to anyone I planned specifics with and ended up in weirder places instead, and thanks for putting up with it). These aren't in any real order except the death plan is last.

Jewel vs. AnArchy, Round Two: So this is probably the thing I most regret not happening, and it was the one closest to making it to fruition. Lord_Shadow and I wanted to get Jewel and AnArchy into the same place again to see what would happen, though there was almost no planning of specifics—we'd mostly just said it would be an interesting encounter and would be for the best if both waked away from it alive. This would have fallen somewhere after Jewel and Sarah parted ways, and my personal hope was for it to land after Jewel's run-in with Dougie. Unfortunately, during the pause/holiday season, I got hit by constant flu/guests/schoolwork, to the point where threads dragged that should have taken weeks at most on for months—usually it was my fault, too. By the time I had my act together, rolls had happened and there was this insane crunch to get the scene with Dougie in (which I'd promised NAFT almost as far back as Irene and Lily) and there was just no logical/feasible place to slot this, so since it was the one I'd said "Probably" to instead of "Definitely yes" it got cut due to prioritization. I really regret it; AnArchy's a really interesting character who kept me on my toes, which is one of the most exciting things for me as a writer, and Shadow's a really cool dude who's a blast to work with.

Jewel sits around crippled for a long time: So, as mentioned, Dougie vs. Jewel's knee had been kicked around for ages—long before Lily was rolled, though it was a bit on-and-off at various moments. If it happened, it was always going to land about where it did in Jewel's chronology, too, as a late game dynamic shift. We'd figured it for the next scene after Jewel killed Asa, though I wanted to make sure that the interaction/brief partnership with Sarah was also allowed to reach its natural conclusion. NAFT and I both got slowed down/into various threads during this period, so it ended up pushed back until where it landed. It's too bad, too; I'd have loved to get another three or four threads/interactions in between things. Since I was avoiding kills at this point, my initial thought was to play with immobility in SOTF (which is a really, really scary thing given Danger Zones and other kids looking for easy prey) and helplessness, especially in the context of a character who's been very violent up to that point. Unfortunately, with how rolls fell, this ended up getting basically entirely scrapped.

Jewel offers Sarah more direct assistance in her hunt: So I didn't tell Deamon about this one because the time never seemed right and the way the Jewel/Sarah interaction played out pretty quickly pushed it to a place where it would be out of character. My initial thought during the Jewel/Sarah meet-up, though, was that Jewel would take a much more encouraging role towards Sarah's idea of revenge and offer to help her go after Ashley, basically saying, "You want Ashley dead and don't have any experience with that stuff. I'm sitting here with nine names on my belt. I think we can make a mutually beneficial arrangement." If they ever did catch up with Ashley, Jewel would then have flaked/choked/failed to be effective in any way. The interactions as they played out pushed me in the direction we ended up going, though, and Jewel parting ways with Sarah ended up better for both stories, allowing the date with Dougie to finally take place and Sarah and Ashley to get their conclusion without totally superfluous hangers-on. I think there was something interesting to this one, but I think the partnership would have had to dissolve before catching up to Ashley for Jewel to not have been a really unfortunate distraction.

Jewel vs. Dougie, Extra-Mean Version: So, even when a scene is roughly planned, I only have the start and endpoint clear in my head. Apologies to everyone that's made life super difficult for throughout the years. >< Anyways, at first I figured the Dougie/Jewel showdown would involve a lot more discussion. My plan was to have Jewel, upon realizing what Dougie meant to do, try to convince him that hurting or killing her would actually make the island a more dangerous place for everyone else by encouraging the remaining players to step up their games, and that the best plan would be to let her kill him. There was almost no chance of him biting, and even less of her going through with it if he did, but it was a big complication I was gonna lob at NAFT to see how he dealt with it. The thing was, the chemistry between Jewel and Dougie during this scene was almost purely in brevity and physical interactions, so I figured out as we were rolling that there was no way this would work and not be kind of dumb. It also did not gel with the mood Jewel was in at all. As such, good riddance to bad ideas.

Jewel takes a much more active antagonistic role in the lives of her various enemies: Jewel made a lot of enemies during the game, and she gave a lot of them headsets, which theoretically allowed them to reach each other (though she tended to keep hers set to broadcast only). Even where she didn't, she knowingly alienated people and then sent them on their ways. I was interested in playing with this, having Jewel attempt to cause further trouble to the people she'd had bad experiences with. The issue here was handling the headsets in a way that wasn't just a tired retread of TV1, combined with not wanting to get too far into other characters' storylines when I knew the payoff for them might not be what they needed—see, this tied to some degree into a few details of the death plan I had for Jewel.

The other Jewel ten kills plan: I mentioned this above, but there was one circumstance in which I'd loosely considered pursuing ten kills with Jewel: as an alternative to being in Endgame if she happened to still be in the game and at an appropriate number of kills around that time and nobody else had gotten it/was in a position to and there wasn't a good opportunity to get the death done. This was mostly just that I didn't think she'd add anything to an Endgame scenario and writing in Endgames tends to be really stressful and unpleasant for me, so I had a contingency plan. The odds of it coming into practice ever were really low—I'm mostly bringing it up as context.

Jewel dies in a way basically guaranteed to make everyone really mad at me: So I mentioned this above, but Jewel was written with a really specific death scene in mind. It was actually in first draft stage. I'll chat about the specific draft here, and then the overall scene/adaptation ideas after the draft (which is spoilered below).

See, when Jewel got rolled, I thought that the odds of anyone stepping in were extremely low (thanks, backslash.
[+] Spoiler
((Jewel Evans continued from Cursed, Hexed, Spellbound))

Jewel stumbled into some anonymous restaurant styled as an Irish pub, stumbled through the front doors and the door to the kitchen and all the way she was slowing down as the pounding and the weight on her increased even though she'd dropped every possession she had back when she fled too late. The back room had cameras in it, like every room, and it also had a narrow bank of cabinets. She knelt and opened one and pulled herself slowly inside, blood trailing all the while, and shut the door behind her, cutting herself from their view.

Basically everyone I showed it to absolutely hated it. I thought (and still think) it was pretty amusing and a totally appropriate conclusion. So yeah, that was how Jewel's story was supposed to end since basically forever. After she got Heroed, the killer slot was a bit vague—it had to be someone generally incidental to everything she'd been dealing with thus far, which is where the nemesis thing came in; I was pretty set on it not being any of them, but instead some jumpy student with a gun taking her out almost on reflex. I had a few possible thoughts as to who might have been good for it, but never approached anyone, since I prefer to take death ideas at first in case someone has something awesome I'd have never thought of.

The choreography of the scene also changed a bit, because this was right around the time the knee thing was in discussions (I was actually sad when Jewel was rolled that I wouldn't get to work with NAFT on it, because it didn't fit the chain of events). It would have taken more finagling to work with Jewel unable to walk right, since quick movement to somewhere out of sight followed by nothing was the core of the death, but I had some ideas as to how to get it to work.

So now you all know about the death plan I was fixated on for like five years IRL. It's probably kinda disappointing. >
A big part of why I'm posting all of this, actually, is that I'm a compulsive recycler and when I get an idea I like I'll hang onto it forever. By posting this, I'm putting this concept out to pasture. I don't think it'll turn up on any future characters I write—at the end, I thought I'd bump it to one of my TV3 ideas, who was also gonna be kind of nasty and villainous, but after how stuff in TV2 went off track I've decided that if any of my TV3 kids get a single kill, they will die by the next rolls, whether they're rolled or not. I don't want to keep kicking an idea from one kid to the next, anyways. It doesn't feel creatively healthy.
Anyways, I hope this was mildly interesting, and I'm sorry for rambling for so long. I've had really, really mixed feelings about a lot of this, and talking about it helps me clear my head and get into a better place moving forward.
Austin Stuff:

Austin actually steals Lucia's gun: So, folks may not know the history here, but I didn't pick where I started Austin lightly. See, Lucia was assigned the Jericho 941, which I do my best to at least briefly claim in every version it features in (success in: Evo [where I hoarded them since everyone had one], V4, and TV1—TV2 is my first failure to have one of my characters hold the thing, I think). I wanted to see if Austin could actually talk his way into the gun, so I just sorta had at. Then the rolls came around and, I kid you not, this was the thing most in favor of keeping Austin around. I actually almost didn't Hero because I wanted to keep working on Lucia, but in the end decided I valued reading Lily more. My biggest regret with Austin is that he didn't get that gun before dying.

Austin the sneaky villain: Austin was not gonna be a nice or good person as the game progressed. Initially, I planned him as a very slow-burn, subtle villain to stand in contrast to Jewel, but he was going to be just as terrible under the surface. I wanted to play with indirect villains again, since I learned a lot about it over the course of past versions and felt better able to do what I wanted with it. He wasn't going to be pure manipulation—more a jack of all trades with it in his arsenal. I had him pegged for a low-mid kill player, one who did a lot of nasty stuff that wasn't directly or immediately lethal. This got dropped because Austin was sort of emotionally unpleasant to write and was likely to end up much more so over time if things went as I'd planned.

Austin's narrative is much more conventional: Austin's narrative is really weird in part because I didn't want to be in his head in the normal ways and in part because I thought it would be an extra challenge given his anticipated trajectory. Basically, I tried to make his posts exclusively out of statements of fact—there's a little fudging when the fact is what he's thinking or whatever. This seemed really clever for like the first two posts and then became an unholy pain in the neck, but I'm really stubborn about this stuff. Anyways, the whole facts thing was a total improvisation since I realized that, without pregame, I had no idea what sort of voice to even bring to Austin. In fact, that might even be another reason Austin ended up the one to get dumped—Jewel was a character who could function without pregame, and Austin probably wasn't. I should really have gotten in gear and ground out a thread or two with him. Anyways, I guess what I'm saying here is I didn't go into TV2 planning to write Austin in robot speak. It just sorta happened, and it was probably a mistake in retrospect.
Current characters:

The Program: V3 Prologue:
Mina Mashall - Digital Voice Recorder - Making a good impression - "I didn't know you felt so strongly about me."
Erik Bell - Jericho .941 - Having lunch - "May I?"

SECOND CHANCES: V2:
Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:
EW4: Jewel Evans - Chatterbox Communicator Headsets (0/5) - Online - ELIMINATED - "Scars are just reminders to be better next time."
[+] Spoiler
The Program V1:
M06: Karl Chalmers - American Flag - The Mess Hall - DECEASED
F09: Nichole "Nikki" Campbell - 6 Pack of Beer (0/6) - Open Ground - DECEASED

The Program V2:
M08: Alexander Bonham - Steel Folding Chair - The Pine Stands - DECEASED
F20: Robin Pounds - Stress Ball - Mountain Track - DECEASED

SOTF-TV V1:
PRP3: Karen Ruiz - Glock 17 (0/17 +1 bullet), WASP Knife, Swordcane - Over and out - ELIMINATED - "I don't find pointless death funny."
W02: Renée Carlson - Straight Razor - The Resort Beach - DECEASED

SOTF-TV V2:
SS4: Austin White - Gold Retractable Spyglass - The World Oyster - DECEASED

Second Chances V1:
G16: Nicole Husher (thanks to TBH!) - Colt Single Action Army - The Makeshift Hospital - DECEASED

Second Chances V2:
B12: Richard Ormsby - x4 Flashbang Grenades - The Ravine - DECEASED
B22: William Lohman - Winchester Model 1897 - The Ravine - DECEASED

BR AU:
B15: Shuya Nanahara - No Weapon - The School Building - DECEASED
B20: Kyoichi Motobuchi - Bulletproof Vest - Tourist Association - DECEASED
G01: Mizuho Inada - Grenades (0/2) - Clinic - DECEASED

SOTF Evolution:
Subject C01: Samantha Reynolds - Facial Morphing - The Cove - ELIMINATED

VIRTUA SOTF:
M11: Richard Ormsby - Cowbell - The Corssroads Bridge - GAME OVER
M22: William Lohman - Hockey Stick - The Corssroads Bridge - GAME OVER
If you want an honest assessment of your character's storyline, feel free to PM me and I'll whip one up as soon as I am able.

Thanks to Bear/Frogue/Kotorikun/Ryuki for the avatar art.

backslash
Winner

March 15th, 2015, 1:18 am #27

Oh hey, I have things that can go here.

Sebastien the player: My original plan for Seb was to go straight villain, as I think I've mentioned elsewhere, but he wound up going in a very different direction thanks to his pregame. I thought about having him fall back into that plan once Awesometonia fell apart, but he died before that could happen.

Sebastien tries to kill Shawn and/or Anastasia: Similar but not quite in the same vein as the above, if the Awesometonia plot had been allowed to progress a little further and gradually fall apart instead of all at once, I might have offered to kill either Shawn or Ana if either of them got rolled at a point I felt was fitting, sort of as a parting shot for Seb leaving the group for good. Shawn got rolled before I really felt it fit, and I heroed Seb the next rolls anyway, so this didn't happen either.

Sebastien commits suicide: My fallback plan for Sebastien's death in case death ideas didn't work out for some reason was always just to have him shut down over the fact that all his friends were dying and walk into a Danger Zone. Pretty stock stuff, but I didn't end up having to resort to that.

Pia the player hunter: My original plan for Pia, before Matt and his glorious plan happened. I don't know how much the general feel of her story would have been affected by the change, really.

Pia kills Regina: Before Regina caught a hero the first time she was rolled, this was our plan. Pia and Paisley were going to run across the Regina/Bella/Tucker/Yagmur group, and Regina would have asked Pia for a mercy kill upon realizing that the injuries Gene gave her were going to prove too much in the long run. Then Regina got a hero and Pia got rolled, and the rest is history.

Ashley kills Pia: Persy and I talked about this when Pia got rolled, since Pia was planning on tracking down Ashley for Caroline's death eventually. They would have had a shootout and Pia would have died in the process. They still ended up having their shootout, but Pia went off to die somewhere else.

Veteran
Veteran

March 15th, 2015, 10:45 am #28

Oh, I think I had some scrapped ideas as well. Let's see what I can remember.

Terrible Puns - I kinda planned Gene to discover Matt's corpse and do awful puns.
"It was nice to have Matt-hew"
"You should've let this Pia girl mAlone. That wasn't a Weiss decision."
"Did you plan to Hopkinto something?"
and the most sucky one "Your team is probably unbearable."

Thread Title - Well, I started two threads with terrible thread titles, because they were spontanous. In retrospective I just should've used an MGMT song as a thread title. Because TV1.

Gene starts with Zoe - So, as Pre-game stopped, the Aqualung thread didn't continue, but I think we wanted to write more. IIRC Gene was planned to meet Zoe and a boogie character in his first thread. But as version starts are fast, areas got claimed. Then he met Aidan instead, which was cool, as the scene was fun to write. And later he met Zoe anyway.

Forrest and Davis meet - Well, Persy pointed out that both like sports and comics (Batman and Superman), so it was a cool idea that they'd have met and probably team up? But I didn't expect Davis to die that fast. So it didn't happen.

I fucking love grenades - Taylor could've killed one of my characters if they were rolled first. With grenades (probably by putting the grenade into their bag and running away, I think).

Set fire to the bamboo - I like meeting characters twice. When "Dangerous" was finished or on-going (I cannot remember) Doc and I had an idea of Vahka killing Gene while the whole bamboo broadwalk burned (You know? If bamboo burns there will also be lots of explosions.) I cannot remember details, I assume he probably would be killed with the sword? And I think Gene flees through the fire and injuries himself (because fire and explosion! Bam!). Or Gene used the fire to distract Vahka and flee. I cannot recall. Anyway, that was an idea for a rematch.

Not sure whether I should post alternative death/kill ideas as well?

That's all I can remember for now.

Iceblock
Veteran

April 26th, 2015, 10:00 pm #29

TV2

I think since all Caroline's friends are in the big mansion in the sky now (stole the concept from Deamon, plagiarism alert), it's safe to post this.

Caroline actually does something regarding escape: Because none of her bandmates were on the same team as each other, escape was really the only option she was willing to accept. Otherwise, she would have offered to help one of them reach 10 kills and have the other two team-win. The escape attempt wouldn't have been particularly sophisticated, because neither Caroline or I are any good at figuring out how to disarm collars from just a look.
[+] Spoiler
It would have basically just been trial and error with dead people's collars, with Caroline attempting to play on the audience all throughout to try to raise ratings and appeal to the mentors by suggesting that all teams involved would get the glory of the "win" (balancing out the disadvantage of taking their team members away to be part of the escape attempt). Basically just make the escape very obvious but make it seem exciting and appealing so that the producers wouldn't blow them up.

If I had to guess, even if they had succeeded somehow, someone would have gotten blown up at the end for drama and to show that they weren't getting let off without casualties. I don't think I hinted anything of the sort because it never got to that point, but Caroline intended to place herself as the "leader" in order to be the most likely to take the fall if that happened.

I think the idea appealed to me because normally escapes have to be super hush-hush IC, but with the TV universe there was the possibility of going about it differently.

Also I emphasized Caroline's flaws and being a bad person earlier in her story to show that she wasn't being a hero attempting an escape. She just wanted her friends out at any cost, and she'd only sacrifice herself if need be for them, no one else.

OOC, I also had some doubts, seeing as I had just technically won Program V2 with Audrey. I didn't really want to be seen as leading an escape attempt for further OOC attention, although Caroline IC would want to be the "leader" in terms of taking the fall. (It didn't help that Caroline was naturally one of the more outspoken and attention-grabby characters in her band.) But since it was the only thing that made sense to me to have Caroline do IC, I went ahead anyway.
In the end, Val's death + my own sudden summer plans put a stop to that.

I hero Caroline: Similar to her plan that she take the fall for the escape attempt by acting as the leader, I always meant for her to take the fall OOC as well. I'm usually too indecisive on heroing, but I told myself I would definitely hero if another band member came up on the chopping block. However, only Sarah got rolled before Caroline, and NAFT saved her.

Then I meant for Caroline to die the first time she was rolled, but Condor heroed her with Val, causing the situation that I was afraid of. So Val died first, and the escape attempt ended anyway.

That's not to say that I resented the hero! Thanks anyway, Condor.
This signature intentionally left blank.

Program V3 Prologue:
Sylvia Veneski -- F32 -- Clothes Hanger -- Alive -- Someday We Won't Remember This
[+] Spoiler
SOTF TV:
Katherine "Kathy" Clements -- ORA5 -- Swordcane -- Deceased -- Last Page

Virtua-SOTF:
Samuel Wilson -- M02 -- Bottle of Maple Syrup -- Deceased -- Swan Song

Program V2:
Audrey McKee -- F11 -- Weighted Leather Glove -- Alive -- Semper Fi

SOTF TV V2:
Caroline Leveson -- BB2 -- Fire Iron -- Deceased -- It's Bad. We're Hit, Man, We Are Hit

Espi
Veteran
Espi
Veteran

November 12th, 2015, 1:02 am #30

WHAT IS THIS MADNESS IS THIS MY TV2 WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN COMPILATION I DON'T EVEN

I like these threads okay ;~;

Riley the smart/showy player
There was a reason for me killing Riley unrolled, which was that my original plans for Riley, she was of two minds; on one hand, I wanted her to be smart and strategic (think her hiding behind a door for an ambush in the tower thread). However, I also wanted her to be a showy, attention-whorey character ("Later bitches!"). These proved really hard to mesh, so that coupled with some IRL troubles led me to killing her off.

"I'm Riley Motherfucking Parker"
This is a thing I wanted Riley to say before killing someone. Not much to say here, just a line I liked.

"I won! I WON!"
If Riley won (which in retrospect was never going to happen) I was going to have her go ham and start screaming, "I won!" over and over before collapsing in a fit of insane cackling. Again, not much here, just a random idea.

Lucy the swashbuckler
I was really excited when I got the szabla, 'cause I love that kind of sword. I'd hoped to get in a fight with someone and write a cool swordfight scene, but Lucy died before I could do that.
[+] Spoiler
Lucy Williams: He had a point
Riley Parker: Flew too close to the gun
[+] Spoiler
Nate Chauncey: in a void
Clio Gabriella: Blew her top