Sotf-TV Discussion Thread

Cake
Mini Maestro
Cake
Mini Maestro

April 5th, 2012, 11:35 pm #1

I made a thread like this for the Program before, but the General Thread on the main site reminded me to bring the idea back again.

This thread is one where we can post our thoughts and comments on anything we've read, witnessed, wrote, or on the events from the Program. So favorite moments, events, kills, deaths, writing, what ever. Just mention it here.

It's like the thread from the main site, so it follows the same rules, as long as it pertains to the SOTF-TV mini. (Past, Present, or future editions, ect.)

~~~

Let's start this thread out like this: http://s10.zetaboards.com/SOTF_V2/topic/7322472/1/
From the current edition of SOTF-TV - what characters do you all think would suit each alignment the best?
Second Chances Version 2 Characters:
B14: Kyran Dean | Alive - bandaged cheek with diagonal scar, bloody nose | Whatever (Catchphrase) in: Hero? But I'm a Kid Like Everyone Else | AK-47
G29: Wendy Fischer | Alive | Pantsless in: Carp Diem | Frozen 25lb Carp with no head (Mr. Dolph)

Sotf-TV Season 65 Flagship:
Gold Team Member #4 (SDA Male): Shawn Morrison | One with the Universe | Being Real in: Oracular Spectacular | Brian Peter George St. John Le Baptiste De La Salle Eno, The Deceased Boa Constrictor.

MurderWeasel
Mini Maestro
MurderWeasel
Mini Maestro

April 6th, 2012, 7:01 pm #2

Awesome idea.

I'd just like to start off by saying that TV really moved up and became one of my favorite SOTF things, after a start that had me really unsure. I am incredibly stoked for Endgame, and absolutely cannot wait to see how things go.

As for alignments, I'll start with the Endgamers, like I did over in the Program thread.

As I see it, Nate is Chaotic Neutral. She's just looking out for herself, but she's become a little bit unhinged/twitchy from everything that's happened, and that leads to her behaving rather erratically from time to time. Still, she's had no real bad intentions, and has gotten both of her kills largely by accident. She's looking out for herself, neither helping nor hurting others, so I put her at neutral.

Shawn, I see as Chaotic Good. He's the hero sort, that's for sure, having spent most of the game looking out for his friends and trying to keep everyone alive. That said, his methods have been very erratic, and he's been unstructured in the extreme. He's rebelled against the game as much as he could, has prioritized enjoying what time he has over focusing directly on survival, and has shown himself, again and again, willing to forgive even those who have done very bad things.

I think Lexi is True Neutral. She's just trying to survive, watching out for herself first and foremost, but not willing to hurt others in order to further her own ends. She's mostly just scared, but, while she can be a little cowardly, fleeing when stuff gets bad, she otherwise sticks with her firends, so I don't really think she goes anywhere besides the middle of the law/chaos axis.

Madelyn fits best as Chaotic Evil, I think. She very abrupt;y decided to start murdering people, and, while she's justifying it to herself as being for her own survival, it's never been quite clear how, say, strangling a random guy to death is going to help her live. As it is, she seems to be killing for lack of any better way to cope with the situation. The causal killings make her very clearly evil, and the lack of purpose and direction make her chaotic.

I'd say Mason is Lawful Neutral. He's been sticking to groups, very specifically taking a roll in each. He's not the leader, but he knows where he fits and does what he has to. While his intentions are good, and while he watches out for his friends, I'm putting Mason down as neutral because, when it comes down to it, he'll put himself and his group over trusting/helping outsiders, prioritizing himself and those he cares about in the end. He's really on the edge, though.

For Odile, it's really tough, but I'd put her as Lawful Evil. She's a schemer and a planner. While her motivations have not always been poor, she's shown herself willing to use and discard others when necessary, and has proven very willing to get her hands dirty. She definitely wiggles around on the scales a lot, though, and is really quite hard to say for sure.

Also, I figure I might as well toss my own folks in here, as they're the ones I've got the best read on.

Renée I think was Lawful Neutral. She had her own sort of code, and she stuck very closely to her morals and plans. While her goals and aims were good, they weren't really motivated by altruism. If anything, she was pushing to do the right thing because she felt she ought to, not because she really wanted to all the time.

For Karen, I'd say she's pretty solidly Neutral Evil. She lacks the casual cruelty and randomness required for chaos, and, while she does have plans and such, she's willing to abandon them in a second if they put her in danger. She's basically a massively selfish individual who's willing to completely disregard others' well-beings in order to keep herself safe. She doesn't have any real malice, but is pretty clearly evil on the grounds of putting her conscience aside and doing anything necessary or convenient to survive.
Current characters:

The Program: V3 Prologue:
Mina Mashall - Digital Voice Recorder - Making a good impression - "I didn't know you felt so strongly about me."
Erik Bell - Jericho .941 - Having lunch - "May I?"

SECOND CHANCES: V2:
Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:
EW4: Jewel Evans - Chatterbox Communicator Headsets (0/5) - Online - ELIMINATED - "Scars are just reminders to be better next time."
[+] Spoiler
The Program V1:
M06: Karl Chalmers - American Flag - The Mess Hall - DECEASED
F09: Nichole "Nikki" Campbell - 6 Pack of Beer (0/6) - Open Ground - DECEASED

The Program V2:
M08: Alexander Bonham - Steel Folding Chair - The Pine Stands - DECEASED
F20: Robin Pounds - Stress Ball - Mountain Track - DECEASED

SOTF-TV V1:
PRP3: Karen Ruiz - Glock 17 (0/17 +1 bullet), WASP Knife, Swordcane - Over and out - ELIMINATED - "I don't find pointless death funny."
W02: Renée Carlson - Straight Razor - The Resort Beach - DECEASED

SOTF-TV V2:
SS4: Austin White - Gold Retractable Spyglass - The World Oyster - DECEASED

Second Chances V1:
G16: Nicole Husher (thanks to TBH!) - Colt Single Action Army - The Makeshift Hospital - DECEASED

Second Chances V2:
B12: Richard Ormsby - x4 Flashbang Grenades - The Ravine - DECEASED
B22: William Lohman - Winchester Model 1897 - The Ravine - DECEASED

BR AU:
B15: Shuya Nanahara - No Weapon - The School Building - DECEASED
B20: Kyoichi Motobuchi - Bulletproof Vest - Tourist Association - DECEASED
G01: Mizuho Inada - Grenades (0/2) - Clinic - DECEASED

SOTF Evolution:
Subject C01: Samantha Reynolds - Facial Morphing - The Cove - ELIMINATED

VIRTUA SOTF:
M11: Richard Ormsby - Cowbell - The Corssroads Bridge - GAME OVER
M22: William Lohman - Hockey Stick - The Corssroads Bridge - GAME OVER
If you want an honest assessment of your character's storyline, feel free to PM me and I'll whip one up as soon as I am able.

Thanks to Bear/Frogue/Kotorikun/Ryuki for the avatar art.

MurderWeasel
Mini Maestro
MurderWeasel
Mini Maestro

April 14th, 2012, 5:12 pm #3

I'm gonna go ahead and double post to bump this thread in the hopes of maybe kicking up some more discussion. Aside from alignments, does anyone else have any thoughts on the endgamers or their narrative arcs? Anyone have favs to win? (I know we ask that in the hammers, but there's a lot of extra stuff to fill out there, too) Anyone have favorite moments in the game so far, or things that disappointed them?

For me, I've just the tiniest bit bummed that we didn't see any team with more than one person left for the finals. It's not even that I'd have wanted multiple survivors from a narrative perspective--actually, I think a team losing all but one person in the finals could've been heartbreaking. It's just that the promise of a potential for multiple survivors is one of the special bits of tV, and it didn't play out to its full potential.

Another thing that I think is pretty awesome about this endgame crew is that everyone ties together, in a way we really haven't seen for a long time in SOTF. In fact, this has to be the most cohesive Endgame since V1's Dodd/Crosby/Jenson/O'Connor.

Mason, and Lexi have been allied for a while now, and added Shawn to the team a decent bit ago. Shawn has a grudge against Odile and Madelyn, both of whom he's clashed with in the past. Mason and Nate have some recent history. Lexi and Odile met way back at the start of the game. For the first time in ages, I feel like, whatever goes down, it's definitely not going to feel like a random battle. Everyone's in this one full force, and that's really cool.

I think that part of that comes from it being a smaller game, meaning that there's less of a pool of characters to interact with compared to, say, V4's 276 students. It also springs from the fact that almost all of the finalists are really active characters who zipped around the island a lot and got a lot of development and thread time. Again, that makes this Endgame exciting, because there aren't throwaway characters. Everyone's got a lot of personality. I bet each of them has at least one person rooting for them to win.
Current characters:

Mina Mashall - Digital Voice Recorder - Making a good impression - "I didn't know you felt so strongly about me."

Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:
EW4: Jewel Evans - Chatterbox Communicator Headsets (0/5) - Online - ELIMINATED - "Scars are just reminders to be better next time."
[+] Spoiler
The Program V1:

The Program V2:

SOTF-TV V1:
PRP3: Karen Ruiz - Glock 17 (0/17 +1 bullet), WASP Knife, Swordcane - Over and out - ELIMINATED - "I don't find pointless death funny."

SOTF-TV V2:

Second Chances V1:
G16: Nicole Husher (thanks to TBH!) - Colt Single Action Army - The Makeshift Hospital - DECEASED

Second Chances V2:

BR AU:

SOTF Evolution:

VIRTUA SOTF:
If you want an honest assessment of your character's storyline, feel free to PM me and I'll whip one up as soon as I am able.

Cake
Mini Maestro
Cake
Mini Maestro

June 14th, 2012, 12:22 am #4

Bumping to talk about weed. (Don't Do Drugs.)
Madelyn describing the smell of Marijuana. wrote:The air had a horrible stench to it though. As if someone stuffed a skunk carcass with dog shit
Speaking from personal experiences - XD. It can smell bad to some people, but completely different in scent from dead things or feces.
B14: Kyran Dean | Alive - bandaged cheek with diagonal scar, bloody nose | Whatever (Catchphrase) in: Hero? But I'm a Kid Like Everyone Else | AK-47
G29: Wendy Fischer | Alive | Pantsless in: Carp Diem | Frozen 25lb Carp with no head (Mr. Dolph)

Gold Team Member #4 (SDA Male): Shawn Morrison | One with the Universe | Being Real in: Oracular Spectacular | Brian Peter George St. John Le Baptiste De La Salle Eno, The Deceased Boa Constrictor.

Acidic
Veteran
Acidic
Veteran

June 14th, 2012, 3:15 am #5

In my experience it has smelled that bad. I really hate the the smell of it.
[+] Spoiler

PRP1: Madelyn Conner:
Starring in: Game Faces
Prop(s): Glow Sticks (11/12), CZ 75, and Colt Anaconda .45 Magnum
Past Scenes:
Rock the Boat, Baby -> Hotel California -> Breathless -> The King in Yellow ->
Columbines in My Eye -> The King in Yellow -> Foreshadowing/Hindsights ->
A Generation Lost in Space-> A Rest -> A Day on the Water ->Clusterfuck -> Of Moons, Birds, & Monsters
Bandanna: On her wrist.

Contract: Ongoing
Co-Stars Eliminated: Ferric Tam, Marcus Walker, Brennen O'Brian, and Mae St. Clair

PRP5: Sterling Odair:
Starring in: Clusterfuck
Prop(s): Hatchet, MAC-10 Machine Gun [x7 clips (30 Round Capacity)] 30/30 (Taken from Jonas Jeffries)
Past Scenes:
A Cold and Lonely Road -> Establishing Shot -> Friendly Fire -> Shelter by the Lakeside -> Metanoia -> Wrong Direction
->Somewhere
Bandanna: Around his neck.

Contract: Finished
Co-Stars Eliminated: Jonas Jeffries

[+] Spoiler

Madelyn Conner By Inly

Madelyn Conner By Little Boy

Sterling Odair By Little Boy

Go give Little Boy and Inky some love for this art!
[+] Spoiler

Character Selected: F02: Vienna Gogh
Stage Selected: How Not to Meet
Weapon(s) Selected: Cowboy Hat
Saved Games: Game One

GAME OVER

Game has begun.

Character Selected: M10: Leo Raclaw
Stage Selected: This Too Will Pass
Weapon(s) Selected: Plunger
Saved Games: Game One, Game Two, Game Three, Game Four

[+] Spoiler

Leo Raclaw as drawn by Diseased Bear

Vienna Gogh as drawn by Violent Medic

A wise man once said,

"Fuck everyone, cuddle the survivors."

-------------------------------------

I will always welcome constructive criticism through PMs.

Cake
Mini Maestro
Cake
Mini Maestro

June 14th, 2012, 3:38 am #6

That was probably some low quality second hand herb, laced with something nasty; they have different smells depending on how well it's been cultivated and or preped. Dude.. if you smell the grade A good stuff, it definitely won't smell like dung - and now I sound like a stoner pothead. :-[

*Changing subject*

I'll be starting up the SOTF-TV V2 Blog really soon. Have it so we can continue on during the TV finale and have some IC between season and "post season" and "pre-season" stuff. If you folk are interested on keeping it going, but for that we need content of course. : )

outfoxd
Contender
outfoxd
Contender

June 14th, 2012, 4:22 am #7

I seem to have a habit of playing Lawful characters XD

But yeah, I do enjoy this group of endgamers for the aforementioned reasons. The characters managed to get all coherent a couple threads before the end, so they have a chemistry going that'll make stuff mesh well together.

It's interesting most of the kids are Texas ones (correct me if I'm wrong), means that there will be more of an emotional investment because they'll be smoking the kids they know.
TV2: Jackson King
Current Thread: Killer Munchies

Courtography
Contender

June 14th, 2012, 4:54 pm #8

Yep, Odile is the only Detroit person left.

MurderWeasel
Mini Maestro
MurderWeasel
Mini Maestro

June 14th, 2012, 9:34 pm #9

I thought it was really interesting how the schools got narrowed down. Wasn't Detroit way ahead for a bit?

Also, Mini Endgames seem to be really girl-heavy. Evo was 3:2 girls:guys. Program was an even 2:2. TV is 4:6. Virtua is 3:1. Just an odd trend I've noticed.

I'd be glad to help out with blog stuff in any way I can, but it'll probably be fairly low priority for me.
Current characters:

Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:
[+] Spoiler
The Program V1:

The Program V2:

SOTF-TV V1:

SOTF-TV V2:

Second Chances V1:

Second Chances V2:

BR AU:

SOTF Evolution:

VIRTUA SOTF:

MurderWeasel
Mini Maestro
MurderWeasel
Mini Maestro

June 28th, 2012, 9:49 pm #10

So, based on the ethnicity discussion over in the Program thread, I got to thinking, and I'm pretty sure TV is the most diverse Mini by far. I think it may even have more non-white non-Asian kids than any main version, but don't quote me on that. Anyone else notice that?
Current characters:

Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:
[+] Spoiler
The Program V1:

The Program V2:

SOTF-TV V1:

SOTF-TV V2:

Second Chances V1:

Second Chances V2:

BR AU:

SOTF Evolution:

VIRTUA SOTF:

outfoxd
Contender
outfoxd
Contender

June 29th, 2012, 4:06 am #11

Making a school in Detroit made it harder to not make black characters. Or nonwhite, anyway.
TV2: Jackson King
Current Thread: Killer Munchies

MurderWeasel
Mini Maestro
MurderWeasel
Mini Maestro

June 29th, 2012, 6:08 am #12

Haha, I suppose. Though, in V4, the demographics of Saint Paul got pretty soundly ignored by and large. Even Program V1 was set in a pretty diverse area (Pittsburgh). It just seemed a bit odd to me that TV was the one place where demographics actually got some notice. I wonder, perhaps, if it had to do with the contrast between the schools, since one made sense as less diverse.
Current characters:

Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:
[+] Spoiler
The Program V1:

The Program V2:

SOTF-TV V1:

SOTF-TV V2:

Second Chances V1:

Second Chances V2:

BR AU:

SOTF Evolution:

VIRTUA SOTF:

June 29th, 2012, 4:39 pm #13

Not gonna lie, I wrote a black person because John made me write a black person. I wrote Brenda because I thought Detroit needed more Diversity. I probably wouldn't have made those choices without influence. Still, I imagine that for the most part people ignore demographics to write characters regardless. (I've never had a character who's ethnicity really mattered before, unless you count Program's Megan, but even then it was secondary to who she was). I still think we had an awful lot of White kids for a school in inner-city Detroit.
[+] Spoiler
The Program:
F20-Megan Jacobson- Weapon: Helmut Von Slappenstien! (Football Helmet) and his friend Winston Choppington! (Hatchet)- Status: DECEASED - Running Out the Clock -You did good Megan. You did really, really good.- (I wanna be a lion, yeah, everybody wanna pass as cats.)

SOTF TV:
BLU1- Jaszmine Johnson - Weapon: Colt Action Army- Status: DECEASED- Metanoia- The girl who got choked to death by a snake. Jaszmine by Inky / Blue Team by LittleBoy- (You only got one shot, do not miss your chance to blow.)

BRN5- Brenda Hernandez- Weapon: Nerf Longshot- Status: DECEASED-It's Easier To Leave Than To Be Left Behind- Everything is going to be alright.- (Come on, come on, no one can see you try.)

Virtua:
F09: Harper Morgan- Weapon: Blacksmith Mallet- Status: DECEASED- You're Almost Human, After All- Where's my burning bush, huh?- (I'll take a quiet life, a handshake of carbon monoxide.)

Program V2:
F12-Stella Barnes- Weapon: Garden Gnome - Status: DECEASED - Trial and Error- Just keep standing. - (Let them see you struggle and they're going to tear you apart.)
[+] Spoiler
G11-Megan Jacobson- Weapon: Nikoletta Sparks, the Stun Gun.- Status: DECEASED - The Twilight of Our Youth- You know, I don't even know how to use this thing. -(I wouldn't trade one stupid decision for another five years of life.)
Live free. Die young.

Aloha
Veteran
Aloha
Veteran

July 4th, 2012, 9:37 pm #14

Oy, will there be an SOTF-TV Season 2?
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
v2
F18: Tori Gavlik is DEAD and armed with a pilgrim hat, 2 blades and a lighter >> "Don't assume everybody's going to forgive you for that. People aren't nice, especially in this game."
Current: Forever dreaming in To The Clouds

v2.5
F03: Danielle Baumgartner is ALIVE and armed with a personalized dog tag, and a SIG Sauer P226
Current: Mourning in Tomb of the Forgotten

F06: Frankie Matsui is ALIVE and armed with an Uzi submachine gun
Current: Unsure of herself in Shit's Fucked and waxing in Yellow Wood

~*~

M02: Matthew Davis is tired.
F23: Clover Dubose is laughing.
M29: Paxton Dombrowski is sleeping.

v3
Aarush Ganguly is ALIVE

Helen Klepacki is ALIVE
[+] Spoiler
Season 2
BB1 (Bronze Bears 1): Tucker Hopkins is DEAD and unarmed >> It's not like I would've made it after the game was over...
Current: Getting it over with in Going Forward

EW2 (Ebony Whales 2): Leah Bissard is DEAD and armed with a Zastava M70AB2 >> Run.
Current: Feeling regret in Gravity
[+] Spoiler
v2
G26: Bridgette Sommerfeld is DEAD and armed with a ballistic knife >> "This...is from my last fight."
Current: Cut short in Cursed are the ones who can't abide.
[+] Spoiler
Demi Olajuwon, Jr. >> Touching down
Princesa Maria Flores >> Fa la la
Wilbur Thomas "Witt" McClain >> Deo vindice
Leilani Taylor >> Oh the times, they are a'changin'
Taehyun Seo >> Defying you
Anna Mae Love >> Looking for love
Diosdado Shapiro >> A pirate's life for me
Iris Hadley >> Up in flames
Georgia Salcedo >> The pen is mightier
Jesse Drew
Dane Delrose
[+] Spoiler
F18: Tori Gavlik by Violent-Medic
Sprited Tori by Mimi
Tucker in costume by diseasedBear (with hat)
Open to constructive criticism!

Cake
Mini Maestro
Cake
Mini Maestro

July 4th, 2012, 11:42 pm #15

Yes, there will be. But probably not until Program V2 goes well underway.