Second Chances V2 is open for applications

MurderWeasel
Mini Maestro
MurderWeasel
Mini Maestro

February 4th, 2017, 6:08 am #1

Attention, handlers: Registrations for the second edition of Second Chances are now officially open! You may submit your characters here.

The following characters are eligible for SC2:
  • Any character from V1-5 on Main who did not win or escape and did not feature in SC1.
  • Any character from a Mini or AU who died in that game without winning and did not feature in SC1, except BR AU characters.
  • Any character from V6 who is dead or rolled as of February 5, 2017. Characters who are rolled may not be submitted before their deaths are completed on Main.
The following characters are ineligible for SC2:
  • Any character who won their version, regardless of whether or not they subsequently died or what form their victory took (ten-kill winners from TV and any sort of co-winner are thus out).
  • Any BR AU character.
  • Any character who featured in SC1 proper (characters who were submitted but did not end up in-game may be used for SC2).
  • Any character who escaped or otherwise survived the island.
  • Any character from RPs not officially hosted by Main or Mini (ex: Mercy Street, Arena, REvo)
The big differences here are that Endgamers are now allowed in SC, and escapees are now not allowed. The cutoff for V6 characters ensures that anyone can play any character they were planning to, but draws a hard line to make sure that characters by and large don't pass through a revolving door from V6 to SC as they die.

If you are submitting someone else's character and secured permission somewhere other than one of the SC planning threads, please forward proof of that permission to staff. Remember that you must secure permission of a character's original handler unless that handler is unreachable, in which case a handler who adopted the character is acceptable. If all handlers who have held a character are unreachable, that character may not be used.

SC2 Pregame takes place in the city of Denton, New Jersey. Further information on the city and school may be found in the SC2 Pregame board.

You may submit a first character immediately. To stagger registrations and allow staff to keep on top of things, second characters will be held until the 18th of February. You may have only one character in the queue at any given time, and the overall character cap for SC2 is two characters.

If you do not have an eligible character of your own but still wish to participate, check out The SC2 Pawn Shop.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have in this thread.
Current characters:

The Program: V3 Prologue:
Mina Mashall - Digital Voice Recorder - Making a good impression - "I didn't know you felt so strongly about me."
Erik Bell - Jericho .941 - Having lunch - "May I?"

SECOND CHANCES: V2:
Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:
EW4: Jewel Evans - Chatterbox Communicator Headsets (0/5) - Online - ELIMINATED - "Scars are just reminders to be better next time."
[+] Spoiler
The Program V1:
M06: Karl Chalmers - American Flag - The Mess Hall - DECEASED
F09: Nichole "Nikki" Campbell - 6 Pack of Beer (0/6) - Open Ground - DECEASED

The Program V2:
M08: Alexander Bonham - Steel Folding Chair - The Pine Stands - DECEASED
F20: Robin Pounds - Stress Ball - Mountain Track - DECEASED

SOTF-TV V1:
PRP3: Karen Ruiz - Glock 17 (0/17 +1 bullet), WASP Knife, Swordcane - Over and out - ELIMINATED - "I don't find pointless death funny."
W02: Renée Carlson - Straight Razor - The Resort Beach - DECEASED

SOTF-TV V2:
SS4: Austin White - Gold Retractable Spyglass - The World Oyster - DECEASED

Second Chances V1:
G16: Nicole Husher (thanks to TBH!) - Colt Single Action Army - The Makeshift Hospital - DECEASED

Second Chances V2:
B12: Richard Ormsby - x4 Flashbang Grenades - The Ravine - DECEASED
B22: William Lohman - Winchester Model 1897 - The Ravine - DECEASED

BR AU:
B15: Shuya Nanahara - No Weapon - The School Building - DECEASED
B20: Kyoichi Motobuchi - Bulletproof Vest - Tourist Association - DECEASED
G01: Mizuho Inada - Grenades (0/2) - Clinic - DECEASED

SOTF Evolution:
Subject C01: Samantha Reynolds - Facial Morphing - The Cove - ELIMINATED

VIRTUA SOTF:
M11: Richard Ormsby - Cowbell - The Corssroads Bridge - GAME OVER
M22: William Lohman - Hockey Stick - The Corssroads Bridge - GAME OVER
If you want an honest assessment of your character's storyline, feel free to PM me and I'll whip one up as soon as I am able.

Thanks to Bear/Frogue/Kotorikun/Ryuki for the avatar art.

MurderWeasel
Mini Maestro
MurderWeasel
Mini Maestro

February 4th, 2017, 7:01 am #2

wrote:Brackie - Today at 11:00 PM
so did SC1 canonically happen in this universe?
It's sort of hard to gauge without any off-island threads in SC1 and the epilogue not being done yet
Professor Fether - Today at 11:00 PM
Yes, it did!
SC2 is (unless I'm hideously misremembering) set in the current year (2017). It is in the same universe as SC1.
Current characters:

Mina Mashall - Digital Voice Recorder - Making a good impression - "I didn't know you felt so strongly about me."

Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:
EW4: Jewel Evans - Chatterbox Communicator Headsets (0/5) - Online - ELIMINATED - "Scars are just reminders to be better next time."
[+] Spoiler
The Program V1:

The Program V2:

SOTF-TV V1:
PRP3: Karen Ruiz - Glock 17 (0/17 +1 bullet), WASP Knife, Swordcane - Over and out - ELIMINATED - "I don't find pointless death funny."

SOTF-TV V2:

Second Chances V1:
G16: Nicole Husher (thanks to TBH!) - Colt Single Action Army - The Makeshift Hospital - DECEASED

Second Chances V2:

BR AU:

SOTF Evolution:

VIRTUA SOTF:
If you want an honest assessment of your character's storyline, feel free to PM me and I'll whip one up as soon as I am able.

Rattlesnake
Regular

February 18th, 2017, 2:00 am #3

Applications for second characters are now open.

Second Chances v1:
[+] Spoiler
B08 Nick Reid - "It's been... well, it's sucked horribly. Better than it could've been, I guess."
To be concluded in the Elsewhere
0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0

WEAPON.....................Katana.......................CONDITION........||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
WEAPON................Bowie Knife..................CONDITION........||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
WEAPON.............Ingram MAC 10...............AMMUNITION......|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| [3x32-round magazines]
WEAPON......Colt Single Action Army......AMMUNITION......|||||| |||||| |||||| |||||| |||||| |||||| [0x.45-caliber slugs]
WEAPON............Box of Condoms.............AMMUNITION......|||||||||||| [12/12]

G12 Kari Nichols - "It'll all be over in a minute."
Taking a dirt nap in the Eastern Shore
0=0=0

WEAPON...........Birthday Invitation............CONDITION........||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

MurderWeasel
Mini Maestro
MurderWeasel
Mini Maestro

April 6th, 2017, 12:17 am #4

After internal discussion, staff has decided to remove the February 5 death restriction for SC2 character submissions. Characters from any stage of V6 may be submitted,
so long as their death has been completed prior to their being submitted for SC2.

If this change means you wish to swap out one or both of your already-submitted characters for somebody else, please contact staff. It shouldn't be a major problem to handle.
Current characters:

Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:
[+] Spoiler
The Program V1:

The Program V2:

SOTF-TV V1:

SOTF-TV V2:

Second Chances V1:

Second Chances V2:

BR AU:

SOTF Evolution:

VIRTUA SOTF: