Un67
Rookie
Un67
Rookie

January 1st, 2011, 11:53 pm #16

(M18 - Johan Luther continued from This Can't Be Me.)

Johan followed Ben out of the Armory. It was a mostly uneventful trek, although naturally it was rather tense, as far as most moments go. About halfway, Johan heard the speakers come alive, and give one of the dreaded announcements...

And here comes the news...

Surprisingly, only one death occurred. They said that Matt Gourlay got shot by another guy named John Ferrara. Johan had some faint idea of both of them, Matt being some spoiled rich kid and John being on the soccer team or something. A tinge of a smile formed on his mouth after he first heard the announcements, although he realized it was rather sadistic and figured he shouldn't take any pleasure from the whole thing in the first place.

Looks like the wrongs of the bourgeoisie are being righted.

He then arrived at the door of the barracks. Not quite the planned destination, but it was fine with him. Ben said, "This looks like it. Let's check out the inside."

Ben then opened the door and walked in. Johan, of course, followed.

Now here goes nothing...
[+] spoiler
M18: Johan Luther (DECEASED)
Weapons: Sports Javelin (Assigned), Kimber Desert Warrior (Collected)
Thread Chain: () () () () ()
Last Words: "There is in fact no such thing as art for art's sake."
[+] spoiler
BRN04: Marion Clayton (DECEASED)
Team: BROWN
Weapons: Nodachi (Assigned)
Thread Chain: <> - () () () () ()
Last Words: "Sorry."

Ruggahissy
Regular

January 2nd, 2011, 5:32 pm #17

Mike was talking, things were going well, and then suddenly he was gone! Michael wouldn't have been surprised if there had been skid marks on the floor from how fast he bolted.

"H-hey!"

The other Michael yelled something at him as he sped off. Leaving the other two boys to look on in bewilderment.

"Well that was sort of rude."

Now Michael and Harris were left standing next to each other in some extremely awkward silence.

"Soooooo....."

Michael looked to the left and to the right.

"Guess it's just you and me then, eh?"

Michael looked up, wide eyed at Harris. He didn't exactly look very confidant about this new alliance, mostly because he wasn't. However he couldn't think of anything preferable, Harris seemed sane and his weapon was inferior. Michael fidgeted nervously with the shot gun.

"Yeah. Just you and m-"

Before he could even finish the sentence a new pair of boys stepped into the barracks.

"Really?! Really?!" he blurted out. "I just- I just, I just I don't even know. This place is, where do this people even come from?!"

Michael ran one hand through his messy hair and bit his lip. "This is too stressful. Not two seconds to take a breather."

laZardo
laZardo

January 5th, 2011, 4:15 pm #18

He turned around to see two more of his classmates with guns and suddenly he found himself facing doubled chances of the same gruesome death he thought he just evaded not ten minutes ago. Suddenly it was if all his white power bluster (and blunt force trauma) could amount to practically nada with a single gunshot, the ethnicity and ideology of whoever fired it be damned.

Benjamin Latimer was a patriot to the best of his knowledge (which wasn't saying much), Johan Luther was an Aryan (why Johan got so much flak from being German, Harris just chalked up to him just needing to speak English with less accent) turned Bolshevik. That the two had teamed up was utterly deplorable in 'peacetime,' but the possibility began to dawn on him that perhaps it wasn't about ideology at all.

"Really?! Really? I just- I just, I just I don't even know. This place is, where do this people even come from?!" Michael stuttered.

"Well," Harris gulped, trying to muster up more confidence to keep Michael on his 'side' despite now being in the fodder position, "we're all in this together, wherever the fuck we are."

"This is too stressful. Not two seconds to take a breather."

Having been locked in here far enough from the speakers not to notice the announcement playing, Harris probably couldn't have been more stressed out anyway.

"Hey, Mike? You think I could hold that shotgun for a bit? I pinky swear I won't shoot you with it. Least not until we're the final two, to be honest."

Courtography
Contender

January 7th, 2011, 3:06 am #19

(All GM'ing approved by LaZardo)

As Ben entered the barracks he immediately spotted the two boys inside, Michael who he didn't really know anything about besides his name, and he apparently had a shotgun. Then there was Harris, he was a good American, on the football team, very patriotic, he might have pushed around the dangerous minorities more than Ben agreed with, but he was a good guy.

Michael had sputtered something out, Ben couldn't understand what he had said. He had almost missed Harris asking to borrow Michael's shotgun. Oh no big deal, just borrowing...hey wait a minute, shotguns are for shooting people.

Great, he was going to get jumped again like he had at the warehouse, but this time his opponent didn't have the weapon yet. He could fight back. He couldn't let Harris shoot him, why did everyone want to kill him?

A kind of sound came from his mouth, that was meant to be some kind of remark to calm everyone to calm down came out. It was immediately drowned out by the gunshots erupting at Harris from the end of his handgun. BANG BANG!

He took a step back, mouth agape. Oh God.

Un67
Rookie
Un67
Rookie

January 7th, 2011, 10:14 pm #20

Johan took a look at who else besides him and Ben were in the Barracks. There was Harris, the football playing "patriot" neo-Nazi (as if that combination made any sense at all), and some other guy with a shotgun he didn't really know about. The two of them had a brief exchange, until he heard Harris say, "Hey, Mike? You think I could hold that shotgun for a bit? I pinky swear I won't shoot you with it. Least not until we're the final two, to be honest."

Johan gulped.

I guess that'll be the end of this...

He took a quick glance at the door. He realized that he could probably make a run for it, but that would be going against his promise to Ben, so he figured that it would probably be better if he stayed. Of course, he obviously didn't have too much of a way to help, but it would be better then nothing.

Next, he glanced at Ben. It looked like he was going to say something to calm down everyone, but instead suddenly fired a few shots.

Of course, Johan was surprised given the "talk first fire second" thing, and his mind began racing...

Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God, looks like this will be the end of something after all...
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

laZardo
laZardo

January 13th, 2011, 1:32 pm #21

((Because I'm running out of time...))

The first Harris heard to tell him that he had actually made a mistake considered fatal was some kind of yelping or other noise from right behind him. The second and probably last thing was the sound of gunshots being fired...from right behind him. Exposing his back to his enemy was the last thing he wanted to do, but he did it anyway without realizing it.

Death, as it happened, was not as dramatic an affair as even he would have attempted to hope. There were no dramatic musical interludes to coincide with some slow-motion demise well-wishes for someone else that obviously would not be heard outside the dimming voices in his head. If he actually happened to think of someone else at the time, he would have likely hoped that Michael would avenge him (or at least deal some post-mortem hurt upon Marilyn Fucking Watanabe.) There was, however, a bit of an understanding.

To say he could have seen it coming would have been an understatement. Somewhere between the moment the last syllable of his request came out and the time two bullets tore through his back and his jugular veins, he probably realized he shouldn't have asked for it as apparently as he did. Perhaps fortunately for him, that was about the last thing he realized as he dropped the nightstick and clutched his neck in some futile attempt to keep himself from choking on his own blood (if not leaking from it.) He would not like to have realized that he had fallen in Michael's general direction, quite possibly landing in a rather inappropriate position that would have shattered the White Power visage he painstakingly erected for himself in the past few years.

And perhaps Harris Van Allen would not like to have realized that maybe if there were some other way from countering asshole effrontery with asshole effrontery, then it was too late to do anything about it. All that was left of that facade - and the boy that thought he could win with it - was a rather intimately crumpled corpse by some ramshackle barracks bunk with his eyes rolled up into his head, blood soaking into whatever absorbent surface caught it.

B9 - VAN ALLEN, H - WASTED

Ruggahissy
Regular

January 14th, 2011, 7:24 pm #22

((Gah, sorry))

Michael heard the request. Was it a good idea to give over his only advantage to this person? He wasn't sure. He chewed on the bottom of his lip, thinking, when suddenly there was another noise.

He had just raised his arms a few inches to hand over the gun when Harris wasn't there anymore. He was on the floor now, bleeding out. Michael dropped to the floor behind some bunk beds and pulled Harris' leg, dragging him behind the bed as well.

"Uhhhhgg," he moaned, he didn't like blood.

Michael swallowed and leaned down to Harris' chest. No heart beat. His brain was frantic, throwing a thousand thoughts at him.

"S-STOP!" he shouted at whoever had been firing. "You killed him! You killed someone!"

Courtography
Contender

January 14th, 2011, 10:13 pm #23

Harris was dead.

He had shot another man in the back, he hadn't meant to shoot him from behind, but that's what happened.

Thoughts stormed throughout his mind, was he a murderer? Or was it self-defense? Harris had been trying to get a shotgun, in his mind there wasn't many other explanations for trying to get one. He was no mind reader though, and even as he was justifying it to himself a glimmer of doubt remained.

His self-doubt was interrupted by Michael's yelling. It only confirmed what he saw. He had killed Harris. "He wanted to get me with his shotgun. You saw," he responded weakly, still doubting himself.

Un67
Rookie
Un67
Rookie

January 15th, 2011, 2:06 am #24

Shortly after the smoke from the gunshot cleared up, Johan took a look at Harris. He was shot in the back, and covered in blood - and after a second of inspection Johan realized that, without a doubt, Harris was dead.

I guess I won't be regretting Harris's death anytime soon, but then again, I wasn't exactly the one with the itchy trigger finger doing the shooting...

His thoughts were then broken up when he heard the other shout at Ben, "S-STOP! You killed him! You killed someone!"

Johan, if he was in a different situation, might have been tempted to agree, but instead kept quiet with a somewhat worried look on his face. Ben replied, obviously with some doubt, "He wanted to get me with his shotgun. You saw."

Johan then sighed, and said with a tinge of guilt and his own self-doubt, "Ben's right. If he didn't shoot, we would have been shot first. I can't say I like it, and I definitely hate to say it, but this is how the Program runs."
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

Ruggahissy
Regular

January 23rd, 2011, 10:43 pm #25

Michael cowered behind the bed. He looked over; Harris stopped gurgling and breathing. He was done. Micheal felt like he was going to be sick. He scrambled over and grabbed the shot gun from where it had fallen, just before Harris could grasp it. He held onto it with both hands, fingers turning white from how tight he was clutching it with his back against the bed"

"D-Don't! D-don't be....."

Don't be?

"They're crazy people," he whispered to himself. He turned around and peered up over the bed so that only his eyes were visible.

"You better not come any closer! If that's the way you think this goes I don't want to be acquainted, thanks a lot!"

Courtography
Contender

January 23rd, 2011, 11:12 pm #26

He was nervous, Michael had gotten the shotgun back and was being pretty paranoid. He had to be careful, negotiate his way out. He didn't want to get shot, or shoot someone else. Again.

It might have been a bad survival move, but he moved his finger off the trigger of the handgun, pointing the barrel at the floor in front of him. He did not want to have killed two people, once was bad enough.

"Look man, Johan and I were just on our way to the mess hall." Might as well stick with the facts for this. "You know to see if they left any food there, because well a loaf of bread and a food pouch just won't cut it."

He didn't know what Johan would think about the next part, but he didn't really care now either, it was him that would get pumped full of lead if he screwed this up, not Johan. "If you wanna come along, we could use another person. You know form a nice group, avoid trouble." The last part seemed ironic, trouble hadn't been avoided yet.

Un67
Rookie
Un67
Rookie

January 23rd, 2011, 11:33 pm #27

Johan watched Michael, his mind clouded with fear. Michael was behind the bed, clutching the shotgun Harris dropped on his death, and then said "D-Don't! D-don't be.....".

Johan couldn't help but wonder what he meant, but he had a pretty good idea...

He then thought grimly, Murderers? That's the only word that could describe us right now, but then again, I'm not the one who did the killing...

He then heard Michael whispering to himself. Johan had no clue what, but he knew that it was never really a good sign, especially not when the other guy has a shotgun. Without any ideas, Johan glanced at Ben, who then said,

"Look man, Johan and I were just on our way to the mess hall. You know to see if they left any food there, because well a loaf of bread and a food pouch just won't cut it."

Johan then nodded, but couldn't help but think that it was a rather feeble excuse for anything, if you could even call it an excuse...

But then Ben spoke up again. This time, he said, "If you wanna come along, we could use another person. You know form a nice group, avoid trouble."

Johan's eyes then opened in alarm. He didn't say anything out loud, but he gave Ben a look that said, "Do you seriously want to join up with him?"
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

Ruggahissy
Regular

January 24th, 2011, 3:49 am #28

Eye wide, he continued to look over the edge, barrel of the gun peaking out just above the mattress like him.
Calm. Calm. Count to ten. One, two, three, four,

They had asked him to join them. He flinched when they spoke, though they weren't really yelling. A product of a nervous twitch.

"Go with you?" he asked in surprise. "You just shot a guy! I'd have to be......wacky!"

Five, six, seven

Slowly, he stood up. He had a death grip on his shot gun and his pack slung on his shoulder. Now standing, he cautiously leaned to the side, exposing about half of his body from behind the bunk beds.

"Are you guys crazy?" he asked quietly. It wasn't an insult or an accusation, it was an honest question. A question borne of sincerity.

eight, nine.....ten

Courtography
Contender

January 26th, 2011, 2:51 am #29

He hadn't payed attention to Johan, feeling it was best to keep an eye on the guy hiding with a shotgun. He really did not want to get filled with buckshot, it would really ruin his day.

Well ruin it more besides being told to kill his class, nearly getting shot in a dark warehouse, and shooting one of your classmates. And the first announcement had only come on a short while before, so this was what, the worst bit more than six hours of his life?

Course he was planning to last longer than that.

Wacky? The kid sure seemed whacked up, he probably wasn't the only whacked up one though. There had only been one, no two, deaths so far, that he knew about. He didn't want to think about it, but there may have been even more dead. Like Luke or Megan.

Luke or Megan. He did not want them to be dead, well he didn't want anyone to be dead, but them in particular, they were some of his best friends. He would need to find them and explain what happened. They probably would think he was some psycho for killing someone.

But he had to get out of here first. Chuckling as he said, "I can't speak for Johan, but I'm pretty darn sure I'm not crazy. We cool now?" What a crazy thing to ask, but he hoped he was fine, just because one bad thing had happened didn't mean more bad things had to happen.

Un67
Rookie
Un67
Rookie

January 26th, 2011, 2:26 pm #30

Ben seemingly ignored Johan's glance, but Johan figured that it wasn't such a huge deal. He should have probably assumed Johan wouldn't be particularly happy with it in the first place, so he didn't really mind. The other guy, obviously surprised, then said in reply to Ben's invitation,

"Go with you? You just shot a guy! I'd have to be......wacky!"

Johan couldn't help but think that he completely agreed with him.

The other guy then continued, asking in the most honest tone possible,

"Are you guys crazy?"

Ben replied, with a bit of a chuckle, "I can't speak for Johan, but I'm pretty darn sure I'm not crazy. We cool now?"

Johan was a bit hesitant to speak, but he figured it was worth a shot. "I can't really say I'm any more crazy then anyone else in this situation. I'm pretty sure that you probably have better reasons to think otherwise, but I guess if you're OK with us then we're OK with you."
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler