#1 - You must be age 13 or older.
#2 - No Drama - If you have beef with someone leave it in your own server
#3 - Be nice and respect all other users.
#4 - Easy on the swearing, we'll allow it but don't go overboard and hurt peoples feelings.
#5 - No NSFW unless its part of the Sonic Shits 3 project.
#6 - Its ok to self promote as long as you don't constantly spam it or if it is relevant to a voice conversation.
#7 - Shut up Donnie.
Punishments if broken:
Strike 1: Warning
Strike 2: Mute or Kick for 24 hours
Strike 3: You'll be ban from this server.
If something escalates pretty badly (Ex. Slander, False accusations, etc.) The mods will be skipping all the strikes and automatically ban you. No what, ifs or buts.
Invite link: https://discord.gg/b4BmAXt
Feel free to join and feel like home, dont be dumb, and have a nice time :)
Ciao! Skype TNG was fun while it lasted!~
It's really great to see that new people are still joining the SP Forums. Many of them are REALLY talented and have the capability to be an important and integral part of SP one day, able to contribute great things and make strong connections. Although the forums are a fine method of presenting the work and showing talent, there's a heavy lack of communication among all types of members in general. Of course, this is not anyone's fault, because forums are not as fast, convenient or active, but this creates a gap between the newer/normal members and the higher ups (who can't respond as often and notice the things around because they're too busy). Forums also do not show the communicative and the teamwork skills as much.
However, there are plenty of talented and creative people who definitely have the potential to contribute and be great future members of Sonic Paradox, and for that reason, Recorderdude and I came up with the solution of a proper Skype Group for the newer/normal members. Not only will this make the entire process of discovering talents easier, but it will also provide a platform for like minded members to communicate and come up with good suggestions/ideas! (To be honest, making nice friends is a good thing, at the end of the day! :))
This is not the first SP TNG group, though. A previous group for such members did exist, but it eventually broke down due to various reasons, including lack of coordination and immaturity. That doesn't means it was a bad idea, though! (Two members got promoted and a member is now part of the official SP higher-up group) But it also means that some rules have to be implemented (All of these are made on the basis of previous experience with the old SP:TNG, more might be added as needed.):
1) No pointless meme spamming. It looks stupid and encourages you to be stupid, on top of the fact that memes lose their humor pretty quickly.
2) Please respect other members of TNG, and if they're upsetting you, talk it out to them in a private convo or report it to me or Recorderdude.
3) We are glad to have people around in SP and the TNG group, and sometimes, might show previews of behind the scenes info/videos to get suggestions for improvements. However, Please keep any behind the scenes Sonic Paradox work limited to the group if shown. We don't like releasing early WIPs because people reupload them and make us look bad/take away hype from the final project.
4) PLEASE don't be a tryhard*. You've got a MUCH better chance of ascending in SP if you just be yourself instead of trying to force yourself to be constantly funny and likable. If you hide your personality behind jokes, you might not end up being very well accepted.
5) If you ask for constructive criticism, be ready for it to be critical, too. you need to know what you did wrong to grow.
6) Try being communicative, even if we like your work and you get promoted in the forums does NOT mean you will get promoted into the higher SP group. You've got to prove that you can be communicative and an acceptable person to be around.
7) New people are nice but no normal member may add any new member without my or Recorderdude's permission.
8) With occurrences of many new members who want to join immediately after joining the forums, we have a new rule, or perhaps, CONDITIONS FOR JOINING:
b) Have made five posts deemed to be of good quality (no meme-spamming, awful ideas, or quick responses. Forum games do not count, but any topic involving posting your thoughts on a situation, game, life, or showing creative work does.)
When you request membership, one of us(Recorderdude or Sweet_lil_eliza) will examine your join date and posts and respond with a decision within three days.
You can either post your Skype username in this thread, or PM me or Recorderdude your Skype name so either of us can add you. Don't worry, we don't bite :) (unless you're a pizza).
If you behave well and prove yourself to be worth it, you WILL be promoted. However, we want patience and understanding. Also, regarding this, the final decision is Recorderdude's, and we'd like you all to be polite to both of us.
*This means we don't want you to put on a show, acting like you're perfect, and don't want you to end up trying everything by yourself. I got in solely because of my art skills (not even animation) and my attitude towards SP, and I'm honestly no one special. Just be the person you are, we're sure we'd be fine with it (exceptions exist, but we'd try to offer help, at least).
Also, this isn't solely about ascending in SP, it's about having fun and making creative things!
Here's hoping for the progress of many members! We'll see ya in the skype group!
Members right now:
|List of members|
|sweet_lil_eliza||Co Moderator, PR [F=Privileged member] [OSP]|
|Halo||Group member [F=Moderator] [OSP]|
|SpeedySpikes||Group member [F=Animator]|
|Dr Mack Foxx||Group member [OSP] [F= Musician]|
|ShadowRemix||Group member[OSP] [F= Deep Fried Techie]|
OSP stands for official Sonic Paradox member
F=(enter text here) stands for designation on the forums (default is member)[/s]