Fenrir
Veteran
Fenrir
Veteran

May 25th, 2014, 3:50 pm #31

Alice glanced down at the body in front of her briefly. She hadn’t killed him, she hadn’t even touched him, how could she have? Any rational person who looked at Alice then looked at the boy could tell that there was no way tiny, little scared Alice could have hurt the much larger boy.

But this girl wasn’t being rational. Her friend was dead, another girl was also dead, and Alice was the only person there to blame. And she was just so easy to blame. The girl knew who she was; it took a moment to register in her panic but the girl had used her name, which meant she must have recognised her from the announcements.

A known killer and a dead friend. Even a rational person would have to wonder.

“I… I didn’t kill him. I couldn’t kill him. L-look at me!”

Alice was yelling now, pleading. The girl was advancing on her; advancing with a frying pan wasn’t the most intimidating thing in the word but Alice was easily intimidated. And when you had just heard two people being beaten to death you started to appreciate what a solid piece of metal wielded in anger could achieve as a weapon.

She took a step back involuntarily. A part of her knew that backing down, showing weakness could be taken as a sign of admission, or guilt. But it was just so hard to stand her ground.

She placed her foot on her crossbow and it slid out from under her on the tiles. Alice lost her footing and hit the ground hard, the counter once again rising between the two of them and hiding each other from view. She reached from the weapon and pulled it into her lap and began to skitter backwards across the ground.

She wanted to get out of there; she wanted to escape this conflict. There was no exit that she could see. One way or another she might have to stand her ground after all.
Program V3 Prologue
Michael Bair - Proud to be an American
Quote: N/A
Weapon: Brass Knuckles, Heckler & Koch FABARM FP6 Entry
[+] Spoiler
Evo:
Subject C05: Simon Matthews
Ability: Scorching Palms
Cause of Death: Shot by Ashlie Jackson

SOFT-TV:
Team 13 D: Simon Porter - Silver Dragon Academy
Weapon: Stun Gun (6x Cartridges)
Cause of Death: Shot by Glen Bole

Orange Team No. 1: Vincent Sullivan - Detroit
Weapons: Digital Camera + Desert Eagle .50 (6/7, 7/7, 46/56 in Box) + SPAS-12 (7/8, 19/30 in Box) + 1x Walkie-Talkie + Bullet Proof Vest + Claymore
Discarded Weapons: 3x Shards of a Plate (On Tiffany Dexter's Body) + 1x Walkie-Talkie (Taken by Karen Ruiz) + Wooden Boat Oar (Left in the Forest) + Colt Anaconda .45 Magnum (2/6, 30/36 in Box) (Given to Brennan O'Brian)
Cause of Death: Lack of medical care

Virtua SOTF:
M07 - Alex Henry - Alderbrook High School - Music lover, Theatre lover and Violinist
Inventory: Inner-tube
Current Score: 0
Healthbar: 0%
Cause of Death: Shot by arrow and then drowned

The Program V2:
M10: Aaron Chalmers
Weapon: Lasso
Quote: "Feels good. You did a great job.”
Cause Of Death: Head Bashed By Anastasia Flores

M11: Gerald Lawson
Weapon: Picnic Basket and Apple Pie
Quote: “Aww, man. You killed the Furby.”
Cause Of Death: Shot by Anastasia Flores

SOTF-TV V2:
GH2 - Alice Young: Whittree Secondary School
Quote: “I made so many mistakes.”
Weapon: X-Force 850 Pro; 1 Arrow loaded, 3 ready to go, 7 in reserve.

AE3 - Shawn Thornton: Davison Secondary School
Quote: “That’s what this group is right? Your plan? Another choice. A peaceful option. A different way.”
Weapon: None

Second Chances V2:
Aaron Chalmers - All American 2.0
Quote: "Fuck off Michael."
Weapon: Philadelphia Derringer

outfoxd
Contender
outfoxd
Contender

May 29th, 2014, 1:57 am #32

A voice echoes from Alice's collar. "Alice, you've already done one, but you can still avoid another. Being a multiple killer really, really fucking sucks. Find a way out."
TV2: Jackson King
Current Thread: Killer Munchies

Pippin
Contender
Pippin
Contender

May 29th, 2014, 2:23 pm #33

God, Alice looked terrified.

Bunny couldn’t help hating herself slightly as she advanced towards the girl, trying to make her frying pan seem as threatening as possible. Alice was pleading with her, trying to convince her that she was innocent. In any other circumstance, at any other time, with any other person, Bunny probably wouldn’t have believed that for a second. The repeated pleas, the backing away, all of it carried a hint of guilt.

Yet Bunny felt as though Alice was telling the truth. She wasn’t entirely sure why; she knew far better than to discount someone as a killer just because of their size and strength. But Alice was, well... Bunny reckoned she could probably beat her in an arm-wrestling contest. Against two other people, when she had no visible weapon? She wouldn’t have stood a chance. And speaking of weapons, if Alice had something able to kill three people on her, why hadn’t she raised it in defence as soon as Bunny walked in? No, the likeliness of Alice having killed Forrest and this random girl was fairly low.

But how dull would it be for Bunny to just apologise and walk out of the restaurant, leaving them both to go on their merry separate ways? Unbearably dull, that was how much. Bunny hated doing it, but she kept pressing forwards, even as Alice stumbled over backwards and out of sight with a painful sounding thud.

Bunny walked up to the counter, looking down to see where Alice had disappeared to. She’d began to skitter backwards, but that wasn’t the important part. The important part was the crossbow-like weapon the girl was clutching tightly. So she did have a weapon, and a pretty fucking potent one at that. Bunny hoped her face hadn’t reflected the terror that had flashed through her at the sight of the crossbow. It wasn’t a barrel of a gun she was staring down, but it was just as deadly.

Neither Forrest nor the girl had had any bolts sticking out of them, on the plus side. That lent further credence to the idea that Alice hadn’t killed either of them. That was pretty much cemented as fact as a voice suddenly cut through the silence of the restaurant. Alice wasn't a multi-killer yet. Bunny hoped she wasn't aiming to be.

Bunny continued to look down at Alice for a few more seconds, allowing herself time to calm down and for her acting skills to kick into high gear before she spoke.

“You’re... you’re not gonna shoot me with that, are ya?” Bunny tried to sound as honestly inquisitive as possible, tried to eliminate all traces of fear from her voice. It wasn’t easy, not with a crossbow in the immediate vicinity. But nothing had been easy in this game so far.

“Cause if you’re not bullshitting me, and you didn’t shoot Forrest and that girl, then you’re likely not gonna shoot me. And if that’s the case... you won’t mind giving that crossbow up, huh? You heard the guy. You don't wanna kill any more than you have to.”
[+] Spoiler
Returning
G18 - Bunny Barlowe - "And I bet you're a coward, too."
Weapon: Maschinenpistole 40, Kevlar Vest
Current Location: Though Far Away, We're Still the Same

Programmed To Fight
F16 - Faye Xandora - Deceased in Quietus - “I can do that. Watch your back, I mean. I think I might go insane if I’m left by myself.” - Pistol Crossbow
F18 - Nanna-Fiora Kroos - Alive in Seek A Way Out! - “They’ve sent us to die, and nobody’s given me a good reason why.” - Kel-Tec KSG
M45 - Morgan Jones - Alive in Radical-6 - "God, what the fuck am I doing?" - Plush 'Hulk Smash' Hands
NPC-M16 - Scott Osbourne - Deceased in Rhizome 9 - "Sorry Mom, sorry Dad." - Caltrops (x5)
NPC-M21 - Joel "JB" Blackwell - Deceased in CQD Ward - "...!" - Yarará Parachute Knife
NPC-F29 - Victoria Bellamy - Alive in ??? - "Oh, get off, for Christ’s sake! I’m going, all ri-" - Italian Folding Spetum
NPC-F?? - Natasha Dark - ??? - "..." - ???

Those Taken
Galahad Matthews - It went from a spark to an open flame, now destiny's calling out your name - ALIVE in Only Got Bad Things On My Mind When I'm With You
Kat Locke-Baldwin-It's been quite of a while since I could experience your brightness, now you've got a brighter smile and I think I'm going to like it - ALIVE in Anyway, Here's Wonderwall
[+] Spoiler
SOTF-TV
PNK3-Glen Bole-SDA-DEAD-28/66-"Ah well. I guess I'll find out at the nex-"
Weapons: SPAS-12, rather large tree branch, small pair of scissors + double rations
Kills: One (Simon Porter)
Status and Location: Lying dead with a bullet in his head, in Metanoia.
Cause of death: Shot in the head by Vincent Sullivan.

ORA2-Brennan O'Brian-DCHS-DEAD-14/66-I'm sorry...
Weapons: Bottle of LSD labeled "Water Purification Tablets", Colt Anaconda .45 Magnum (2/6, 30/36 in Box), SPAS-12 (Currently lying somewhere on the beach.
Kills: None.
Status and Location: Utterly defeated in Of Moons, Birds and Monsters
Cause of death: Strangled to death by Madelyn Conner

Virtua-SOTF
M01-Roy Benson-LIVES x00-21/47-No-one else is gonna get hurt... No-one else is gonna die here...
Current Weapons Equipped: N/A
Weapons Discarded: American Flatbow + 10 arrows (Given to Martin Ricco), 2 arrows, Rolling Pin (Burnt in fire started by Delilah Rivers)
Killstreak: N/A
Current Level: Final Level-Devil Nights
Killed By: Player F10-Holly Romero

F08-Amelia Lennon-LIVES x00-9/47-"Katie, Rebecca? … Thank you. I couldn’t have asked for better friends. You deserve to get out of here more than me.”
Weapons Discarded: Pick Axe, Bowie Knife (Hurled off of mountain)
Killstreak: One-Player F03-Tania Chell
Current Level: Final Level-The Highest Heights
Killed By: Herself/Fall from mountain

Second Chances
G02-Aileen Borden-DEAD-30/37-How fucking cliche...
Weapons: Hockey Stick
Kills: Zero
Status and location: Staying snarky to the end in Thin Line Between Heaven and Here
Cause of death: Shot by Paige Single.

B01-Glen Bole-DEAD-4/37-“You’re a fucking coward who thinks he’s the big man, now he’s got a gun. You don’t deserve shit.”
Weapons: Binoculars, Sledgehammer, Large shard of glass, Beretta M92F
Status and location: Not close enough in The Twilight of our Youth
Cause of death: Shot by Karl Chalmers

The Program v2
M03-Jonathan Roberts-DEAD-19/41-“Hey! Hey, over here!"
Location: Made one too many bad decisions in Virtue's Last Reward
Weapon: Fiddle
Kills: None
Shot by: Anastasia "Tas" Flores

M04-Carlyle Shotton-DEAD-11/41-I... I did alright... didn’t I?
Weapon: Kentucky Rifle, Pitchfork
Kills: 1 (Gwen Phonesavanh)
Shot by: Robin Pounds

TV 2 LADS
IS3-Lucia del Pirlo-The Paranoid Painter-“I-I didn’t want to do it! I had to! Just... Please, you have to believe me!”-FOR LEAH
Weapon: Jericho 941
Died in pain and fear in Going Forward

SS1-Bunny Barlowe-The Ace Actress-"Regina! Regina, help me!”-HELLA DEAD
Weapon: Razor Sweet Pea Scooter, Frying Pan
Forever famous in Rock the Flock

Second Chances V2
B07 - Roy D. Benson - “"I'll save a glass of Moxie for you, whenever we meet again."” - DECEASED
Weapon: Kiss of Death
Current Location: Did you really think I'd fall to my knees just to pray for some sweet simplicity?
[+] Spoiler

Brennan O'Brian by Little Boy

Glen Bole by Little Boy

Amelia Lennon by diseasedbear

Carlyle Shotton by Mimi
[+] Spoiler
TV
Verity Callaghan - We're living in the currents you create, we're sinking in the pool of your mistakes.Stonebank
Reynold "Rey" Haywood - When all that you have's stale and it's cold, oh, you'll no longer feel when your heart's turned to gold.
Quinn Dallaway - I am flesh and I am bone, rise up, ting ting, like glitter and gold.Fire Emblem
Laura Hakštok - Can't you people function for a little while, without me bouncin' off the satellite for a night?Case & Point

???
Diana Mascherano - From stern to bow, singing land ho, the boat is leaking but we won't let go. Winter Juson
Cameron Light - Come down, and waste away with me, down with me.
Jermaine Urwick - Don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy, we'll all float on all right.
Maya Dagenham - She hates it when I shout these words, but I'll still sing for you.
Ivor Faraday - Swung and missed, I put my heart in this mythical holy good guy I want so bad to be.

Fenrir
Veteran
Fenrir
Veteran

June 6th, 2014, 12:28 pm #34

Alice was stuck.

She had trapped herself in the exact last position she wanted to be in, which is to say the exact position she had been in back at the tourism building. She was facing down someone who could attack her at any moment, with a loaded crossbow in her hands and shaking so much it might go off any moment. At least this time the safety was on; any action she took this time would be… deliberate.

Alice didn’t want to take any action, except maybe to crawl back into her cupboard, curl herself up and hope everyone forgot about her long enough for this game to end. A silly idea, but it was probably still the best chance she had of surviving.

At least Bunny had stopped approaching. She had stopped on the far side of the counter when she had caught sight of the crossbow, the weapon finally achieving its intended purpose of being so scary as to make even Alice too dangerous to approach. Bunny even looked scared, for the briefest of moments. Alice hated brandishing this lethal weapon around, but the idea that Bunny was even a little scared of her right now still made her feel a tiny bit of relief and safety.

But now they were stalemated. Bunny hopefully would not try to get into the kitchen with the crossbow levelled at her but Alice couldn’t leave either except by going past Bunny and that was not something she wanted to do while the other girl still held that frying pan. That might sound funny to some, but anyone who thought a frying pan wasn’t a dangerous weapon had obviously never been threatened with one.

"Alice, you've already done one, but you can still avoid another. Being a multiple killer really, really fucking sucks. Find a way out."

To Alice’s credit she did not jump when Mason’s voice resounded from her collar, but only because her body was so tightly wound that jumping at anything would have been difficult. To hear her mentor’s voice again after everything that had happened, to hear both a familiar voice and also to know that she hadn’t been given up on was a nice feeling; even if the advice she was being given wasn’t all too useful right now.

Of course Alice didn’t want to be a multiple killer, she didn’t even want to be a single killer, and she was trying so hard to think of a way out of this but the only door was on the other side of Bunny and the girl didn’t look like she was going to move any time soon.

“You’re... you’re not gonna shoot me with that, are ya?”

No, but I really want you to think that I might.

“Cause if you’re not bullshitting me, and you didn’t shoot Forrest and that girl, then you’re likely not gonna shoot me. And if that’s the case... you won’t mind giving that crossbow up, huh? You heard the guy. You don't wanna kill any more than you have to.”

Alice pushed aside her feelings of fear for just long enough to knit her brows together in an expression of confusion.

“I-I’m not giving up m-my w-weapon so you can k-kill me.”

With unsteady arms and legs Alice raised herself to a standing position, pushing against the floor and using the counters for support, trying to keep the crossbow pointed roughly in Bunny’s direction the whole time.

“I don’t want to ki-kill, but I have be-before.” The sudden mental image of the arrow in that boy’s chest almost made her freeze, but she forced herself to continue, rushing out the next series of words. “I didn’t want to, but he made me.”

Here she looked at Bunny, looked her in the eyes. She raised the crossbow higher, pressing it against her shoulder and pointing it squarely at Bunny; she was happy of the fact that it only shook a little as she tried to hold it steady.

“I d-don’t want to kill, more than I ha…ave to. Don’t make me have to k-kill you.”

As she stood there, weapon raised and threatening another persons life. As she looked down the body of her crossbow, following an invisible line with her eyes from the tip of the shiny steel arrow head to Bunny’s chest. As she couldn’t help but imagine what Bunny would look like lying on the ground with an arrow in her chest and a steadily growing puddle of blood around her, Alice began to hyperventilate.

“I could kill you right now!” Alice was slightly shocked to hear that she was raising her voice to a shout. “So get out of here! Worry about who really killed your friends and LEAVE. ME. ALONE!”
Program V3 Prologue
[+] Spoiler
Evo:

SOFT-TV:

Weapons: Digital Camera + Desert Eagle .50 (6/7, 7/7, 46/56 in Box) + SPAS-12 (7/8, 19/30 in Box) + 1x Walkie-Talkie + Bullet Proof Vest + Claymore
Discarded Weapons: 3x Shards of a Plate (On Tiffany Dexter's Body) + 1x Walkie-Talkie (Taken by Karen Ruiz) + Wooden Boat Oar (Left in the Forest) + Colt Anaconda .45 Magnum (2/6, 30/36 in Box) (Given to Brennan O'Brian)

Virtua SOTF:
M07 - Alex Henry - Alderbrook High School - Music lover, Theatre lover and Violinist

The Program V2:

SOTF-TV V2:

Quote: “That’s what this group is right? Your plan? Another choice. A peaceful option. A different way.”

Second Chances V2:

Pippin
Contender
Pippin
Contender

June 17th, 2014, 6:14 pm #35

Bunny had completely misread the situation she was currently in. It was as if everything she’d learnt from watching the show had completely vanished from her head. It had been quite clear that Alice hadn’t been the one who had killed Forrest and the strange girl. When Bunny had walked into the restaurant, she hadn’t been a threat. She could have asked her what she had seen, maybe if she knew where Cor and Saachi had gone. Bunny could have been in such a better spot than she currently was.

Instead, she’d decided to be antagonistic. She’d decided that venting some of her anger and fear was more important than possibly gaining an ally, that attempting to grab a crossbow was more important than walking out of here completely scot-free.

She’d forgotten just what fear could drive people to do.

Because now there was a crossbow pointed straight at her, and now there was no doubt in her mind that Alice would fire it if Bunny didn’t smarten up. For possibly the first time on since she’d first woken up, thoughts of the audience were gone from Bunny’s mind. She took a step back, mouth open in shock, shaking hands instinctively raising the frying pan to protect her chest. There was only one option left at this point; get the fuck out of the restaurant. She couldn’t leave without saying anything, though. She had an act to maintain, for both Alice and for everyone watching back in the real world.

It took far, far too long for Bunny to think of something to say for it to be convincing. The nervous shake in her voice didn’t help matters either.

“A-alright, alright, Christ! I’m gone, I... I wasn’t gonna shoot you, so just...”

God, she just couldn’t do it. She needed out. The crossbow aimed straight at her chest was too much of a dealbreaker. Bunny turned and quickly strode to the doorway. Safety was in sight, and with one foot touching the frost-covered ground, it drew enough courage for her to leave with a parting shot.

“If you’re gonna keep a-acting like that, guess I’ll be hearing your name on the announcements soon, one way or another.”

Bunny fled the restaurant before Alice could react, using her limited stamina to jog a safe distance away. As she rounded the corner of what looked like a diner, however, she came to an instant halt, shaking legs causing her to slump against the wall, a pair of overflowing dumpsters her only company. Her breathing was rapid, and her heart felt like it was going to burst out of her chest. The thought of the audience was back in her mind, but now she just didn’t care about it. She screwed her eyes up, refusing to let any tears show.

She had been a hair’s breadth away from dying. The group that she’d formed less than half a day ago had been completely disintegrated, with one member dead and two AWOL. She was alone, now.

It took a few more minutes until Bunny felt calm enough to stand again. She was alone now, but that wasn’t a cause for her to give up. There were still tons of other people left in the game. The ‘team up’ idea had failed once, but maybe a second attempt would be more successful. Or maybe she could try a different tack. There had been over 66 different winners of this game, after all. There was more than one way to win.

Bunny unzipped her bag, took her glasses out and used the reflection to sort out a few awry strands of hair. As she put them back in her bag, adjusted her cap and made her way out of the maze of restaurants after a brief glance at the map, one thought made its way from the back of her mind to the front.

There was more than one way to win this game, but only a few ways to do so entertainingly.

((Bunny Barlowe continued in Rock the Flock))
[+] Spoiler
Returning
G18 - Bunny Barlowe - "And I bet you're a coward, too."
Weapon: Maschinenpistole 40, Kevlar Vest
Current Location: Though Far Away, We're Still the Same

Programmed To Fight
F16 - Faye Xandora - Deceased in Quietus - “I can do that. Watch your back, I mean. I think I might go insane if I’m left by myself.” - Pistol Crossbow
F18 - Nanna-Fiora Kroos - Alive in Seek A Way Out! - “They’ve sent us to die, and nobody’s given me a good reason why.” - Kel-Tec KSG
M45 - Morgan Jones - Alive in Radical-6 - "God, what the fuck am I doing?" - Plush 'Hulk Smash' Hands
NPC-M16 - Scott Osbourne - Deceased in Rhizome 9 - "Sorry Mom, sorry Dad." - Caltrops (x5)
NPC-M21 - Joel "JB" Blackwell - Deceased in CQD Ward - "...!" - Yarará Parachute Knife
NPC-F29 - Victoria Bellamy - Alive in ??? - "Oh, get off, for Christ’s sake! I’m going, all ri-" - Italian Folding Spetum
NPC-F?? - Natasha Dark - ??? - "..." - ???

Those Taken
Galahad Matthews - It went from a spark to an open flame, now destiny's calling out your name - ALIVE in Only Got Bad Things On My Mind When I'm With You
Kat Locke-Baldwin-It's been quite of a while since I could experience your brightness, now you've got a brighter smile and I think I'm going to like it - ALIVE in Anyway, Here's Wonderwall
[+] Spoiler
SOTF-TV
PNK3-Glen Bole-SDA-DEAD-28/66-"Ah well. I guess I'll find out at the nex-"
Weapons: SPAS-12, rather large tree branch, small pair of scissors + double rations
Kills: One (Simon Porter)
Status and Location: Lying dead with a bullet in his head, in Metanoia.
Cause of death: Shot in the head by Vincent Sullivan.

ORA2-Brennan O'Brian-DCHS-DEAD-14/66-I'm sorry...
Weapons: Bottle of LSD labeled "Water Purification Tablets", Colt Anaconda .45 Magnum (2/6, 30/36 in Box), SPAS-12 (Currently lying somewhere on the beach.
Kills: None.
Status and Location: Utterly defeated in Of Moons, Birds and Monsters
Cause of death: Strangled to death by Madelyn Conner

Virtua-SOTF
M01-Roy Benson-LIVES x00-21/47-No-one else is gonna get hurt... No-one else is gonna die here...
Weapons Discarded: American Flatbow + 10 arrows (Given to Martin Ricco), 2 arrows, Rolling Pin (Burnt in fire started by Delilah Rivers)
Killstreak: N/A
Current Level: Final Level-Devil Nights
Killed By: Player F10-Holly Romero

F08-Amelia Lennon-LIVES x00-9/47-"Katie, Rebecca? … Thank you. I couldn’t have asked for better friends. You deserve to get out of here more than me.”
Weapons Discarded: Pick Axe, Bowie Knife (Hurled off of mountain)
Killstreak: One-Player F03-Tania Chell
Current Level: Final Level-The Highest Heights
Killed By: Herself/Fall from mountain

Second Chances
G02-Aileen Borden-DEAD-30/37-How fucking cliche...
Weapons: Hockey Stick
Status and location: Staying snarky to the end in Thin Line Between Heaven and Here
Cause of death: Shot by Paige Single.

B01-Glen Bole-DEAD-4/37-“You’re a fucking coward who thinks he’s the big man, now he’s got a gun. You don’t deserve shit.”
Weapons: Binoculars, Sledgehammer, Large shard of glass, Beretta M92F
Status and location: Not close enough in The Twilight of our Youth
Cause of death: Shot by Karl Chalmers

The Program v2
M03-Jonathan Roberts-DEAD-19/41-“Hey! Hey, over here!"
Location: Made one too many bad decisions in Virtue's Last Reward
Weapon: Fiddle
Kills: None
Shot by: Anastasia "Tas" Flores

M04-Carlyle Shotton-DEAD-11/41-I... I did alright... didn’t I?
Weapon: Kentucky Rifle, Pitchfork
Kills: 1 (Gwen Phonesavanh)
Shot by: Robin Pounds

TV 2 LADS
IS3-Lucia del Pirlo-The Paranoid Painter-“I-I didn’t want to do it! I had to! Just... Please, you have to believe me!”-FOR LEAH
Weapon: Jericho 941
Died in pain and fear in Going Forward

SS1-Bunny Barlowe-The Ace Actress-"Regina! Regina, help me!”-HELLA DEAD
Weapon: Razor Sweet Pea Scooter, Frying Pan
Forever famous in Rock the Flock

Second Chances V2
B07 - Roy D. Benson - “"I'll save a glass of Moxie for you, whenever we meet again."” - DECEASED
Weapon: Kiss of Death
Current Location: Did you really think I'd fall to my knees just to pray for some sweet simplicity?
[+] Spoiler

Brennan O'Brian by Little Boy

Glen Bole by Little Boy

Amelia Lennon by diseasedbear

Carlyle Shotton by Mimi
[+] Spoiler
TV
Verity Callaghan - We're living in the currents you create, we're sinking in the pool of your mistakes.Stonebank
Reynold "Rey" Haywood - When all that you have's stale and it's cold, oh, you'll no longer feel when your heart's turned to gold.
Quinn Dallaway - I am flesh and I am bone, rise up, ting ting, like glitter and gold.Fire Emblem
Laura Hakštok - Can't you people function for a little while, without me bouncin' off the satellite for a night?Case & Point

???
Diana Mascherano - From stern to bow, singing land ho, the boat is leaking but we won't let go. Winter Juson
Cameron Light - Come down, and waste away with me, down with me.
Jermaine Urwick - Don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy, we'll all float on all right.
Maya Dagenham - She hates it when I shout these words, but I'll still sing for you.
Ivor Faraday - Swung and missed, I put my heart in this mythical holy good guy I want so bad to be.

Fenrir
Veteran
Fenrir
Veteran

June 25th, 2014, 3:01 pm #36

Alice never took her eyes off of Bunny.

She watched as genuine fear settled into the girl, not so easily shaken off as last time. She listened as Bunny spoke and heard the real nervousness in her voice; it was easy enough to recognise, she had heard it in her own voice often enough. She felt relief as Bunny gave up on saying anything and turned to leave, hurrying towards the door. Alice almost felt like she could relax but tensed up immediately as the other girl stopped and turned back to her.

“If you’re gonna keep a-acting like that, guess I’ll be hearing your name on the announcements soon, one way or another.”

No. I’m acting like this so I don’t have to hear my name on an announcement ever again. And hopefully so that no-one else will hear it either.

If Bunny had stayed, if she had attacked, either she or Alice would be dead. Most likely it would be Alice, but there was always a chance it could be the other way around. She couldn’t be certain that her promise to never take the safety off again could survive the fear of being attacked like that.

Driving the other girl away through threats and intimidation was the only way to keep them both alive.

She was gone now and Alice was alone again. Alone with only dead bodies for company.

Alice didn’t move for a long time, standing stock still with her crossbow aimed resolutely at the doorway, like she expected Bunny to come rushing back in with a battle scream and that frying pan held over her head. Actually, her muscles were just too tense to move, she had locked up. Over time her adrenaline faded and she relaxed piece by piece, arms dropping to her sides and shoulders falling forward into a slouch, legs buckling and her knees hitting the floor with a thud. She dropped like a puppet with its strings cut in slow motion; she felt drained, so tired, and every muscle screamed its agony to her.

Her breathing was laboured, her heart pounded a rapid tempo in her chest and there were tears in her eyes again. She couldn’t even cry anymore, the tears just lingered at the edges of her vision. She felt like she hadn’t stopped all day, jumping from one situation to the next with no chance to recover; she had no water left for tears, no energy to run and no clarity to her thoughts.

Nevertheless she stood and managed to coerce her body into walking around the counter into the dining area of the restaurant. Luckily, neither the killer girl nor Bunny had found her bag; it was still right where she had left it. She dropped unceremoniously onto the floor next to its hiding place, dragging its heavy weight towards her with both hands. Opening it she grabbed a clear plastic water bottle and drained it of its contents in moments. The she grabbed something with the subway logo on it and consumed the sandwich without even noticing what was on it.

Feeling more like herself if a little sick at suddenly intaking what, for her, was a lot of food, she stood up and dragged her bag back into the kitchen area finding a secluded corner where she was hidden from sight. The bag was lumpy and hard, not to mention the coarseness of the material, but it was the closest thing to a pillow she would find here. She pushed it up into the corner and lay down with her head on it.

She closed her eyes and immediately sank down into the darkness.

Her sleep was, thankfully, dreamless but fitful. Despite her tiredness, the kind of deep boned tiredness that means you can sleep anywhere, she couldn’t stay asleep for more than half an hour at a time; not with the cold, hard floor beneath her, the lumpy bag under her head causing her more discomfort than just the floor would have, and the sudden, unexplained noises which made her heart leap into her throat and her eyes dart around the room whenever they happened.

She had finally settled down into something resembling a deep sleep, fatigue finally conquering all other obstacles to rest, when the announcement blared from somewhere inside the room. That was admittedly a downside of being indoors in this game; the advantages of having a roof over your head and walls surrounding you outweighed whatever you got from being outside in the cold, but at least outside you were a safe distance away from the speakers when the far too chipper host of this game inevitably made herself known.

The voice of Rizty Daggers, though Alice was certain this wasn’t her given name, was too hard to ignore so instead Alice listened, bleary eyed and groggy, to the disturbingly long list of names. Like last time most of them didn’t ring any bells in her memory; Alice hadn’t paid much attention to the people at her school and she had assumed this went both ways, but the girl earlier had known her name was Alice. Apparently people paid more attention to Alice than she paid to them; this caused a strangely nostalgic rush of embarrassment to warm her cheeks, but also caused some worry in the girl whose name had appeared on the last announcement.

She perked up a little at the name Shadi. Recognising it as the name of the girl who she had almost witness beat two people to death. Thinking of this made her remember the people she had killed, or more specifically the fact that their bodies were still in this building with her. It was an uncomfortable thought and one which made her want to leave as soon as possible.

The next name that caused a surge of recognition was her own, or at least her surname. Someone with the name Young had died; irrationally she began to wonder if she had any relatives named Naomi, but no-one came to mind.

She made a mental note of which areas had been designated as off limits for the next portion of the game, very much in favour of not exploding, and began to collect her belongings. A few minutes later she was gingerly stepping over the body of a girl she thought must have been called Sarah and left the building.

It didn’t appear to be as cold as it was yesterday and the sun was even making an appearance. The streaks of colour in the sky informed her that it was still fairly early in the morning however and there was still a biting wind that made her pull her cloak closer around herself. With her cloak clutched tightly in one hand and her crossbow in the other, Alice picked a random direction and set off into the slowly melting snow.

((Alice Young continued in It's Bad. We're Hit, Man, We Are Hit))
Program V3 Prologue
[+] Spoiler
Evo:

SOFT-TV:

Virtua SOTF:

The Program V2:

SOTF-TV V2:

Second Chances V2: