New Artistry Tools

A fairly large building, the interior of the garage is mostly open space, having been stripped of all the equipment previously used to repair the vehicles of the compound. The vehicle depot too, is mostly empty, with only two jeeps and a truck remaining, none of them functional. = THREADS ALLOWED: 2 =

New Artistry Tools

peregrineink
Veteran

November 29th, 2010, 12:54 am #1

Debut for F26- Maddie Harris

Maddie awoke with her eyes fixed on the ceiling, her heart pounding in her chest as though waking from a bad dream. She saw smears of olive and iron gray, and she could feel the space all around her. For a moment all she knew was concrete beneath her head, and the dankness of the garage.

This is not happening. She thought to her herself as she sat up and rubbed the back of her head. I am having a strange dream, and pretty soon everything around me will become as malleable as clay and I will be able to take control of this. Lucid dreams, that's what they call them.

She looked around her, yes, it was in fact a garage. Next to her was an olive green sack, the color of dull leaves. She picked it up and unzipped it.

The gun stared back at her.

"Oh." The sound was small, more of a mousy squeak than anything else. She had never even held a gun before, although her father had once insisted on it. He had always wanted her to be able to protect herself, however she had never gotten around to going to the range with him. Maddie's small fingers wrapped about the Kahr K9. Attempting to ignore her shaking hands, she looked a the strange thing, so alien in her hands.

Why couldn't it be a paintbrush? Or a trowel? Or anything else that could fit in her hands as easily as anything? Perhaps she could view this as a new tool, perhaps she could use a new medium? A hot flush colored her pale cheeks, what an absurd thought! She was so murderer, she had no idea what it would feel like to take a life.

However, she found her grip tightening on the gun, trying to perk her ears to hear if anyone was coming.
-PeregrineInk

Honoring the glorious dead:
F26: Maddie Harris: Resident artist.- Seven Unveiled Masterpieces- Death by carelessness
YLW5:Jake Langston:Just a nice guy-No kills- Death by misunderstanding
GLD1:Mae St. Clair -One half of the Golden Couple- One and a half kills- Death by loss of hope
M18: Brian Larke: A horrible human being.- Two kills- Death by just desserts.

Brackie
Veteran
Brackie
Veteran

November 29th, 2010, 2:31 am #2

O_O - M17 - Mattthew Payne - Start - O_O

Unsurprisingly, Matthew Payne, aka Male Student 17#, woke up with some raging morning wood.

It might have been because he was expecting to get together with Phoebe (who, as it turns out, really knew the school like the back of her hand, and promised to show him a place they could do it that she found on her freshman year), but when he went to school that day, he expected to get a screw under hand, not screwed over by someone else's hand. He even skipped breakfast that morning cause he was sure he was gonna have a celebration meal at lunch to congratulate himself and everyone around him, the lucky ones who hadn't been picked for Program v42. He didn't want to, or even realise, that dinner the previous night was his last full meal.

So needless to say, after horny, the next feeling that Matthew felt upon waking up in the back of one of the jeeps located in the compound garage was FULL FUCKING TOTAL PANIC MODE.

He despised the government secretly, his parents had always secretly told him to, but now wasn't the time to be thinking about such stuff, like "how can I get out" or "who do I meet up with". The first thing he did upon waking up was slide down in between the seats, hold the bag close to his chest, and hyperventilate.

Shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shitshitshitshitshitshit! They're gonna find me, they're gonna kill me, they're gonna chop my nuts off...

Matthew was someone who'd "been with" a lot of people in the past few years. And by "been with", he meant "fucked in several positions, several times, over several periods of time". To think that the one thing, the most godly pleasure of all he'd been savouring for the extent of his teenage life would be the one thing that would end up making him a metric fuckton of enemies, even by those people who he HADN'T screwed. Logan, Jessica, Alex, Siobhan, Kyle, Luke, Johan, everyone else he knew and probably hit on several times, or probably even friends with him...they'd wanna get rid of him! They knew he was a lech, they knew they could easily put him down or rile him up, and they'd fucking grab a baseball bat, shove it up his ass and then-

He let out a small coughing fit as he tried not to think about how he was going.

Shit, where am I? Is anyone there? Fuck, maybe if they don't know me that well, they can help me...

Trying his best to calm himself down, he ran his fingers through his mess of hair. Calm thoughts, caaaaalming thoughts now, no need to panic any more than he needed to, which meant calming himself down from FUCK ME FUCK ME FUCK ME to fuck me fuck me fuck me.

Okay, so he was in the Program. Fuck him. Deal.

Now he just had to figure out how much of a chance he really stood.

Sliding himself out of the gap, he sat himself down, sprawled on the seat like he was sitting on the couch back home, and opening the bag in front of him.

Everything they told him would be there was there.

Except a fucking WEAPON.

There was food, first aid, torch, map, all that jazz, but...no weapon. No knife, no gun, not even a dildo. Hell, he wouldn't have minded that right about now. Nervousness made him excited, and that excitement was just making his trooper more excited...

And then, while he was running his fingers down the edge of the insides of his bag, he found a small pouch. It was well-made, leather, and seemed to hold something inside. Matthew's eyes lit up, and he yanked it out after his fingers clenched themselves to bleeding point. He ripped open, and promptly off, the small button that held the pouch closed, and found several metal instruments, like something from a dentists office or a spy mov-

-a spy movie.

This wasn't a weapon.

This was a tool.

He didn't get a fucking knife, or a gun, he got a lock-picking kit.

And then the panic reshot itself into his system like adrenaline.

Matthew scrambled himself towards the jeep door and yanked it open loudly, with words such as "Oh shit oh shit oh shit" and "Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck FUCK ME" muttered loudly under his breath. The cold garage air greeted his face, and he promptly whipped around, slammed the door shut, and tried to run away, his legs now caught up fully with the rest of his body.

A crack in the concrete put an end to that.

Luckily, it was smooth concrete and not serrated. If it had been serrated, he could have ripped his face off, and that wouldn't help him at all in the long run, especially where getting a screw in this damn place was concerned. He slid for a bit, then stopped.

As he looked up in front of him, he saw someone. That cute little girl in his class was sitting there, just there, apparently having just woken up and holding a fucking GUN!

Matthew's legs clicked to reverse, and he shot himself backwards along the ground towards the jeep, before stopping completely out of restlessness and panic.

Realising that one bit of him wasn't going to make a good impression, he moved his bag to the bulge in his crotch, and started to try and make out words.

"Hi-hi there, I....don't kill me, please don't fucking kill me."
The Program 2.5 - Traitors

Santiago Ibarra - Butterfly Knife

Nani Clover - Plastic Scythe

[+] spoiler
Battle Royale AU - A Second Chance
Yoshio - Cause of Death: 'sploded - 15/42
Yuko - Cause of Death: Lack of Faith - 32/42
The Program - v1 - Young Patriots
Chanel - ♡ - 51/53
♥ -
Matthew - ☿ - 27/53
- - -
SOTF TV - v1 - Our Main Cast
Holly - Thuck the game. - 58/66
Ω - Ω - Ω
Anna - [redacted]. - 21/66
© - © - © - © - © - © - ©
VIRTUA SOTF - The Players
Ramona - Boom. - 40/47
- -
Cameo - Gasp. - 7/47
Ø - Ø - Ø - Ø - [url=http://s1.zetaboards.com/SOTF_Mini/topic/4633730%2

peregrineink
Veteran

November 29th, 2010, 2:46 am #3

Oh my God, it's Matthew Payne.

Maddie stared at him, her small mouth open in surprise. He was talking to her?! Matthew Payne, the infamous Matthew Payne who did...things with every girl he had ever come across. Like French kissing. He probably knew what French kissing was. She had heard his name brought up in gym class, spoken by breathless girls who talked about "going all the way". She assumed that meant kissing with shirts off.

But now he was talking to her. Did he even know who she was? Why was he stumbling? She glanced down at the gun in her hands, the gun that seemed to be pointed at him. Oh. Yes. However she didn't think that it was necessary to swear. That was unbecoming of anyone, even Matthew Payne.

She lowered the gun...but only slightly. Was he dangerous? She couldn't remember if he was one of those mean kids in school, or if he was simply the type that would ignore her in the halls. She tried to remember if his handwriting had graced any of her defaced paintings. She was drawing a blank...had he been nice to her? Had he even known that she existed? She was noting to him, he could very easily dispatch her if he wanted. Maddie rested her finger lightly on the trigger.

"I'm sorry," she said quietly. "I didn't mean to look like I was going to kill you."

-PeregrineInk

F26: Maddie Harris: Resident artist.- Seven Unveiled Masterpieces- Death by carelessness
GLD1:Mae St. Clair -One half of the Golden Couple- One and a half kills- Death by loss of hope

Brackie
Veteran
Brackie
Veteran

November 29th, 2010, 6:21 am #4

Matthew sat planted on his butt for a few seconds before recognizing the girl. It was that Madeline, or Madelaine, or however it was spelt, that chick who did the funky art. Matthew was one to always stay away from her; he didn't like girls who looked way to young for him, since there was no point being put in the military early for such a stupid crime like banging a 14-year-old.

Still, the fact remained that however cute, adorable, and undoable she looked, she had a fucking gun pointed right at him.

But according to the artist who sat meekly in front of him, she didn't mean to look like that. Goddammit, how can you sit there with a gun pointed at someone and NOT look like you want to blow their head off?

Still, the massive fright did wonders to soothe the trooper. Taking the bag away from padding his crotch, he still remained on high alert to the fact that, well, despite her protests to the contrary, her hand was still wrapped around the gun, and her finger at the trigger.

"Yeah, well I suppose you could see why I might be a little inclined to freak out at you when you're...still pointing that thing at me," Matthew blurted out, trying his best to get her off the rails.

"Do you reckon you could put that away? I don't wanna end up jeep paint any time soon, so..." Matthew said, before trying his best to glance at all the exits to the garage he seemed to occupy. If push came to shove, he'd have to run and leave this poor girl to be picked off by someone who didn't seem to mind partaking in this game.

There was also always the chance he could rob her and take her gun.

But could he go through with it?

[+] spoiler
Chanel - ♡ - 51/53
♥ -
Matthew - ☿ - 27/53
- - -
Ω - Ω - Ω
Ramona - Boom. - 40/47
- -
Cameo - Gasp. - 7/47

peregrineink
Veteran

November 29th, 2010, 2:10 pm #5

Paint... that thought seemed to penetrate her head more than anything else he had said. She looked over at him, seated on the same hard concrete she was. Her hands did not lower the gun- did he think of her as weak? As easy pickings? Did he intend to get close to her? No one had ever wanted to get close to her, at least none of her peers. That didn't matter, of course, not in the long run, but she had no intention of letting a little blip like the Program get in the way of her bright future.

She had always heard jokes that the value of an artist's work grows upon their death.

No one had ever said anything about the value of an artist's work growing upon their survival.

There was a pounding in her head, a strange pressure behind her eyes, it pressed against her skull and Maddie knew it to be the pressure of the choice she was about to make. Who was this boy? Matthew Payne of course, but what if he felt the same way about her? Sure he was claiming to want want to die however he, more than most, knew what it was like to lie.

She lifted the gun...

...and fired off a shot.
-PeregrineInk

Brackie
Veteran
Brackie
Veteran

November 29th, 2010, 9:46 pm #6

The only thing Matthew could think about as the girl raised the gun was the fact that...wait, no, he WAS thinking about the fact that she was raising the gun nothing else. Fortunately, Matthew was on his feet in almost no time, and treading backwards at a rapid pace. After a few steps, however, his back his the door of the Jeep, and he slid down to watch the girl actually pull the trigger.

The shot was loud, louder than anything he'd heard before in his life. No one of his walk of life had been near a gun before, and it seemed like the girl hadn't either, because he wasn't dead or wounded right now. The shot missed. It hit the jeep behind him and punctured a hole in it like a child popping a balloon. Matthew, as soon as he realised he wasn't dead, took the resounding gunshot still lingering in the garage as a chance to try and escape.

He crouched down on the floor quickly and rolled all the way under the jeep, right to the other side. As soon as the ceiling rather than the undercarriage of the car greeted him, he sprung up to a crouch and shouted out through the garage.

"WHAT THE FUCK? WHAT THE FUCK? WHY THE FUCK DID YOU TRY TO SHOOT ME YOU BITCH, I WASN'T DOING ANYTHING!"

He realised upon this that he'd left his weapon, however much it could be considered one, in the jeep. Flinging open the jeep door, he quickly grabbed for the leather pouch that sat on the seat, and slammed the door shut as he took it out.

WHAT THE HELL DO I DO WITH THIS THING? POKE HER AWAY?

[+] spoiler
Chanel - ♡ - 51/53
♥ -
Matthew - ☿ - 27/53
- - -
Ω - Ω - Ω
Ramona - Boom. - 40/47
- -
Cameo - Gasp. - 7/47

peregrineink
Veteran

November 30th, 2010, 12:04 am #7

Omigod omigod omigod what am I doing why did I think that was a good idea oh my god he's going to kill me did I actually think I could shoot him what am I thinking omigod...

Her heart was pounding in her chest and she kept hearing little gasping noises, only to realize that it was her that was making the sounds. The recoil had made her fall backwards, and she couldn't stop shaking. It was as though she had just put her finger in a socket, every nerve in her body felt electric, maybe it was the thrill of doing something that seemed so incredibly wrong to her...what was she thinking!?

"Oh my god Oh my god I'm so sorry I don't know what happened I'm sorry..." This string of terrified gibberish continued as she got to her feet. "I didn't mean to I keep forgetting this is real I don't know what I'm doing I'm sorry."

The gun, though still in her hand, was no longer raised, instead it hung limply in her left hand.

"I didn't mean to...oh my god are you okay!?"
-PeregrineInk

Rocky
Regular
Rocky
Regular

November 30th, 2010, 12:42 am #8

((G07 Rena Bellaire start)) (GMing approved)

"Owww" Rena Bellaire woke up, and the first thing she felt was a massive headache. It wasn't the first time she had woken up with a throbbing head, but at least this one wasn't too bad. There were no spots floating in her vision, like those times when she would play video games for hours on end.

The brown-haired girl sat up, rubbing her temples. Stretching out, Rena found the supplies bag. Opening the bag, Rena rifled through it's contents, searching to see what kind of weapon she got. What she found was a small metal lockbox. Pulling out the metal container with a puzzled expression on her face, she fished through the bag some more, searching for a key, but the search bore no results.

After fiddling with the box for a couple minutes, Rena sighed and stopped trying. There was no way she was getting that box open, not without a key or a gun or something. She was sure she would find some way into the box. With her luck there was probably a grenade or something inside that would blow up in her face once she opened it.

Rena's thoughts were interrupted by a loud bang, which caused the girl to jump. Quickly gathering her stuff, the girl moved towards the source of the sound. She managed to make out a foot of one person, and another girl who was holding a gun. Things didn't look too good, and it appeared that the girl had decided to take matters into her own hands.

Someone was in trouble, and Rena needed to help them. The girl was clearly crazy, so talking to her wouldn't be very useful. She needed to create a distraction for the other person... looks like all she had was her metal box. Well, she needed to do something before what little courage she mustered would leave her.

Moving as silently as she could, Rena came up from behind the other girl. Hefting the box in both her hands, the brown haired girl closed her eyes, and putting all her strength behind it, swung the box at the other girl's head. Rena felt it connect, and letting out a startled squeak of surprise, opened her eyes. She knew that what she probably did had probably been incredibly stupid, but as long as the person on the other side of the truck got away, then it was fine by her.

Not wanting to stick around for any longer than was necessary, Rena ran as fast as she could away from the girl, onto the other side of the jeep. "Run while you can!" Rena said breathlessly to the (now confirmed) boy and she continued to make her escape. She didn't want to get shot after all.

((Rena Bellaire continued elsewhere))
[+] spoiler
Female Student #15-Noriko Nakagawa-No Weapon- Northern Cliffs
Female Student #06-Yukiko Kitano-No Weapon- Residential District
[+] spoiler
Subject C08 Ashlie Jackson
[+] spoiler
G07 Rena Bellaire
G12 Joanne Seguin
[+] spoiler
Marvia Jones- Team: RED

Brackie
Veteran
Brackie
Veteran

November 30th, 2010, 2:11 am #9

Gibbersh, a lot of gibberish, that's all Matthew could make out. The girl was trying to apologize. APOLOGIZE? FOR TRYING TO KILL HIM? Bullcrap.

He was trapped by the wall of the garage, with the only companion he had cement and the door of the jeep. No way out except through that little girl with the g-

*clunk*

...now that was a noise that greeted him in a great way.

Looking out from under the jeep, Matthew watched as a figure approached the girl with the gun and then run away. He didn't check to see whether that sound had become fatal or not, but he took his chance.

Matthew grabbed his bag, shoved his little leather pouch inside, and circled the jeep at a running pace. He didn't take the time to look if the girl had even been hurt by this, but he wasn't about to stop and see.

"WAIT UP! FOR GODS SAKE WAIT UP!" he bellowed, as he reached the door of the garage.

Needless to say, the excitement in his crotch had long since been extinguished.

((Matthew Payne continued in Mark It Up))

[+] spoiler
Chanel - ♡ - 51/53
♥ -
Matthew - ☿ - 27/53
- - -
Ω - Ω - Ω
Ramona - Boom. - 40/47
- -
Cameo - Gasp. - 7/47

peregrineink
Veteran

November 30th, 2010, 2:37 am #10

"My goodness, Miss Harris, your work is inspired! Look at the use of colors!"

Maddie smiled, trying to hide the blush that had come to her cheeks. In the middle of the gallery, surrounded by patrons filled with praise, tonight she was the star. Dressed in something fabulously glittery, holding a glass that looked suspiciously like champagne, all eyes were on her...an all eyes were appreciative.

"Thank you, I like to think that the visceral use of red and brown remind the viewer of their own humanity," she said with a smile. Applause. Everyone applauded...

...and then Maddie woke up.

Why did her head hurt so badly? What had happened?! She groped around frantically, only to give an audible sigh of relief upon finding out that the gun was still there.

Matthew Payne was gone.

Oh, maybe it was for the best, it wasn't as though she had made a good impression. She rubbed the back of her head, looking around...it didn't look like anyone was there. Maybe it was time to leave this area...clearly that was for the best.

She ran, hoping to find someone, anyone, that might be a friendly face.

Maddie Harris continued elsewhere...
-PeregrineInk