2-1

2-1

Brackie
Veteran
Brackie
Veteran

July 5th, 2010, 1:14 am #1

((Yoshio Akamatsu continued from Black Canvas))

Yoshio was amazed that he hadn't run into Hiroshi on the way. They had headed in the same direction, but Yoshio hadn't actually gone towards the harbour, staying away from anyone who could be hiding there.

From me, probably. I am a killer now. Who knows who knows I killed...I killed...

As the clinic became closer, he started to cry. He didn't want to be on this stupid island. He didn't want to have to listen to, or watch, his friends die. He didn't want to try and survive anymore. He didn't want to kill anyone, he couldn't kill anymore. He was a killer, and no-one would know that except him if he got off. Somehow. The only person who would know was him. He wouldn't even tell his parents.

His parents didn't really care for him anyway, they were just using him as a bargaining chip against each other until the divorce was finalized. He didn't think they would even care he was gone, just one less thing to try and sort out until they would stop living together. He hated them both so much at that moment. He would prove to them that they should have taken more care of him. He would prove to everyone he could survive. He wouldn't have to kill anyone, just...live another few days while everyone else killed themselves. Yuichiro...he wouldn't even try and save him. He was his best friend, and he couldn't...no, he WOULDN'T, do anything. It was only about him now.

The first thing he noticed when he approached the clinic was the smell. Dead bodies, had to be. That smell couldn't be mistaken for anything other than roadkill, and it wasn't like there were any cars to make that stuff.

He found that the door wasn't on the side he wanted to approach. Turning the corner, he almost threw up at the sight befallen him.

First the Earth was flat
but it fattened up when we didn't fall off
now we spin laps round the sun

It was Fumiyo Fujiyoshi. What was left of the poor girl, who was one of the nicest souls one could ever find, lay sprawled across the ground, head bashed and bloody. The nurses aid, and the only person besides his friends to share a nice word with him. She was even there when Shuya got everyone to cheer him on when he played his game. Well, it showed how much the times were changing, didn't it? His game was now smashed on the street back at the houses, Shuya and Fumiyo were dead, and he was long past the point where he could just pick up a video game and escape his life. He couldn't even daydream like Mizuho...Mizuho.

I hope she's safe...

Trying to avoid looking at Fumiyo's body, he found the door, and went inside. It wasn't like he could say anything to her. What was there to say? Sorry you're dead? He couldn't think of anything. The dark voices at the back of his mind were all saying the same thing: Better her than me. But...before closing the door, he muttered a few words to the body under his breathe. It wasn't like they had to be heard, she was dead.
"I'm sorry, Fumiyo. I'll probably see you soon."

All the gods lost 2-1
and holes to heaven pointed out to us
from light-years away we're surrounded by a billion galaxies

And inside wasn't any better. Also laying on the ground, a gaping hole in the head, and a decoration of brains covering the wall behind him, was Niida. Yoshio clenched his teeth. Niida. The football head who was on the soccer team. He was a lech, who always thought he was better than everyone else, or that's what Yoshio thought of him. Not on the same level as Oda, though. He was a different case entirely.

It wasn't as though Yoshio knew what had happened to his body. For all he knew, he probably got a gun, played with it, and blew his brains out, and then someone came along and took it. He would never know.

Trying not to touch it, he moved around the walls, heading towards the back rooms. There would probably be medical stuff he could use.

Things are not always
Things are not always
How they seem
Will you be ready?
Will you be ready?

Walking down the hall, he happened into the first room he came across. With luck, he found a bed, and a cabinet full of medicine. None of the names meant anything to him, so he kept it open. Maybe he would need it soon.

Looking further inside, he found a medical box, full of sterilized equipment. Yoshio broke the seal, and scrummaged around inside. Lucky again, he found tweezers. Perfect.
Sitting down on the bed, he took off the top half of his uniform, and got a good look at the wound. Blood bathed his shoulder, accounting for the The bullet was well into the skin, but he could still see it. That 9mm slug that was probably also carrying bit's of Kiriyama. It would kill him if he couldn't clean it. He had played this game. But not for a long time.

Wishing he had something to bit down on, but remembering he left his baton at the cliffs almost a day ago, he simply gulped, and did the thing he had no experience in.

Yoshio tried to get the bullet out.

Pushing down on the skin, in an attempt to expose more of the bullet, he found only pain.

It's OWWW not going to get any OWWWWWW easier, so I'll just...I have no idea what to do...

Gulping again, he inserted the tweezers under his skin, into the wound itself, trying to get it out.

The pain was gigantuous, as though the metaphorical glass under his skin, twinging at even the slightest move, had been set on fire. Every nerve in his left arm was ablaze, screaming, trying to get rid of the pain. He was screaming in pure unadulterated agony, and it took the very slim amount of self-awareness inside him to not jerk his right hand free and rip even more skin out. Finally, after several seconds, the tweezers found it's mark, clenched it, and Yoshio slowly ripped it out of his arm, throwing the tweezers and bullet fragment across the room.

Not being able to hold it in any longer, Yoshio let out an anguished and terrified scream.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!
The Program 2.5 - Traitors

Santiago Ibarra - Butterfly Knife

Nani Clover - Plastic Scythe

[+] spoiler
Battle Royale AU - A Second Chance
Yoshio - Cause of Death: 'sploded - 15/42
Yuko - Cause of Death: Lack of Faith - 32/42
The Program - v1 - Young Patriots
Chanel - ♡ - 51/53
♥ -
Matthew - ☿ - 27/53
- - -
SOTF TV - v1 - Our Main Cast
Holly - Thuck the game. - 58/66
Ω - Ω - Ω
Anna - [redacted]. - 21/66
© - © - © - © - © - © - ©
VIRTUA SOTF - The Players
Ramona - Boom. - 40/47
- -
Cameo - Gasp. - 7/47
Ø - Ø - Ø - Ø - [url=http://s1.zetaboards.com/SOTF_Mini/topic/4633730%2

MurderWeasel
Mini Maestro
MurderWeasel
Mini Maestro

July 22nd, 2010, 2:57 am #2

((Prexia Dikianne Mizuho continued from Breakdown))

The sun was waning as Prexia Dikianne Mizuho made her way towards the clinic, and with it was waning her life, she felt sure. Had she not always felt a connection with the sun? Had she not, in the time before, made a desperate promise to herself to live just long enough to see it rise once again? And yet, when the time had come, her back had been turned. Such was the life of a warrior. Sacrifice. Constant sacrifice. And now, at the end, what was it for?

Nothing. It all came to nothing. She was left without purpose, cast adrift by fate and fortune. All she could cling to was an impossible hope, a desperate mission.

Revenge. That was it. She had nothing more. Kaori's killer had been slain. That left only Megumi's murderer. Megumi had been announced the first time. She had been dead for nearly a day. The world had kept moving. Nobody cared, nobody except Mizuho—no, Prexia, she was Prexia now. Kaori was dead now, too. Nobody cared. Soon Prexia would be gone as well. Would anybody care? Was there anybody in the outside world who would miss her, who would even know that she was gone?

Try as she might, she couldn't remember.

She was making her way to the clinic, now, not out of any hope of surviving. That was impossible. She didn't know how grievous her wounds were, but she doubted she would see the next sunrise. Still, she had to try. She had to struggle for life with all her might, just for a little while more. She would make it to the end if she had to, wait until it was just her and one more person left standing in the charnel house ruins of this island, and then she would ask them if they had killed Megumi Etou, way back at the beginning. And if they said no, Prexia would die, and if they said yes, Prexia would kill them and then die.

It was all she had left.

The odor hit her first. She had been lost in thought, not consciously watching where she was going. That was one of Mizuho's awful habits, not befitting a warrior at all. It would have to go.

The smell was the smell of death. It was the smell of Keita Iijima's rotting corpse, the smell of the blood still staining her knees and hands, mixed, now, with her own, with that of Kaori and the enemy. There was blood everywhere.

Kaori...

No. No time for regrets. No time to stop and think. No time for... but she was already crying. The tears trickled down her cheeks. She sobbed, silently, her chest heaving, waves of pain cascading up and down her left arm and leg. It hurt now. It all hurt. It hurt so much, and she just couldn't take it. No, no, she could. She had to. She was Prexia. She wasn't weak. She wasn't dumb. She wasn't someone who could be mocked.

She was not Mizuho Inada. She couldn't be. Never again. Not after this. No, Mizuho was gone. Had to be.

As she neared the clinic, she saw a body outside. It was female. That was clear by the skirt. Likely old. Smelled old. Looked old.

Not Megumi please not Megumi oh god not Megumi I can't take it if it's Megumi—SHUT UP! She had to be ready. She'd watched Kaori die. How could this be worse? Although, watched was pushing it, it had happened so fast, and at the end, well, there hadn't been much left. Nothing that looked like Kaori. No glasses. If she had found her friend's glasses... No. Not now. She had to steal herself, had to prepare. It could be Megumi.

It wasn't. As she closed, she saw that the body had once been Fumiyo Fujiyoshi. Fumiyo... she'd been nice enough. Nothing special, not like Megumi. Not like Kaori. Did that make her awful, thinking this dead girl was nothing special? So be it. Nobody would remember Fumiyo Fujiyoshi.

Mizuho entered the clinic. There was another body on the floor, but it was male, so she ignored it. It didn't matter. Maybe, just maybe, somebody would remember Shuuya Nanahara, but none of the rest of them would exist after death. This boy on the floor was not Shuuya Nanahara.

And then, the scream. The scream ripped through the clinic, battered Prexia's eardrums. Someone else was here. Someone in pain. She almost left. She almost turned around, thinking it better, perhaps, to let whoever had loosed the agonized wail perish in privacy. But no. That wouldn't do. She had a mission, and she had to hold herself together long enough to complete it. If that meant disrupting somebody in their dying moment, shoving them away from medical supplies, well, so be it.

So she walked, calmly, quietly, to the room the sound had emanated from, and she stood and looked and saw the boy.

Somehow, it just didn't click. Sure, she'd known, on an intellectual level, that he was still alive, but it didn't make sense to her instinctually. What was someone like him doing still moving? Then again, wasn't that just the pot calling the kettle black? Standing behind him, calm and quiet now, unmindful of the tear tracks staining her cheeks, Prexia said, "Akamatsu. Been a while."
Current characters:

The Program: V3 Prologue:
Mina Mashall - Digital Voice Recorder - Making a good impression - "I didn't know you felt so strongly about me."
Erik Bell - Jericho .941 - Having lunch - "May I?"

SECOND CHANCES: V2:
Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:
EW4: Jewel Evans - Chatterbox Communicator Headsets (0/5) - Online - ELIMINATED - "Scars are just reminders to be better next time."
[+] spoiler
The Program V1:
M06: Karl Chalmers - American Flag - The Mess Hall - DECEASED
F09: Nichole "Nikki" Campbell - 6 Pack of Beer (0/6) - Open Ground - DECEASED

The Program V2:
M08: Alexander Bonham - Steel Folding Chair - The Pine Stands - DECEASED
F20: Robin Pounds - Stress Ball - Mountain Track - DECEASED

SOTF-TV V1:
PRP3: Karen Ruiz - Glock 17 (0/17 +1 bullet), WASP Knife, Swordcane - Over and out - ELIMINATED - "I don't find pointless death funny."
W02: Renée Carlson - Straight Razor - The Resort Beach - DECEASED

SOTF-TV V2:
SS4: Austin White - Gold Retractable Spyglass - The World Oyster - DECEASED

Second Chances V1:
G16: Nicole Husher (thanks to TBH!) - Colt Single Action Army - The Makeshift Hospital - DECEASED

Second Chances V2:
B12: Richard Ormsby - x4 Flashbang Grenades - The Ravine - DECEASED
B22: William Lohman - Winchester Model 1897 - The Ravine - DECEASED

BR AU:
B15: Shuya Nanahara - No Weapon - The School Building - DECEASED
B20: Kyoichi Motobuchi - Bulletproof Vest - Tourist Association - DECEASED
G01: Mizuho Inada - Grenades (0/2) - Clinic - DECEASED

SOTF Evolution:
Subject C01: Samantha Reynolds - Facial Morphing - The Cove - ELIMINATED

VIRTUA SOTF:
M11: Richard Ormsby - Cowbell - The Corssroads Bridge - GAME OVER
M22: William Lohman - Hockey Stick - The Corssroads Bridge - GAME OVER
If you want an honest assessment of your character's storyline, feel free to PM me and I'll whip one up as soon as I am able.

Thanks to Bear/Frogue/Kotorikun/Ryuki for the avatar art.

Brackie
Veteran
Brackie
Veteran

July 22nd, 2010, 3:23 am #3

OH GOD! OH GOD! STOP IT! STOP IT PLEASE! IT'S TOO MUCH! PLEASE!

Why did he try to take the bullet out? He needed to, that's why! If it didn't get taken out, then it would just get into his blood, and poison him from the inside, like a poison dart, nethertheless more effective. So in his torment and pain, he did not hear anyone approach the clinic, come through the open door, and find him wimpering on the bed, clutching his freshly bleeding arm and his hands busy, trying to find some sort of bandage to stop it bleeding outward. And so, after finding the smallest bandage he could and throwing it away in frustration, he noticed Mizuho standing there.

"Akamatsu. Been a while."

Part of Akamatsu wanted to run, but...he knew this girl. She couldn't harm him unless he had those grenades out. She didn't have any strings or anything leading away, so that if she was attacked or something, pins would fall out and take them both out. But...she was crying? She was crying, and not because of what was happening, as anyone would be in their situation, but because of the blood now dripping from her side.

Still, that didn't stop Akamatsu from taking his right hand off his wound and clutching the gun beside him. He didn't raise it, just showed that he was armed, and that he wasn't a threat.

"Miz-mizuho."

Clutching the gun tighter, he continued.
"Are you playing?"

The interim of life
Has got you tiptoed
And pinning all your hopes
On the top dog of dreams

[+] spoiler
Chanel - ♡ - 51/53
♥ -
Matthew - ☿ - 27/53
- - -
Ω - Ω - Ω
Ramona - Boom. - 40/47
- -
Cameo - Gasp. - 7/47

MurderWeasel
Mini Maestro
MurderWeasel
Mini Maestro

July 22nd, 2010, 5:50 am #4

And Akamatsu turned, and he was still himself. It all came flashing back to her. The cliff. It had been so different then, but he'd asked her the same question, just phrased a little differently. He had confidence now, it seemed, at least a little bit more. His voice shook less. The sentiment, however, was the same.

And, though it had been another lifetime, Prexia uttered the same words as she had on that cliff, with the same intent: "I'm not going to hurt you, Yoshio. You don't have to be afraid."

Then she smiled, and wiped her eyes. Here, here amidst all this death and destruction and chaos, she could still find somebody friendly. Even though Yoshio knew her as someone else, knew her only loosely, she felt connected to him, somehow. Destiny and fate had conspired oddly, entwining the two of them in some way she would never understand.

They shared the same class number, and moreover, they were a lot alike, each one living in their own little world. They had been together at the beginning of this horrible situation, and now they were together again. Until the end? Maybe. It depended on whether Yoshio would help her. It depended on if she could ask him. Was it fair to make that request? Was it right? Just a second ago, Prexia had been ready to do anything for her revenge, but now...

Now she just couldn't do it. She just couldn't drag Yoshio to his death after her. No, this was her mission. Her job. To involve someone else, no matter how much she wanted to, was just wrong. It was not what a warrior would do. It was not what a decent human being would do. If she could throw Yoshio away like that, she was no better than whoever had killed Megumi. No, Prexia had done many things since the beginning of the program, some good, some bad, but she had never taken that final step, had never taken a life, or caused one to be taken.

So, instead, she sat down on the floor, facing Yoshio, and smiled. It was a bitter smile, but even that was more than she had expected to be able to manage. She said, offhandedly, "I see you found a better weapon. That's good. That baton wouldn't have slowed down anyone serious about hurting you. Mine worked for that for a while. I probably should have tried to get something else, though."

Admitting a weakness or a flaw was not a game-winning strategy. Prexia knew this, but she couldn't help herself. This was Yoshio. He couldn't be a danger. He hadn't even pointed the gun at her. It would be alright. In the end, it was sure to be alright.
Current characters:

Mina Mashall - Digital Voice Recorder - Making a good impression - "I didn't know you felt so strongly about me."

Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:
EW4: Jewel Evans - Chatterbox Communicator Headsets (0/5) - Online - ELIMINATED - "Scars are just reminders to be better next time."
[+] spoiler
The Program V1:

The Program V2:

SOTF-TV V1:
PRP3: Karen Ruiz - Glock 17 (0/17 +1 bullet), WASP Knife, Swordcane - Over and out - ELIMINATED - "I don't find pointless death funny."

SOTF-TV V2:

Second Chances V1:
G16: Nicole Husher (thanks to TBH!) - Colt Single Action Army - The Makeshift Hospital - DECEASED

Second Chances V2:

BR AU:

SOTF Evolution:

VIRTUA SOTF:
If you want an honest assessment of your character's storyline, feel free to PM me and I'll whip one up as soon as I am able.

Brackie
Veteran
Brackie
Veteran

July 22nd, 2010, 7:08 am #5

It was simply all a matter of having the same thing repeated to him for Akamatsu. Mizuho was the same girl he knew at school, and at the cliff.
"I'm not going to hurt you, Yoshio. You don't have to be afraid."

She was the same girl, no matter what the game said. The pain in his arm a simple subset of his mind now, his focus entirely on the girl he knew he was safe with. Mizuho was scared, crying, and wounded, now sitting on the ground. He was safe here with her. The boy who wanted to escape his world was now in cahoots with the girl who already had escaped.

"I see you found a better weapon. That's good. That baton wouldn't have slowed down anyone serious about hurting you. Mine worked for that for a while. I probably should have tried to get something else, though."
Yoshio thought for a second, and smiled. Trying his best to ignore the pain in his unusable shoulder, he reached down somewhat shakily to his bag, and fumbled around until his hands touched metal. He hooked his hand inside the first firearm concealed inside his bag, and felt around for the second one. Finding that too, he retrieved his hand from the bag, and held both Mitsuru and Kazuo's guns in his hand, aiming off somewhere else. Clenching them both, he got off the bed and, holding onto each of the gun's nozzles, handed them both to Mizuho.

"I got these as well. I-I think they'll do better than those grenades. Hold on a sec..."
Rummaging around again with his only free arm, he found the ammo, and handed it over as well.
"I got this as well. The-The Kiriyama Family...they're not going to be killing anyone any more."

You're not alone in this
The polyfilla way
Look strong in the weakness
Of the gaps

Yoshio simply paused at this moment. The Kiriyama family, all 5 or so of them, were not going to be killing his friends and classmates as a gang anymore. The leader and commander were gone, and the troops were in disarray.

While thinking, he realised what it looked like with three guns and the ominous comment about the gang being gone.
"I-I didn't kill them or anything! I found them!" Yoshio stuttered, trying to back up his statement.

[+] spoiler
Chanel - ♡ - 51/53
♥ -
Matthew - ☿ - 27/53
- - -
Ω - Ω - Ω
Ramona - Boom. - 40/47
- -
Cameo - Gasp. - 7/47

MurderWeasel
Mini Maestro
MurderWeasel
Mini Maestro

July 22nd, 2010, 7:34 am #6

All of a sudden, Yoshio did the last thing Prexia expected, and reached into his pack, pulling out two pistols and handing them to her. She accepted them. It made sense, after all; it would take both his arms to use his machine gun well, he had that wound to contend with, too. Besides, with these, she would be able to succeed for sure. She would be able to track down Megumi's killer, and then open fire on him or her, using both pistols at once, in a fantastic spray of bullets. It would be quick, messy, effective. Yoshio spoke, intruding on her musings, saying that he thought the guns would be better than the grenades.

"Thanks," Prexia said. "I'm sure they will."

He then explained that he had gotten them from the Kiriyama family. Prexia raised an eyebrow at that. She hadn't known for sure what Kazuo's band would do. He'd always seemed a bit of a wild card, impossible to read. If something had happened to him, though, she didn't doubt that Mitsuru and his thugs would've gone all out. They were just those sorts of boys. Well, except maybe Sho. If Yoshio said it, though, then Kiriyama must have joined in. He was dead, right? She thought she'd heard it announced.

Yoshio clarified that he hadn't killed them, and Prexia shrugged.

"I wouldn't blame you if you had," she said. "I'm sure they were being aggressive. I... I ran into some trouble too." That was clearly obvious from her wounds, but she felt a need to share anyways, to explain further. "I left the cliffs when whoever came after Mayumi turned up."—oh, right, Mayumi was dead now, too, heard it on the announcements but couldn't make it matter, not with everyone else—"I went up the mountain, and... Mitsuko showed up."

She was talking quickly now, spilling it all out. It felt like she was slowly bleeding off pressure, unburdening herself as she spoke, but she couldn't go quickly enough. Something was wrong.

"I scared her off, and then I went to a house, but Keita was there, he was dead, and then Tatsumichi showed up and then Kaori came and he attacked her and I tried to help but I just couldn't and they got one of the grenades and..."

And she couldn't go on, couldn't mention anything more. Not if she was to remain Prexia, not if she was to stay safe inside her mind. No need to explain how that terrible confrontation had turned out. The wounds on her arm and leg were clear enough. No need to mention Megumi, either. One pain at a time. She could mourn Kaori, because Kaori was finished. Megumi, on the other hand, would not rest easy until she had been avenged.

Prexia clawed her bag open, setting one of the guns down in the process, and pulled out her remaining grenade, moving slowly, so as not to spook Yoshio. She held it up, looking at it, turning it over in her hands. She'd looked at it before, but never like this.

"How can a little hunk of metal have taken Kaori and Tatsumichi away?" she asked. Then she set it down, carefully, behind her, and turned back to Yoshio. She gripped her crystal necklace hard enough that it hurt a little, while her other hand limply held the gun. Finally, she said, "I'm sorry. You must have had a hard time too. If you need to share, go ahead. Thank you for... listening."
Current characters:

Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:
[+] spoiler
The Program V1:

The Program V2:

SOTF-TV V1:

SOTF-TV V2:

Second Chances V1:

Second Chances V2:

BR AU:

SOTF Evolution:

VIRTUA SOTF:

Brackie
Veteran
Brackie
Veteran

July 22nd, 2010, 8:27 am #7

"I wouldn't blame you if you had. I'm sure they were being aggressive. I... I ran into some trouble too. I left the cliffs when whoever came after Mayumi turned up."
Yoshio couldn't sit still at that moment. His arm was still hurting and bleeding, so while Mizuho started spilling, Yoshio got up and started rummaging through the medical cupboard.

"I'm still listening. I just need some bandages."

Yoshio was in small disbelief at how casually he was reacting to what she was saying. She was bleeding a lot, and he was in no fit state either. Well, he wasn't in a fit state period, but now he had blood to contend to. Yoshio found a bottle of cleaning alcohol, and swabs. While Mizuho started to splurge, he pondered what he needed to do. Clean the wound with alcohol? That sounded right. Pouring a small amount onto a swab, he swabbed the bleeding wound, stinging the open gap in his skin a lot. Whimpering a bit, he figured after a few seconds of swabbing he was done. Now what else?

Looking through the cupboard again, after putting both the medical utilities on the table, he found some large bandages. Picking up the small bandage again, he randomly guessed what needed to happen, and started to wrap the smaller bandage on his wound, and once that was done, he started with the larger bandage.

Soon, while still trying to wrap the bandage around himself, he noticed that Mizuho had finished her verbal diarrhea. She had asked him if he needed to share. Yoshio was...touched that Mizuho wanted to know what he thought.
"It-it hasn't been easy. Izumi...Izumi she was going off. I left them both, and I was around all these houses. I fell asleep for a while, and then...the Kiriyama family showed up. They said they weren't playing, but...they thought I was playing, and tried to shoot me. I got one in the shoulder, and...I thought I was a goner. One of them got shot, I think it was Mitsuru. He...then he shot Kiriyama. Hiroshi ran off, and...I took these guns."

Things are not always
Things are not always
How they seem

Yoshio finally finished wrapping his wound, and tore off the excess bandage, tucking it into itself to stop his work unravelling. Putting his uniform back on, he looked at the wounds that Mizuho had endured. They seemed pretty bad. Yoshio had to face it: there was more work to be done here, and he was the only one who could be of any help to this strange and friendly girl. With his arm that slight bit better, he picked up the alcohol, swabs, and bandages, and squatted down beside Mizuho.
"I-I should probably look at this. It doesn't look so good, Mizuho."

At that moment, the midnight announcement started to crackle through the island. The snearing demon that was that fat man gleefully picked off who was dead by now. It was odd that there were only two. Shogo, that huge guy who had all these scars on him, and Niida, in the next room, rotting away. Maybe their friends hadn't been early enough to be caught in the announcements. Kaori, Oki, Mitsuru, Kazuo...Yoshio tried to ignore it.

He paid the slightest attention when he announced the danger zones, as if this place would become dangerous, he would be in serious trouble. While listening, he started to swab at Mizuho's arm with the alcohol, carefully, trying not to hurt her. It was funny really. He had never touched a girl before, and the only time he did was now, cleaning up her wounds.
"I-I can't believe that half of our-our friends are all dead. We-we could be the only ones of our friends alive."

They don't turn out always
Don't quite turn out always
How we think
Will we be ready?
Will we be ready?

Yoshio pondered that statement again. He had no idea what had happened to Yuichiro, he could be dead for all but Yutaka...he was long gone by now. And Mizuho...Megumi and Kaori, her only friends, were dead as well.
"I'm-I'm sorry about your friends."
Having distracted her enough with his idle wonderings, he finished with the bandages wrapped around her wounds. Her arm was done. It wasn't bleeding anymore, well not that Yoshio could see.

[+] spoiler
Chanel - ♡ - 51/53
♥ -
Matthew - ☿ - 27/53
- - -
Ω - Ω - Ω
Ramona - Boom. - 40/47
- -
Cameo - Gasp. - 7/47

MurderWeasel
Mini Maestro
MurderWeasel
Mini Maestro

July 22nd, 2010, 8:02 pm #8

Yoshio explained what had happened. While Mizuho had talked, he had bandaged himself up. That was good. Maybe he'd be able to make it through now. If there was one person left who deserved to make it out of this, it was Yoshio. He was... good. There weren't enough good people left in the world. Not if something like what had happened to their class was allowed to go on. No, the world wasn't worth fighting for, wasn't worth saving. Better to leave it, somehow. Better to slip away, away into imagination.

She wasn't thinking of herself as Prexia anymore. Couldn't. Not like this. It was too close to normal. There wasn't any stress here. Her arm hurt, it hurt so much, and she let out a little whimper as Yoshio bandaged himself, but that didn't matter. It was still almost like being back in class, back in school. School. It seemed so far away. Was that really how this had all started? They only knew each other through state-mandated education, for the most part. They only knew each other through dumb luck. Well, if chance could throw her into the same place as a good person like Yoshio, maybe the world wasn't utterly worthless after all. Maybe there was some hope.

He came over to her, then, and offered to look at her wounds, and then the announcement came on. Niida and Kawada. That was it. A small blessing: only two more gone, and one was someone Mizuho could never, ever have trusted. Kawada had been strange. He'd been quiet. Now, the announcements said he'd done this before. He'd "won". Won? How could anyone win this game? But no, if Kawada had survived, that meant she'd been right about him. She'd been right to fear him. He was a murderer, a murderer of the worst sort. Had he been the one who'd killed Megumi? She wanted to think so, but no, she couldn't know for sure. It was too easy. Too simple.

Yoshio worked on her wounds, prodding them with a pad covered in alcohol. It stung a lot, a prickly, burning sensation that was, in a way, more real than the pain she had felt this whole time. Serious pain wasn't a part of her life, not something she had ever faced before. It was part of the imaginary world, the dramatic world. It was what heroes and villains contended with as they waged their wars and fought their ways through epic quests. It was for them, for people who were larger than life. For people like Mizuho had always dreamed of being, had always been in her head, to some degree. She still was, come to that. She was Mizuho again, though she'd sworn never to revert, but she felt like, if she had to, she could still pull herself into the mindset she'd had half an hour ago, when she'd called herself Prexia—not even a good name, why'd I pick such a silly name?—and thought she had everything under control. She would have to, for that one final battle. Because normal people didn't avenge their murdered friends. That was the stuff of heroes. The stuff of legends. It was something she would never have expected to actually deal with, but, deep down, it was the sort of thing she'd always wished would happen to her. She'd always wanted her fantasy world to become real, and now that it had, what could she do but play by its rules, even if it wasn't what she'd really wanted at all?

Yoshio said that they could be the only ones among their friends left alive, and Mizuho said, "Yeah. I hope not. But... I never had too many friends."

She couldn't follow that train of thought, though. Couldn't go and let herself be overcome by regret. The past could not be changed. Even if it could, she probably wouldn't have. What good was being popular, being beloved, if it meant, as it so often did, that you couldn't be who you wanted? No, she wouldn't have traded those days of messing around with Kaori and Megumi—calling them warriors, joking about pop stars, raising a fuss in class—for anything. Popularity was for people like Mitsuko, though she, too, had been alone in a way.

Mitsuko, where are you now? She was second guessing herself again. Had Souma been genuine back there, so long ago, on that platform? The girl had been crying, been scared, and Mizuho had turned her away. She had been cold, uncaring, all the things she'd always thought Mitsuko was. She'd done it out of fear, though. Did that make it better, or only easier to understand?

Yoshio said he was sorry her friends had died, and Mizuho said, "Thank you. Yours too."

She hadn't even been paying attention as he worked on her arm. Everything had receded to the memories, but now that she was somewhat back in the present, she realized she was feeling better. Only a little, but better nonetheless.

She said, "I just wish I could have been there, could have seen what happened. Not knowing... It's just not fair. Even... even Kaori. I was coming to save her, and she just... was gone. But that's better. I never saw what happened to everyone at the cliff. I mean, Izumi's still around, but, but, but what happened to Mayumi?"

Mayumi hadn't been an incredibly close friend of Mizuho's, but she had joked with the girl a couple of times. She had almost joined her, at the cliff, but then Izumi had showed up. Mizuho had left them there, Mayumi holding her gun, Yoshio his baton.

The gun!

Mayumi's gun was the one Yoshio had now. That meant... that meant he must have stayed with her, right? He must have seen her through to the end, right? That meant that, just maybe, his answer to her question could put her at least a little at ease.
Current characters:

Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:
[+] spoiler
The Program V1:

The Program V2:

SOTF-TV V1:

SOTF-TV V2:

Second Chances V1:

Second Chances V2:

BR AU:

SOTF Evolution:

VIRTUA SOTF:

Brackie
Veteran
Brackie
Veteran

July 23rd, 2010, 1:10 am #9

As he finished up bandaging Mizuho, Yoshio took a better look around the room. Placing the alcohol on the ground, he tossed the swabs into the bin in the cornner of the room, and took a good look around. In the corner of the room were 2 singluar gas canisters. Before Yoshio could take a closer look, Mizuho had directed a question at him.

"I just wish I could have been there, could have seen what happened. Not knowing... It's just not fair. Even... even Kaori. I was coming to save her, and she just... was gone. But that's better. I never saw what happened to everyone at the cliff. I mean, Izumi's still around, but, but, but what happened to Mayumi?"

Yoshio froze at that moment. Oh no, he wasn't expecting this...

"I...I don't know. When I left they were...they were both still alive, so..."

Yoshio couldn't take it anymore. Letting out all his frustration at the game at that moment, he faced Mizuho and started to splurge.

"O-Okay! We were at the cliff, after you left, and then...then Megumi showed up and....she had a gun! She shot at us from in the bushes! I...I ran and took Mayumi's gun, and I...I...I...I...I...I DIDN'T MEAN TO! The trigger...I didn't know it was so sensitive, and then Megumi was dead!"

I'm dying to know, what's in your head
I'm dying to know, how it all got in there
I'm dying to know, to help make some sense of it all
I'm dying to know
Tell me is it my fault?

Yoshio stopped, finally, and gulped. He had just announced that he had accidentally killed her best friend. There was no telling what was going to happen next, although Yoshio had a quavering suspicion he didn't want to thirst.

[+] spoiler
Chanel - ♡ - 51/53
♥ -
Matthew - ☿ - 27/53
- - -
Ω - Ω - Ω
Ramona - Boom. - 40/47
- -
Cameo - Gasp. - 7/47

MurderWeasel
Mini Maestro
MurderWeasel
Mini Maestro

July 23rd, 2010, 1:57 am #10

What Yoshio said next was the last thing Mizuho had been expecting. It was the one possibility she was completely unprepared for. As the boy in front of her stammered out his confession, her eyes glazed over. She retreated into her mind, trying to make some sense of it all. It was impossible. It just couldn't be true. There was no way Yoshio, the one good person left here, the one person she had trusted, could also be the one she had been seeking. There was no way he had killed Megumi. And yet, why would he lie about it? Why would he claim that sort of deed?

Then, Mizuho found herself imagining things. Imagining them the way Yoshio had claimed they happened. She was back on that cliff, twenty four hours ago. She had decided not to leave after all. She watched as Izumi came into view. They talked for a time, while she hid there, watching. Then, out of nowhere, shots. Someone was attacking them. Akamatsu grabbed the gun, fumbled with it for a second, and then accidentally pulled the trigger, throwing him backwards. Mizuho burst from her hiding place and ran to where the original shots had come from, and there lay Megumi, gun in hand. She'd been shot, and was bleeding to death, bleeding out like Keita had, and she looked at Mizuho, and then closed her eyes without a word.

But no, that didn't work at all, because that ending didn't fit the image of Megumi as shooter. Mizuho tried again, only this time she was behind Megumi, watching her. Her face distorted as she raised her gun and... no. No, it just wasn't right. Megumi was no killer. Mizuho could see her being scared, but shooting at someone? Shooting at Yoshio and Mayumi and Izumi? Never. Megumi would never have done that. It was just impossible.

So now she was on the cliff again, watching again, but this time Megumi came running towards them, tears in her eyes. She had a gun in her hand, but it wasn't raised. But then Yoshio stepped to Mayumi, and took her gun without a word. He pointed it at Megumi and pulled the trigger. Megumi jerked, gasped, and fell to the ground. Yoshio stepped over to her, and picked up her gun, which he then pointed at Mayumi—because Mayumi is dead too now, isn't she?—and pulled the trigger. He turned to Izumi, but the girl was already gone, fleeing into the night.

Did that work? No. No, Yoshio wasn't like that. He was no stone-hearted killer. He was panicking. He couldn't have murdered Megumi. But Megumi couldn't have shot at him, either. It had to be a misunderstanding, one gone ugly, like with Kaori and Tatsumichi. It had to be. But it couldn't, no one could think Megumi was dangerous.

It was just too much. Mizuho was stressed, distraught, and entirely unable to cope with the situation, so she did the only thing she'd ever known to do. She let herself go, let her imagination take her away completely. It was ready, waiting for just this moment. She slipped back into her Prexia persona without a second's hesitation, and realized that she was holding a gun. She was holding a gun, and there was Megumi's killer, fear in his eyes, right in front of her.

So she did the only thing she could, took the only option left to her. She raised the pistol, holding it steady, pointing it directly at Akamatsu's chest, and pulled the trigger.
Current characters:

Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:
[+] spoiler
The Program V1:

The Program V2:

SOTF-TV V1:

SOTF-TV V2:

Second Chances V1:

Second Chances V2:

BR AU:

SOTF Evolution:

VIRTUA SOTF:

Brackie
Veteran
Brackie
Veteran

July 23rd, 2010, 3:36 am #11

It was as though stepping into a dream, like the girl had just gone zombified and ghastly. Yoshio couldn't believe he had just blurted everything out like that, but what had been done could not be undone. It was his burden to bear now, his consequences he would face.

Mizuho rose from the ground, gun in hand, and aimed at his chest, and pulled the trigger.

I care about you darling
And I care about you
Cuz I care about you
More than anyone else...

*click*

And if the gun she was holing at that moment wasn't emptied when Mitsuru Numai shot his own boss several times and emptied the chamber, he would be simply a rotting, bloated corpse right now. The other gun, the one belonging to Kazuo Kiriyama, or as it was, the later Kazuo Kiriyama, still had one or two bullets left inside.

If Yoshio was a machine, he would be on high alert. The moments following the empty sound of a hammer hitting an empty chamber were greatly magnified through the silence endured by them both. Mizuho Inada just tried to kill him. She was the only one who he could trust right now, and he couldn't even do that. He was now an enemy to everyone, now truly looking out for himself. He had to get out of here alive, and that path was through Mizuho. Following up the silence seconds later, he smirked.
"I probably should have told you, that gun is empty-"

With one swift movement, Yoshio charged forward into Mizuho, in an attempt to knock her over. Realising that she still had a grenade on her, he stumbled back the very moment after.

Grabbing at the bed for his Ingram, he pulled it close to his chest, and screamed at the top of his lungs.

"AND A GOOD THING TOO, BITCH! YOU'RE DEAD!"

Yoshio compressed his finger on the trigger.

[+] spoiler
Chanel - ♡ - 51/53
♥ -
Matthew - ☿ - 27/53
- - -
Ω - Ω - Ω
Ramona - Boom. - 40/47
- -
Cameo - Gasp. - 7/47

MurderWeasel
Mini Maestro
MurderWeasel
Mini Maestro

July 23rd, 2010, 5:35 am #12

*click*

It was the sound of everything falling apart. It was the sound of things going wrong. It was the sound that shattered Mizuho out of her fantasy world. That one little noise brought it crashing back to her, that full realization of what she had tried to do.

There was no time for regrets, though. Akamatsu knew what she had done as well, and his reaction was anything but what she had expected. She didn't know how to react as he roared at her. Part of her wanted to apologize. Part of her wanted to scream. As he rushed her, though, she did neither. She stood still and took the hit and fell down, the gun flying from her hand.

The clatter as it slid across the floor broke her from her stupor, and she saw that Akamatsu had backpedaled to the bed, grabbing for his gun. Mizuho reached out with both hands, her left grabbing the grenade, her right, the other pistol. Was it empty, too? No way to know. No time to worry. She rolled to the side as Akamatsu fired, screaming at her. The machine gun rattled, tearing holes into the floor. She was almost too slow, was almost torn to pieces by its fire, but she had just enough momentum to get clear of the initial burst and rise to one knee. She pointed the gun in Akamatsu's general direction and pulled the trigger, not aiming, not expecting to hit anything, not even really expecting it to fire.

This time, though, it did, the recoil throwing her off balance and back to the ground, leaving her open.
Current characters:

Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:
[+] spoiler
The Program V1:

The Program V2:

SOTF-TV V1:

SOTF-TV V2:

Second Chances V1:

Second Chances V2:

BR AU:

SOTF Evolution:

VIRTUA SOTF:

Brackie
Veteran
Brackie
Veteran

July 23rd, 2010, 7:16 am #13

The charge had worked a lot better than Yoshio expected. Mizuho had flown across the floor, and lost the gun. Grittingly, he lost his aim and missed Mizuho, only sending splinters flying through the air like fireworks on New Years.

Crap, that's not good...

He was long past caring about the moral and ethical implications of what he was doing. All he had to do now was kill Mizuho, who had just tried to kill him. As Mizuho regained herself, she aimed and fired at him, sending a slug flying through the air and hitting him in the pelvis.

This sent him flying as well. Back into the wall, as well. At that moment, with two fresh wounds on him, before the pain could properly register, he keeled over at the wall, and got a good look at the untouched canisters.

Warning, Inflammable: Do not ignite or hold to open flame.

Not clearly thinking anymore, Yoshio grabbed it with all his strength, and the split second before the real pain of the bullet in his skin started to register, he threw it at Mizuho. This should slow her down. That, and the fact that she only had a singular bullet in her gun's chamber.

The pain of the new wound wasn't any wildly new experience to Yoshio. This was simply a new piercing to the skin to him, more blood to deal with. Like all wounds, it would have to wait. He had a crazy girl with a gun to deal with.

Yoshio, slumped against the wall, raised his gun again with his left hand. It was visibly shaking, the pain of his older wound still fresh.

"...It doesn't have to be like this. We have these guns, this grenade. We can survive until the end! We can take out everyone who ever picked on us! Mitsuko! Yoshimi! I already took out the Kiriyama Gang! We can make this our island! And then...." Yoshio thought for a moment, then came up with his continuation "...We can have a fight to the death. You could take me out in a glorious explosion! Wouldn't you like that? Wouldn't you want to take that chance of US, the most picked on kids in the entire class, coming out as the most dangerous and glorious people on the island?"

Things are not always
Things are not always
How they seem
They don't turn out always
Don't quite turn out always
How you think
Will we be ready?

Yoshio knew deep down it was a futile effort. If this girl really wanted to survive, she wanted to take revenge on her killer. He was her only target now. He was only delaying the inevitable.

"COME ON MIZUHO! WE CAN SURVIVE! DO YOU THINK KAORI AND MEGUMI WOULD REALLY LEAVE YOU ALIVE IF THEY HAD THE CHOICE? IT'S JUST US NOW!"

[+] spoiler
Chanel - ♡ - 51/53
♥ -
Matthew - ☿ - 27/53
- - -
Ω - Ω - Ω
Ramona - Boom. - 40/47
- -
Cameo - Gasp. - 7/47

MurderWeasel
Mini Maestro
MurderWeasel
Mini Maestro

July 23rd, 2010, 8:17 am #14

As she righted herself, Mizuho realized that, somehow against all odds, she had hit Akamatsu. She watched for a second as the red stain spread from the wound she had inflicted, and wondered how it had come to this. In a matter of seconds, she and Yoshio had gone from friends to mortal enemies.

Before she could react, Akamatsu had hurled a tank of some sort at her. It smashed into her, knocking her off balance again. She scrambled back up once more, trying desperately to get moving before her opponent could line up a shot. She wasn't moving quickly. That tank had been heavy, had knocked the wind right out of her. She saw that he had his gun pointed at her, and flinched, prepared for the shots, but they didn't come. Instead, he started talking. It was pure fantasy, his words. It was exactly what Mizuho had wanted, just a short while ago, but now... Now she knew it could never be. They were badly hurt, both of them. Akamatsu was probably worse off, but she had lost a lot of blood on her trek to the clinic. Neither of them would be making it to the end.

And, what was more, she found she just didn't want to help Akamatsu out in any way. The last few seconds had caused Mizuho to revise her opinion of him. He wasn't a monster, but he was not a good person either. He just was. He was a kid who always got picked on. He wasn't particularly bright, or tough, or good at anything. He was just a normal guy, but normal in the wrong ways, so he got singled out. He got harassed and made fun of and bullied, and as soon as the chance had arisen, he had turned around and used his newfound power to get revenge, to torment his tormentors. It was another way they were alike. Akamatsu had just had better means. Had Mizuho gotten her hands on that gun, they could have been in each other's places right now. Would she have hesitated to shoot Souma through the skull, given the opportunity? She couldn't say for sure.

But now, she could see that all clearly. She could see everything so clearly. She could see everything she had done, the entire horror of their situation. She had tried so hard to disassociate herself from it, to carry herself away, but the was no escape. Imagination was nothing more than a crutch, a weakness. She hadn't been a different person when she was pretending to be a warrior. She had just been faking it, and the time for that was long past.

None of that mattered. All that was left was this room, and Akamatsu looking at her. Painfully, Mizuho leveled her gun. She almost pulled the trigger, but she figured that, after all of this, he deserved at least a reply.

"I'm sorry, Yoshio," she said. "I can't do that. I don't know what Kaori and Megumi would do. I guess it doesn't matter anymore."

She almost added something else. Something stupid, like "Thanks for being my friend, just for a while," but there was nothing more to say. This was the end.

Her hand was shaking badly as she pulled the trigger again and again and again.

*BANG*

*click*

*click*

*click*

*click*
Current characters:

Assorted flora and fauna

SOTF-TV V2:
[+] spoiler
The Program V1:

The Program V2:

SOTF-TV V1:

SOTF-TV V2:

Second Chances V1:

Second Chances V2:

BR AU:

SOTF Evolution:

VIRTUA SOTF:

Brackie
Veteran
Brackie
Veteran

July 23rd, 2010, 10:27 am #15

It seemed as though Mizuho would relent. It was hard to see through Mizuho's eyes, but...the next words and actions certainly put an end to that thought. The denial of any opportunity of an alliance on this damned island started the waterworks again.

She had the gun, and one bullet left. The gun, aimed at him, fired again, and started to click again. He didn't even notice that time that the final bullet in her final gun was now lodged in his right shoulder. The pain was simply inconsequential. All that mattered was now repaying her for that generous gesture.

Smiling, Yoshio compressed his finger on the trigger again.

He knew that he would have to face someone again sooner or later, so he made sure to anticipate this. Rather than leaving him short, he remembered reloading on the way to this place. This bloodbath as it now was, it was a wise choice. So as soon as the clicking stopped, a new sound filled the air, that of his Ingram Mac-10's rattling of the chamber inside his gun.

He held it steady, despite the recoil trying to push it out of place, and after a few seconds, the second and final clip of his gun was finally empty, all emptied in Mizuho's direction. Once the chamber was empty, Yoshio's killing mechanical weapon fell out of his hands, and Yoshio slumped over to his side, the world suddenly being turned 90 degrees to the side.

As the world started to get blurry, he started to think. If he had simply used his mind to think, this never would have happened.

What could have happened if Megumi hadn't come, if she wasn't dead right now?

Would Izumi, Mayumi, and him be alive and well by now, finding a place to barricade themselves and ride the whole thing out, until someone, ANYONE, could have saved them?

Would he have found his friends, Yutaka, Yuichiro, and been with them in their last moments before dying of some sort of less painful demise?

Would someone who had a chance of going far have simply pushed him off the cliff when he wasn't looking, like Mizuho...Mizuho...

If it had been any other time, any other moment, any other lifetime, would they have worked out? Yoshio didn't like to think about crushes and stuff like that he'd never have, but...he had always like Mizuho. She was weird at school, but her mind....it must have been beautiful. To live such a life like that, be able to create your own worlds, it's something Yoshio would have liked to have. Her imagination, her mind...and her. Oh god, it was like a stupid teen romance, right? It would never have worked.

Yoshio couldn't close his eyes. He would die looking at her. The girl he had just realised he had a crush on all his schooling life. The girl who could have been friends with him. The girl who could have stayed with him to the end. The girl he had just killed. The girl who just killed him.

No, his eyes would be open for now. His water filled, teary, and now very heavy eyes.

[+] spoiler
Chanel - ♡ - 51/53
♥ -
Matthew - ☿ - 27/53
- - -