Naptime

KamiKaze
Contender
KamiKaze
Contender

May 16th, 2011, 11:13 am #1

((Kami Steele continued in Hell On Bare Feet))

She had found herself in a new building.

Which was good. Kami didn't want to deal with the jailhouse again. No one would after what happened in and around it.

Instead, there was a buttload of beds. Which was also good. Kami needed to sleep. She had spent this entire time shooting at people and being shot at and running around doing her thing, that it had been a while since she last properly slept.

Seriously, it was like... right in the jailhouse before she slept at all, and then that girl interrupted her sleeping. And then Kami killed her. But anyways. That was the last time she'd slept at all, that she could remember.

And as if the sight of the beds were a tranquilizer, Kami became very aware of this fact. Her knee and elbow joints started to ache, and her eyelids were starting to become heavy.

So, yes. She needed to lie down again. And what better way to do that then to sleep in the barracks? As long as some idiot doesn't try to disrupt her sleep or worse. Kami was armed to deal with said idiot, but she didn't want to right now. Sure, it was what she was supposed to do and she knew she'd be a war hero or something, but, again, it wasn't like she enjoyed it. But it was necessary.

Kami plopped herself on one of the beds, placing her bag at the foot.

Well, let's recap, then?

Apparently her job was to find some set of twins and kill them. That sounded weird, but okay. She'd already noticed the similarities to a video game. Go do this sidequest!

Gah, why should she follow him, anyways? Why should she listen to a guy that made fun of her weight and speech impediment-

Well, maybe she could kill a Mason, just to be nice. It wasn't like the last two people she killed were out of some kind of morality or self-defense. At least killing someone who someone else asked to kill would actually be a nice thing for on-

... God this game screwed with her morality.

Right now, though, was naptime. No one was going to interrupt this, and it was going to be the best nap she'd had in a while! Yes, the best nap, and no one could stop it.

Kami closed her eyes.

And then jumped.

Oh god damn it asshole. LET HER SLEEP.

Yes, the announcements had started up again.

Same as always. No horrendous singing or anything like that, but one thing was noteworthy.

Apparently they did get a Mason. One of them had been shot dead by Ryan. Well, they got one. She guessed they were happy about that. Of course they would be. Now there was one left. Maybe one would run out and enter the building in a panic, but she'd doubt that.

But yes. It did seem like the happy couple did get what they wanted. They were a couple or something, right?

The announcements ended, and Kami closed her eyes again.

Let's try again...
Kami's Sidestories
Charlotte "Charlie" Pemberton- Female Student #??- "Um, hey... I know a lot about meat. How much do you want to cook yours?"

They will come back. They always do. We have a place for them.
Felicia LaChapelle (SC)- Female Student #022- Attempting first-aid to the soundtrack of an Eminem song.
Miranda Millers (SC)- Female Student #024- Pranking people not quite to death with a tire iron
[+] spoiler
Holly Chapman (Evolution)- Subject C09- Died strong.
Kami Steele/"Beatrix Kiddo"/"Hit Girl" (Program)- Female Student #02- At least she tried.
Sidney Rice (TV)- Yellow Team 3- BANHAMMERED!
Simon Leroy (Virtua)- Male Student #20- Had it coming.
Sidney Rice (SC)- Female Student #03- PERMABANNED!
Carol Burke (SC)- Female Student #04- Oops.
Felicia LaChapelle (Program)- Female Student #03- NOPE.
Kaede "Katie" Tanaka (Virtua)- Female Student #4- Died like a true cowgirl.
Nina Riddhi (TV2)- Honey Badger #1- Time ran out.
Bella Bianchi (TV2)- Cobalt Jellyfish #1- Had her last performance.
wrote: Bake We'll just ask Elena to add a new area into the compound. "Siobhan's Cleavage" - The spaciously large cleavage of an overweight, promiscuous cheerleader who wants to go to Beauty School. THREADS ALLOWED: 8

12:40 Slamexo She [Sidney] sells trollin' and trollin' accessories

02:41 Medic Why does the world hate my racist jackass--wait that speaks for itself.
Click here for awesomeness. Your brain will be BLOWN. : D

May 23rd, 2011, 5:15 am #2

((Megan Jacobson continued from Show Them What the Backs of Our Hands Are For))

When Megan had started leading the group, she didn't know. Why was even more of a mystery, because at the moment she was probably not fit to lead a senile woman down the hall to the bathroom, nevertheless an army to try and royally fuck up America.

Yet, somehow, she'd wound up in front, which led to a lot of random wandering and headscratching. "So...yo. We may or may not be lost. Just saying. Probably not lost, but there is always a minor possibility. Especially considering I didn't really know where we were trying to go."

She turned around to face Luke and Bryant.

"Actually, where were we trying to go?"

She shrugged, turning back to the task at hand and moving forward.

After a bit, she wound up at a...place.

"So...uh...yeah. Guess we're here guys! Go us."

And the final score is Team Bitchin: 1, Team Life, the Universe, and Everything In It: 8,567,923.

She looked around the building for a minute, before pulling out her map. "So this is...the barracks? I think? I've never really seen a barrack before."

Megan paused, nodding to herself, as if there was an awesome musical beat in her head that she just had to dance too, or some sort of preacher was giving a wicked sweet sermon filled with lots of "can I get an Amen?" and "praise the lord!"'s.

Oh god she needed sleep.

Apparently, someone else did too, as Megan saw the girl laying on the floor.

Recognition hit her almost immediately.

Name: Kami Steele. Kills: Uh...one...or more than that. Fuck why didn't I listen to those announcements closer.

Oh yeah because everyone I loved was dying. Forgot about that. Oh nostalgia.

Megan smiled. Welcome Kami, to the beginning of the Megan Jacobson Social Experiment.

"Hey! It's Kami, right? Wicked awesome killer lady? Well this is Megan Jacobson, and have I got some good news for you! We're here to help!"

She gestured to Bryant and Luke, grinning wildly.

It didn't even occur to her that she had no fucking clue what she was doing.
[+] spoiler
The Program:
F20-Megan Jacobson- Weapon: Helmut Von Slappenstien! (Football Helmet) and his friend Winston Choppington! (Hatchet)- Status: DECEASED - Running Out the Clock -You did good Megan. You did really, really good.- (I wanna be a lion, yeah, everybody wanna pass as cats.)

SOTF TV:
BLU1- Jaszmine Johnson - Weapon: Colt Action Army- Status: DECEASED- Metanoia- The girl who got choked to death by a snake. Jaszmine by Inky / Blue Team by LittleBoy- (You only got one shot, do not miss your chance to blow.)

BRN5- Brenda Hernandez- Weapon: Nerf Longshot- Status: DECEASED-It's Easier To Leave Than To Be Left Behind- Everything is going to be alright.- (Come on, come on, no one can see you try.)

Virtua:
F09: Harper Morgan- Weapon: Blacksmith Mallet- Status: DECEASED- You're Almost Human, After All- Where's my burning bush, huh?- (I'll take a quiet life, a handshake of carbon monoxide.)

Program V2:
F12-Stella Barnes- Weapon: Garden Gnome - Status: DECEASED - Trial and Error- Just keep standing. - (Let them see you struggle and they're going to tear you apart.)
[+] spoiler
G11-Megan Jacobson- Weapon: Nikoletta Sparks, the Stun Gun.- Status: DECEASED - The Twilight of Our Youth- You know, I don't even know how to use this thing. -(I wouldn't trade one stupid decision for another five years of life.)
Live free. Die young.

outfoxd
Contender
outfoxd
Contender

May 23rd, 2011, 5:31 am #3

((Bryant Carver continued from Show Them What the Backs of Our Hands are For))

The irony of following around and listening to a white bitch after hating white people his whole life was not lost on Bryant. He didn't vocalize, however, kept the mild irritation to himself. Megan was alright. If weird. Weird as fuck. Something was off with the girl. He doubted she even knew where she was going.

Especially when they ended right back up at the goddamn barracks. This was his third fucking time. He should have bought fucking real estate in there.

He wasn't surprised to find a sleeping white girl in there, either. It was like the barracks was made for little snowflakes to rest.

Bryant sat back, shotgun held barrel-down, and watched as Megan tried to do...whatever her thing was. He gave her a short, skeptical nod as she gestured to him.
TV2: Jackson King
Current Thread: Killer Munchies

Cake
Mini Maestro
Cake
Mini Maestro

May 24th, 2011, 2:01 am #4

[[Luke Mendoza Continued From: Show Them What the Backs of Our Hands Are For.]]

So here he was, following a hyper-active girl, who in her words "may or may not be" completely nuts, and a black guy who had just finished whooping his ass.

Why was he following them again?

So now they were in the barracks on this quest, Megan had planned. And there she was, sleeping... was none other than Trix For Kids herself: Kami "Hit Girl" Steele!

Weird how, Luke was somehow actually happy to see her. She was, 'kind of' his ally after all. Even if he did make fun of her weight and her speech impediment. If there was anyone, he could convince who'd already turned psycho, to join Megan's cause, it was her.

Then Megan started talking.
Second Chances Version 2 Characters:
B14: Kyran Dean | Alive - bandaged cheek with diagonal scar, bloody nose | Whatever (Catchphrase) in: Hero? But I'm a Kid Like Everyone Else | AK-47
G29: Wendy Fischer | Alive | Pantsless in: Carp Diem | Frozen 25lb Carp with no head (Mr. Dolph)

Sotf-TV Season 65 Flagship:
Gold Team Member #4 (SDA Male): Shawn Morrison | One with the Universe | Being Real in: Oracular Spectacular | Brian Peter George St. John Le Baptiste De La Salle Eno, The Deceased Boa Constrictor.

KamiKaze
Contender
KamiKaze
Contender

May 24th, 2011, 6:41 am #5

Kami didn't get sleep often, even back home.

That was fact. Each night she'd toss and turn in bed, trying to get a good night's sleep. She was never a good sleeper, and oftentimes she'd find herself falling asleep during the day.

So needless to say, sleep was valuable to her.

She didn't remember any dreams she had while she slept. She probably did have a dream, but she hadn't woken up in the middle of it so she couldn't remember.

But eventually sleep must come to an end. Because now three people had interrupted it. And that meant that whoever had waken her up could very well have hell to pay.

As Megan yelled at her, Kami awoke and opened her eyes to discover two things.

One, she was somehow on the floor, most likely having fallen off at some point.

Two, three people were now crowding around her. One of which was... oh hell. That guy from before. Okay, so she guessed they were allies. Not friends, allies. Kami wasn't the type to have friends. Even if she were, he wouldn't have made fun of her weight and speech impediment.

The other two she didn't recognize. One was a black guy. The person who had yelled at her was a girl. No, not Ryan. A different girl.

What was she yelling about?

Apparently something about... helping.

Wait, she needed help, now? In what? She didn't need any help. Maybe in winning the game or helping Luke kill one of those Mason girls, sure. But define "helping", please. If "helping" implied her getting killed after all, no thanks. She didn't want that.

Grabbing her gun which had been resting near her bag and scrambling to her feet, she pointed it at the girl, almost on instinct and out of habit.

"D... define helping? Fuck, you're sneaking up on me! Who are you people? I mean, I know who 'fat guy-" she glanced at Luke "-is, but what's wiff everyone else? Helping? I guess you're trying to kill the Masons too, right? After all, Luke or whatever did say he wanted 'fe Masons to die, so you're hunting for 'fem too, right?"

She took a deep breath.

"Fuck. I don't fink I need any help. At least r-right now. I'm good, really. Unless you have more people for me to shoot at, I'm fine, right? I was trying to sleep, damn it!"

There. Hopefully people would stop crowding the fuck around her. Fuck, and she had been enjoying sleeping for once, damn it.

But presumably they wouldn't attack her, right?

Eh, wouldn't put it past them.
Kami's Sidestories
Charlotte "Charlie" Pemberton- Female Student #??- "Um, hey... I know a lot about meat. How much do you want to cook yours?"

Felicia LaChapelle (SC)- Female Student #022- Attempting first-aid to the soundtrack of an Eminem song.
Miranda Millers (SC)- Female Student #024- Pranking people not quite to death with a tire iron
[+] spoiler
Kami Steele/"Beatrix Kiddo"/"Hit Girl" (Program)- Female Student #02- At least she tried.
wrote: Bake We'll just ask Elena to add a new area into the compound. "Siobhan's Cleavage" - The spaciously large cleavage of an overweight, promiscuous cheerleader who wants to go to Beauty School. THREADS ALLOWED: 8

02:41 Medic Why does the world hate my racist jackass--wait that speaks for itself.

May 25th, 2011, 12:12 am #6

Megan could have punched a puppy.

She was at that level of blind fucking rage right now.

It just stopped making fucking sense, was all. Kami Steele, a killer, a monster, a murderer, had decided that getting some sleep was better than trying to make people think.

"No."

Megan spoke in an eerie calm, trying to maintain her composure.

"I am not 'Mason-hunting. I am not a killer. I am not a monster. You? You are another story, Miss Steele."

Why weren't people listening to her? Why was everyone acting as if she was crazy? Why couldn't people see that she was doing good? Brendon, Alex, Kami, why couldn't they fucking understand?

"Last I heard, you do need help. Because you are a killer, a killer, do you know what that means? That means that there's blood on your hands, that you've killed an innocent person! Innocent people, even!"

Why was everyone in the world against her, treating her like shit, making her feel stupid, why couldn't she just take control of this game, make it her bitch, feel in power for once, why the fuck couldn't she stop this, why couldn't she live?

"And here's me, me, trying to stick my fucking neck out for you, you bitch!"

Okay that part was supposed to be in her head.

Too late now. Swallow your anger, use it, you're a tough bitch, you're Megan Fucking Jacobson!

"You and all the other killers, I'm trying to help you goddamnit! To make you understand, to make America stop and listen, I'm trying to help you and you act like I'm the fucking crazy one! No one will ever forgive you for what you've done Kami, you can't go back like this! I'm trying to help you, trying to help everyone, and all anyone can do is treat me like shit!"

Fucking Brendon and his fucking big mouth and his fucking anger and he couldn't understand, but she'd show him, she'd show him, she'd show all of them goddamnit, she'd die. She would die here, die for something because it was better, so much better than dying for nothing at home, and she wasn't going to let these people make her die in vain. She wasn't going to die for fucking nothing.

"I don't have anyone for you too shoot at because shooting is bad! Or didn't they teach you that in fucking school! You're not a monster Kami, but you're a bad person, and you're going to fall down a hill you can't get back up if you keep doing this! Focus damnit! Let me fucking help you!"

With that, Megan launched Helmut Von Slappenstien towards Kami, letting her rage tunnel out into physical action.

If it took smacking Kami upside the head with a helmet to make her understand that Megan was the good guy then so be it.

She paused.

Kami had a gun.

Kami was not going to be happy.

Megan's only weapon was now feet away.

She had no way to back up her words, no way to convince Kami of anything.

Megan Jacobson did not know what she was doing at all, and it all finally crashed down on top of her.

Oh shit. Oh god, oh fucking GOD, what the fuck am I doing?

Her breath caught in her throat.

I've lost it. I've gone completely insane. And now I'm going to get myself killed for it.

"Fuck."
[+] spoiler
The Program:
F20-Megan Jacobson- Weapon: Helmut Von Slappenstien! (Football Helmet) and his friend Winston Choppington! (Hatchet)- Status: DECEASED - Running Out the Clock -You did good Megan. You did really, really good.- (I wanna be a lion, yeah, everybody wanna pass as cats.)

SOTF TV:
BLU1- Jaszmine Johnson - Weapon: Colt Action Army- Status: DECEASED- Metanoia- The girl who got choked to death by a snake. Jaszmine by Inky / Blue Team by LittleBoy- (You only got one shot, do not miss your chance to blow.)

BRN5- Brenda Hernandez- Weapon: Nerf Longshot- Status: DECEASED-It's Easier To Leave Than To Be Left Behind- Everything is going to be alright.- (Come on, come on, no one can see you try.)

Virtua:
F09: Harper Morgan- Weapon: Blacksmith Mallet- Status: DECEASED- You're Almost Human, After All- Where's my burning bush, huh?- (I'll take a quiet life, a handshake of carbon monoxide.)

Program V2:
F12-Stella Barnes- Weapon: Garden Gnome - Status: DECEASED - Trial and Error- Just keep standing. - (Let them see you struggle and they're going to tear you apart.)
[+] spoiler
G11-Megan Jacobson- Weapon: Nikoletta Sparks, the Stun Gun.- Status: DECEASED - The Twilight of Our Youth- You know, I don't even know how to use this thing. -(I wouldn't trade one stupid decision for another five years of life.)
Live free. Die young.

KamiKaze
Contender
KamiKaze
Contender

May 25th, 2011, 10:40 am #7

What the hell was going on?!

She's been woken up by Luke, and... whoever this two were, and then the girl had said she was trying to help. When she said she was sure she didn't need any, this girl flipped her lid.

Kami didn't get why people at her school reacted the way they did. She didn't get what set some people off sometimes. Sure, Kami had realized that how she worded that was more than a bit rude, but, well, she was sleeping, and she was never in a good mood when woken up. As noted, sleep was extremely valuable to Kami, and if it was interrupted, there would be hell to pay.

But what was this girl's problem?

Apparently her killing and asking if she was looking for the Masons too was what set her off. This Kami didn't get. Most people were playing to win, right? And she was hanging around Luke. Didn't he want to kill those two off? And Ryan did indeed get one. So how was it "bad" to ask that? It was a pretty good conclusion to come to. And she apparently wanted to screw over the system?

The system... she knew it couldn't be screwed with. It was government run. There were cameras everywhere. There was no possible escape. Even just not showing up to Announcement Day can screw you over. There was no way to break it, that she knew of.

And Kami felt herself growing more and more angry as each word was screamed out.

She wasn't enjoying this. That was a fact. Did she enjoy hurting people? No. But it was what she had to do. And she knew that once she got home, she'd be considered a hero, like the people who did well in the army. That was how this country worked. She'd be respected, maybe get some sort of medal of honor. It was something to be honored, really.

It sucked killing people. She remembered how it felt killing those two girls. She, obviously, didn't like it. Sure, they'd attacked her, but it still affected her, in a way. It wasn't easy killing.

But Kami had dealt with it. How? By reminding herself that it would be an honor to win. That her country respected those who did. That was what kept her going. She was going home a war hero.

Not a monster like Megan claimed.

She wasn't a monster. She was the hero of this story. Kami Steele was far from a bad person. Just doing what she needed to do.

Kami felt her blood boiling as the screaming momentarily stopped. She was about to say something in return, but...

CLUNK!

Kami cried out in pain as something hit her in the head. Momentarily stunned by the collision, she moved one of her hands from the gun, briefly not pointing it at the group, and towards her forehead where the object had hit her, only to quickly move it away. A brief glance down told her that she had thrown, of all things in the world that could have been, a football helmet at her.

She quickly looked back up at the girl, feeling even more angry. Placing her hand back on the gun, she felt herself tremble out of fear and anger.

Not only had she insulted her and tried to make her feel bad, she had attacked her.

"Damn it, so 'fat's what you want? You... you can't break 'fe program! 'Fere's no FUCKING WAY YOU CAN BREAK IT! It's run by 'fe fucking government! You're going to die a horrible and painful deaf if you screw wiff 'fem! More likely to, at fucking least! And I was fucking asking if you were looking for 'fe Masons too since Luke or whatever was! Even told me to kill 'fem! Told me he'd respect me if I did! Fuck, I'm doing what is expected of me on 'fis fucking 'fing! I'm not a monster or anyfing like 'fat! AND YOU FUCKING 'FREW SHIT AT ME! YOU FUCKING BITCH!"

Kami could barely contain her rage. She didn't care anymore. Plus, technically he said not to kill Ryan or him. He didn't say anything about this bitch.

So she did the first thing that came to mind.

She pulled the trigger.

And she didn't even care whether she hit or miss, she was that pissed off.
Kami's Sidestories

[+] spoiler

outfoxd
Contender
outfoxd
Contender

May 25th, 2011, 3:10 pm #8

Things went south, as they always seemed to do when Bryant was around, seemed like. Megan had got pissed. Kami got more pissed (which was kinda funny because she had this hilarious speech impediment that Bryant had to stop from laughing at). Those parts were bad enough.

It was way worse when Kami raised her big handgun and fired a shot at Megan. The thunderous report in the barracks was almost deafening, and set Bryant's ears to ringing. He couldn't tell if she had missed Megan, because he was too busy reacting in kind, eyes going wide as he brought his 12-gauge up to hip level. He pulled one of his gun's double triggers before he even aimed properly, firing from the hip.

The shotgun blast drowned out Kami's scream, even as the recoil from the improperly braced weapon kicked him back on his ass.

When he managed to recompose himself, look up at what he'd done, he almost started dry heaving.

You did it again, baby. Another notch on your fucking belt. Proud?

Cake
Mini Maestro
Cake
Mini Maestro

May 25th, 2011, 4:11 pm #9

... Then Megan started yelling. Throwing football helmets.

Kami, was hit.
She was mad.
She started yelling too.
Then she fired shots.
Loud ringing echoing from the unexpected noise.

Screams.

Luke moved out of the way, pulling his gun out as well, ready to shoot, until he noticed Kami Steele wasn't aiming at him at all. She'd kept her promise.

Then before he could react, another gun shot, a bigger and louder one erupted in the room. It was from Bryant.

More Screams.

This was a disaster.
B14: Kyran Dean | Alive - bandaged cheek with diagonal scar, bloody nose | Whatever (Catchphrase) in: Hero? But I'm a Kid Like Everyone Else | AK-47
G29: Wendy Fischer | Alive | Pantsless in: Carp Diem | Frozen 25lb Carp with no head (Mr. Dolph)

Gold Team Member #4 (SDA Male): Shawn Morrison | One with the Universe | Being Real in: Oracular Spectacular | Brian Peter George St. John Le Baptiste De La Salle Eno, The Deceased Boa Constrictor.

KamiKaze
Contender
KamiKaze
Contender

May 26th, 2011, 1:58 am #10

And suddenly the room erupted into chaos.

She wasn't sure what was happening. She could vaguely see Luke lifting his gun, as if to defend himself. She wasn't sure if she'd hit, and frankly, she still didn't care.

And all of a sudden...

BANG!

She heard herself scream, and...

Kami smiled. She had won. She was the last one alive, and she was going home. The silly man had announced her as the last one remaining, and had congratulated her, while cracking jokes about llamas and American flags. And now she was heading home. On the bus, just like the one they had escorted everyone to the orientation before they appeared in the compound.

And when she made it home, everyone was happy. She had been seen as doing a service, a favor. Kami Steele was a hero. Her mom hugged her, as her brother and father clapped. Every single member of her family was clapping and cheering for her, right at that moment.

It had been a long journey, but in the end, she made it.

Kami Steele had become the winner of The Program. And she although she still felt bad about killing all those people, she knew that in the end it was worth it. She had survived, and proven herself to be a good American citizen. She had the courage, she had the willingness to make sacrifices, and she had proven herself to be a good potential soldier.

She continued to smile as they all respected her. For once in her life, Kami had felt like she had done good, and did something honorable.

The only thing bugging her, though, was that ache she had in her abdomen. It wasn't from anything like overeating. Kami had barely eaten since she arrived home. It felt pretty bad, though, probably the worst pain she felt in her life.

And eventually she doubled over, falling to her knees and clutching her stomach, noticing that it felt... wet. Everyone stared at her, curious at to what was going on.

It hurt. It really hurt! Kami felt herself starting to tear up from the pain, and clenched her eyes.

When she opened them again, she saw that she wasn't back home again. Of course she wouldn't be; little did she know that no one knew what happened to the winners, as she never had the opportunity to find out that little bit of information, and never will.

What she did see, though, was three people standing around her, staring at her. It was all a blur. But she knew she wasn't home. She couldn't focus on them, though.

And she glanced down, and realized what had happened.

She'd been shot. Her arms had wrapped themselves around the stomach, right where the bullet had gotten her. Her gun had been dropped in the panic. Her brown and white dress had been stained with red blood, and there was something... a little like rope. She couldn't figure out what it was. But it all hurt, it all hurt.

Kami felt herself shifting her arms covering the wound a bit, and a bit more of the ropey substance fell out. And right at that moment, she'd realized what it was.

Her guts. It'd been so powerful it had...

No. She didn't want to die!

Kami screamed out of both fear and pain, covering the gaping wound in her abdomen. They'd blown out her guts! No, no, she was going to die like this!

She sobbed, trying to push the guts back with her forearm. There was no way she was touching those! It'll only make things worse! She had to find a way to win the game, even with a gaping wound in her stomach and her intestines shredded and partially falling out from the blow! She had to live, damn it, even if it meant running around this place with organs all over!

But she couldn't. Her vision was already starting to fade into darkness, and she couldn't see anything. She couldn't see how the three reacted, whether or not they were enjoying this, or so on.

But she didn't want to die! It... it... it'd mean...

She had lost.

She didn't want to lose.

Her sobs were the only thing she could hear in her mind, and she didn't hear anything else.

It all hurt.

And though she'd never admit it, deep down she just wanted it to be over.
Kami's Sidestories

[+] spoiler

Cake
Mini Maestro
Cake
Mini Maestro

May 27th, 2011, 3:25 pm #11

Luke was left speechless. He stared in gaping horror, toward the formerly, strong spirited female, Beatrix "Hit Girl" Kiddo and the results of Bryant Carver's shotgun blast.

She was no longer Beatrix Kiddo. In reality, she was simply Kami Steele. Your average high school girl. Who was reduced to sobs.

Kami was laying on that barrack bed, with tears running down her face, her voice pained, depressed, and defeated. Her screams, resonating anguish, torment, and suffering... Luke tried his best not to look at her exposed belly. Looking away as Kami, tried and failed to push her intestines back in.

She was still alive, but in severe agony. He couldn't just leave her like that. No one deserved this kind of slow torture.

"Kami?" Luke stepped toward the bed slowly, keeping his eyes focused on her face.

"... Hit Girl? It's Luke..." He said, as he sat on the edge of the bed next to her, still concentrating on her face.

Her helplessness, made Luke feel sick. Her eyes, through tears, seemed to look at him, but he wasn't even sure if she could see, or even hear what he had to say. But he needed to talk to her first. It just didn't feel right, shooting her, without telling her first. Despite their differences, the girl wasn't so bad. She even kept her promises of not shooting him, and hunting down the Mason twins. Like him, like the all of them, Kami was only doing what was intended of her to do in this Program.

He held his gun sideways, before resting it on the bed as well. He didn't care at this moment, if Bryant or Megan was thinking this weird.

"Kami Steele." He took her hand. It was warm, and bloody. Luke would just pretend it was ketchup from his mother's job at the Heinz Corporation.

"My Hit Girl." He gave a very weak smile.
Luke took off his shades, and placed them in his pocket, to get a better, un-tinted view of her face. She was in tremendous pain, and Luke had to make this quick.

"Thanks for keeping your promises kid, and trying your best to help me. I really appreciate it... You're a strong girl... and I appreciate strong women like you..."
Like Sor, like Juliet, like Ryan, like Megan, like Mom.

Luke saw Kami's gun and picked it up. A newer hand gun, compared to his own revolver. He gripped her hand tighter, yet gently.

"Don't worry about any of this anymore, Hit Girl... I'll take it from here."
He stood up, silently, with his revolver in his pocket, and Kami's gun in his other hand; still looking at her face. Not at the rest of her body.

Luke lifted Kami's own gun in the air, pointing it at her... and aiming the barrel at Kami's heart.

"It will be over, really soon..."

A vision. Logan Sorenson's still smiling face. Her lifeless body on the bed, just like this one.

Luke gasped, his hand quivering, but still pressing into the trigger.

Alex Thornton's tainted visage.

The quivering increased.

Joanne Seguin, with eyes open, staring back at him. Surrounded with her own blood. A hatchet stuck in her forehead.

Eyes began to water. He backed away. Gun still pointed at Kami Steele. Still ready to shoot.

Matt's face. Blood leaking through his mouth, with every cough.

Luke lowered the gun, backing into Bryant, looking at him for a split second and looking back at Kami. He saw again, everything he had been trying to avoid looking at the whole time, all in vivid and gruesome detail. His neck tightened. The eyes. Again.

The eyes were the worst part. Worse than even her wound. Kami was just staring at him, in-between sobs. Helpless. In surrender.

Waiting.

A regular high school girl.

Finally flashing into his mind was the message written by one of the Mason Twins. Putting everything into perspective.

Luke pulled it out of his pocket. Looked at it: Please Forgive Me...

It's like her eyes were saying those exact words. No one was truly bad here, were they? No one deserved to die here. Luke promised himself already, didn't he? He even said it out loud. Why was he doing this? Why was he still aiming a gun at somebody? That meant he was ready to shoot. Ready to kill... No! He was just trying to end someone's suffering! Right? It was the right thing to do! He wasn't actually killing her in cold blood! Why couldn't he do it? Why couldn't he just pull the damn trigger? Do his American duty?

Because he would just be adding to his body count. A kill was still a kill and Luke even said to Megan that he didn't want to kill anymore... So he wasn't. He couldn't.

"I... I Can't. I can't do it! Megan. Bryant. I can't do it..."

outfoxd
Contender
outfoxd
Contender

May 27th, 2011, 7:10 pm #12

((hopefully the mild gming is ok))

Bryant had set the shotgun down before standing up, so he was empty handed before Luke tried to put Kami down. He had managed to hold down his gullet; small blessing.

Then it turned out Luke couldn't do it, bumped against Bryant.

Bryant reached down with his empty hand and took the .45 from Luke, gently. He held it up to his eyes, looked at it. It was a tool. A tool that he was going to use to finish two tasks.

He rested a hand on Luke's shoulder, looked him in his shellshocked eyes.

"I got it."

Bryant strode past Luke, the big handgun clenched in his right. He sat down on the bed next to Kami, bringing his weight down easy so as not to jar her body with the shock.

"Hey. Look at me."

The girl managed to focus on him with eyes glassy with pain.

He swallowed, hard, and kept talking.

"I'm sorry, Kami. Sorry it had to be like this. We...none of us got any excuses. Shit went sour. But I'ma fix it. Best way I can. Only way I can."

Bryant reached out to the mortally wounded girl with his left hand, pulled one of her hands gently away from her stomach. A piece of her intestine came back out, and Bryant almost lost his nerve right there. Still, he held on. He held onto his composure, and he held onto Kami's hand, what he hoped was some small comfort.

Bryant's other hand pressed the muzzle of the .45 to Kami's temple. Soon his finger was squeezing the trigger.

KamiKaze
Contender
KamiKaze
Contender

May 28th, 2011, 12:02 am #13

Kami felt blood rising in her mouth, as she heard a few voices drift by. She could only make a few things out.

"... Hit Girl..."

"... for keeping your promises, kid..."

"...You're a strong girl..."

Only snippets of conversation, possibly at her. She wasn't sure who was saying it all. Luke? Kami tried to say something, but couldn't.

She felt something pull her hand away, as the voice continued. The blur who was in front of her was looking at her, she knew. The blur's name was Luke, that she presumed. Presumed.

Her mind didn't want to process this any more.

But she had to keep moving. She had to. Kami had to figure out a way to fix her gaping stomach and continue. She wasn't going to die here! She could make it if she wanted to.

Her vision darkened even more, as the figure grabbed an object (her gun?) off the ground. He was taking it! He was taking her gun! Kami felt herself sob a bit more, both out of pain and knowing that she was helpless now.

No, she wasn't helpless! She can get up! She wasn't about to die here!

But she stared up at the dark blur, looking at him and trying to figure things out. What was he doing? What was...

More shouting. He couldn't do something, apparently.

Do what...?

Another figure walked towards her. The black guy. Now what was happening? He was saying something to her, too, but she couldn't figure out what it was either. But she tried her best to focus. Kami's heart was clearly trying hard inside her chest to keep beating, and she felt rather... cold.

Her hand was squeezed again.

An object pressed against her temple.

It took Kami a second to realize what it was.

It was to end like this.

They were going to finish her off.

No no no no! She could get up, she could heal from this, right? Sure, it was hard to keep your organs in after something like this, but you could survive a lot of things! A guy once survived getting a large iron rod through his brain while working on a railroad track, for crying out loud! She could make it if she just tried.

She could make it.

She could make it.

She could make it.

She could...

BANG!

And Kami's entire world went completely dark.

Forever.

F02-Kami Steele: ELIMINATED
Kami's Sidestories

[+] spoiler

May 29th, 2011, 5:39 am #14

And just like that, everything had gone to shit. It was almost beautiful, how quickly it had all happened. Megan had opened her big mouth, and then less than two minutes later, Kami Steele was lying dead on the floor in a pile of her own guts, Bryant standing off to the side, holding the gun that had knocked her insides outside.

Megan had felt some bullets whizz by her head, but nothing had hit. How fucking ironic was that? It was Megan who had started this shit, Megan who decided that she was the goddamned savoir of the universe, Megan who had fucked up beyond all hope- and yet it was Luke who'd lost a friend, Bryant who'd become even more of an irredeemable killer, and Kami who'd died.

Megan could feel the blood on her hands. She never even needed to pull the trigger.

She couldn't stay. She couldn't stay and look at the guts on the floor, or look at Bryant, or Luke, or any of them. She couldn't take responsibility for her actions.

"I...I..."

Megan stared at Bryant. What had he done to deserve this shit? She was trying to make him sympathetic and instead she'd made him more of a killer.

"I..."

And Luke? Luke was trying to repent for his actions, trying to help her, giving her weapons, trying to help Brendon because that's what Matt had wanted.

"I was..."

Brendon. Brendon was trying to show her the reality and she'd been a horrid bitch to him, to the one person who'd tried to help her this whole game, to the one person who was truly her friend. She'd left him for strangers with machine guns, to fight an ideal in a war she couldn't win. Matt who she had let die because she couldn't stop him, who's footsteps she'd followed by wandering off alone like a moron. Abby who she was trying to avenge by forgiving her killer? Chris and Wendy who she was remembering by trying to salvage the monster who'd murdered them in cold blood? Dom who she'd hated for petty reasons, who she forgave only after he was already gone? Sherri who had been her best friend, once, and now who she barely even thought about?

This was what everything had come down to.

Megan Jacobson was as much a killer as anyone, only she was somehow worse. She didn't need to pull the trigger. Death just followed her where ever she went. She was a monster by relation, bringing death and pain to people who didn't fucking deserve it.

She let out a sob.

"I was only trying to help."

And you can't even do that right Megan. You miserable, miserable fuck up. You monster.

She ran towards the body, grabbing Helmut Von Slappenstien, her only source of comfort left- an intimate object was her only fucking friend, how sad was that?- and looked back, once.

"I was only trying to help," she whispered, tears running down her face, snot clogged in her nose, salt in her throat, entire body aching.

And then she turned and ran.

She ran until her feet couldn't carry her anymore.

((Megan Jacobson, continued in I Don't Wanna Grow Up))
[+] spoiler
The Program:

SOTF TV:

Virtua:

Program V2:
[+] spoiler
Live free. Die young.

outfoxd
Contender
outfoxd
Contender

May 29th, 2011, 5:52 am #15

There was blood on his face. He could feel it, warm, dripping down his cheeks. More for the collection.

He was staring, dead-eyed, at the mattress behind the freshly made body. The Colt felt like a lead weight in his hand, so he let it drop to the bed.

He never turned back to face Luke, not even as Megan ran out.

"Luke. You go...go find her. Make sure she stays safe."

He let go of the gun and buried his face into his hands.

"Gonna stay here awhile."