Mark it Up

Brackie
Veteran
Brackie
Veteran

November 30th, 2010, 8:17 am #1

((Matthew Payne continues from New Artistry Tools))

Well, for starters, being exhausted and trapped inside a confined space with a girl in Matthews class seemed like the perfect way to spend the day. If only that was the way it sounded, then it would be super happy fun times for all. Except, of course, for the Program, and the ensuing death, and the ever increasing possibility that any girl he ran into would be all so willing to rid him of his manly bits and shove them down his throat before violating him with a pool cue.

Honestly, that stuff happened.

Matthew finally caught up to the girl who saved him back at the garage, and ran with her, not letting her out of his sight. They were both in the same boat here, and he concluded from the fact that she didn't seem to want to kill him horrifically that a) He hadn't slept with her, and b) She wasn't playing this game. Both of these were okay terms, in fact, and suited him quite well. The less baggage his companion had, the better.

From their own little vantage point, the two had opted to not run straight out into the open of the compound unanimously, and rather stayed to the building back-alleys. From what they could see, the biggest building in the place, a large administrative building, stood tall at the other end.

It took a while, and much time without even a hint of conversation, only hand gestures and nods, they made it. Slamming the door shut behind them, Matt was estatic that he finally made it across the entire place without getting shot at again, and started laughing!

"Awesome, you saved my fucking life! Thanks for getting me out of that jam back there Rena, I could kiss you! Actually-" Matt started, before grabbing Rena by the shoulders and planting a kiss right on her lips, holding it for a few seconds before breaking it "-there you go! I dunno how else I'm gonna call it even, but that can be it for now!"

Matt stood there, almost bouncing and grinning, before falling back and collapsing against the wall, still grinning.

Well, it was as good a coping mechanism as any, really, keeping one's mind away from the fact that she was a teenage girl who probably had needs that Mattew could...satisfy. It would probably get him a lot further in the game than the little immature girls, like Maddie back at the garage, or even that emo chick Chanel who once kicked him right where it hurt after he tried to ask for her phone number. Fact was, no matter how much he didn't like the thought of everyone he knew dying, pricks and weirdo's aside, if he didn't play smart, just like a fencing match, he was dead.

Taking off his headband, he wiped his forehead which had amassed a large amount of sweat already, and grinned up at the girl who saved his life.

"So any chance for a screw? We could be dead in a few days, you never know."
The Program 2.5 - Traitors

Santiago Ibarra - Butterfly Knife

Nani Clover - Plastic Scythe

[+] Spoiler
Battle Royale AU - A Second Chance
Yoshio - Cause of Death: 'sploded - 15/42
Yuko - Cause of Death: Lack of Faith - 32/42
The Program - v1 - Young Patriots
Chanel - ♡ - 51/53
♥ -
Matthew - ☿ - 27/53
- - -
SOTF TV - v1 - Our Main Cast
Holly - Thuck the game. - 58/66
Ω - Ω - Ω
Anna - [redacted]. - 21/66
© - © - © - © - © - © - ©
VIRTUA SOTF - The Players
Ramona - Boom. - 40/47
- -
Cameo - Gasp. - 7/47
Ø - Ø - Ø - Ø - [url=http://s1.zetaboards.com/SOTF_Mini/topic/4633730%2

Rocky
Regular
Rocky
Regular

December 1st, 2010, 1:43 am #2

((Rena Bellaire continued from New Artistry Tools))

Rena couldn't remember the last time she had run for so long. She was always one of the more lazy ones in gym class, walking when the teacher wasn't looking. Right now, running like all hell, a heavy bag on her shoulder and carrying whatever was inside the metal lockbox wasn't don't much for her lungs. Rena had to do everything in her power to not collapse the moment they entered the little room the two were now in.

Rena found herself in a confined space with Matt Payne, a notorious play boy. Something about that situation made her feel slightly uncomfortable. This wasn't helped by the fact that moments later he kissed her. And not even on the cheek or something, it was full on her lips. Rena didn't know how to react, so she didn't do anything. Matt pulled away a couple moments later.

Rena felt her face flush bright red. "Uh-um it's not biggie. I mean.. I don't want to see anyone die." The girl turned away, trying to hide her blushing face. Oh God... that was my first kiss! Rena thought in her head. And of course, Matt made the moment even worse by... propositioning her for sex.

"Uhhh..." Rena was at a total loss for words. This guy didn't believe in tact apparently. The girl reflexively squeezed her legs together, not feeling very comfortable at that moment. At the same time, she didn't want to just ditch the boy because he was asking her for sex. I mean, it wasn't like he was trying to force himself on her or rape her or something.

"I... umm I don't think now is the best time to be talking about this..." She turned back around to face the boy, keeping her lockbox nearby. She didn't want to, but it would be nice to have something on hand in case Matt wasn't the kind to take no for an answer.
[+] Spoiler
Female Student #15-Noriko Nakagawa-No Weapon- Northern Cliffs
Female Student #06-Yukiko Kitano-No Weapon- Residential District
[+] Spoiler
Subject C08 Ashlie Jackson
[+] Spoiler
G07 Rena Bellaire
G12 Joanne Seguin
[+] Spoiler
Marvia Jones- Team: RED

Brackie
Veteran
Brackie
Veteran

December 1st, 2010, 7:32 am #3

Unsurprisingly, especially for a girl who'd been thrown into such a fiesty situation that quickly, Rena rejected his proposition. Taking it in his stride, he laughed lightly again, and ran his fingers through his hair.

"Well, fair enough I suppose, didn't expect you to say yes," Matthew said, before looking around the front hall the two had found themselves in. Apart from some voices that seemed to be almost distant, they were alone.

Dammit, he should have been more persistant. They could do it as loudly as possible and no one would know. Well, his parents would probably see. Oh, and her parents. Come to think of it, if he made it off of here after screwing someone, then whoever he screwed's parents and family would probably never be able to look at him. Wait, they never made it back to America, did they?

...well that was a bummer.

Eyeing the girl he just locked lips with, he noted to himself that she wasn't that bad a specimen. He hadn't really gotten to know her over the years they'd been at school together (the odds were that she knew him a lot more, like most of their grade), but she rated a solid 7 on his scale.

Well, maybe a bit less.

In this situation, anyone and anything skyrocketed to a 10 anyway, so that point was moot.

An uncomfortable silence followed, during which he eyed the box in her hands.

"See I'm not the only one who hit the fucked-up end of the weapon scale, huh? Never seen a girl wallop someone that hard. What's in there anyway?" Matthew asked, trying his best to keep a grin on his face.

[+] Spoiler
Chanel - ♡ - 51/53
♥ -
Matthew - ☿ - 27/53
- - -
Ω - Ω - Ω
Ramona - Boom. - 40/47
- -
Cameo - Gasp. - 7/47

Rocky
Regular
Rocky
Regular

December 2nd, 2010, 1:53 am #4

Rena felt her face flush again when Matt brought up what happened a little while back. She looked down at the box in her hand, feeling it's weight. She didn't know what had come over her, but it had felt... good. Not the actual attacking, that part made her feel bad for the girl, but the knowledge she had saved someone's life made her feel fuzzy on the inside.

"Uhm... I don't know." Rena said in response to Matt's question. "It's locked and I couldn't find a key..." the girl took her bag and dumped it's contents out on a small table nearby, inviting the boy to shuffle through it if he chose to, doing the same herself. Unsurprisingly, her search didn't divulge the key of her desires.

Rena sighed, slumping down onto the wall next to the desk. She really wanted to know what was inside her box, but unless someone else had her key, that probably wasn't happening. At least it made for a good impromptu weapon, as she so readily demonstrated.

"So, what do we do next?"
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
G07 Rena Bellaire
G12 Joanne Seguin
[+] Spoiler

Brackie
Veteran
Brackie
Veteran

December 2nd, 2010, 6:35 am #5

So from what Matt could tell, the girl got a locked box for a weapon. Surprisingly, that piqued his interest mightily. What could actually be inside there? Something important, right? Like, it could be something dangerous, like a grenade or two, or even something that couldn't be considered a weapon at all? Black Plague? Cyanide? One of those 20-year-old romance novels about vampires?

Nah, that was stupid. If it had one of those it would probably need a warning label.

Pushing himself off the wall into a standing position, he wandered over to the table on which all Rena's worldly belongings lay scattered about. Seemed usual enough, really, they shared everything. Same first-aid, same map...but the box seemed to replace the little leather pouch he recieved himself.

...hang on.

Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute.

Matthew had a lock-picking kit.

+

Rena had a locked box.

=

Oh boy oh boy oh boy.

While Rena slumped down against the wall, just like he did before, he took the metal box and examined the lock closey. Noting the lack of light in the room, he walked over to the wall and flicked the switch.

Nothing.

Sighing dejectedly, he walked back over to the scattered belongings, box in hand, and grabbed the flashlight. Flicking it on, his eyes adjusted to the flash of light momentarily, before turning his attention to the box lock.

It wasn't that bad of a lock, to be honest. It could have been mistaken for something off a door, an Matt was pretty sure that this was the sort of thing that his lock-picking kit was made for. He had no way of knowing until he tried it out however.

Spinning around after placing the torch on the table, he smiled again to Rena, holding up the kit mischeaviously.

"Hey, if you like, I can get this open. Here," Matthew said, before tossing the kit over to the girl. No point in making all the following demands unless he had proof to back them up, "My assigned weapon, lock-picking tools. If you can get me some proper lighting, security, and a shitload amount of time, I might be able to get you whatever's in this little box of yours."

Leaning back on the table, box balanced lengthways in his hand, he rattle it around a bit before turning his eyes back to the girl. Matthew's smile had been replaced by an inquisitive look, determined to do something rather than wait around for something or someone to change the mood.

"How about it?"

[+] Spoiler
Chanel - ♡ - 51/53
♥ -
Matthew - ☿ - 27/53
- - -
Ω - Ω - Ω
Ramona - Boom. - 40/47
- -
Cameo - Gasp. - 7/47

Rocky
Regular
Rocky
Regular

December 4th, 2010, 1:20 am #6

Rena looked up when Matt started talking about getting her box unlocked, looking at the leather pouch he was holding in his hand. It seemed like a good idea, but she doubted they would have time. Then again, the two were holed up in an out of the way room in the middle of a large building, and trying to unlock a box couldn't be any louder than... well, that. As long as it got his mind off of that, then Rena didn't see any harm in try.

"Umm.... okay, if you think you could unlock it." The last thing she needed was for him to break off one of the tools in the lock, making it impossible to open. Although, there were other ways to open it she supposed. "Are you sure it's a good idea though? I mean, it might be a bomb or poison or something, and I don't think I'm ready to die just yet..."

Rena began to fidget with her hands, staring intently at her knees. She wasn't sure what was worse, the fact that she knew she was going to die, or the fact that for a fleeting moment she had considered taking Matt up on his offer before opening the box. The girl shook her head slightly, dispelling any such thoughts. There were more important things to worry about, stuff like finding out what was in the box. Rena stood, grabbing the flashlight from Matt's hands and holding it over the box so he could see better.

"Be careful..." was all she could think to say as she began to watch him do his thing.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
G07 Rena Bellaire
G12 Joanne Seguin
[+] Spoiler

Brackie
Veteran
Brackie
Veteran

December 4th, 2010, 4:46 am #7

Under the guise of a smile, Matthew pulled over a nearby chair and placed the box on it. The lock on the box didn't seem like anything difficult, and he counted that as a blessing. God bless the country that refuses to change, it would always end up benefiting the old-fashioned at heart.

Taking out the tools, he examined each of them under the torchlight Rena provided before placing them next to each other on the table. Okay, so he'd never picked a lock before. However, he did remember his science teacher teaching a class about mechanics and locks. He knew that since this was old-fashioned, it would be exactly how the textbooks described it. The rods and everything would work exactly how he invisioned it.

Matthew placed his fingers upon the shiniest tool, the one that seemed to resemble a tension wrench, or whatever it was called, he racked his brain. He knew that this one was a solid part of it, so...

With a silent breath, he inserted the tool into the bottom of the lock, where the teeth would lay were it a key. It managed to make its way in quite nicely, without too much grating or tension. It slid through however much it needed to, and stopped. Curling his bottom lip, he slowly, veeeeery slowly tried to turn the wrench in either direction. Counter-clockwise. No good. Not even a little bit of give. Clockwise. That, my friends, was perfect. It moved, only the slightest bit, but it did indeed move. A little smile crept its way onto face, only a little, while he turned his eyes towards the various amounts of picks on the table.

...man, did that girl have to breathe so heavy?

"Uh...Rena, could you..." Matthew said, before slipping his hand into hers, taking the flashlight "Just...check around to see if there's anyone coming, or keep guard?" He placed the flashlight on the desk, and tried his best to choose the correct tool for the job. So far, they all looked the same.

They lay on the table, ordered from thinnest to thickest, all probably pertaining to the type of lock involved. Taking another look at the lock, he felt each pick end to find out which one matched it in thickness and length. The most appropriate looking one jumped out at him, and he placed it in his hands.

With so much care, he slowly inserted the pick into Rena's lockbox. It was a slow process, seeing as how this was something that needed to be handled carefully, but it would ultimately prove worth it in the end.

Okay, I'm in now. So...there's the rods up the top, isn't there. If I just find them, and push them up...

Quickly, Matthew raked across the top of the lock, back and forth, remembering seeing something on the internet about it, if only briefly It loosened the locks. It wasn't like he had photographic memory, he had to try and remember this as best he could without knowing exactly what the heck could happen.

Pushing it in fully again, he felt the little click of the pick hitting the back of the lock, and knew that this was the point in which he had to try and start the act, pick the rods. Using his left hand, he readjusted the flashlight placed on the table so that it shone fully in the right direction. There was no point in being fooled by some shadows when an important task relied on it. Matthew placed his fingers back on the wrench, and moved it up slowly.

Cmon, please let this work...

[+] Spoiler
Chanel - ♡ - 51/53
♥ -
Matthew - ☿ - 27/53
- - -
Ω - Ω - Ω
Ramona - Boom. - 40/47
- -
Cameo - Gasp. - 7/47

Rocky
Regular
Rocky
Regular

December 9th, 2010, 6:24 am #8

Rena watched intently as Matt began working the tools on the lockbox, wondering if the boy even knew what he was doing. He seemed confidant enough, thought that could have just been a show. Maybe he was trying to impress her or something. But hey, at least he was kind enough to try and open the box. The curiosity of what was inside was killing her. Even if it just turned out to be nothing more than... something dumb like a novelty toy or something, at least she would know.

The girl was slightly startled when Matt spoke, taking the flashlight from her hand. "Oh, um, sure." she said quietly, turning her back and looking at the door.

It occurred to Rena somewhere in her mind that she was probably the worst person ever to stand guard. She was unarmed, and even if she was, she doubted she would ever be able to use a gun or a knife or something deadly anyways. Hitting someone who was trying to kill someone with a metal box was one thing, but using something that was made for killing was out of the question for her. Rena half turned her head, looking back at the lockbox, and the work that Matt was doing. She wanted to ask how things were going, but she didn't want to bother him either, so she was content with simply waiting until he was finished.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
G07 Rena Bellaire
G12 Joanne Seguin
[+] Spoiler

Brackie
Veteran
Brackie
Veteran

December 10th, 2010, 10:54 am #9

No resistance from the lock, that was a good sign. The pick seemed to scrape the side a little, but nothing else mattered as Matthew, eyes closed, heard the first click.

Click it went. Click!

Still concentrating, he lowered the tension wrench and sighed. One down...

He felt around inside the lock for somewhere else to insert the pick. After a few tries, he felt a little bit of space in between, and moved the wrench again. Click click, again. Good. So good.

After a few more tries, he felt that the pick had gone close enough to the entrance of the box. Matthew licked his lips, and, closing his eyes once more, he slowly started to turn the lock.

...nothing.

Didn't budge, not one bit.

Clenching his fist, Matthew let out a frustrated grunt, and punched the table. Now it was a metal table, so the immediate reaction was to grab his stinging knuckles with his other hand and curse.

"FUCK!" he yelled, just loud enough to not be heard throughout the building, but loud enough for the girl he shared the room with to be quite alarmed.

Holding his head in his hand, his brain started to go into overdrive again.

Fuck, now what, do I wait here until I die? This girl gonna kill me, or what, I didn't open her box, and now she's gonna be mad I wasted her fucking time! I even kissed her! Why the fuck did I do that? She saved my life, so what, I'm just gonna die anyway, so what the fuck should I care? I'm gonna run, I'll go and find...I'll find...

...wait a second.

"...wait." Matt muttered, before trying the pick and wrench, still held in there, one more time.

Oh right, you turned it the other way, right.

It moved. It definitely moved, and Matt was now focused again. Licking his bottom lip for just a moment, he turned it all the way, finally accomplished.

The box was now open! Grabbing the lid, he yanked it open, and...holy crap a gun.

Inside was a gun. With the gun was ammo, a manual, and assorted brick-a-brack. He got assigned a lock-kit, and this girl was given a jack-in-the-box. So...would she let him take it?

Well, worth a try.

"Hey! I did it! I fucking did it! YEAH!" Matt yelled, not really caring about how loud he was being. He pumped his fist in the air, and spun around to face her.

"Hey, you want a gun? I've got a GUN right here for you! A fucking gun, babe!" Matt continued yelling, and brought the gun out of the box to examine it with the flashlight. It was unnaturally heavy for something that was so small.

[+] Spoiler
Chanel - ♡ - 51/53
♥ -
Matthew - ☿ - 27/53
- - -
Ω - Ω - Ω
Ramona - Boom. - 40/47
- -
Cameo - Gasp. - 7/47

Rocky
Regular
Rocky
Regular

December 17th, 2010, 3:02 am #10

Rena flinched and emitted a barely audible squeak when Matt got angry over something. Judging by the way he was looking at the box, it was probably the source of his anger. The girl wanted to say something to help calm him down, but wasn't sure what she should say. Things were tense enough as it was, the last thing Rena needed was her only ally at this point turning on her. So she just contented herself with staying quiet. This turned out to be a good thing as Matt soon became happy about something.

"Huh? Oh, cool!" Rena exclaimed as she saw what Matt was so happy about. A gun would definitely be helpful in surviving. Whether she would be able to use it or not was a different story. Then again, how many of them had actually seen a gun before? It was definitely Rena's first (well, second technically) time seeing one, and just the sight of it was slightly intimidating, despite being in the hands of someone trustworthy.

A moment of silence passed as Rena contemplated what to do. Should she let Matt keep the gun, or take it for herself? It was her weapon, but then again Matt was the one who got it out. If they got attacked though, they would probably try to take out the one without the gun first. Easier target and all. Not to mention, well... she decided that she would feel safer if she held on to the gun.

"Hey um.." she said hesitantly, not wanting to say the wrong thing. "Co-could I umm... have my weapon?"
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
G07 Rena Bellaire
G12 Joanne Seguin
[+] Spoiler

Brackie
Veteran
Brackie
Veteran

December 20th, 2010, 12:55 pm #11

Well, that was anti-climatic. One would think she could be a little more enthusiastic about actually getting a freaking gun in this game. And man, this gun looked powerful! Matt was no expert in guns and stuff, not a chance, but...come on, not even an "awesome"? "Cool"? Is that what passed in the Homely Girl's Guide to Being Bland and Unnattractive? "Cool"?

Eh, maybe she knew how to use it, who knew.

The girl here, even though she was a girl, probably knew something if she was actually asking for it. Weren't all plain girls like her supposed to have hidden secrets or something? If she was really that dull in both looks and personality, and didn't give any incentive for Matt to chase tail with her, then what could she honestly be hiding from him? Secret Military experience?

No way, not right.

Smiling obliviously as to what her alterior motives could possibly be in a situation that involved him, he flipped the gun around in his hand so that the handle was facing her, and handed it over.

"You got it, babe, I don't even know how to use a gun anyway, so you can go shoot all the pretty little heads you want," Matthew said, resisting the urge to wink. Not gonna help him a lot in this situation, now was it?

[+] Spoiler
Chanel - ♡ - 51/53
♥ -
Matthew - ☿ - 27/53
- - -
Ω - Ω - Ω
Ramona - Boom. - 40/47
- -
Cameo - Gasp. - 7/47

Little Boy
Regular

December 27th, 2010, 3:13 am #12

[[Abby continued from This Can't Be Me]]

She'd been thinking about Alex a lot.

There wasn't much else to think about, when it came right down to it. Her head was filled to the brim with ideas, with fear, anticipation, emotions she would have gladly welcomed back home in her room, pristine and clean. The irony was unbearable. Her potential Magnum Opus was passing her by, and even if she could write it down? Even if her assigned weapon was a pen and paper, how would that do her any good?

I'm an artist, I'm a writer. I'm supposed to create. How can I do anything but destroy with a hammer?

It was pointless and it was aggravating, and served no purpose, only potentially distracting her. Distractions she couldn't afford. Abby didn't expect to win, but she wasn't ready to walk up to deaths door and knock politely. No, there was time for death later. And every potential distraction avoided bought her another minute away from that doorway. And so her thoughts went to Alex, seemingly the only topic that didn't serve to drive her to anger. It was funny. Alex had been so prone to invoking that emotion. Now there was... nothing.

That can't be good.

But what could she do? Kill? Would that make her feel anything, to her sister, her mother?

Her father?

"Doesn't matter."

Abby giggled to herself. She must appear crazy, at least on the cameras. Stalking around, sulking near grey and impossibly droll administrative buildings, keeping to the shadows... Muttering under her breath, to no one in particular, scrubbing dirt off her assigned weapon with the palm of her bright blue gloves.

An obsessive compulsive freak, no better contestant for The Program...

Abby looked up from her spot, crouched in an alcove of what appeared to be an administrative building. She had no idea how long she had been there, after her departure from The Armoury. Time was passing oddly. She was loosing it, and was acutely aware of the fact.

What would Alex be doing right now? Setting traps, stabbing some patriotic asshole in the face? How can I do this? I'm not her. Should I try to be her, in my last moments?

"You're not going to let me live anyways. Look at me." She said, staring upwards, her voice rising with every word. For the first time, she was growing angry. She welcomed it. At least it was here, in relative isolation.

"I'm not going to live, no matter what happens. I'm not a patriot. All of you watching, you know that well enough. You know my Dad. You probably think I'm a fucking replica, don't you? Because that's how things work int his world, it's all cut and dry, black and white. Shitttt."

She shook her head, staring down at the hammer. For the first time, she realized it didn't ACTUALLY have any dirt on it. Scowling she looked at her pristine blue gloves. Not a speck of dirt.

That's. Not. Good.

"I'm going crazy. Literally, I will go crazy here. It's not a matter of if, it's when, and for some reason that's perfectly okay with me, and probably with 99.% of your viewing audience."

Standing up, Abby brushed dust, real and imaginary from the front of her shirt. Looking towards the side of the building, she saw a nondescript grey door. Abby breathed in deep, brushing loose strands of hair out of her face.

"I'm not going to die with a cold."

----

The inside of the building was warm, but did nothing to lessen the chill in her bones. Nothing would dissipate it she reasoned. As far as Abby was concerned, she was on death row. If a chill in her bones was all she had, she wouldn't be complaining.

Just another thing to be concerned about. Haven't seen anyone in hours, and I'm already forgetting about my fear...

Abby padded carefully down the hallway, careful to keep her footsteps as silent as possible. There was noise from somewhere in the bowels of the building and while she was curious, she wasn't intent on pounding her way in to get shot in the face. It was close by and it deserved at least a glance. No point hiding within arms reach of a psychopath....

Making her way down the hallway, the noise became clearer. Two voices from a hallway off to the side, a boy and a girl. The boy sounded particularly... enthusiastic? Abby didn't like the sound of it one bit. Enthusiasm in The Program didn't bode well for people like Abby.

Leaning closer to the door, she listened, straining to hear over the pounding of her own heart.

Get the info and go Abby, no reason to stick around, no reason to talk to anyone. Find out the situation, then ditch. Isn't that what D- soldiers. Soldiers do that...
wrote:17:24CluevaraYaaay drugs.
[+] Spoiler
Abby Erickson > Claw Hammer > "I get tired easy, so maybe the big sleep would be good for me." > Started in: This Can't Be Me Dead in: Actions Speak Louder Then Words PLACED: 27 / 53
Brett Torres > Raven Arms MP-25 (.25) [x4 clips (6 round capacity)] 11/24 /// Stoner 63 (5.56x45mm) [(150 rounds per Drum)] 245/300 > "Bloodthirsty little bunch, ain't we?" > Let's Make Life A Living Hell FATE UNKNOWN...
Jonas Jeffries > PINK TEAM > MAC-10 [x7 clips (30 Round Capacity)] 30/30 > "" 'ow doo I make the muggafuggin' kh-chg noibs?!"" > Magic Bunny Girl Warrior Sidney-Chan PLACED: 31 / 66

Rocky
Regular
Rocky
Regular

January 1st, 2011, 8:58 pm #13

Rena smiled shyly at Matt's comments. Shoot someone? She doubt she could bring herself to do it. Still, just having something like a gun would make her feel safe, even if it was a false sense of security. It wouldn't help her to have it if someone tried to attack her, but maybe simply having the weapon would prevent people from actually attacking her.

Rena's hands were shaking as she reached out, taking the firearm from Matt's hands. It felt heavy in her grip, and a little awkward too. She had never held a gun before, or even seen one in real life. They were on movies all the time, but it was still nothing compared to the real deal. There was already a clip inside the weapon, and the girl at least had enough sense to not put her finger on the trigger. Not that it would have mattered, since the safety was on. Rena felt herself calming down. She would be okay. Everything would be fine.

"So umm...." Rena said after a moment. "I-I guess we should find somewhere else.... to stay that is. Unless you th-think we'll be safe here." God, she was stuttering a lot. She thought she'd gotten over that, but well.... stressful situations tended to bring it back. This was definitely a stressful situation.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
G07 Rena Bellaire
G12 Joanne Seguin
[+] Spoiler

Brackie
Veteran
Brackie
Veteran

January 2nd, 2011, 8:22 am #14

"Well, how about we check where else we can go then? If there's nowhere else, we might as well stay here and wait till someone tries to kill us or something, or..." Matt said, before he trailed off. Not sure how to finish the sentence (and not gonna reveal that any time soon), he reached into his bag and pulled out a bottle of water. Behind that bottle of water was his map.

Matthew held it up in front of him, shining the light on it. Seems to have been a Military compound, not that he could have NOT known that from the amount of running around they did. Well, there were buildings, a firing range, a kitchen, all the stuff you'd see in a military compound. There was always the possibility of going to that helipad that Matthew saw. High ground? Actually going there would go against everything that instinct told him not to do.

...so maybe it was worth a shot.

"Huh," Matthew muttered. Looking over the map at the girl in front of him, he let off the epitome of unsure faces.

"Okay, if you wanna be safe, we could stay here and hold out. Bar the door, waste in the corner, just ration food and...waste anyone who tries to kill us. Wait until everyone dies and then we just both go for the gun. Or - there's a helipad on the map here. It's high. That probably means that no one will want to go there, since it's so high up. And yeah, think about it. We can see if anyone's coming from up there as well," Matthew was slowly being convinced by his own weak argument that heading to this place was the right thing to do.

"I mean, we're safe here, but do you wanna find anyone? There's...there's one or two people I could probably find, but we're definitely more safe if we stay here."

[+] Spoiler
Chanel - ♡ - 51/53
♥ -
Matthew - ☿ - 27/53
- - -
Ω - Ω - Ω
Ramona - Boom. - 40/47
- -
Cameo - Gasp. - 7/47

Rocky
Regular
Rocky
Regular

January 9th, 2011, 8:35 pm #15

Rena listened to what Matt said, considering the options. No one else had found them in this room, despite moments where they weren't exactly quiet. Then again, what little food they had wouldn't last them long. Not to mention that... well, Rena didn't exactly trust Matt to keep his hands off while she was sleeping. If they could find someone, anyone else to team up with, then she would feel much safer.

"Umm, I guess ma-maybe we should move somewhere else. See if we can find other people" she said quietly, her hands gripping tightly around the gun. As soon as the words came out of her mouth, she felt like she was going to regret leaving their little haven. Outside was... something. A warzone maybe. Other people probably had guns. She couldn't have been the only one.

The girl packed everything back into her bag, hoisting it over her shoulder. She looked back at Matt. Part of her screamed to just run and ditch him, and she didn't even know why. He was nice enough. Hell, if he wanted to, he could have done anything once he had that gun in his hands. Instead she gave it to him. So she would stick around for awhile.

"Re-ready?"
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
G07 Rena Bellaire
G12 Joanne Seguin
[+] Spoiler