July 1st, 2014, 12:27 am #71

I have a small, question. In the Sonic Shorts, each short had a signature icon avatar of the animator on the top right corner. Should we do that here too?

ImPantsAtThis
Advanced Member
ImPantsAtThis
Advanced Member

July 1st, 2014, 1:04 am #72

RabidBadger1632 wrote:I have a small, question. In the Sonic Shorts, each short had a signature icon avatar of the animator on the top right corner. Should we do that here too?
I believe so, yes.
Edison Trent doesn't need a quote. He has edited .ini files

Amnimate
Advanced Member
Amnimate
Advanced Member

August 28th, 2014, 4:52 pm #73

Are any Persona or Shin Megami Tensei shorts allowed? They weren't published by SEGA but now that SEGA purchased ATLUS all future Persona games and rereleases are from SEGA now.

ShadowRemix
Advanced Member
ShadowRemix
Advanced Member

August 28th, 2014, 9:04 pm #74

JellyBeanBlade wrote:Are any Persona or Shin Megami Tensei shorts allowed? They weren't published by SEGA but now that SEGA purchased ATLUS all future Persona games and rereleases are from SEGA now.
I do believe at this point in time that answer is no. Reason for this may be due to the fact that these were acquisitions and not games published by and/or had any SEGA involvement in creative aspects.

More info will hopefully made available as it can be given.
"If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth."

~Louis
~Jacob's Ladder

Amnimate
Advanced Member
Amnimate
Advanced Member

August 29th, 2014, 10:25 am #75

Thanks for the reply! But publishing a game and acquiring a company are just about equal in actual involvement though. A lot of times games are published by different companies in different regions so I don't see why acquiring a company doesn't count as it being SEGA while publishing in one place does. I do understand your reasoning though.

Jinsoku
Advanced Member
Jinsoku
Advanced Member

August 29th, 2014, 11:58 am #76

Well if you justify it like that then Batman, Lora Croft, Kane and Lynche, The Full Metal Alchemist characters, and half the cast of Soul Eater are all now Final fantasy characters and must duke it out with Sepiroth! XD Sense Square published said games of these characters but didn't make the game.
Last edited by Jinsoku on August 29th, 2014, 12:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
a lapp dapp dapp a dibi dabi din labba dip dan din lan den lan do wa ba lip dap dap ba lipp ba libb ba libbi libbi libbi dab den lan do yabba rin lan den lan dei allo wada barugu rugu rugu rugu dei abu warippa rin dan den rando raga taka taka duu duu dei yabu

Amnimate
Advanced Member
Amnimate
Advanced Member

August 29th, 2014, 12:10 pm #77

^That's what I mean! If Bayonetta is allowed then how is Persona not? All publishing does is throw SEGA's logo in the splash screen even if they weren't very involved. Acquiring a company means SEGA is actually funding the games and rereleases while publishing it just puts it in the hands of retailers.

Jinsoku
Advanced Member
Jinsoku
Advanced Member

August 29th, 2014, 1:08 pm #78

Some what of a point. Yes Sega now funds Atlas and its productions. But you still have to keep in mind that no one from Sega touch the game, they just give the money to make it then take a cut from the profits it makes. But as said before its really undecided, I personality say no just because Atlas never started out as SEGA as when Bayonetta came out she started out under Sega which i think is the reason shes considered one. Not to mention all her references to After burner in her first game and suttle hints to other Sega games.
a lapp dapp dapp a dibi dabi din labba dip dan din lan den lan do wa ba lip dap dap ba lipp ba libb ba libbi libbi libbi dab den lan do yabba rin lan den lan dei allo wada barugu rugu rugu rugu dei abu warippa rin dan den rando raga taka taka duu duu dei yabu

Amnimate
Advanced Member
Amnimate
Advanced Member

August 29th, 2014, 1:30 pm #79

Actually, you have a point. The problem is that if we're just basing it off of publishers then it can get pretty inaccurate. For example, if this was Nintendo Shorts Bayonetta would still be eligible because Nintendo also published it. I just think there should be a tad bit more clarification over what's Sega and what's not. For example, we all know Skies of Arcaida is considered as Sega here but it was developed by Overworks which was later purchased by Sega. Granted it was a Dreamcast exclusive at the time and published by SEGA, it may not have had much help from SEGA in development because they were its own company at the time. I'd argue Persona should be allowed because of both the confusion and to allow less Sonic shorts in Sega shorts. That and since Sega went as far as to give Atlus permission to revive any Sega series they want they're basically an integrated part of Sega now while at the same time having their independence when it comes to development.
Last edited by Amnimate on August 29th, 2014, 2:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

JohnTheNerd

September 22nd, 2014, 8:11 pm #80

Just wondering, is Fantasy Zone allowed?
I'm currently writing a game for the ZX Spectrum 16K called Cuboid Captor. You must roam a 3D maze whilst avoiding the Cuboid Captor.