Hoo boy, Godkin

January 26th, 2016, 11:34 pm #1

So apparently Godkin is a thing now, and it is just as ridiculous as it sounds. Now, for your convenience, all your favourite Gods and Goddesses are packed neatly into teenage form, as the latest craze in the otherkin community is being a vessel for the Gods.

You can worship them, you can give them pretty offerings, heck! You can even donate via PayPal.

And we thought the angelkin over a decade ago were bad....?

January 27th, 2016, 12:48 am #2

Never heard of them. I blame the game Witcher :) I know they made those little Goddlings too damned cute

January 27th, 2016, 2:16 am #3

I haven't seen that game yet, I'm still slugging through skyrim bahaha.

But yeah, it's a concept that I think has been appropriated from the Hindu belief in avatars, as close as I can make it. Teenagers believing they have been chosen by deities to house part of their spirit and in essence become God like themselves. It's an interesting new phenomenon. The anthropologist in me find it very curious lol.

January 31st, 2016, 3:54 am #4

Oh, good. It's not just me. I thought I had fallen out of touch with things. It intrigues me, but I have a hard time with the concept. I, myself, feel a strong spiritual connection with Aphrodite, but I'm so not her. 
 Angelus:
Passion. It lies in all of us. Sleeping... ...waiting... And
though unwanted... ...unbidden... it will stir...open its jaws, and
howl. It speaks to us... guides us... Passion rules us all. And we obey.
What other choice do we have?
Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love... the clarity of hatred... and the ecstasy of grief.
It hurts sometimes more than we can bear. If we could live without
passion, maybe we'd know some kind of peace. But we would be hollow.
Empty rooms, shuttered and dank... Without passion, we'd be truly dead.

April 4th, 2016, 7:51 am #5

Yep godkin are a thing now and have been for awhile heh. Fictionkin as well.