SotF TV: The Third Announcement

T-Fox
Veteran
T-Fox
Veteran

August 1st, 2011, 2:16 pm #1

Thirty six hours. Thirty six hours, and already twenty were dead. One team was already down to their last member. So much had happened in the last day and a half. It had been such entertaining television. The addition of the mentors had been such a good idea, so many people would tune in just to watch Mr. Clayton once again, even if he wasn't sharing any of the action.

That was actually a good idea to pitch. SotF, the reunion game.

All just mental speculation, brainstorming, a way to kill time until the clock struck midnight, the next time he could grace the remaining contestants with the sound of his voice. A small smile curled across his lips. He'd gone over the list his intern had handed him multiple times, checking for any discrepancy he could possibly find. Keep from a repeat of last time. That hadn't truly been the cause of death and he'd known it, but damn if it wasn't funny to fuck with these kids heads.

---

"I'd like to congratulate each and every one of you kids. You have all outlasted twenty of your classmates, peers, and for some of you, sworn enemies. I have to say, I was skeptical about schools falling into immediate alliances, but I have to say you've proved me wrong, and I'm all the happier for it!" One could almost hear the sick, demented smile behind his words, just grinning behind a microphone in his cushy little box seats to the death-match.

"Before I get into the deaths, I have some statistics to throw out, if any of you happen to be gambling men. Or interested in that sort of thing, although kids today have the attention span of a flea, so somehow I doubt it. Either way, you may be interested to hear that in one of the few rare instances here on Survival of the Fittest, we can say with certainty that the Purple team is far and away doing the best this round. One couldn't say winning, since there is no one way to win, but this team is definitely the best off. Sitting with all five members still, they have an amazing combined five kills after only a day and a half."

"On the other hand, of course, far and away the worst off team... Or should I say individual is the Black team. I won't tell you who this individual is kids, that just wouldn't be fair. We've seen upset comebacks in the past, so don't worry yourself too much. You could still win this. Although honestly hon? It's not looking very good."

There was a brief pause as the sound of shuffling paper echoed across the island.

"Alright, where was I... Oh, yes. We have a small update from last announcement! Your favorite announcer can't watch everything that occurs on the island all at once, and as I was preparing the last announcement I was handed a tape labeled "Black Team Kill Footage". I have to say, this was one doozy, and well worth the suspenseful wait. Panya Bishara was double teamed by one Mae St. Clair and one Alicia White. Even with slo motion replays of that death, we still can't tell who received the final blow. We'll have to figure out how to handle that if one of the two approaches ten kills. Excellent display though you two, that was one for the highlight reels. Don't you feel like celebrities now?"

"Of course, not all deaths can be that incredible to watch. Suzanne Lanford decided to take the easy way out, drowning herself in one of the lakes to not have to see the atrocities or some such crap. Way to blow a shot at the big time. One Mr. John Lemmon was also killed by Odile Jones, just moments after her first victim. Although the kills just straddled the cut off for the last announcement. My apologies for cutting your aptitude short, Ms. Showman."

"In far from a first on Survival of the Fittest, we have a mercy kill between best friends. How sweet. Devonte Washington was choked to death by Marcus Walker, so unfortunately we have to give him credit instead of the catalyst. Next up, our most prolific killer has made a stunning comeback, gunning down our most heavily armed contestant, Marvia Jones. That's some talent. Let's see... Zachariah Johnston made a second appearance with some underhanded tactics, poisoning Marion Clayton. Some revenge motive or something. Internet fans. You do some research, figure out what he was on about."

"Karen Ruiz resurfaced once again, this time gunning down the forming of a very powerful duo and probably saving herself some heartache later on down the road. Tiffany Dexter lost her shot at making it home in quite the entertaining firefight. One still left though Karen, be careful of that one."

"So, those of you down at the Hotspot? You know, when a naked, screaming Todd Hudson streaked past? I would have been just as confused as you. This has to be one of the most entertaining deaths I've had the pleasure to narrate. Straight into the volcano. Oh man. Winner, look that shit up on Youtube when you get home, assuming you didn't see it yourself first hand. Our next death was equally as strange. Shawn Morrison showed that nature really is powerful. Back on day one, he picked up a dead Boa Constrictor and shoved it in his bag. Today, he used it to choke Jaszmine Johnson to death. You kids really are creative, I have to give you that."

"Next up, Kevin Fielding just kind of... exploded. As did the career of one of our technicians. And last, but not least, Peter Campbell died at the hands of Timothy Walker. Three in the chest. I approve of your efficiency Tim."

"And certainly not unimportant your new danger zones are The Inland Lake and The Rain Forest. Yes, the entire thing. Keep up the curve kids. Each and every announcement has more and more death, I wanna see this trend continue! Until midnight, this is Leo, signing off."

---

Alright, here's the rolls this month. Same drill as usual. Three days for card, seven days after for deaths.

#1 Eloise Winterburn (Chib)
#2 Jeanette Buendia (Rugga)
#3 April Stone (Dom) Sean Davidson (Anderson)
#4 Alicia White (The Bearded One)
#5 Sidney Rice (Kami)
Second Chances:
B??: Chadd Crossen (Audi R8) - Colehurst Secondary School - (Kill Count: 0) - 100% - "I've got my girl and my ride. What else does a guy need?
B??: Rekka Saionji (Sushi Knife) - Colehurst Secondary School (Kill Count: 0) - 100% - "I don't think I'll ever get used to this place... The sea is where I belong."

Old RPs
[+] Spoiler
Battle Royale RP:
B07: Yoshitoku Kuninobu (Shamisen) - Hope or Pain - The Northern Cliffs (A8/A9) (Kill Count: 0) - 85% (Broken Nose, Cracked Rib) - "Shuuya... No. No!"
B21: Kazuhiko Yamamoto (Luger 9mm) - Run to Your Love - The Reef (J3) (Kill Count: 1 - Sakura Ogawai) - DECEASED: Killed By Kazuo Kiriyama - Rank 31 - "Sakura... I'm sorry."

Evo:
C10: Raymond Pietrowski Jr. (Stone Transformation) - The Settlement: The Second Kill is the Hardest - (Kill Count: 1 - Khalid Shamoun?) - DECEASED: Killed by Khalid Shamoun - Rank 6 - "You wouldn't believe what happened to me if I tried to tell you. Just know I'm pulling for you. Graduate, move on with your life, and don't forget me."

SotF TV:
RD3: Jhamel Thompson - The Open Plains: And Yet So Far - (Kill Count: 0) - DECEASED: Killed by Collar Detonation - Rank 18 - Killed for doing the right thing.

Macha
Veteran
Macha
Veteran

August 1st, 2011, 2:29 pm #2

Hey! I have a couple ideas for April's death, but if anyone could spare a hero it would be very appreciated.

Anderson
Rookie

August 1st, 2011, 3:20 pm #3

Heroing Sean Davidson for April Stone in exchange for a hero for Zach Johnson later (should that come up).

The Bearded One
Regular

August 1st, 2011, 3:49 pm #4

I'll accept a Hero for Alicia if one is given, but I'm also interested in people PMing me with death ideas.

Thanks in advance.
SotF-TV:
[+] Spoiler
Bobby Goldman - track star & wannabe firefighter from Detroit Central HS. Wpn = Shopping Cart (abandoned), 1x plastic rod, 2x (destroyed) 1x metal rod, 1x copper pipe
Pregame: Party Hard -> Doorways
Grey #1 -> Cold & Lonely Road -> Establishing Shot -> Friendly Fire -> Walking Dead -> Peers -> Metanoia -> Transitive Bodies -> As Cold as Silence -> The Wild Hunt -> Wrong Direction -> Bagman's Gambit.

and: Alicia White - fairy-obsessed former gang girl from Detroit Central HS. Wpn = Remington 870 Shotgun [7/8]
Pregame: Lunch Line
Gold #3 -> Lucidity -> Partly Cloudy -> King of the Jungle -> Time to Pretend -> Of Elves and Men.
Virtua-SOTF:
[+] Spoiler
Warren Davies - fan of hockey, history, & games. Wpn = Sawed-off Shotgun [12/12]
The Saloon is Open -> The Good, the Bad, and the OMGWTF

Anderson
Rookie

August 1st, 2011, 8:58 pm #5

I'm so glad we started early on this...

Yep, Sean's dead. Also, looks like the thread will finish out at 80 posts...I think that's probably a two-handler record.

Flayer
Flayer

August 1st, 2011, 11:24 pm #6

An all-female wave of death this round...
SOTF-TV
Axel Stadler
Weapons: Complete Team Rosters, Improvised Weapons (Sockful of Rocks, Scissor Blade Shiv)
Threads: Smoke on the Water --> Just a Quick Swim--> Tread Softly-->Tainted Love

Attention, fans of being entertained. Read my comedy story, Camp Cheerful Bluejay, and comment, because I am a shameless attention whore.

KamiKaze
Contender
KamiKaze
Contender

August 2nd, 2011, 12:46 am #7

Erm, may I have a hero? Sidney's... kind of in an (arguably) awkward spot. XD

If not! Send me ideas on how to kill her if you have any ideas.
Kami's Sidestories
Charlotte "Charlie" Pemberton- Female Student #??- "Um, hey... I know a lot about meat. How much do you want to cook yours?"

They will come back. They always do. We have a place for them.
Felicia LaChapelle (SC)- Female Student #022- Attempting first-aid to the soundtrack of an Eminem song.
Miranda Millers (SC)- Female Student #024- Pranking people not quite to death with a tire iron
[+] Spoiler
Holly Chapman (Evolution)- Subject C09- Died strong.
Kami Steele/"Beatrix Kiddo"/"Hit Girl" (Program)- Female Student #02- At least she tried.
Sidney Rice (TV)- Yellow Team 3- BANHAMMERED!
Simon Leroy (Virtua)- Male Student #20- Had it coming.
Sidney Rice (SC)- Female Student #03- PERMABANNED!
Carol Burke (SC)- Female Student #04- Oops.
Felicia LaChapelle (Program)- Female Student #03- NOPE.
Kaede "Katie" Tanaka (Virtua)- Female Student #4- Died like a true cowgirl.
Nina Riddhi (TV2)- Honey Badger #1- Time ran out.
Bella Bianchi (TV2)- Cobalt Jellyfish #1- Had her last performance.
wrote: Bake We'll just ask Elena to add a new area into the compound. "Siobhan's Cleavage" - The spaciously large cleavage of an overweight, promiscuous cheerleader who wants to go to Beauty School. THREADS ALLOWED: 8

12:40 Slamexo She [Sidney] sells trollin' and trollin' accessories

02:41 Medic Why does the world hate my racist jackass--wait that speaks for itself.
Click here for awesomeness. Your brain will be BLOWN. : D

Chib
Rookie
Chib
Rookie

August 2nd, 2011, 12:05 pm #8

Welp... balls. I'm strongly doubting that anybody found Eloise interesting enough to hero, so go ahead and send me ideas. Though I may have one of my own, so don't feel bad if said plan goes into motion instead.
[+] Spoiler
James "Ford" Ford, an artist's soul, in search of fulfilment.
Riley Moon, a free spirit, hunting for truth.
Alister Taylor, a gentle heart, lacking in purpose.
[+] Spoiler
Principle Roles:
Jean Valjean (Edgar Tolstoff), Inspector Javert, Fantine (Tessa Blackridge), Cosette (Mia Long), Marius Pontmercy (Harry Hanley), M. Thernardier (Winston Evans), Mme. Thernardier (Luna Ganderweight), Eponine (Ruby Forrester), Gavroche
Minor Roles:
Enjolras (Owen Kay), Grantaire (Jesse Alston), Les Amis d'ABC, Thernardier's Gang, Bishop Myriel, Bamatabois, Chorus
Production:
Director (James Ford), Assistant Director (Claire Monaghan), Producer, Stage Management, Lighting/Sound (Casey Malkovich), Set Building/Design (Chase Rodriguez), Wardrobe, Front of House, Choraeography, Vocal Coaching, anything else I didn't think of

This now has its own thread! All interest, ideas, advice, etc... welcomed! Les Misérables confirmed for the 2012 production, fated never to go on stage. Having one that went on in 2011 is just doomed to obscurity.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
G045 - Ema Ryan - Never made it home.
Reaching out for someone who was never there, laying flat on her face in a pool of her own blood in the Residential Area; Maladjusted
|- -3 -| |- -2 -> -1 -|
|- 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4 -> 5 -> 6 -> 7 -> 8 -> 9 -> 10 -> 11 -> 12 -> 13 -> 14 -> 15 -> 16 -> 17 -> 18 -> 19 -> 20 -> 21 -> 22 -> 23 -> 24 -> 25 -> 26 -|
Status - Dead: Succumbed to wounds inflicted by Saul Fetteralf and Raidon Naoko
Weaponry on body - Falcata, Hunga Munga, Vektor CP1 - 0/10 (+ 2/10 & 10/10), Colt Anaconda - 5/6 + 12, Model 14 Nambu - 0/8 + 3/8 Taurus PT99 - 7/15 + 1x15, Model 176B - 5 darts
[9/276] - 8 Kills - Died Day 13

B114 - Logan Reynolds - Told himself a little harmless lie.
Laying under blood and broken glass in the Hall of Mirrors; Laisse tomber les filles
|- -1 -| |- 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4 -> 5 -> 6 -> 7 -> 8 -|
Status - Dead: Shotgunned by Bill Davis
[153/276] - 0 Kills - Died Day 6

B152 - Steve Barnes - Found a little piece of heaven.
Laying headless in the middle of the Fun Fair; Break Up And Break Down
|- 1 -> 2 -> 3 -|
Status - Dead: Decapitated by Hayley Kelly
[245/276] 0 Kills - Died Day 2
[+] Spoiler
Brown #3: Eloise Winterburn told herself she wouldn't beg.
Location: Somewhere out in The Open Plains - A Portrait Of Skin
|- -3 -> -2 -> -1 -| |- 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4 -|
Weaponry: Sledgehammer [Taken by Jacob]

Pink #5: Isaac King had ironic last thoughts, come to think of it.
Location: The Cruise Ship - Magical Bunny Girl Warrior Sidney-Chan
|- 1 -> 2 -> 3 -|
Weaponry: IMI Desert Eagle [Taken by Vincent]

T-Fox
Veteran
T-Fox
Veteran

August 2nd, 2011, 1:55 pm #9

2 Days and 21 Minutes for cards.
Second Chances:
B??: Chadd Crossen (Audi R8) - Colehurst Secondary School - (Kill Count: 0) - 100% - "I've got my girl and my ride. What else does a guy need?
B??: Rekka Saionji (Sushi Knife) - Colehurst Secondary School (Kill Count: 0) - 100% - "I don't think I'll ever get used to this place... The sea is where I belong."

Old RPs
[+] Spoiler
Battle Royale RP:
B07: Yoshitoku Kuninobu (Shamisen) - Hope or Pain - The Northern Cliffs (A8/A9) (Kill Count: 0) - 85% (Broken Nose, Cracked Rib) - "Shuuya... No. No!"
B21: Kazuhiko Yamamoto (Luger 9mm) - Run to Your Love - The Reef (J3) (Kill Count: 1 - Sakura Ogawai) - DECEASED: Killed By Kazuo Kiriyama - Rank 31 - "Sakura... I'm sorry."

Evo:
C10: Raymond Pietrowski Jr. (Stone Transformation) - The Settlement: The Second Kill is the Hardest - (Kill Count: 1 - Khalid Shamoun?) - DECEASED: Killed by Khalid Shamoun - Rank 6 - "You wouldn't believe what happened to me if I tried to tell you. Just know I'm pulling for you. Graduate, move on with your life, and don't forget me."

SotF TV:
RD3: Jhamel Thompson - The Open Plains: And Yet So Far - (Kill Count: 0) - DECEASED: Killed by Collar Detonation - Rank 18 - Killed for doing the right thing.

T-Fox
Veteran
T-Fox
Veteran

August 3rd, 2011, 3:30 pm #10

22 hours and 44 minutes for card plays.
Second Chances:

Old RPs
[+] Spoiler
Battle Royale RP:

Evo:

SotF TV:

T-Fox
Veteran
T-Fox
Veteran

August 4th, 2011, 3:37 pm #11

Card playing time was up about an hour and 15 minutes ago.

6 Days, 23 hours and 39 minutes for deaths.
Second Chances:

Old RPs
[+] Spoiler
Battle Royale RP:

Evo:

SotF TV:

MurderWeasel
Mini Maestro
MurderWeasel
Mini Maestro

August 7th, 2011, 7:44 pm #12

Three days, eighteen hours, and thirty-two minutes for deaths.
Current characters:

The Program: V3 Prologue:
Mina Mashall - Digital Voice Recorder - Making a good impression - "I didn't know you felt so strongly about me."
Erik Bell - Jericho .941 - Having lunch - "May I?"

SECOND CHANCES: V2:
Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:
EW4: Jewel Evans - Chatterbox Communicator Headsets (0/5) - Online - ELIMINATED - "Scars are just reminders to be better next time."
[+] Spoiler
The Program V1:
M06: Karl Chalmers - American Flag - The Mess Hall - DECEASED
F09: Nichole "Nikki" Campbell - 6 Pack of Beer (0/6) - Open Ground - DECEASED

The Program V2:
M08: Alexander Bonham - Steel Folding Chair - The Pine Stands - DECEASED
F20: Robin Pounds - Stress Ball - Mountain Track - DECEASED

SOTF-TV V1:
PRP3: Karen Ruiz - Glock 17 (0/17 +1 bullet), WASP Knife, Swordcane - Over and out - ELIMINATED - "I don't find pointless death funny."
W02: Renée Carlson - Straight Razor - The Resort Beach - DECEASED

SOTF-TV V2:
SS4: Austin White - Gold Retractable Spyglass - The World Oyster - DECEASED

Second Chances V1:
G16: Nicole Husher (thanks to TBH!) - Colt Single Action Army - The Makeshift Hospital - DECEASED

Second Chances V2:
B12: Richard Ormsby - x4 Flashbang Grenades - The Ravine - DECEASED
B22: William Lohman - Winchester Model 1897 - The Ravine - DECEASED

BR AU:
B15: Shuya Nanahara - No Weapon - The School Building - DECEASED
B20: Kyoichi Motobuchi - Bulletproof Vest - Tourist Association - DECEASED
G01: Mizuho Inada - Grenades (0/2) - Clinic - DECEASED

SOTF Evolution:
Subject C01: Samantha Reynolds - Facial Morphing - The Cove - ELIMINATED

VIRTUA SOTF:
M11: Richard Ormsby - Cowbell - The Corssroads Bridge - GAME OVER
M22: William Lohman - Hockey Stick - The Corssroads Bridge - GAME OVER
If you want an honest assessment of your character's storyline, feel free to PM me and I'll whip one up as soon as I am able.

Thanks to Bear/Frogue/Kotorikun/Ryuki for the avatar art.

MurderWeasel
Mini Maestro
MurderWeasel
Mini Maestro

August 8th, 2011, 5:27 pm #13

Two days, twenty hours, and forty-nine minutes left for deaths.
Current characters:

Mina Mashall - Digital Voice Recorder - Making a good impression - "I didn't know you felt so strongly about me."

Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:
EW4: Jewel Evans - Chatterbox Communicator Headsets (0/5) - Online - ELIMINATED - "Scars are just reminders to be better next time."
[+] Spoiler
The Program V1:

The Program V2:

SOTF-TV V1:
PRP3: Karen Ruiz - Glock 17 (0/17 +1 bullet), WASP Knife, Swordcane - Over and out - ELIMINATED - "I don't find pointless death funny."

SOTF-TV V2:

Second Chances V1:
G16: Nicole Husher (thanks to TBH!) - Colt Single Action Army - The Makeshift Hospital - DECEASED

Second Chances V2:

BR AU:

SOTF Evolution:

VIRTUA SOTF:
If you want an honest assessment of your character's storyline, feel free to PM me and I'll whip one up as soon as I am able.

Chib
Rookie
Chib
Rookie

August 8th, 2011, 11:22 pm #14

Right so. After a whole mess of waiting, Eloise finally has a death lined up. I have little to no doubt that this will require an extension, in part because I was waiting on the first person I asked (not gonna name names, wasn't really their fault anyway and I don't roll that way), and in part because the killer's gonna be killing two people in separate instances.

So yeah. Could I have one of a few days pretty please?
[+] Spoiler
James "Ford" Ford, an artist's soul, in search of fulfilment.
Riley Moon, a free spirit, hunting for truth.
Alister Taylor, a gentle heart, lacking in purpose.
[+] Spoiler
Principle Roles:
Jean Valjean (Edgar Tolstoff), Inspector Javert, Fantine (Tessa Blackridge), Cosette (Mia Long), Marius Pontmercy (Harry Hanley), M. Thernardier (Winston Evans), Mme. Thernardier (Luna Ganderweight), Eponine (Ruby Forrester), Gavroche
Minor Roles:
Enjolras (Owen Kay), Grantaire (Jesse Alston), Les Amis d'ABC, Thernardier's Gang, Bishop Myriel, Bamatabois, Chorus
Production:
Director (James Ford), Assistant Director (Claire Monaghan), Producer, Stage Management, Lighting/Sound (Casey Malkovich), Set Building/Design (Chase Rodriguez), Wardrobe, Front of House, Choraeography, Vocal Coaching, anything else I didn't think of

This now has its own thread! All interest, ideas, advice, etc... welcomed! Les Misérables confirmed for the 2012 production, fated never to go on stage. Having one that went on in 2011 is just doomed to obscurity.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
G045 - Ema Ryan - Never made it home.
Reaching out for someone who was never there, laying flat on her face in a pool of her own blood in the Residential Area; Maladjusted
|- -3 -| |- -2 -> -1 -|
|- 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4 -> 5 -> 6 -> 7 -> 8 -> 9 -> 10 -> 11 -> 12 -> 13 -> 14 -> 15 -> 16 -> 17 -> 18 -> 19 -> 20 -> 21 -> 22 -> 23 -> 24 -> 25 -> 26 -|
Status - Dead: Succumbed to wounds inflicted by Saul Fetteralf and Raidon Naoko
Weaponry on body - Falcata, Hunga Munga, Vektor CP1 - 0/10 (+ 2/10 & 10/10), Colt Anaconda - 5/6 + 12, Model 14 Nambu - 0/8 + 3/8 Taurus PT99 - 7/15 + 1x15, Model 176B - 5 darts
[9/276] - 8 Kills - Died Day 13

B114 - Logan Reynolds - Told himself a little harmless lie.
Laying under blood and broken glass in the Hall of Mirrors; Laisse tomber les filles
|- -1 -| |- 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4 -> 5 -> 6 -> 7 -> 8 -|
Status - Dead: Shotgunned by Bill Davis
[153/276] - 0 Kills - Died Day 6

B152 - Steve Barnes - Found a little piece of heaven.
Laying headless in the middle of the Fun Fair; Break Up And Break Down
|- 1 -> 2 -> 3 -|
Status - Dead: Decapitated by Hayley Kelly
[245/276] 0 Kills - Died Day 2
[+] Spoiler
Brown #3: Eloise Winterburn told herself she wouldn't beg.
Location: Somewhere out in The Open Plains - A Portrait Of Skin
|- -3 -> -2 -> -1 -| |- 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4 -|
Weaponry: Sledgehammer [Taken by Jacob]

Pink #5: Isaac King had ironic last thoughts, come to think of it.
Location: The Cruise Ship - Magical Bunny Girl Warrior Sidney-Chan
|- 1 -> 2 -> 3 -|
Weaponry: IMI Desert Eagle [Taken by Vincent]

MurderWeasel
Mini Maestro
MurderWeasel
Mini Maestro

August 9th, 2011, 5:38 pm #15

One day, twenty hours, and forty-eight minutes for deaths.
Current characters:

Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:
[+] Spoiler
The Program V1:

The Program V2:

SOTF-TV V1:

SOTF-TV V2:

Second Chances V1:

Second Chances V2:

BR AU:

SOTF Evolution:

VIRTUA SOTF: