It's not like its for real or anything, right?

Somewhere along the railroad tracks, sits a lone trading post surrounded by a barbed wire fence. The inside of the trading post contains two separate counters, several shelves a back room for the workers and a storage room. The trading post has been cleared of most of it's stock. Outside of the building are a couple of abandoned and empty wagons. * THREAD COUNT: 1 *
Jadedflames
Rookie

February 19th, 2012, 5:55 pm #46

Samantha turned to Eoin, trying to collect herself. She wasn't really sure how to go about explaining the number of things that were really, truly wrong right now.

She looked at how close he was, thought about pulling in, touching, him, making some form of contact, but then she saw the girl walk in too. No, Lena was after Eoin. Wouldn't be right. And not in a war zone.

Her mind skipped at this thought. Something held it there. She was actually thinking about romance in the middle of this stupid, terrible, situation.

"What's wrong, Eoin? I'll tell you what's wrong. What's wrong is that we have been dropped into this desert, told to kill each other, and given only enough rations to survive a couple of days. What's wrong is that I have had to patch up two people from the verge of death, because some people actually decided to play this stupid game! What's wrong is that I shouldn't be here! I just wanted to be a fucking VET! And here I am trying to keep people alive, and here we come across someone who was killed because SOME FUCKING IDIOT DECIDED TO PLAY WITH A GUN!"

She breathed in deeply, trying her best not to cry. She took a step forward, slightly, and felt herself go a bit light headed. She whispered something to herself, and grabbed Eoin, willing herself into his arms. Needing to touch something alive.

"Fuck it. Why not."
Virtua-SOTF
F11 - Samantha Atterman - Camping Set -

M06 -
Simon Mattheson - Winchester Rifle -

February 19th, 2012, 7:05 pm #47

-sorry to post in advance of frozensmoke-

Lena wandered in and sat down clutching her chest. The pain was worse now, much worse. The situation has not helped her failing heart. Well she thought it was her failing heart. She was starting to put it together now. She thought she was being attracted to Eoin.

She admitted that she once did have a thing for him but ever since meeting this wonderful strong girl...and then it hit her. She was not attracted to Eoin anymore. She was attracted to Sam!

She wanted to tell her, she knew how dangerous this entire situation was and it may not be a smart idea to form attractions in a game where you had to kill...but she cared not...

She burst into the other room and began to speak "Sam I need to tell you something...I want you, I need you...since being thrown into this situation you have been here for me and Eoin and it makes my failing heart feel light to be around you. Please hold me in your arms. Please stroke my hair. kiss my lips!"

Unfortunately she only got to "Sam I need to tell you something" when she realised she was hugging Eoin. Her heart began to stop at that moment and she fell to the ground and struck her head.
Virtua

Lena Lazarus

Chain of Virtua Progression: >1>2 >3

peregrineink
Veteran

February 21st, 2012, 2:19 am #48

(Brian Larke continued from Rebel Without a Clue)

He didn't know if anyone was following him, his heart was too full, too much shit was going on in his head. He hoped Vivian at least was following, he was so proud of her. So Goddamn proud and what she was doing was so beautiful.

His fingers drummed on the shiny metal barrels of his gun. He had to keep moving. He had to keep moving on and maybe kill someone himself.

Of course he would find his way to a trading post, money was in his bones. He stood very still for a moment, was there movement? He could swear he could hear voices, were they coming from inside?

Slowly...without thinking of any of the girls were following, he made his way to the door. Voices, someone making some sort of dramatic declaration and then silence it seemed. Female voices of course.

He could do drama.

Brian Larke kicked the door open.

"Frodo!" He cried. " IT'S YOU."

He could not believe that Eoin had chosen of all the places in the world to be at this location. It was sort of ridiculous. Instinctively, Brian hoisted the shotgun doing, swinging it forward and aiming the gun. There were others around, close to him, and they were all collateral damage as far as he was concerned. Some girl was on the floor, and it looked as though the party had gotten started without him.

It's okay, Brian Larke would just finished it.

The gun went off tremendously again, and he felt it push against the already forming bruise in his ribs.

It felt like a kiss.
-PeregrineInk

Honoring the glorious dead:
F26: Maddie Harris: Resident artist.- Seven Unveiled Masterpieces- Death by carelessness
YLW5:Jake Langston:Just a nice guy-No kills- Death by misunderstanding
GLD1:Mae St. Clair -One half of the Golden Couple- One and a half kills- Death by loss of hope
M18: Brian Larke: A horrible human being.- Two kills- Death by just desserts.

CondorTalon
Veteran

February 21st, 2012, 3:00 am #49

((Vivian Cathwell continued from Rebel Without a Clue.))

Vivian was tired, and hungry, and thirsty.

But worst of all, she was afraid. Paranoid, maybe?

She had followed behind Brian, making her way wherever he was headed. She held the tomahawk tightly in her hands, clutching it up against her chest. It was for protection, she had thought, when she woke up. She now realized how right she'd been. How right Brian had been. Vivian's eyes darted around, catching moving shadows that her imagination morphed into monsters... killers... psychos.

They had come up to a building. Brian had stopped for a moment, listening for something. He moved to the door, and kicked it open.

"Frodo! IT'S YOU."

Oh no.

"Brian!" she yelled. But it was too late. He'd already taken the shot.

He'd broken his promise. He said he'd only shoot to protect her.

Julia was different. That was different.

This was a new situation entirely.
EVERYTHING I TOUCH DIES!!!

Second Chances V2:
Clair Belvedere - Box of Condoms - Hanging back in Earth Sky From Venus
Christopher Schwartz - Macuahuitl - Catching his breath in I Jumped Out and I Pranked Him to Death with a Tire Iron
[+] spoiler
SOTF-TV V2:
Valerie Fitzroy - Winchester Model 1897 "Trench Gun" - Victimized by fate in Septette For The Dead Princess.
Christopher Schwartz - Pony Pogo Stick - Almost made the cut in Kill Your Heroes.

The Program V2:
Nancy Morris - Cheese Grater - Finally alive in Opt Out.
Shawn Bowe-Crooke - Ship in a Bottle - Failed in Earthen Spirit.

Second Chances:
Augustus "Dougal" MacDougal - Tomahawk - Lying down in All Along the Watchtower.
Karl Chalmers - Remington 870 - Didn't make it in The Twilight of Our Youth.

Virtua-SOTF:
Clair Belvedere - Tin of Cat Food - Taking a well-deserved rest in Into The Earth.
Vivian Cathwell - Tomahawk - Didn't see it coming in It's not like its for real or anything, right?

Courtography
Contender

February 22nd, 2012, 3:21 am #50

(Rebecca Clark continued from Rebel Without a Clue)

Rebecca had followed the small group towards the trading post she had been near earlier. So Vivian and Brian were still together. Huh. Well it made since. Brian always like female company and even Rebecca leaving wouldn't stop him from keeping Vivian.

Son of a bitch.

She made sure the bow still had the arrow on it. Things could get ugly, especially since Brian wasn't afraid to shoot what's his face.

FrozenSmoke
Veteran

February 23rd, 2012, 7:07 pm #51

She seemed torn for a moment, as if something was tearing at her. IT was weird to watch. Like being in a drama, or a TV show, but in real life. And it was hard to see. But, somehow, he couldn't look away. Some part of his mind thought it would be disrespectful, but a bigger part was just morbidly curious. And then she began to talk. Slowly, at first, as though she was just getting into talking, and then she picked up pace, and power.

"What's wrong, Eoin? I'll tell you what's wrong. What's wrong is that we have been dropped into this desert, told to kill each other, and given only enough rations to survive a couple of days. What's wrong is that I have had to patch up two people from the verge of death, because some people actually decided to play this stupid game! What's wrong is that I shouldn't be here! I just wanted to be a fucking VET! And here I am trying to keep people alive, and here we come across someone who was killed because SOME FUCKING IDIOT DECIDED TO PLAY WITH A GUN!"

By the end of it, she was shouting, and he swore to god he could see tears glassing in her eyes. And then she moved forwards, and hugged him.

Oh, okay. She was hugging him. Cool. She just needed comfort, someone to lean on. That was cool, he could do that.

He whispered to her, his voice steady and calm. "It's okay, you'll be safe. I'll make sure of it, okay." He said, tightening his embrace just slightly to reassure her.

And then there was an incredible noise, accompanied by clomping footsteps. He turned his head, and saw a guy who'd just burst in through the door with a -

Fuck.

Brian.

Shit.

He said something, a definite tone of glee in his voice as he looked at him, and his last action before the tiny pellets struck was to push the girl in his arms away roughly, as he turned to face the man.

The pellets caught him side on, hitting him much higher than the previous shell had. It slammed into his upper chest and face, but the epicentre was his throat, which was torn open as the first pellet struck, and each subsequent pellet only did more damage.

He couldn't scream as he fell, just made a faint gargle before the ground and the darkness claimed him.

M19 - Eoin Harper. Eliminated.
[+] spoiler
Zachariah Johnston - Lived a Villain, Died a Martyr - Team 13
[+] spoiler
Daniel Newhouse - Currently alive and well!
-------------

Constructive Critism is always welcome! - I'm returning from a VERY long hiatus

Jadedflames
Rookie

February 24th, 2012, 9:49 am #52

Samantha hit the ground hard, barely catching sight of Brian as she fell. Something dug into her shoulder, and suddenly her ears were ringing, a deafening sound. She knew that sound. And she knew where it had to have come from.

She immediately leaped to Eoin's side, tears in her eyes. He was covered in blood, and it was coming out in rhythmic surges. The most damage was done at his neck. His neck that she had so recently been laying her head beside. Ragged holes pierced it, in a fashion she knew she could not bandage.

She pressed her hands over the wound, pressing hard, feeling the warmth of Eoin slipping out between her fingers. A shallow gurgle came out from his throat, but she could not even tell if it was speech. Quickly though, the surges became weaker, and then the breathing stopped all together. All in the space of less than a minute.

Falling backwards, she sat on the ground, looking at Eoin, tears running down her face, falling to to the ground to mix with the blood surrounding him, surrounding her. It had all come out so quickly.

Turning her face to Brian, still gleefully holding his gun, she found that she could not even think of what to say. All the anger, all of the frustration, all of the compassion, all of the emotion she had had in the past day were drained from her, as if she too had been shot. All she could think was that they didn't deserve this. Eoin didn't deserve this.
Virtua-SOTF

M06 -

peregrineink
Veteran

February 24th, 2012, 6:59 pm #53

"I think we all really need to remain cool unless shit gets out of hand here."

Brian's voice was very quiet.

He was transfixed at the girls hands pressing against the flow of blood but oh man.

Just can't stop it, can you, little girl?

"I think we all really need to remain calm lest...lest something sort of explode, don't you think?"

He watched the twin tendrils of smoke dance off the end of his shotgun and tried not to smile. Why was everyone so upset? Why was everyone freaking out over this? This was their purpose now. Vivian knew. Vivian knew.

His finger itched. Itched.

"I think we should all probably talk about this," he continued.
-PeregrineInk

F26: Maddie Harris: Resident artist.- Seven Unveiled Masterpieces- Death by carelessness
GLD1:Mae St. Clair -One half of the Golden Couple- One and a half kills- Death by loss of hope

CondorTalon
Veteran

February 25th, 2012, 12:35 am #54

And just like that, everything was quiet again.

Vivian didn't look. She didn't need to. She knew.

He'd killed him. There was no way, in such a closed space, Brian could have missed.

"Brian... I... I don't..."

What could she say? Brian had started talking about everyone remaining calm, as if he was ignoring everything that had just happen. It was as if he hadn't shot at all. Vivian looked at Brian trying to read his expression, but his face betrayed nothing.

What could she do?

She had to kill to survive.

They weren't doing anything to you.

They could have... later.

You don't know that.

Better... to be safe, right? Brian... he...

He what?

...He's right. They're dangerous. All of them.

Vivian tried to empty the nagging doubt in her mind. She wanted to believe that Brian did the right thing. That she did the right thing, back in the forest.

"Brian..."

She grabbed at his arm. She clung to him.

Second Chances V2:
Christopher Schwartz - Macuahuitl - Catching his breath in I Jumped Out and I Pranked Him to Death with a Tire Iron
[+] spoiler
SOTF-TV V2:
Valerie Fitzroy - Winchester Model 1897 "Trench Gun" - Victimized by fate in Septette For The Dead Princess.
Christopher Schwartz - Pony Pogo Stick - Almost made the cut in Kill Your Heroes.

The Program V2:

Second Chances:
Augustus "Dougal" MacDougal - Tomahawk - Lying down in All Along the Watchtower.

Virtua-SOTF:
Clair Belvedere - Tin of Cat Food - Taking a well-deserved rest in Into The Earth.
Vivian Cathwell - Tomahawk - Didn't see it coming in It's not like its for real or anything, right?

Courtography
Contender

February 26th, 2012, 2:49 am #55

She had followed them unseen it seemed. Then she saw Brian lift his gun and fire at a figure slightly farther away. Well he finally got one... She saw Vivian grabbing his arm, Rebecca had been sneaking closer, although she doubted she was silent, her steps were still off from earlier.

She lifted her bow, razor sharp arrow in place and pulled back the string. Would she hit Vivian or Brian? Did it matter? Maybe not. Vivian was...Vivian and Brian was probably being a horny machine, so useless, when he wasn't shooting kids with his shotgun.

She let the arrow go.

CondorTalon
Veteran

February 26th, 2012, 3:34 am #56

And then she felt something hit her back. After the initial shock of the impact, Vivian realized that it hurt.

It hurt a lot.

Her eyes opened wide, and she felt herself leaning on Brian, suddenly unable to support herself. She grasped at her back, grabbing at the shaft of the arrow which was now sticking out of it.

"Brian, help," she wanted to say. But suddenly found herself unable to say anything, blood now flowing out of her mouth. She found it hard to breathe, the arrow having punctured her lung. She looked around frantically, trying to figure out where the shot had come from, but she quickly lost her strength and fell to the floor.

Her eyes darted from the ground, to the building, to Brian, as her vision slowly faded.

Nononono... it's not fair... it's not fair it's not fair it's not fair it's not fair it's not fair

F07 - Vivian Cathwell: DECEASED

Second Chances V2:
[+] spoiler
SOTF-TV V2:

The Program V2:

Second Chances:

Virtua-SOTF:

February 26th, 2012, 3:26 pm #57

Lena lay emotionless the strain of her heart pinning her to the ground. She could not move due to the fear and the pain. She could do nothing but stare in horror as Eoin died in a horrible way. She wanted to shout, to cry for him but nothing came out.

She then remembered Sam was there also and she wanted to shout for her too. Get her to run. Go she is too important to die. But again she could not move. She felt pathetic, she felt useless.

She couldn't even cry
Virtua

Lena Lazarus

Jadedflames
Rookie

February 28th, 2012, 5:59 pm #58

People were falling all around. First outside, then Eoin, now Vivian.

Sam's head swam, and she found herself standing in the chaos, covered in blood, Eoin's body limp, Vivian collapsing into Brian, the attacker outside, surely getting read to fire again. Everything began to fade around the edges, and she took in a deep breath.

In the center of her field of vision, there was a circle of complete clarity, and she knew what she needed to do.

She grabbed Lena's arm, shouting, "Go!" before making a mad dash, straight at Brian. She jumped over Vivian, pushing through the door and got a brief glimpse of the bowman before dashing in the direction of the river. She could not even tell if she had Lena's hand anymore. Everything seemed numb.
Virtua-SOTF

M06 -

peregrineink
Veteran

February 28th, 2012, 6:10 pm #59

Vivian had been saying something, tugging at his arm, he wanted to push her away, tell her hold on, baby, not now, we can talk later, I promise. Always later. Didn't she understand what was happening? Didn't she know what was going on?

It was pandemonium and he was its king. Didn't she want to be queen?

He looked over at Rebecca. Fucking Rebecca, holding that fucking bow and arrow of all things. Was she pointing it at him? Did she really expect that she would be able to kill him?

No, but she loosed it anyway, didn't she. He stared at her, face impassive.

Do you really think you can kill me with that? His face seemed to say....

Until Vivian slumped against him.

No.

Vivian with her glass eyes that reminded him of when he looked in the mirror sometimes.

No.

Not her.

There wasn't time to say anything and what was he going to say? He had told her enough. Now she was nothing but dead weight clinging to his arm and he wanted to shove her to the ground and at the same time keep her there forever, because shoving her to the ground would be admitting to himself that she was actually gone. Vivian could not be gone. He was not done with her yet. He had not allowed her to go...He...he wasn't done.

But not. Her. He raised his gun to tell Rebecca just what he thought of her now, of all of those hollow kisses he had given her until that girl from before, and that girl from the floor decided to make themselves known by rushing him. Really? Of all the things.

"Jesus Christ," he murmured. "Where are you all coming from?"

Regretfully, he shook his arm free of Vivian's corpse, trying not to wince as she hit the ground and raised his shotgun once more, firing off one clean shot at the girl. The recoil was fine this time, it supported him like he had supported Vivian in her last moments.

Hopefully he had gotten this one.
-PeregrineInk

February 28th, 2012, 9:25 pm #60

Lena could only look on in shock. She could not hear Sams words and was only awoken by the cool touch of Sams hand on her hand. Then she was dragged by Sam and she was back to reality.

"E...E...Eoin..." was all she could whimper as she spotted the blood all over Sam. She remembered his sudden and shocking death and grabbed tightly onto Sams hand. All she could do was keep hold of it and run with her. Away from the insanity....

All she could do was pray they got away safely...
Virtua

Lena Lazarus