Spiders in my Needle

Deamon
Winner
Deamon
Winner

February 14th, 2015, 4:27 pm #1

((RBP3: Sarah Bourne continued from Grins and Guns))

Dignity wasn't in abundance in Survival of the Fittest. That was what Sarah was learning; the cameras ensured every moment was on display. Even ones that would normally be considered private. The bodies also helped make sure that even in death you got to be displayed until the end of the game. She weighed the axe gun in her hands, passing it between them. It was almost uncomfortable. The fact it was the best form of protection she had made sure that it at least made her feel safer.

She'd been to a few different places after leaving Jewel. All of them visited with the purpose of trying to find Ashley. So far she had come up empty handed. It was both a disappointment and a relief. It meant that for a little while longer she got to keep what was like of her innocence.

It was a temporary reprieve. Either she'd find Ashley or someone aggressive would find her and then all bets would be off. She had decided what she was going to do in both scenarios; at the same time it didn't mean she had to like what that meant for her and her life...or what was left of it.

She had already decided that things were different. She put her bag down on one of the benches and scanned the centre. It looked like she was alone, save the cameras and bodies. They didn't count as company. Sarah was starting to understand why the protest groups had a problem with Survival of the Fittest. Only took her being on the show to finally see their point. There was irony there. She smiled a little at it even. It was funny. She spun the axe gun around in her hand and waited. A break from the cold would do her some good. With a yawn Sarah sat down on one of the benches and put her feet up. She had time. They'd make the game area smaller. There would be no rush.
PV2.5
Dakota Hightower - - The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie

SOTF SC2
G04: Yasmin "Yaz" Carrol - - I'm Dracula Bitch - "I'll be back as quickly as possible. I promise."
G19: Kris - - - - - - - Myopia
[+] spoiler
RBP3: Sarah Bourne - λ - λ - λ - λ - λ - λ - λ - λ - λ - Spiders in my Needle - "Yeah I won't be able to take it back."
SP2: Isaiah Hall - $ - Rosebud - Shot with an arrow.
[+] spoiler
M12: Chris Brooks - Entrenching Tool - Dead - Getting blood on the floor in Two Foot Wide and Six Foot Deep - "Fuck You."
F14: Jasmine Stone - Army Action Figure - Dead - Getting her skull broken in Whatever Happened to The American Dream - "There's nothing aggressive about ignoring someone."
[+] spoiler
F17: Martha Stock - Game Over - Shovel - "But hey it's not all bad, I mean look at this lovely weather."
Currently bleeding out in It's not like its for real or anything, right?

Un-Persona
Winner

February 21st, 2015, 4:41 pm #2

((Ashley Namath: RBP2 - TV2 - Last Time In Billet-Doux))

Ashley didn't want to be back here again. This place sucked the last time she was here, but she needed to rest her legs. She felt like she scoured the entire island. Just a quick breather, and she would be out again.

The areas were closing in fast. That just meant there wasn't much more to see, anymore people to meet. She kinda liked it like that. No more formalities, or promises, or anything. Just her, and everybody else.

She really wished it was like that from the beginning. Regardless. She removed her first gun from her bag, the second still in her other hand. She pushed the door open by her shoulder, the sun shining brightly through the window blinds.

She began walking.
PV3 relationship thread! Say hi to my kids! ~
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
&
[+] spoiler
V7 - - PV3 - {❤} - TV3 - - V8 -

Deamon
Winner
Deamon
Winner

February 22nd, 2015, 12:03 am #3

Sitting by herself was starting to become super boring. Sarah was stretched out across the benches with Chip sitting on her stomach. She had been showing him the axe gun out of boredom. He had said it had looked cool. Sarah really didn't care if people watching thought she was a nut for pretending to have conversations with a Mr. Potato Head. It helped her stay relaxed. Being relaxed was good; being jumpy could lead to you making mistakes. She had come too far for mistakes. She needed to be thinking clearly for what was ahead, after all soon she would have to venture out and find her quarry.

Then the door open. She heard the footsteps and looked up. She could hardly believe what she saw. The face, the eyes, the skin colour. After all her time searching her prey had come to her. Sarah reacted immediately, hopping over the bench she was sitting on, pulling Chip and her pack over after her. She peeked over the back of the bench. There was a bit of a gap between them she needed to get closer. She glanced down at Chip. He could give her the time she needed.

"Sorry for this buddy. Maybe I'll see you again." She said, delicately kissing the top of Chip's head. Then in one fluid motion she popped up from behind the bench and threw Chip as hard as she could at Ashley's head. Before darting down the line of benches with the axe gun clenched between her white knuckles.

It was time to rescue her world.
PV2.5

SOTF SC2
G04: Yasmin "Yaz" Carrol - - I'm Dracula Bitch - "I'll be back as quickly as possible. I promise."
[+] spoiler
RBP3: Sarah Bourne - λ - λ - λ - λ - λ - λ - λ - λ - λ - Spiders in my Needle - "Yeah I won't be able to take it back."
[+] spoiler
M12: Chris Brooks - Entrenching Tool - Dead - Getting blood on the floor in Two Foot Wide and Six Foot Deep - "Fuck You."
F14: Jasmine Stone - Army Action Figure - Dead - Getting her skull broken in Whatever Happened to The American Dream - "There's nothing aggressive about ignoring someone."
[+] spoiler
F17: Martha Stock - Game Over - Shovel - "But hey it's not all bad, I mean look at this lovely weather."

Un-Persona
Winner

February 22nd, 2015, 12:27 am #4

Step by step, and she was already being attacked. Fantastic. She was too sleepy. Her reaction time was off by a large margin. When she looked to where the commotion was coming from, it was already gone, and a flying potato was coming her at ~50 miles per hour. It cracked her right in the forehead, knocking both her balance and glasses off.

"Fucking ow..."

She took some time getting to hurt, leaving the sore spot alone. Her glasses were scratched and dirty...more than before at least. She squinted at the ground below her.

"What are you looking at, never seen a talking potato before?"

She blinked. She breathed. She shot Chip with her second gun, right in the nose.

No more nightmares.

Ashley dropped her bag onto the floor, and looked up.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
&
[+] spoiler

Deamon
Winner
Deamon
Winner

February 22nd, 2015, 9:22 pm #5

She shot Chip. That bitch. The gunshot caught her off guard with just how loud it was. Just like the first time.

Sarah thought she was close enough to shot the axe gun. Couldn't be sure, but she didn't have time to think it through. It was either shoot while her prey was distracted or miss the chance forever. Now or never.

She thought of Valerie and Caroline. She'd get to avenge one at least. At least she'd have that.

Steadying herself Sarah rose up from behind the bench, the axe gun pointed straight at Ashley. A small grin played at the corners of her mouth.

Then she pulled the trigger.
PV2.5

SOTF SC2
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

Un-Persona
Winner

February 22nd, 2015, 10:21 pm #6

So this is what a bullet was really like. One that didn't just dance around and cut her, but was determined to kill. Ashley was flattened by it instantly, but it only slightly detered her survival instincts. Get knocked down, get up, get knocked down again, contemplate your life choices while you're on the floor. Her shoulder was on fire. She winced, as her head jerked it's way up to take a glance at it. It sounded like a cannon when it went off, but this...actually this still hurt a lot. A lot a lot.

But she was alive, and it could be worse. Why was everything so slow? She looked up straight again, and her vision came in like a mirage. She raised her first gun. Concentrate.

Bang.

Fuck it.

She raised her second gun.

Pew.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
&
[+] spoiler

Deamon
Winner
Deamon
Winner

February 22nd, 2015, 11:34 pm #7

Her prey went down and a wave of relief washed over Sarah. After what felt like an eternity she'd done it. She turned and leaned her back against the bench, looking up into the sky at Valerie and Caroline. Sarah breathed out a sigh of relief and smiled.

That was when the bang came and a bullet ripped through her back and out of her chest. Sarah gripped the back of the bench tightly as a gasp of pain escaped her lips. Her breaths were ragged and the pain was like an inferno. She turned using the bench as she fought to keep upright. As she did so though another bullet lodged itself in her abdomen. This time the sound escaping her lips was a cry of pain. Raw and feral.

She pushed herself to move. But all she did was edge across the bench until it ended and she fell to the floor. There was a pool of blood spreading down the front and back of her top but she couldn't fix that. Sarah continued to move forwards, towards her downed prey. On her hands and knees she moved forwards.

One, Ashley was in front of her.

Two, Sarah raised the axe gun.

Three, she saw the faces of her friends, Valerie, Caroline, Jewel.

Four times she brought the axe gun down.
PV2.5

SOTF SC2
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

Un-Persona
Winner

February 23rd, 2015, 12:20 am #8

She hit. She hit Sarah twice. But Ashley still couldn't move. It was fear, definitely. There was usually one big moment where she would stop panting, and just let it out. But there was none of that.

There was Sarah, though, coming right towards her. Plenty of her to go around, all on the floor and walls. And then there's this big heaping mess right in front of Ashley's face. She got here fast. Ashley was being bleed on again.

The weapon came down, all slow like. This wasn't fair. She still had so much...ah...

She blocked the blade with her guns in a cross, and just at the nick of her neck too. Ashley showed a crooked non-smile on her face.

"Not...my fault..."

It wasn't any of her fault. If you wanted to call her a murderer, it was the producers fault. If you wanted to call her weak, that was her parents fault. If you wanted to call her evil, that was God's fault.

Not hers.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
&
[+] spoiler

Deamon
Winner
Deamon
Winner

February 23rd, 2015, 12:43 am #9

She said it wasn't her fault. Like Sarah was going to believe that shit. Too late now anyway, she was dying from two bullets. Ashley had blocked the axe gun. If Sarah could have made a sound of frustration she would have. Instead she just continued moving with a purpose.

Reaching her left hand out she wrapped it around Ashley's throat and pulled herself on top of the other girl. Her strength was fading but she kept her grip and started to squeeze. It was supposed to be hard to choke someone with one hand but at the same time it wasn't her entire plan. Her hand snaked up Ashley's face before settling into position over her cheek and eye. Sarah pushed down hard. Pinning her prey's head in place.

Her right hand still had the axe gun. She took a deep breath. There was an old phrase about going for the jugular, Sarah intended to follow it.
PV2.5

SOTF SC2
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

Un-Persona
Winner

February 23rd, 2015, 1:08 am #10

The axe made a whooshing sound. It reached her neck, and she let out a death roar. Her voice diminished, her brow furrowed, even with that broken look. This still wasn't fair. Everyone needed to get their due.

She had dropped her second gun, useless. It couldn't have stopped her from being attacked. The weapon was stuck.

Ashley reached her empty hand, and caressed Sarah's face.

"...Th-thorry."

She then returned the favor, and shot the other girl in the chest.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
&
[+] spoiler

Deamon
Winner
Deamon
Winner

February 23rd, 2015, 1:38 am #11

She buried the axe gun in her prey's throat. One of Ashley's guns fell to the floor. Sarah just waited as Ashley reached up with her free hand. It stroked her face. She was too hurt to even care. Then she was shot for a third time.

Sarah fell back off Ashley from the force of the shot. Three times she'd been shot. There was no walking away from it. She was done. After all the time she spent trying to get revenge for her friends, she had been taken out herself by one of their killers. She had been so stupid and made so many mistakes. She felt sorry for Jewel and Anzu. They would have to find out their friend was dead from the announcements.

"You...You fucked it up." Sarah sputtered. It hurt to talk. "Killing...Caroline." She could feel her blood spreading out onto the floor. "Spent rest of my time...trying to find you." She coughed and blood came up. Probably something to do with a lung. Such a waste of everything.

"Fucking die."
PV2.5

SOTF SC2
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

Un-Persona
Winner

February 23rd, 2015, 2:28 am #12

Ashley still didn't breathe. When Sarah rolled off, it didn't feel like a weight had just been lifted off of her. It was more like she had just been sapped, and felt empty as a result. She was still bleeding. The axe was still there.

Her head glazed over when Sarah started talking again. She couldn't even nod. So she laid there, with her, all alone together. The room suddenly got darker. It was startling. Maybe a cloud was blocking the sun.

Sarah hated her. Hatred was funny. It was many things: an emotion, a motive, and for some, just another word. It didn't mean anything for some. But for Ashley, it meant everything in the world to her, right now.

She reached out for Sarah's hand. Wrapped her fingers around hers. A show of love. All she wanted was love. That's why she always read those stupid books. That's why she enjoyed looking from the top of the lights at the school plays. But this, was enough.

"Sucks...to...suck...ahahaha...bitch."

Because hatred could be her mistress.

It wasn't love.

But it was nice enough that someone cared.

((Ashley Namath: RBP2 - TV2 - The End))

---

Lights off.

Rolling credits.

Patty and Lily Namath watched in silence.

"Man...that was so...so...lame. Of course Ashley died first."

"Lame? I thought it was cool...she died kinda like a...um..."

"Like a LOSER. She had two guns! She totally could have gone rambo."

"I'm pretty sure the other gun ran out of bullets, Lily."

"Whatever! She looked like she was about to cry."

"Wouldn't you?"

"Heck no! You gotta go out like a total badass!"

"I still think it was cool. Not everything needs to be so action packed. I like some quiet moments."

"You would."

"I'm not the reason we need a night light, so shove it."

"...Whatever. We don't need to worry about that kinda stuff anyway."

"I guess...but hey, at least I get the new room, so you can keep your nightlight."

"Wait, why do you get the new room!?"

"Cause I'm the oldest now. So nyeh."

"That's so not fair. I hope the SOTF people take you next."

"Love you too. Goodnight Lily."

"G'niiiiiight!"
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
&
[+] spoiler

Deamon
Winner
Deamon
Winner

February 23rd, 2015, 3:21 pm #13

Ashley's fingers wrapped around hers. Sarah squeezed back. Back to reality. Their time on TV was done.

She hated Ashley for killing Caroline, but now as they both died together who cared. They had almost been friends once. Of course in their new lives on Survival of the Fittest they had been enemies. But that was for the audience really, it was all they'd know of them. Maybe some of the people they knew in Whittree would understand, but probably not. It was hard to understand any of Survival of the Fittest without being on it yourself.

Sarah coughed again and the metallic taste of blood filled her mouth. So pointless. Jewel had been right though. She couldn't take it back. Especially not now that she had been shot three times. That kinda put a stop to any hope of walking it off. Chip had been shot too, everything was fucked basically.

Ashley was saying something and Sarah could just make out the words. She didn't have any real response to it besides one thing.

"Hahaha."

A small laugh. It hurt to even laugh that much but there it was. In the end when people would assess how well she did Sarah wondered where she'd end up in the rankings. Probably not very high. Jewel was going to end up as a character on Champions. Sarah...not so much.

Her KDA was fine though. One kill. One death. Equaled out at zero. She had broken even and that was alright.

It was time to visit the Scarlet Devil Mansion. She just hoped Valerie and Caroline hadn't claimed the best rooms already. That would fucking suck. Just like the rest of her week really.
PV2.5

SOTF SC2
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler