SonicNews - Event Calendar

SSF1991
Advanced Member
SSF1991
Advanced Member

December 6th, 2011, 2:35 am #1

Since SonicNews on SP has frequent events every month I figured a calendar for such is in order. All times are Eastern.

Every three months the calendar will get updated. I'll make sure to post a reply to notify you guys when there's been an update. To find more information about each event, look below the calendar.

NEXT UPDATE: Mid-January

September
22nd - Autumn Mario Marathon

October
5th - Sonic Adventure 2 HD/NiGHTS HD Release Party
28th - SonicNews Show: Halloween Edition
30th - Isaac's Halloween Horrorthon

November
16th - All Stars Racing Transformed Release Party
18th - SonicNews Show: Thanksgiving Edition
22nd - Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Stream

December
21st - Doomsday Bindathon
22nd - Mistletoe Mega Man Marathon
23rd - SonicNews Show: Christmas Edition
26th - New Year's Pinball Dropathon
31st/Jan. 1st - Time Square Ball Drop Stream

Lots to cover but here we go...

September 22nd: The arrival of autumn, for me personally, will be a welcome sight. I don't know about you guys but I plan to celebrate the new season with a steaming marathon! I figured I'd try again to stream some Mario games again. The game list will be the same but from Noon to Midnight Eastern I'll be streaming Mario games from the 80s all the way to the late 90s!

October 5th: Sonic Adventure 2 HD comes out on this date, along with NiGHTS Into Dreams HD, so let us mark the occasion with a release party. Join me from 3am to 8am on this date as we wait for both games to come out on Xbox Live! Let the Omochao abuse begin! Again!

October 28th: The first holiday themed SonicNews Show of the year will take place at the usual time (6pm Eastern/11pm UK) to mark the approach of Halloween. I wasn't able to do any themed shows last year but I intend on changing that for this year. The show will be a spooky one, I assure you! Expect lots of pumpkins, creepy music, memories of Halloweens past, and more! Did I mention...spiders?

October 30th: The Binding of Isaac (Wrath of The Lamb). Why I thought this would work as a Halloween related stream I'll never know. Nevertheless expect a 3 hour stream, from 6pm to 9pm Eastern, of it. We'll see how good I do, I guess! Oh yeah and spiders.

November 16th: Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed's first release date, for Europe, is on this day so why not celebrate with a release day party? Throughout the day it's time to completely open up about the game, check out the latest details as videos of the game start pouring in and we FINALLY get some clue on all of the game's contents. This stream will be an all day affair, from 8am to 9pm Eastern.

November 18th: Another holiday themed SonicNews Show! This time it's Thanksgiving. Again at the usual time, (6pm Eastern/11pm UK), we'll be marking the rapid approach of Turkey Day in the USA the only way possible: food. Lots of it. Memories of past Thanksgivings will be discussed and the arrival of the winter holiday season will no doubt be a topic as well!

November 22nd: Just because it's Thanksgiving Day itself doesn't mean the streams will take a break! Remember when Sonic made his grand return to the annual Macy's Parade? Get ready to watch parade coverage once more! From 8am to 1pm Eastern I'll be providing a stream feed of the parade as it goes on. As of right now, (August 21st, 2012) it's unknown whether Sonic will be at this year's parade. Whether he does or not come watch the show as each balloon float, marching band, and more are seen 15-30 minutes before it's seen on TV!

December 21st: Holy crap this will be a busy month! This is also supposed to be the LAST month we have to live. It's the end of the world as we know it but I feel fine. I feel so fine that I'm going to stream a bunch of The Binding Of Isaac from Noon to 3pm Eastern just because this day is supposed to be the last of our lives. Heh?

December 22nd: Mega Man Marathon. Let's try this again, shall we? The game list, again, will be the same this year but from 1pm to 11pm Eastern I'll be streaming Mega Man games from the 80s all the way to the mid-90s! May as well celebrate Christmas like a boss, right?

December 23rd: The holiday celebration continues the next day (I'm craving egg nog already) with a SonicNews Show that's sure to bring toys under your tree! I'll be playing Christmasy Sonic music, remembering Christmases long ago, and hoping some good stuff ends up on sale for sweet prices! Okay it'll probably be more of the former two than that last one but you know what I mean. There's also going to be times where we'll recall the year's events for Sega, Sonic, and more. I'll be giving my yearly report card for the community, games, and Sega as a whole. I will also give my Sonic & Sega predictions for 2013. All of that will be about a week before I'll be publishing these same grades and predictions in the annual SP News "Supersonic Year In Review" article. Why is that so? Because this is also going to be the final SonicNews Show of 2012, the season finale! What a year it's been for the show and for all of us. It's going to be a nice send off to 2012! Let's make this show the best one ever! The special will air at the usual time, 6pm Eastern/11pm UK.

December 26th: Everyone loves pinball. Maybe that's just me. Hey, we like seeing shiny balls drop every New Year's so let's see shiny lights and balls! Starting at Noon Eastern, I'll be playing nothing but pinball games from the 80s and 90s! Notice that I didn't give an end time for once. That's because the stream won't end until I get a grand total from of 5 billion points, an amount combined with all the final scores I get from the pinball games! The game list will be announced in November but expect Sonic Spinball to be played. Again. You know you love it.

December 31st/January 1st: I guess it's only fair to have one last stream for 2012. I guess it's also fair for it to be the first stream of 2013 as well! From 5:00pm on December 31st, 2012 to 4:00am on January 1st, 2013 (Eastern), it's time to complete 2012 and roll in 2013! The stream will begin two hours before 2013 hits in the UK and end one hour after the West Coast of the US enters 2013. As each time zone reaches a new year, come have fun! Expect me to be "dressed up" for the occasion. The stream will really kick off into high gear at 9pm Eastern as the coverage of the New Year's celebrations in Time Square unfold on the Sonic Paradox stream for the first time! The ball drops, I disappear for 2 minutes to watch that happen with my family only to return to the stream in 2013, and more! Even though Dick Clark is tragically no longer with us (RIP), we can still have a good time nonetheless! Happy 2013!

That's all! Phew. The calendar for the rest of 2012 is in the books. My, how fast this year has gone! Mid-January 2013 will see the next update! Enjoy the rest of 2012 and have a great Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, et cetera, et cetera, et freaking cetera!

I hope to see you at one of these events!

~~SSF1991
Last edited by SSF1991 on December 21st, 2012, 3:55 pm, edited 13 times in total.
See this hand I'm holding in front of my face? Is it handsome? Is it clean? Good, because I'm married to it.

Don't tell it that I had an affair with my left foot, though.

http://ask.fm/SSF1991

SSF1991
Advanced Member
SSF1991
Advanced Member

January 11th, 2012, 7:16 am #2

With the winter schedule halfway done I figure I can tease you guys with some hints on what has been scheduled up to July and confirm what has been already known.

- You probably know that I'm planning a streaming marathon for my birthday in a few months. I plan to play a bunch of games I used to play and/or watch as a kid. Yes, Spinball will return again. Sonic 2 on the Genesis will as well.

- Easter MIGHT have something good...

- Don't expect much for the majority of May.

- Those who hope to see another round of Pre-E3 Coverage and E3 coverage...you guys maaaaaaaaaay get another chance.

- Summer of Sonic coverage will depend on whether it even happens this year and when. At this time it is not yet known.

- A stream on July 4th has a 50% chance.

- There will likely be a SonicNews Show birthday episode to mark the show turning a year old. Any other special edition SonicNews Show episodes are simply unknown at the moment.

- There's also something being planned that isn't a definite right now but if it turns out that it can happen it could turn out to be the biggest highlight of the year for me and may have one or more significant streamings. Here's a hint: I lied that I scheduled things up to July. This is even later on in the year. Much later.

I miiiiiiight have revealed too much. I know I haven't revealed everything though. You can probably figure out a few things hinted. This can really be the case if you have more info because I speak to you on Skype frequently and have seen streams that I can be heard in. Expect to find out more information sometime in February when the March, April, and May 2012 SonicNews Event calendar comes out but don't expect every hint I gave to be covered.

That's what info you guys get for now but more will be coming soon!

~~SSF1991
See this hand I'm holding in front of my face? Is it handsome? Is it clean? Good, because I'm married to it.

SSF1991
Advanced Member
SSF1991
Advanced Member

February 16th, 2012, 2:01 am #3

The calendar for March, April, and May is now out. I also included a special bit of June due to the E3 coverage that will be taking place. Yep, the entire coverage schedule for E3 2012 has been announced!

Unlike last E3, interruptions shouldn't be a problem.
Last edited by SSF1991 on February 16th, 2012, 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

SSF1991
Advanced Member
SSF1991
Advanced Member

March 25th, 2012, 6:01 pm #4

Here's the gamelist for my birthday stream, categorized by console:

NES:
Skate or Die 2: The Search for Double Trouble
Super Mario Bros. 3

SNES:
Super Mario World (Another 100% Run)
Yoshi's Island
Tetris 2
Troy Aikman NFL Football
Super Pinball: Behind The Mask
Super Mario Kart

Donkey Kong Country
Super Mario All-Stars
Timon & Pumbaa's Jungle Games
Super Ghouls'n Ghosts
Wheel of Fortune
Rock n' Roll Racing

NINTENDO 64:
Super Mario 64 (Not sure how well this will go)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (No way in hell I'll be doing the whole story)
Banjo Kazooie (I'll play this as long as I can until I want to move on)
Mario Kart 64
Yoshi's Story
Crusin' USA
Star Fox 64 (Not sure about a 100% run, we'll see)

GENESIS:
Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (I'll try to get all the emeralds)
Sonic Spinball
Boogerman
Mega Twins AKA Chiki Chiki Boys

If there's still plenty of time I'll play some old Game Boy Advance games that I used to play back in 2003/2004/2005:

Pokemon Pinball: Ruby & Sapphire
Pokemon Sapphire Edition
Mario vs. Donkey Kong
Sonic Advance
Mario Pinball Land

This list may change at any time before April 16th/17th.
Last edited by SSF1991 on March 29th, 2012, 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SSF1991
Advanced Member
SSF1991
Advanced Member

March 29th, 2012, 6:27 pm #5

Ubisoft is the first to date their E3 conference: June 4th. There is no specific time yet but the upcoming E3 coverage will reflect on the times of the conferences.
Last edited by SSF1991 on March 29th, 2012, 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SSF1991
Advanced Member
SSF1991
Advanced Member

April 17th, 2012, 2:11 am #6

June 4th at 1pm Eastern (6pm in the UK) will be the date of Microsoft's E3 conference.

Ubisoft's conference was already known to be on June 4th but now an exact time is known: 6pm Eastern (11pm UK).

June 4th at 9pm Eastern (2am on the 5th in the UK) will be the date of Sony's E3 conference.

It's safe to assume that, while it's not official yet, Nintendo's conference will be on June 5th sometime between 9am and noon like it has been for the last few years.

It's still unknown if Konami will have another conference like last year's.

Again, the times for the upcoming E3 schedule will reflect this new information.

EDIT: Due to the later times for the conferences, along with an adjustment for the 5th, the times have been changed for the 4th and 5th. The times for E3 Coverage will now be set from 9am to 12am Eastern time on June 4th. This added an extra few hours to the amount of coverage on that day. However the 5th has had two hours taken away. That day's coverage will now start at 8am but end at 6pm Eastern instead of 8pm like before. I'll make more updates if there's any other time changes.
Last edited by SSF1991 on April 17th, 2012, 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

SSF1991
Advanced Member
SSF1991
Advanced Member

April 20th, 2012, 6:28 am #7

The date and time that EA's conference will be on has been announced. Here's an overall schedule of conferences known so far:

Monday, June 4
* Microsoft - 12:30 PM
* Electronic Arts - 4:00 PM
* Ubisoft - 6:00 PM
* Sony - 9:00 PM

Tuesday, June 5
TBD

Source: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... edule.aspx

All times are in Eastern. The date and time of Nintendo's conference is still not known and Konami has still not announced that they're doing a conference either, and if so, when.

As stated already, the times of the E3 coverage will reflect upon this. More information will no doubt come in within the next week or two as the pre-E3 coverage nears.

I just realized it too, but my E3 coverage begins in exactly one month from now! With my birthday now a memory it's time to look towards E3 2012!

~~SSF1991
Last edited by SSF1991 on April 20th, 2012, 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

SSF1991
Advanced Member
SSF1991
Advanced Member

May 1st, 2012, 10:33 pm #8

Nintendo, probably the last company on the list of companies that were to confirm the date and time of their conferences at E3 this year, has confirmed theirs. The date/time can be seen below.

Monday, June 4
* Microsoft - 12:30 PM
* Electronic Arts - 4:00 PM
* Ubisoft - 6:00 PM
* Sony - 9:00 PM

Tuesday, June 5
* Nintendo - 12:00 PM

Source:
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... edule.aspx

Again, all times are in Eastern. As a result of the times for conferences for June 5th being known, pretty much, at this time, the E3 coverage on June 5th will now start at 9am Eastern instead of 8. However, it will now end at 7pm Eastern, instead of 6.

Unless Konami comes out of the blue with another conference for this year it's safe to say that all the times are now final and that we now know all of the conferences that will be taking place at E3. If there's any other time changes, or if Konami does announce that they'll be having an E3 2012 conference, you'll know.

For now it's time to prepare for the first hour of E3 coverage on May 20th!

~~SSF1991

SSF1991
Advanced Member
SSF1991
Advanced Member

May 4th, 2012, 11:35 pm #9

Okay so the final SonicNews Show before the E3 coverage will be on May 20th at 4pm Eastern/9pm UK time. Due to this the E3 coverage will begin on the 21st. To make up for this day taken away, the May 21st to 31st Pre-E3 coverage will go for TWO hours instead of one.

~~SSF1991

SSF1991
Advanced Member
SSF1991
Advanced Member

May 22nd, 2012, 4:43 am #10

I've made one last adjustment to the E3 coverage in June and it's a big one. No longer are the hours of coverage smaller than they were last year. In fact it's MORE than last year. Why did I do this? I'm expecting more E3 videos being released than I initially thought, along with time to show them all off.

There's exactly 92 hours of E3 coverage (including the hours already made) now. This is because I've brought all the times for the days of E3 coverage in June to more constant times. Each E3 June coverage day will begin at 9am. Also each of those same days will end at 8pm. The only exception to the latter change is June 4th which will end at 2am since Sony's conference will be very late.

Another reason for the earlier times? With the constant start times it will be easier for you guys, and I, to remember.

I hope you guys enjoy this huge amount of coverage. The stream is going to be in overdrive for the next 2 weeks!

~~SSF1991
Last edited by SSF1991 on May 22nd, 2012, 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.