echo weedeater wont start

echo weedeater wont start

plamer
plamer

May 30th, 2004, 2:42 am #1

my echo weed eater wont start i put new gas/oil in it rebuilt the carb i have cleaned the carb with wd40 tested the on off switch and have a nice blue spark off the plug(did not change the plug) i have did the screw adjustment to 1 1/2 turns off and when i pull it have gas coming out the exhust what now?

david
david

June 4th, 2004, 2:43 am #2

did you replace the carb gastkets,if so make sure carb is properly tighten.if the carb is sucking air it will flood through the muffler

plamer
plamer

June 13th, 2004, 8:20 pm #3

this thing is still spitting gas from the muffler. it wanted to start for me once but after that out came gas the carb is tight the gasket is good i took the carb off again and cleaned it . the diaphram goes on before the gasket right?

June 20th, 2004, 3:57 am #4

my echo weed eater wont start i put new gas/oil in it rebuilt the carb i have cleaned the carb with wd40 tested the on off switch and have a nice blue spark off the plug(did not change the plug) i have did the screw adjustment to 1 1/2 turns off and when i pull it have gas coming out the exhust what now?
does it have good compression?if it does check to see if the exhaust screen is cloged good luck

joe
joe

July 4th, 2004, 3:10 am #5

what you really need is a priest

plamer
plamer

July 4th, 2004, 3:21 am #6

i think your right this thing is s#@t ANYONE OUT THERE READING THIS ...DON'T BUY ECHO!!!!!!

fishman
fishman

July 24th, 2004, 7:17 pm #7

i would swear we are trying to start the trimmer. i rebuilt the carb, cleaned the filter, have good spark, checked for compression, i can feel exhaust flow and smell fuel when pulling... it won't even cough when i give it starter fluid and that magic gas should be able to kick-start granny! what are we overlooking???

BIG ED
BIG ED

July 29th, 2004, 6:32 pm #8

REMEMBER ONE THING IF THE CYLINDER IS SCORED OR DAMAGED IT WILL KEEP THE ENGINE FROM STARTING THE BEST WAY TO INSPECT IT IS TO REMOVE THE MUFFLER GOOD LUCK

fishman
fishman

July 29th, 2004, 11:48 pm #9

I was spitting gas out the exhaust also, which indicates flooding. In my case, my needle valve was stuck open by a stiff diaphram. I did not replace it the first time through because I checked it for leaks and figured it was OK to re-use...big mistake. A couple extra bucks and I'm off to the races. This thing runs like a scalded dog once again!

Also heard that if the shaft key gets stripped your timing will be off and she won't start even though all else looks fine. Hope this helps.