AKA 'cicada makes an ass of herself and PMs everyone a billion times' redux
So... SC2. I have some characters, I'd like to collaborate on some relationships with said characters, with your characters! Hit me up on this thread or by PM or however you want. Whatever. Whenever. Etc.
Color code chart for the system I'll be using:
- [+] Spoiler
- Vivid Pink, a current romantic prospect/involvement or crush.
- Less Vivid Pink Or Something Purple, ex-romantic involvement and postmortem.
- Green, some level of good friend.
- pills + hands + jeans, some level of acquaintance or working relationship.
- Yellow, ambivalent feelings. Can tolerate but on some level really dislikes or is put off by.
- Red, BITCH PLEASE
- [+] Spoiler
What Cicada Is Looking For - Not much, really! Rachael runs in specific social circles, so please do discuss it with me if your kid is in any of those particular hierarchies. What follows are some general guidelines to guide an opinion you could have on my girl in a nutshell.
Do I Know Them? (popularity/notoriety) - Probably not. Rachael does not go out of her way to know people or make herself known. She only speaks up in class infrequently, so her name doesn't come up often. For a lot of characters she is probably just a slightly generic appearance they might not even be able to eyeball as a distinct individual on island. For the most part your character probably falls here. You do likely know her somewhat well in a few specific circumstances. Book Club, Creative Writing Club, or engaging with her online through her online writing, though it's very much possible they remain anonymous to each other offline in that particular circumstance.
Do I Share A Class With Them? - Average track in the maths and sciences. Foreign language French, got out as soon as she could. Advanced in social sciences. APs in English and Political Science. Newspaper and art and music classes as electives. Study Hall.
Do I Like Them If I Know Them? (how she acts to friends) - Rachael is a bit quiet and awkward even with her few friends. Emphasis here is on few. She might not be your favorite or best friend. You might struggle to get really engaging stuff out of her. But she is dependable, loyal, and nice to a fault. No backtalk, no questioning of commands or favors if they're reasonable and even if not. She's passive and a bit easy to dominate and push around, if your character likes that sort whether for benevolent or malevolent reasons. She can get a bit dependent and cling-y at times, in a sort of quiet 'this girl never goes away' fashion. Depends, it might be enough to lower your characters opinion. But she is an introvert so she's not like this so so much.
Do I Hate Them? (how she might get bothersome) - I mostly don't want people to have reasons to dislike her. If your character dislikes this sort then maybe they single her out? I do indicate she's mostly not bullied or hated simply for slipping under radars. She just doesn't show enough of her demeanor in public to really draw ire, even if she has personality traits that are grating. Maybe there could be an artistic rival or an ex-friend or two. This one should be discussed heavily.
Do I Have A Crush On Them? - She's generically cute. Small and waif-ish. Your character could have a crush maybe. Note, absolutely nobody knows she is taken unless given permission OOC by myself or delayedMirth. This is important character swag, etc.
Possible Pregame Plot-erino? (or island, but I am likely to not plan this out for a long time) - Not really looking for anything in particular. The driver of my planned pregame major events for her will probably be Daniel. Still, hit me up if you have any thoughts or any ways I can help you with your pregame/island plans! Lets talk it over.
- [+] Spoiler
- Daniel Whitten (delayedMirth) - A year long, quiet and low-key relationship, Rachael is uncomfortable with letting most know she's an item with him. She trusts him almost as much as a family member. This is some adorable shit, I assure y'all.
- 'Badass' Johnny Lancer (Punished Kun) - One of Daniel's closest friends she's known since joining the Book Club. She finds his trappings of a heroic demeanor very inspiring and comforting, and they swap story ideas, edit each other's works, and she's even based characters on his charming personality.
- Eris Marquis (backslash) - Rachael isn't really aware that Eris mostly likes her because she's 'harmless', even if she did know she'd be quite fine with it. Eris treats her well and is upstanding and trustworthy.
- 'Kitty' Gittschall (CrossbowPig) - Any friend of Johnny's is a friend of Rachael's... well, at least in this case. Occasionally the two can be very very awkward and sometimes Rachael finds Kitty's boldness intimidating but they mostly like one another.
- Jasmine Hammond (Punished Kun) - A friendship established through common friendship with Eris. Jasmine treats her friends well so Rachael is glad to have her company, though some of Jasmine's more socially aggressive tendencies like gossip make her a bit more of a distant and tentative relationship than Rachael's other few close friends.
- Felicia LaChapelle (KamiKaze) - One of the few popular folk Rachael can really say she knows, Felicia's extremely friendly and charitable mannerisms have benefited Rachael greatly socially, she feels very well protected by Felicia's generosity. In turn Rachael is one of Felicia's writing buddies.
- Yasmine 'Yaz' Carrol (Deamon) - Cute writing friend! They exchange works and trust each other with casual sharing of ideas, and their mutually introverted personalities generally seem to work well together.
- Soren Rosendahl (Skraal) - Book club buddy. Didn't join so long after the founding of the club so they've been exposed to each other for a while, and Rachael thus trusts Soren to a strong extent.
- Ramona Shirley (Somersault) - A very friendly and polite class relationship. They don't share much in common but they get along well and Ramona is a trustworthy art partner.
- Wendy Fischer (Cake) - Knows Felicia. She seems quite nice to Rachael, and they've spoken occasionally! Albeit not in a particularly close manner.
- Brandon Baxter (The Homeless Beard) - She gets what Johnny sees in him but he just intimidates her way too much for her to really let him close.
- [+] Spoiler
What Cicada Is Looking For - Many relationships plox. Paris is supposed to be a fairly popular and well known kid, so I feel like a good amount of kids would have an opinion of him, positive or negative. It can go either way, because while charismatic he also has his negative and creepy tendencies that might set off some alarm bells. Friends or people who know him but not vice versa both welcomed!
Do I Know Them? (popularity/notoriety) - Probably. Paris is stupid friendly, even in class where he sometimes quietly sidles up to people for academic help and favors and so on. He goes to parties so he's most well known in that scene, but Paris is unafraid to break the ice with people who don't exist in his social circle, so there's a number of folk he may well just arbitrarily know. He has a reputation and it proceeds him, seeing Paris' face is likely to elicit a reaction to all but Hobbe's most socially unawares, so let's discuss that, etc.
Do I Share A Class With Them? - Average track in most classes and no APs except for English and foreign language. Foreign language Spanish, and fairly good for a non-native speaker already. Music classes as electives. Study Hall.
Do I Like Them If I Know Them? (how he acts to friends) - Paris is very well spoken, and seems to have an almost uncanny knack for knowing the right thing to say. But sometimes he doesn't seem especially attentive or interested in a given conversation. He has many friends but few of them are close, he's somewhat prone to roaming and losing interest in people day to day before trying to come back into their lives as he sees fit. So even if close a given character's enjoyment of Paris probably isn't especially intimate, he's more a casual friend who can be fun sometimes than a close friend and confidante. So if your character doesn't get along with this sort then, well. They're not considered friends, likely.
Do I Hate Them? (how he might get bothersome) - Paris can definitely be annoying or even malicious. Maybe he got too insistent with your character about his preaching, or maybe he took advantage of them one too many times. A few former friends who got tired of Paris' self serving bull and can see past his surface charisma, maybe. And some people who are just a bit off put by him, since he can also be a bit too lackadaisical and not treat people with the private space they might want or need. I dunno, if your character is socially perceptive enough maybe they could even pick up on how Paris is generally judgmental despite his demeanor otherwise, and dislike him for that trait.
Do I Have A Crush On Them? - He is handsome, but because of his reputation I figure a lot of the schools women (and gay men but I doubt any of them would legit consider him beyond an unwanted crush) know to hold him at an arms length unless the difficulties that come with liking him are somehow the sort your character can overlook. He does not respond to romantic overtures. At all. Or if he does, he only does so to win points/favors, again.
Possible Pregame Plot-erino? (or island, but I am likely to not plan this out for a long time) - If your character wants to P A R T Y shoot me a PM, I'd like to get some party stuff down. In deference to how Rugga ran Paris I should probably also get him being a manipulative douche to some folks. Besides that, I have ideas but nothing concrete, let me know if u wanna chill, kay?
- [+] Spoiler
- Scarlett McAfee (Primrosette) - They went out on a few dates, but Paris is, of course, Paris. It didn't last that long, but Scarlett is kind and gracious enough that they remained on good terms in spite of Paris' antics. He helps her in Spanish when she can coax him to, and they like talking music. She is one of the girls Paris has a composition in honor of.
- Jasmine Hammond (Punished Kun) - A Junior fling Paris engaged in that lasted a decent few months, to the surprise of those in the know. She was eager, easy to talk to, and willing, and though Paris never put in as much as she did it was good for a period of time. Paris eventually predictably lost interest and broke it off, and his continued nonchalant treatment of her to this day infuriates her, though he doesn't really conceptualize how badly it was he messed up.
- Natali Greer (Somersault) - They know each other since Paris' mom tutored Natali when she was learning to do photography. Paris trusts Natali a bit more than most of his peers since his mom personally approves of her, he knows she doesn't approve of his evangelical style but that he can still rely on her to be a confidante if he ever needs one (rarely, if ever).
- Soren Rosendahl (Skraal) - Both are quite religious dudes and thus get along well and often are in each other's day to day business. They also share a commonality in their interest in languages and foreign cultures, and Soren is one of the folks Paris wants to bring out to travel Europe for the summer.
- Wendy Fischer (Cake) - He hit on her a bit but she didn't really seem to get it. Anyways they're cool now. She's a popular girl so they hang out often enough, and occasionally he's willing to do her a solid and give her some help with her subjects, at least in foreign language.
- Ramona Shirley (Somersault) - Paris and Ramona play well off each other since they're both outgoing and confident, they met in their later school years. Paris appreciates Ramona's musical tastes, even though she gently let him down when he tried his religious spiel on her.
- Sophie McDowell (Laurels) - She's spared the worst of his character traits since she's quietly religious and gentle, so he gives her a pass in a lot of regards. He likes talking music and composition with her.
- Lyndi Thibodeaux (Brackie) - Lyndi is one of the kinder girls to Paris despite his odd mannerisms having been directed her way at some point. They're not close, since Paris really gets close to few people, but she's on the short list of his future travel buddies and she knows it.
- Jason Andrews (Brackie) - Paris only infrequently remembers that he likes Jason, but when he does Paris will bring Jason along to parties and the like.
- Maxwell Lombardi (Punished Kun) - Two smooth talking popular dudes. They know each other and can talk well at parties.
- Simon Leroy (Primrosette) - Paris found Simon first. Simon can get on Paris' case when Paris says something Simon finds intellectually disagreeable, but Paris takes it in his stride so the two keep a solid relationship despite it seeming odd that they maintain such a productive relationship.
- Alexander Bonham ($erpent453) - Paris finds it odd that their discussions tend to end in arguments so often, but Paris just does his thing and they seem to maintain a working relationship anyways.
- Jeanette Buendia (Loretta) - Casual friends who distract each other with texting and memes Paris doesn't quite get.
- James Mulzet (Ohm) - On decent if mostly distant terms. In classes they share Paris gets homework help from one of the school's brightest. In turn Paris sets him up with girls and other people James might be down to hang with.
- Jay Harland (Slam) - Casual acquaintances by way of Jay's frequent house parties. Paris doesn't particularly understand that Jay doesn't have money and has pissed him off on that note before.
- Lance Adams (Obi Ocha) - Paris doesn't know that this kid apparently hates him or some such.
- Damion Castillo (Maraoone) - Paris thinks he's a pretty cool dude, and encourages him to come around to church events more often.
- Kyran Dean (Cake) - Weird kid who doesn't talk much, they've known each other since middle school. Cool dude in Paris' books.