Henshaw

Un-Persona
Winner

November 2nd, 2013, 9:16 pm #1

((Davis Todd -Sandbox- Continued From Too Close To The Sun))

Off season work outs were the worst. Not because he felt forced to do them or because they took time out of his life, but because they built up the anticipation. Football season was over, Lacrosse season didn't start till spring, and Davis was stuck right in the damn middle of Winter.

"Can't complain too much. It's not a requirement or anything."

Davis did realize he didn't have to be here, but the school offered free use of the weight room, and that was too much of a good thing to pass up. Place for kids in sports not doing anything make sure they stay in shape and a place for someone to start getting into shape.

Besides, it was arm day. Reloading the guns never hurt nobody. Less they got in the way of course and then it was KA-BLAM and BA-BOOM.

"Focus...gloat later..."

So, arms. Dumbbells seemed to fit Davis's mood for right now. The 75 pound set should be fine. Picking up the weights, Davis found himself a short metal square stool to sit on. The gym was probably going to close soon enough, better to double time it now and feel satisfied with the workout. The sound of clacking metal and thumping granite served as his rhythm as he worked.
PV3 relationship thread! Say hi to my kids! ~
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
&
[+] Spoiler
V7 - - PV3 - {❤} - TV3 - - V8 -

Deamon
Winner
Deamon
Winner

November 7th, 2013, 12:21 am #2

((Isaiah Hall continued from The Juicy Lucy))

Working out was one of Isaiah's favourite activities. It was more because he could just put his music in, zone out and relieve any stress he happened to be feeling. It was also important that he needed to keep his fitness up and make sure he was in the best possible shape all the time.

That was why he was so glad the school gave students free access to the weight room. It meant he could pump out a workout before the end of school and then he could jog home. It was a perfect system all in all by the time he got back he had enough time to do whatever work he needed to do, then food. Then the rest of the day was his to do as he pleased.

As Isaiah walked in he say Davis Todd setting himself down on a stool with a pair of dumbbells. He was a big center and Isaiah sometimes felt sorry for whoever ended up opposite him. He couldn't run for shit though, granted he never needed to run very far. He was a good guy though.

"Hey Davis!" Isaiah called out as he entered the room. "Working on the guns I see."
PV2.5
Dakota Hightower - - The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie

SOTF SC2
G04: Yasmin "Yaz" Carrol - - I'm Dracula Bitch - "I'll be back as quickly as possible. I promise."
G19: Kris - - - - - - - Myopia
[+] Spoiler
RBP3: Sarah Bourne - λ - λ - λ - λ - λ - λ - λ - λ - λ - Spiders in my Needle - "Yeah I won't be able to take it back."
SP2: Isaiah Hall - $ - Rosebud - Shot with an arrow.
[+] Spoiler
M12: Chris Brooks - Entrenching Tool - Dead - Getting blood on the floor in Two Foot Wide and Six Foot Deep - "Fuck You."
F14: Jasmine Stone - Army Action Figure - Dead - Getting her skull broken in Whatever Happened to The American Dream - "There's nothing aggressive about ignoring someone."
[+] Spoiler
F17: Martha Stock - Game Over - Shovel - "But hey it's not all bad, I mean look at this lovely weather."
Currently bleeding out in It's not like its for real or anything, right?

Un-Persona
Winner

November 8th, 2013, 1:34 am #3

Clink-Clack-Thump-Cli-

"Yo, Isaiah, man."

Davis continued his lifting, only momentarily distracted by Isaiah's call-out.

Isaiah was allright, far as Davis was concerned anyway. Made his plays on the field, nice guy around the team. Others said he could be a dick sometimes, but Davis never saw it. Or had the chance to. Ah, whatever.

Dude was a bro, is the point.

"Yeaaah, man, can't get lazy and let them go to waste, next season could come up and sneak up on me, y'know? What'cha up to, man?"
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
&
[+] Spoiler

Deamon
Winner
Deamon
Winner

November 16th, 2013, 11:49 pm #4

"Keeping in shape same as you, harder during offseason though. Takes more effort to drag myself to the gym." He grinned as he walked over to the weights and picked up two of the heavier dumbbells. He felt like starting with some simple weight stuff before moving on to the drills he had planned.

Davis was right though, you couldn't just stop working out, even in the offseason. Especially if you wanted to turn pro, you'd need to constantly be working on improving yourself and getting better at every aspect of the game. It was part of why he respected Davis, no matter what his faults were on the pitch he put in the time and effort and Isaiah respected that. He'd also had Davis tackle him a couple of times before, it had sucked. So he respected him for that too.

Holding the weights out at his sides and above shoulder height Isaiah started lifting them up and down, making sure they didn't drop below his shoulders, it started easy but after doing it twenty times before going through the whole sequence and going back to do it again once or twice more it started to add up, as it stood though he was breezing through it.

Isaiah thought back to his chance encounter with Lucy at the mall.

"Hey man do you know a cheerleader named Lucy..." He didn't know her surname. "Errrr Lucy something, blonde hair."
PV2.5

SOTF SC2
G04: Yasmin "Yaz" Carrol - - I'm Dracula Bitch - "I'll be back as quickly as possible. I promise."
[+] Spoiler
RBP3: Sarah Bourne - λ - λ - λ - λ - λ - λ - λ - λ - λ - Spiders in my Needle - "Yeah I won't be able to take it back."
[+] Spoiler
M12: Chris Brooks - Entrenching Tool - Dead - Getting blood on the floor in Two Foot Wide and Six Foot Deep - "Fuck You."
F14: Jasmine Stone - Army Action Figure - Dead - Getting her skull broken in Whatever Happened to The American Dream - "There's nothing aggressive about ignoring someone."
[+] Spoiler
F17: Martha Stock - Game Over - Shovel - "But hey it's not all bad, I mean look at this lovely weather."

Un-Persona
Winner

November 17th, 2013, 2:12 am #5

Davis nodded to Isaiah's comments about offseason workouts, having pretty much the same ideas about them as he did. A hassle but one that made all the difference.

Clink-Clink-Clack-Clack-Thump-Thump

Isaiah had said something about a girl, Lucy. A blond cheerleader. Oh, but only so few of those in America....

"Lucy..." David said "Lucy, Lucy, Lucy..." He repeated, as if would somehow help. Davis knew some cheerleaders of course, dressing up on game days for school spirit, pumping him up at the games for his spirit. Maybe it was just hard for him to focus on remembering a face and to make sure his arms were moving the weights simultaneously, but this girl was surprisingly coming up as nothing. He supposed it came to the process of elimination, best he knew how.

"Maybe. Is she hot?"

That ought to narrow it down some.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
&
[+] Spoiler

Shangela
Rookie

November 28th, 2013, 7:20 am #6

((Aidan Adelman continued from Melodrama))

Aidan grimaced throughout the entirety of his 7th period English class. 80 pages of reading over the weekend wasn't pleasant as a standalone affliction, however, that, coupled with an associated paper; math homework; a science project to finish up; and that history test that had been looming over the class' heads for the past few weeks, was enough to make even the coolest of cucumbers boil.

Saved by the bell was a cheesy term that teachers liked to throw around in all of it's nerdy glory. However, by the end of 7th period, Aidan truly felt the mercy that was the bell's welcomed ringing. Upon instinct, the herd of students shuffled out of the classroom and off in their own directions; Aidan, of course, jolting to lead the pack out of the classroom. Chatter erupted from the liberated students, however, uncharacteristically, Aidan failed to contribute to their buzzing.

“Hey Aidan. . .” A couple voiced trailed off in his general direction, but to no significant interaction. Aidan had a goal in mind. The Stairmaster.

Truth be told, Aidan enjoyed the running part of cardio. He could close his eyes, imagine that he was running on a beach somewhere tropical. Maybe somewhere where he could clutch a coconut filled with rum punch in one hand, and a wealthy handsome plastic surgeon's hand in the other. Or some other attachment. However, there was nothing fun, nor nothing sexy about The Stairmaster. All it served to do was make one's haunches cry out in burning pain, while promising, yet not coming through, with a pop diva style booty. But it was a necessary evil, Aidan supposed. Lacrosse season wasn't too far off, and he'd let his core and legs go soft in the break. Theater didn't exactly get one the maximum glutage that coach had been stressing his athletes over.

The ringing of the second bell put Aidan into high gear. Weaving through the crowded hallways of evacuating students, Aidan darted towards his locker. He pulled out his typical workout wear: a robin's egg blue 2Xist compression tanktop, a pair of Black UnderArmour Baselayer shorts with matching navy blue 5” runner's shorts, and his trusty New Balance workout sneakers. Even if Aidan wasn't putting out the hardest workout at the gym, he wanted to at least look the best doing it.

A quick change in the men's bathroom and Aidan headed towards the gym. He could already hear the sounds people working out. Those meatheads better not be hogging up my barbell.. Not that Aidan particularly minded the sight of watching some of his gymmates huffing and puffing while they contorted into their squats.

“Hey guys.” Aidan adopted a fictitious baritone around these guys. While not especially threatening, Aidan still liked to keep a level of masculinity around these jocks. There was a time and place to fem it up, and the workout room wasn't one of them.

“Lucy Williams? Our year, right?” The boys were in the middle of talking about one of his closest friends, Lucy Willams. Aidan feigned disinterest as he climbed aboard The Stairmaster. However, as he began to pump his legs rhythmically, he intentionally left one earplug from his headphones dangle over his chest.

Credit goes to the talented BMO of the Marina and the Diamonds forum, the Marina Boards
But deep down, all you really want is love
The pure kind, we all dream of.
But we cannot escape the past,
So you and I will never last

NOTE:I'm somewhat self-conscious about my abilities as a role-player. If you happen to read my threads and have any input, I'd greatly appreciate hearing them. I want to improve and only your input will help me do so~
[+] Spoiler
Whittree Secondary School
Girl #IS1: Diana "Dee" Dixon
Weapons: 4'6 Long Boffer Sword (Abandoned)
Thread: Reckoning Ball
Storyline Progression: (Start) I -> II -> III -> IV -> V -> VI
Pre-Game:1 <- (Start) I -> II
Quote: "I reckon that Diana was supposed to be some classy princess that died years before I was born, right? Sorry Ma'. That dog won't hunt a lick."

Davison Secondary School
Boy#CS5: Aidan Adelman
Weapons: Full Set of Team Bandannas (Season 66), Zastava M70 AB2 (from Leah Bissard)
Thread: The Jellies Experience
Storyline Progression: (Start I) -> II -> III -> IV
Pre-Game:1 <- (Start) I -> II -> III -> IV (End)
Quote: "Doesn't Lady Gaga look super fierce for 34?"

Deamon
Winner
Deamon
Winner

December 4th, 2013, 12:56 pm #7

Isaiah was about to reply when Aidan something walked into the gym. Isaiah didn't really know him well; he played lacrosse or something; which Isaiah knew as the stupid sport with the nets on sticks. At least he was actively training though so Isaiah couldn't be annoyed by his presence. The jumping into the conversation was the annoying part; you couldn't just walk into the room and act like you were there from the beginning. Isaiah stopped himself from pulling a face but still shook his head slightly.

"Yeah she's our year." He said in reply as Aidan mounted the StairMaster.

"And yes she is." He said in reply to David.

He finished the first cycle of the exercise and went straight into the second one. His arms were dimly feeling the exercise start to take effect but Isaiah reckoned he could bust out a good two or three more sets before they actually started to ache. Then he'd be able to start on the push-ups, sit-ups and squats. Then after that all the joy of pull ups would be his. After all of that he'd do some sprints on the treadmill. After all he didn't have that much time, so he was going for more of a blitz session rather than a slow burn. He'd have plenty of time for one of those later.
PV2.5

SOTF SC2
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Un-Persona
Winner

December 8th, 2013, 9:11 pm #8

Aidan was nearby on the Stair Master, now in the conversation, evidently. Aidan was okay, played lacrosse well, didn't bug Davis too much personally, even if others said he talked too much. Which he did. But whatever, his contribution and Isaiah's confirmation gave him an answer. He nodded to the both of them and showed a slight smirk.

"Then yeah, I know who you're talking about."

Davis' hands directed themselves into a sideways position, now standing and raising the dumbbells above his head. Shoulders were important as well. Kept things sturdy.

"What about her?"
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
&
[+] Spoiler

December 17th, 2013, 5:53 am #9

Unfortunately for Isaiah's plans, the treadmill was currently occupied by one Christine Wallis. One could set a clock by Christine's daily training regime, which normally took place out of doors, but the cold and rain had driven Davidson's cross country runner indoors to the relative warmth and dryness of the gym.

Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe in. Breathe out.

The lanky girl took deep breaths as she ran on the treadmill, filling her lungs to capcity with air, before letting the air out slowly again. Her face was twisted into a slightly annoyed scowl. She had planned a great outdoor workout this afternoon, light stretches followed by a good round of archery practise and ending with a run before a quick shower, then off to home to soak in the bath.

It was just like the weather to ruin it all! She hated working out in the gym, with its lack of scenery and its perpetually stale air smelling dankly of sweat and various body odours. She especially disliked the treadmill. The old machine had seen better days. Someone had oiled the darn thing recently, but it was still as noisy as ever.

Christine cranked the speed down just the tiniest notch. She was working on improving her time and pacing and had no intention of running herself ragged just yet. She didn't really want to get dragged into the discussions happening around her, not because she was trying to be unfriendly, but because she had no intention of interrupting a long distance run for a chat. That, and she wasn't entirely sure she'd be able to speak, given the speed at which the treadmill was moving. She could still hear them speaking around her, though. She stared straight at the wall in front of her and kept running, intending to finish the randomly inclined half marathon that she'd programmed it to put her through.

Given that Christine had been on the machine for only 10 minutes, it looked like there would be some time to wait before the young lady would be done. Possibly another 40 to 50 minutes more, if not longer.

Deamon
Winner
Deamon
Winner

January 11th, 2014, 11:37 pm #10

((Skipping to get Isaiah out.))

Isaiah steadily sped up as he made his way through the exercises he had laid out for himself. After he hit ten cycles he switched into a sequence of body weight exercises. Moving through into push-ups, sit-ups, squat thrusts, dips and back around again Isaiah blasted out the sets as quickly as he could. He blitzed through the workout as fast as he could so he could get a good burn going before he ran home.

After ten more sets and the complete and total death of the conversation Isaiah decided to cut his losses and make the run home.

"Later Davis." He said as he walked past the other boy. "I'll see you at practice."

((Isaiah Hall continued elsewhere.))
PV2.5

SOTF SC2
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Shangela
Rookie

January 17th, 2014, 4:04 am #11

Aidan’s thighs were pulsating, throbbing and aching. To most other people, this severe level of discomfort is usually a bad thing. Nobody wants their joints to lash out in permeating pain like this. You’d have to be crazy to enjoy this kind of masochistic workout. Well, masochistic, or a high school athlete. The more Aidan thought about it, though, the more he realized the two weren’t mutually exclusive concepts. You certainly did get hurt more than your fair share in lacrosse.

Despite all the pain, there was certainly always pleasure to be met upon completion. It wasn’t pleasure in the sense that those extra helpings of cheesy curly fries Aidan had had at lunch were. Nor were they the large mint bubble tea with chewy tapioca balls that Aidan was going to suck back after class with his tea time with Will. No, this type of satisfaction only came from pushing himself to the limit and exceeding expectations.

Just.. one…more. Aidan repeatedly pushed himself past his breaking point. Eventually the timer on his iPod would start to blast the sweetest sound, liberation, and he’d be freed from his squats. Aidan wanted a R&B goddess butt, but would love to not have to put effort into getting one. Arms were really easy to build up, why couldn't a donk be too?

Brrriiing. Brrriiing.

Salvation.

((Aidan Adelman continued elsewhere))

Credit goes to the talented BMO of the Marina and the Diamonds forum, the Marina Boards
But deep down, all you really want is love
The pure kind, we all dream of.
But we cannot escape the past,
So you and I will never last

NOTE:I'm somewhat self-conscious about my abilities as a role-player. If you happen to read my threads and have any input, I'd greatly appreciate hearing them. I want to improve and only your input will help me do so~
[+] Spoiler
Whittree Secondary School
Girl #IS1: Diana "Dee" Dixon
Weapons: 4'6 Long Boffer Sword (Abandoned)
Thread: Reckoning Ball
Storyline Progression: (Start) I -> II -> III -> IV -> V -> VI
Pre-Game:1 <- (Start) I -> II
Quote: "I reckon that Diana was supposed to be some classy princess that died years before I was born, right? Sorry Ma'. That dog won't hunt a lick."

Davison Secondary School
Boy#CS5: Aidan Adelman
Weapons: Full Set of Team Bandannas (Season 66), Zastava M70 AB2 (from Leah Bissard)
Thread: The Jellies Experience
Storyline Progression: (Start I) -> II -> III -> IV
Pre-Game:1 <- (Start) I -> II -> III -> IV (End)
Quote: "Doesn't Lady Gaga look super fierce for 34?"

Un-Persona
Winner

January 17th, 2014, 4:50 am #12

"Shit."

Davis remembered he forgot to stretch properly. Pain was setting in his mid-section.

"Oh, oooh, oooooooh noooo broooooo."

He placed the weights at their original place and began to waddle away.

His stomach grumbled.

Those hot wings at lunch were going to make Davis regret everything he did in life.

Now, now for sure, Davis knew that true fear was trying to run with the runs coming up on old lady hips.

((Davis Todd -Sandbox- Continued In Bitch Please (In Memoriam)))
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
&
[+] Spoiler

January 20th, 2014, 8:08 pm #13

About an hour or two later, the treadmill finally came to a stop.

Christine stretched, did her cool down exercises and left the gym. Her timing could have been better, but she was not disappointed.

Time to hit the showers.

((Christine Out.))