Story on the Radio

MurderWeasel
Mini Maestro
MurderWeasel
Mini Maestro

June 17th, 2014, 5:59 am #1

((Jewel Evans continued from Don't you?))

"If I were her," Jewel said, "I'd just fuck them both."

Across the room, on a mid-sized flat-screen television perched atop a dresser, Mae St. Clair was fairly obviously masturbating in her sleep. It was about eleven thirty at night, and this was as close to live as SOTF-TV got, and Jewel was sitting on Coleen's bed wearing flannel pajamas. A pad with her sleeping bag on it was already laid out parallel to the bed, the same as it had been time and again for nearly a decade. Perhaps they were a bit old to still fall into the sleepover ritual, but it was, Jewel thought, unquestionably the best way to experience SOTF.

"The real question," Coleen said, raising her eyebrow exaggeratedly, "is: at once, or in sequence?"

Jewel giggled in lieu of responding directly; caught in her own joke, she'd pushed the conversation into waters she was not entirely at ease diving. Usually when she felt uncomfortable with an avenue of discussion she would giggle and then Coleen would chuckle and that would be the end of it, but sometimes Coleen would push and Jewel always wound up letting her have her way.

Coleen chuckled. Order was restored.

"I mean," Jewel said, "that's if I were in her shoes. Because, just me? I don't even know why she's staying with Shawn. I mean, besides the team thing."

Coleen was also in her pajamas, and they each had a mug of tea and a small dish of cookies, courtesy of Coleen's mother. "I'd much rather brew some tea than see you girls out getting drunk at some party," she'd said, and Jewel had felt a hint of squirming guilt knowing that Coleen had a taste for Smirnoff mixes.

"I dunno," Coleen said. "Shawn has better hair. Much better hair."

"You can have him, then," Jewel said. "They way we both get what we want and we can still be friends."

"But what about Mae?" Coleen asked. Her voice was sticky sweet and innocent, and Jewel had to stuff a cookie in her mouth to avoid laughing. She didn't bite down, though, instead taking it back out when the moment passed and returning it to the plate. Coleen pulled a face, but Jewel held up a finger.

"Mae?" she said. She drew back her lips into a wide smile that almost matched Coleen's tone. "I think I saw Vincent lurking around. He can have her."

She swung the finger in an arc, around to her throat, and pulled it slowly across, scrunching up her right eye and letting her tongue hang out as she did. Dead meat.

"You're terrible," Coleen said, and laughed.

The view on the screen shifted, and the timestamp indicated this was slightly older footage, and now Devonte Washington was expressing disbelief that Anthony Rollins could have been the first to die. Coleen raised her arm, remote in hand, and muted it with a flick of her thumb.

"I don't like him," she said.

"Anthony?" Jewel wasn't that torn up when he perished in a hail of bullets, sure, but she hadn't seen anything wrong with the boy. He'd been entertaining enough that she'd known his name, which was more than she could say of most of the field on the first day, and with the stupid gnome hat he had been amusing without stretching over into obnoxious.

"No, stupid." Coleen sighed, an exaggerated gesture so that Jewel would know that Coleen didn't actually think she was stupid. "Vincent."

Jewel shifted on the bed and resisted the urge to adjust her pajama bottoms, which were riding up a little. Outside on the street, an old pickup truck rumbled past, its engine sputtering. Jewel looked out the window and followed it with her eyes, half expecting it to give one last heave and break down in front of Coleen's porch.

"What's wrong with Vincent?" she asked. It was meant as genuine curiosity, not a challenge, but the corners of Coleen's lips drooped.

"I don't know," she said. "He's just weird. Not good weird. Not Archie Stewart weird. Creepy."

They sat silently for a few seconds after that. Jewel picked the cookie back up and bit it in half, crunched the chocolate chips between her teeth and swallowed before she'd ground it into a fine enough paste. She coughed and took a sip of her tea, which was starting to go cold.

"Jewel," Coleen said, "if I ever get chosen, I want you to tell all the reporters that I liked Shawn better."

As she took it off, Jewel saw that the blood had seeped even through her t-shirt, small rusty splotches speckling her stomach. She wet a corner of the shirt in the sink and scrubbed at her skin, ignoring the ringing in her head and how the dampness combined with her state of undress made goosebumps prickle along her arms and her muscles tense up. In reminder of how close she had come to disaster, two small burn marks lay to the left of her belly button. Her veins thumped as she examined the marks.

Behind her and centered on her back loomed the most obvious camera in the room, and to her left, crumpled on the floor, her coat and backpack and gun and stun baton. She threw the shirt on top of the pile as she finished cleaning off the blood, and then she examined her reflection. She picked the shirt back up and used the corner to wipe off her mascara, which was starting to run, and then threw it back onto the pile and knelt to dig through the backpack. She had, prior to removing her shirt, tied the bandanna to her upper left arm, and now it provided a band of minor warmth against the chill. She sniffed, picked up the t-shirt yet again, and wiped her back and neck and stomach and armpits after wetting it further. The chill made the ringing seem stronger though its volume was the same, and she shivered even though it was far warmer in here than she had been since awakening, and she scrubbed away at the accumulated grime of sweat.

It was almost morning and Jewel had passed the night in the transportation center. She had eaten her entire sub and half of the spare from the first boy, reasoning that most likely they would not keep well and she could use all the energy she could get and she was in a building with bathrooms now. Then she had laid down on a bench and slept, a deeper sleep than she had expected or desired. With a jolt, she had awakened and then made her to the bathroom, and started to prepare for the second day after relieving herself. She had decided to change, as her clothes were spattered in dirt, sweat, and blood.

Because her pack was jammed full with twice the usual amount of supplies, Jewel had to tug hard three times when the zipper caught in order to coax it open. She extracted her belongings; two first aid kits were at the top but were not what she needed now, having already changed the bandages on her hand when first she entered the bathroom. The clothes had shifted to the bottom, with the foil square of the condom wrapper atop them. She was given a set of track pants, a flat black t-shirt, another t-shirt with the logo for Monster energy drinks on it, and a bundle of white cloth. As she straightened it, she saw that the largest object was a lab coat, and she smiled. It was strange to leave her t-shirt, but this was the next best thing.

So slowly she pulled on the white crop-top and swapped her loose black skirt for the tighter white one that came only halfway to her knees, and topped it off with the coat which hung to mid-thigh and the bandanna back in its place over the outermost layer. They did not provide a change in undergarments or stockings and she would not have used one; the black looked a little odd against the white and the coat was lighter than her wool one and she had about three inches of midriff showing now including the faint burn marks but that was all immaterial and she held in reserve the more practical clothes and of course also her original outfit in case it ended up the cleanest.

Jewel looked in the mirror and adjusted her hair.

Throughout she kept her ears open always for the sounds of someone else coming, and the gun—loaded once more—and stun baton—so simple in theory and also execution from what she had experienced—within arm's reach.

And nobody came, so when she was presentable she made her way out of the bathroom and back into the main body of the building, and she sat down on one of the benches facing the front door, bag at her feet and one weapon on either side of her, and leaned back, arms draped over the rear of her seat.
Current characters:

The Program: V3 Prologue:
Mina Mashall - Digital Voice Recorder - Making a good impression - "I didn't know you felt so strongly about me."
Erik Bell - Jericho .941 - Having lunch - "May I?"

SECOND CHANCES: V2:
Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:
EW4: Jewel Evans - Chatterbox Communicator Headsets (0/5) - Online - ELIMINATED - "Scars are just reminders to be better next time."
[+] Spoiler
The Program V1:
M06: Karl Chalmers - American Flag - The Mess Hall - DECEASED
F09: Nichole "Nikki" Campbell - 6 Pack of Beer (0/6) - Open Ground - DECEASED

The Program V2:
M08: Alexander Bonham - Steel Folding Chair - The Pine Stands - DECEASED
F20: Robin Pounds - Stress Ball - Mountain Track - DECEASED

SOTF-TV V1:
PRP3: Karen Ruiz - Glock 17 (0/17 +1 bullet), WASP Knife, Swordcane - Over and out - ELIMINATED - "I don't find pointless death funny."
W02: Renée Carlson - Straight Razor - The Resort Beach - DECEASED

SOTF-TV V2:
SS4: Austin White - Gold Retractable Spyglass - The World Oyster - DECEASED

Second Chances V1:
G16: Nicole Husher (thanks to TBH!) - Colt Single Action Army - The Makeshift Hospital - DECEASED

Second Chances V2:
B12: Richard Ormsby - x4 Flashbang Grenades - The Ravine - DECEASED
B22: William Lohman - Winchester Model 1897 - The Ravine - DECEASED

BR AU:
B15: Shuya Nanahara - No Weapon - The School Building - DECEASED
B20: Kyoichi Motobuchi - Bulletproof Vest - Tourist Association - DECEASED
G01: Mizuho Inada - Grenades (0/2) - Clinic - DECEASED

SOTF Evolution:
Subject C01: Samantha Reynolds - Facial Morphing - The Cove - ELIMINATED

VIRTUA SOTF:
M11: Richard Ormsby - Cowbell - The Corssroads Bridge - GAME OVER
M22: William Lohman - Hockey Stick - The Corssroads Bridge - GAME OVER
If you want an honest assessment of your character's storyline, feel free to PM me and I'll whip one up as soon as I am able.

Thanks to Bear/Frogue/Kotorikun/Ryuki for the avatar art.

Macha
Veteran
Macha
Veteran

June 19th, 2014, 11:42 pm #2

[Genevieve Cordova, continued from We Throw Parties, You Throw Knives.]

Condominium almost sounded as stupid as Cyan Stingrays.

Genevieve had wondered, once or twice, what the word condo was short for. She assumed it was from Greek, or Latin, or Dutch, or wherever the linguistic orgy that was the English language was stealing its words from this week. Finding out that it was actually short for Condominium, which rolled off the tongue like strep throat and sounded like a metal used for weird sex things, was one of those mild inconveniences of the English language that Genevieve would have semi-ironically treated like an earth-shattering revelation prior to waking up in SOTF. Kind of like finding out that GIF was pronounced with a soft-G. Or that, when making plans, people had always been saying play it by ear and not play it by here. That kind of bullshit.

Now that Genevieve had actual things to worry about beyond whether the girls/boys/misc at school knew she was gay and whether pictures of her drunken Waffle House debauchery had ended up on social networking sites, she could hardly care that a perfectly respectable word like condo was short for Condominium. She just muttered that it was stupid with weary resignation, and moved on to the next triviality of trying to survive.

Anyway, that's why Genevieve avoided the Condominium like the plague.

Instead, she moved towards the central area of the resort, which had been marked on her map as the Tour Guide and Transportation Centre. It took longer than she had expected- Genevieve was legendarily terrible at finding her way around places- but she eventually found it.

“I may be lost, I may be blind...” She found herself humming an old Brit-pop melody- the name of which she could barely remember- under her breath as she walked. She wondered if it was old enough to get censored by the production staff. Copyright was what, a hundred-fifty years plus the life of the author? “I may be cursing most of the time but it's half the fun.”

Echobelly, she remembered by connecting the melody to the lyrics, was the band. The title of the song was I Can't Imagine the World Without Me. The song itself never really lived up to the promise of the title, but what song could?

Genevieve brushed old sand from the hem of her dress and approached the building, insurance policy clanking against her ankle with each shaky step. The building looked like a cross between a reception and a bus station. A plain building with a big, obnoxious sun for its sign.

"I sure wish that thing gave off heat," Genevieve grumbled under her breath, brushing her hands together.

Genevieve brushed old sand off her dress and cautiously walked into the condo, insurance policy clanking against her ankle with each shaky step she took. Deciding that the knife would do more good in her hand, rather than her boot, she knelt down and clasped it in her right hand. Figuring it would do even more good hidden, Genevieve conealed the knife in her pocket as she opened the front door.

“Hey there,” she said cautiously to the unknown girl. “You gonna shoot me, or are we cool?”

MurderWeasel
Mini Maestro
MurderWeasel
Mini Maestro

June 24th, 2014, 5:58 am #3

"I don't like committing to anything too quickly," Jewel said, "so let's leave it at not yet."

The new girl was tall almost like Jewel was and she was thin. The girl was not obviously armed which meant very little. Jewel was obviously armed, and she now let her right hand fall from the back of the bench and took the pistol into it, though she did not aim it at the interloper. She could have pulled the trigger and added a sixth check by her name, and maybe the time would come for that later.

When the door opened, cool air had slipped in—or maybe she'd just imagined it with the ringing—and spiraled around her, making her want to shiver. She was able to resist the urge. She had been for some time sitting still, and she rolled her shoulders and flexed her toes in her shoes, working out tension. She had seen nobody since last evening, and idly she wondered whether some of those she had met and left behind were still alive. She would, if her sense of time was accurate, soon know.

The kids at Whittree were all familiar to Jewel, even the ones whose names she didn't know off the top of her head, and this girl was not among those faces. Jewel had watched enough SOTF to know that that put them in a difficult situation for a few reasons, so she after a second did point her gun at the other girl as she spoke next, though she did not steady it or focus as she had when approaching the second and third boys.

"I think I killed four of your classmates," said Jewel. "I hope that won't be a problem. What's your name?"
Current characters:

Mina Mashall - Digital Voice Recorder - Making a good impression - "I didn't know you felt so strongly about me."

Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:
EW4: Jewel Evans - Chatterbox Communicator Headsets (0/5) - Online - ELIMINATED - "Scars are just reminders to be better next time."
[+] Spoiler
The Program V1:

The Program V2:

SOTF-TV V1:
PRP3: Karen Ruiz - Glock 17 (0/17 +1 bullet), WASP Knife, Swordcane - Over and out - ELIMINATED - "I don't find pointless death funny."

SOTF-TV V2:

Second Chances V1:
G16: Nicole Husher (thanks to TBH!) - Colt Single Action Army - The Makeshift Hospital - DECEASED

Second Chances V2:

BR AU:

SOTF Evolution:

VIRTUA SOTF:
If you want an honest assessment of your character's storyline, feel free to PM me and I'll whip one up as soon as I am able.

Macha
Veteran
Macha
Veteran

June 24th, 2014, 12:05 pm #4

Genevieve pursed her lips. Her hand tightened around the knife in her pocket.

Not much else she could do when she was staring down the barrel of a gun.

Each anxious breath condensed in front of her face.

"Not unless you make it one," said Genevieve, reluctantly. She sighed. "Did you at least kill AnArchy?"

As much as Genevieve wanted to take a stand and avenge whichever of her friends this Karen Ruiz cosplayer may or may not have killed, either by killing her outright or by destroying her credibility with some dying act of defiance, Genevieve also quite enjoyed living- and wanted to make it back home a whole lot more than she wanted to avenge some dead friends.

There were enough dead heroes. Genevieve wanted to live.

Regardless, the cosplayer had four supposed kills to her name. That warranted a measure of caution when dealing with her. Without a name, Genevieve had no way of knowing whether her purported kill-count was empty bragging or a plain statement of fact.

Genevieve suspected the it was just a bluff. The girl was negotiating from a position of strength when it would have been quicker and easier to just kill her and ended the confrontation quickly. In which case, Genevieve smelled a fangirl. Appropriating her favourite murderers without a hint of irony.

Still, anyone with four supposed kills to her name warranted some measure of caution, so Genevieve kept her thoughts to herself. She backed down.

"I'm Genni," she said. A nickname she had always hated, but far simpler to pronounce than Genevieve. "Genni Hayward."

A Freudian slip, rather than an earnest attempt to subterfuge, but Genevieve never stopped to correct herself anyway.

"With a G and an I," she continued. "My parents were weird like that."

MurderWeasel
Mini Maestro
MurderWeasel
Mini Maestro

June 24th, 2014, 7:19 pm #5

When Genni explained how her name was spelled Jewel said, "I'm sorry," and then doubled back around to the question about Anarchy, which had made her frown. Obviously it was a nickname, but that made it more difficult for Jewel to figure out the answer. It didn't sound like anyone she'd killed, really, didn't flow from the names of the two non-Whittree students who hadn't yet been announced. It was information to store away. If Anarchy was unpopular then perhaps she merited attention enough for at least a few words, or maybe she was dangerous to the point that even her classmates could realize it. She let the question pass unanswered for now.

Compositionally, this room was fairly boring. It was benches and doors and two girls and little else, and the doors went to the bathroom and out front and probably out back also though Jewel hadn't checked yet. There were cameras up above, most likely, and then at strategic points along the walls, spaced every half-foot or so between three and seven feet high so as to best get face shots regardless of whether someone was sitting or standing. Jewel still held the gun pointed at Genni but was starting to lose some interest in the stand-off; it was now insurance policy more than threat.

People lied on SOTF, and not only the villains. Ben Grayson made it through most of the game feigning allegiance to the wrong team, up until his dying breath. At a certain point even most who claimed to wish to hold to ethics wound up fully comfortable making exceptions for people who'd killed repeatedly.

It was easier now in a way for Jewel to think. She was aware of her heartbeat but no longer overwhelmed by its sound and feel, and the ringing in her ears from the gunfire had dissipated enough that she couldn't be sure if it was still there and she had simply gotten used to it or if because she had gotten used to it she was still imagining it in its absence.
Current characters:

Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:
[+] Spoiler
The Program V1:

The Program V2:

SOTF-TV V1:

SOTF-TV V2:

Second Chances V1:

Second Chances V2:

BR AU:

SOTF Evolution:

VIRTUA SOTF:

Macha
Veteran
Macha
Veteran

June 24th, 2014, 11:23 pm #6

“It's whatever,” Genevieve said, with a resigned shrug. Growing up with an uncommon name meant that she was more than used to people calling her name- or variations upon it- stupid, or apologizing to her for her parents' taste in baby names. After a while, it stopped registering. “I mean, not whatever, because it's my name and all but-- yeah. It's short for Genevieve. Genevieve Hayward.”

The name rolled off her tongue more naturally than Cordova ever had. It was almost funny, really. Now she was acknowledging them as her real family, it was too late to do anything about it.

Genevieve let herself relax somewhat. Her free arm fell limp at her side as she released the tension held in her shoulders with a sharp exhale. The fangirl still had a gun pointed towards her face, but Genevieve was starting to think the fangirl's heart wasn't in it. Genevieve tapped her index finger against the grip of her knife as she awaited a response. When none arrived, she created her own.

“So, who are you?” Genevieve asked, as calmly as she could. She felt surprisingly calm, given the situation. “I don't recognize you, so I figure you're probably from the other school-- and if you're not, I'm really sorry-- but I guess I'd like to know, all the same.”

MurderWeasel
Mini Maestro
MurderWeasel
Mini Maestro

June 25th, 2014, 7:30 am #7

"I'm Jewel," Jewel said. "Nice to meet you."

Because there was a good chance this girl had already picked up her last name from the announcements, she didn't bother repeating it. She held little interest in the chain of logic that brought about Genni's nickname; in fact, Jewel assumed that unless something changed this would end the same way as the last time she introduced herself. Jewel let the gun droop and then lower to her side. She shifted her shoulders. This was uncomfortably normal.

Genni had given her whole thought process about why she didn't know Jewel, the sort of over-sharing that could be a warning sign or a hint of some sinister motivation or impending danger with a few logical leaps. If Jewel had been watching this from her sofa, she would have wondered when someone would die. She would have looked for the angles, the ambush from the back door or the sudden lunge. Genni was still standing further away than anyone Jewel had shot.

"I guess my—" Jewel started, but then the announcer's morning greeting blasted from everywhere and it was loud enough to be nearly physical, hitting her right through the ringing and echoing the noises she'd faced before, and Jewel winced and brought the gun back up in surprise, but not steadily.

She almost pulled the trigger to earn time alone, but instead took a deep breath and lowered her arm again and said, "Sorry. I'm sorry. I didn't expect that," as the woman started describing what she'd done yesterday.
Current characters:

Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:
[+] Spoiler
The Program V1:

The Program V2:

SOTF-TV V1:

SOTF-TV V2:

Second Chances V1:

Second Chances V2:

BR AU:

SOTF Evolution:

VIRTUA SOTF:

Macha
Veteran
Macha
Veteran

July 5th, 2014, 1:20 am #8

Jewel, the fangirl answered.

The name rang a bell, but Genevieve could hardly remember why.

So she went digging through her memories like a playlist of every teenage phase she wanted to repress, every embarrassing failure that hardly mattered, every triumphant success that seemed so minuscule by comparison. Genevieve remembered events through the background music, the unreleased soundtrack album of her life, and she skimmed everything she could recall at a pinch for anything that would jog her memory.

She started with the big, life-changing stuff; first kiss was tangled-up headphones, cherry lip gloss and Franz Ferdinand's Take Me Out on a dirty park bench. First break-up was Relient K with What to Bury, Us or the Hatchet repeated ad nauseam at two am in her room at the Haywards. Her last party before the abduction was PBRs, Space Jam, coin tossing and One Republic's Counting Stars. Her last good party was Elastica's Waking Up in a crowded apartment, sprawled around the floor playing Never Have I Ever.

The track Genevieve was looking for was far more recent, she realised. Stomping snow to the baseline of We Will Rock You, to drown out the guilt with Riley (Dead) and Louise (Probably Dead) behind her.

Genevieve recalled hearing the name Jewel Evans mentioned in the first announcement, but at the time she was too busy trying to beat out the intermingled classic rock and guilt.

Then realisation hit her like a sack of bricks.

Her face dropped.

The fangirl wasn't lying.

"Jewel Evans?" asked Genevieve.

She was ostensibly calm; Genevieve had always been good at hiding her disgust. Inside she was furious. The old-fashioned gun was still- shakily- pointed towards her and Jewel had come dangerously close to discharging it out of shock. Knowing that Jewel had the motive- ten kills and you're home, Genevieve remembered- and the means to take her out put Genevieve in a precarious situation. She wanted desperately to lunge with her knife, for no other reason than to martyr herself to avenge her dead friends, but her body refused to move.

Genevieve swallowed her pride and the lump in her throat and slowly she released her grip on her knife and let her arms fall limp at her sides.

"It's fine-- It's okay," Genevieve tried to assure an apologetic Jewel, against her better judgement. "Just so long as you don't, y'know, actually shoot me with it."

The announcement droned, as announcements always do. Genevieve would always skip past the announcements when watching from home, use them as bathroom breaks or excuses to make tea. If she really needed that information, there were plenty of places she could get it on the internet.

Now that she was on the ground herself, Genevieve stood in silence as the announcer recounted the rest of their sins with rehearsed bravado.

My kingdom for a smartphone, Genevieve thought, if only so she could get that same information without the bullshit.

The announcement ended without fanfare.

"No song." Genevieve said, visibly annoyed. "Are you serious? That was the best gimmick they've introduced since they put teams in the game and they're only using it for the first announcement. What a load of crap."

MurderWeasel
Mini Maestro
MurderWeasel
Mini Maestro

July 5th, 2014, 5:56 am #9

Jewel was at a loss for words. She almost shot at the girl to cover up, but when she was about to pull the trigger she changed her mind and rose from her seat instead. She held her gun with her right hand and with her left scooped up the stun baton and tucked it under her arm and then hoisted her bag over her shoulder. In doing this she bought seconds of thought and self control and didn't laugh in this girl's—Genni's, Genni who Jewel did not plan to shoot right now—face. This all echoed what last night took Jewel so by surprise, what sent Cathryn into the night with a headset and orders and what gave Jewel the little burn marks on her stomach.

Playing that scene twice would bring nothing to her.

"Make a request," Jewel said. "Maybe they'll play it for you."

Gimmicks were exactly the sort of vapid distraction Jewel gritted her teeth through, far worse than costumes in that their influence was small and they offered scant insight into the contestants. She felt in this moment something halfway between kinship and scorn with this girl—Genni—who most likely loved the show like Jewel did once yet whose specific range of interest likely varied greatly from hers. Maybe, had they been classmates, they could have sat on a couch after school and laughed and listened to music and watched to see if Amber Lyons would break down finally or Odile Jones would at long last choke in her web of lies, but most likely they would have never spoken. Liking SOTF was a very easy quality to find in a friend.

And now they weren't friends, and maybe it was in Jewel's best interests to pull the trigger but that wasn't what she wanted and wasn't right. But the longer she was here the less sure she became, and she had already gathered her belongings with an eye towards leaving. The sun was up. She could move on and probably she wouldn't freeze as she would have overnight. The game was thawing once more, and Jewel was on deck for the second day.

So she backed up. There was a back door; she'd been afraid at first that someone would sneak in through it and ambush her while she spoke with this—with Genni. Jewel stepped backwards towards it now, gun still pointed but to call it aimed would be a stretch.

"I have things to do," she said. "You can stay here if you want. I won't be coming back today."

It was either a gift or a lie; Jewel had yet to decide which. She had her eyes trained so intently forwards that she was taken by surprise completely when her left leg bumped into another bench as she backed up. Jewel stumbled and tensed but did not fall and did not pull the trigger and blow out one of the windows or knock a hole in the wall. She glanced over her shoulder for half a second, traced a path to the door, corrected her trajectory and moved with quicker steps now, a heat settling over her face and shoulders and back.

"Later."

She groped behind her with her left hand, found the door handle, and slipped through and out into the early morning chill. It was lucky the door hadn't been locked.

((Jewel Evans continued in Cursed, Hexed, Spellbound))
Current characters:

Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:
[+] Spoiler
The Program V1:

The Program V2:

SOTF-TV V1:

SOTF-TV V2:

Second Chances V1:

Second Chances V2:

BR AU:

SOTF Evolution:

VIRTUA SOTF: