roadster Ltd

Anything on building custom bicycles U wanna' talk about? Write it here...

roadster Ltd

TheHunner
Veterano!
TheHunner
Veterano!

25 Oct 2010, 18:55 #1

What's up, everyone?
I'm a newbie here and it's good to see all that's into this Dyno thing like I am. Here are some pictures of one of my roadster Ltds. Does anyone have some knowledge of how many were made in Black and in Red? Anyhow, glad to be here Cruz-R. :D

Dyno roadster Ltd

Shimano 4 speed shifter

Shimano 4 speed hub

I just like this picture

"almost new"

no lay downs

Dyno original grips

Dyno roadster Ltd "born on date"

Dave, on the left, original owner
TheHunner

TheHunner
Veterano!
TheHunner
Veterano!

25 Oct 2010, 18:58 #2

Dang! Sorry guys, not sure how to attach multiple images....
TheHunner

Killa74
Veterano!
Killa74
Veterano!

25 Oct 2010, 19:33 #3

TheHunner @ Mon Oct 25 2010 19:58 GMT +1 wrote: Dang! Sorry guys, not sure how to attach multiple images....

Welkom.
upload the pics to photobucket and then copie the img code into these text topics.
Ride it or Glide it, that's the question.

TheHunner
Veterano!
TheHunner
Veterano!

25 Oct 2010, 19:37 #4

Will do. Thanks Killa74!
TheHunner

DCycles
Old Timer!
DCycles
Old Timer!

27 Oct 2010, 00:42 #5

That is a very clean ride you have. Mike the original owner did a very good job in maintaining it in all original condition.

According to GT “By May 1997, retro-style bicycles were making a comeback. It’s why GT released the Dyno Roadster Ltd. model retailing at $490” I have no idea of how many were produced. So I contact GT Head Quarters.

In the transition of the GT headquarters from Santa Ana California to Colorado, records got lost or disposed of. I inquired directly with the present GT head quarters a couple of years ago to see what type of history they had available and to confirm some of the info I had about the Dyno Coaster, roadster and KK Cruiser and how the hole thing got started. After a second attempt a month later I got a half fast quick response of why they don’t have any prior company records and was directed to look for any GT history info in the BMX forums. Quite obvious that they had no clue of what I was talking about and was a waist of time.

In my opinion after GT CEO Richard Long past away in late 1996. The company’s future went along with him. The quality in GT bikes reflected on this as well. I’ve come across Dyno roadsters produced after 1997 with very poor quality. You would think that it would improve after the company was acquired in 1998 but unfortunately the quality was not there for these specialty bikes. The last generation Kustom Kruiser says it all. From the cheap tubing used to the way it’s welded, quality in the paint, hardware wheels used and no stamps anywhere to identify it’s authenticity. It’s nothing near the quality of the 1st generation Dyno Coaster.

When you ride a Coaster it’s smooth and it glides. Unlike a KK Cruiser frame is flexible and not rigid.

If you look at your serial number you can tell what number produced you have. Besides you know it’s a rare bike and not everyone has one. ESPECIALLY A LTD! So don’t change anything on it!

This forum has helped link up a lot of lost history for this now rare bike.

DCylces

TheHunner
Veterano!
TheHunner
Veterano!

27 Oct 2010, 05:09 #6

DCycles @ Wed Oct 27 2010 1:42 GMT +1 wrote:That is a very clean ride you have. Mike the original owner did a very good job in maintaining it in all original condition.

According to GT “By May 1997, retro-style bicycles were making a comeback. It’s why GT released the Dyno Roadster Ltd. model retailing at $490” I have no idea of how many were produced. So I contact GT Head Quarters.

In the transition of the GT headquarters from Santa Ana California to Colorado, records got lost or disposed of. I inquired directly with the present GT head quarters a couple of years ago to see what type of history they had available and to confirm some of the info I had about the Dyno Coaster, roadster and KK Cruiser and how the hole thing got started. After a second attempt a month later I got a half fast quick response of why they don’t have any prior company records and was directed to look for any GT history info in the BMX forums. Quite obvious that they had no clue of what I was talking about and was a waist of time.

In my opinion after GT CEO Richard Long past away in late 1996. The company’s future went along with him. The quality in GT bikes reflected on this as well. I’ve come across Dyno roadsters produced after 1997 with very poor quality. You would think that it would improve after the company was acquired in 1998 but unfortunately the quality was not there for these specialty bikes. The last generation Kustom Kruiser says it all. From the cheap tubing used to the way it’s welded, quality in the paint, hardware wheels used and no stamps anywhere to identify it’s authenticity. It’s nothing near the quality of the 1st generation Dyno Coaster.

When you ride a Coaster it’s smooth and it glides. Unlike a KK Cruiser frame is flexible and not rigid.

If you look at your serial number you can tell what number produced you have. Besides you know it’s a rare bike and not everyone has one. ESPECIALLY A LTD! So don’t change anything on it!

This forum has helped link up a lot of lost history for this now rare bike.

DCylces

Thanks for your reply DCycles! :)

Yes, Mike (his actual name is Dave. I don't know why I put Mike :blink: )...Yes, Dave really kept it in great condition. He only use it for truck shows that he was in. It was used as a decoration piece in the back of his show truck. He said he didn't even really ride the bike. He kept the bike in his living room for the rest of the time. He even gave me the little "leather sample", of the seat leather, that was hanging from the seat when he purchased it. I'll take a picture of it along with the serial number and post them as soon as I can. I have another black Ltd and a red Ltd. They are not in as good condition as the posted Ltd. I'll take pictures of them and post them too.

This past summer I was cruising at one of my local beaches, Huntington Beach CA, and I ran into another Dyno enthusiast. He mentioned that he talked to a prior GT employee that told him that there were only 25 red roadster Ltds made. Not sure how accurate that is but I just wanted to past that info along. Anyhow, I will not do anything to these Ltds but try to keep them in as original condition as possible. Thanks again for the reply and stay tuned for my future post.

TheHunner
TheHunner

DCycles
Old Timer!
DCycles
Old Timer!

28 Oct 2010, 19:03 #7

Stuck it big with that unique find TheHunner. Your very fortunate to have 3 Ltd's in your possession, your one lucky Dyno owner. I can stop looking for an LTD for my collection then. Knowing now how rare they are in numbers.

I've seen 2 Black Ltd's for the first time in real life here in my hometown San Jose California in June at the San Jose Bike Party (about 2,500 riders participated that night) these cool guys just rode up next to me. I looked over at the frame and could not believe my eyes. Cruised together for about 2 miles before parting our ways. These guys were the original owners of their bikes and they knew what they had.

FYI...Huntington Beach CA is the birth place of the Stretched Cruiser which started in the mid 80's

DCycles

TheHunner
Veterano!
TheHunner
Veterano!

29 Oct 2010, 03:45 #8

DCycles @ Thu Oct 28 2010 20:03 GMT +1 wrote: Stuck it big with that unique find TheHunner. Your very fortunate to have 3 Ltd's in your possession, your one lucky Dyno owner. I can stop looking for an LTD for my collection then. Knowing now how rare they are in numbers.

I've seen 2 Black Ltd's for the first time in real life here in my hometown San Jose California in June at the San Jose Bike Party (about 2,500 riders participated that night) these cool guys just rode up next to me. I looked over at the frame and could not believe my eyes. Cruised together for about 2 miles before parting our ways. These guys were the original owners of their bikes and they knew what they had.

FYI...Huntington Beach CA is the birth place of the Stretched Cruiser which started in the mid 80's

DCycles

That's pretty cool that you rode with those guys. That Bike Party most of been really cool too. I really haven't been on any rides like that. Matter of fact, not sure when and where they are in SoCal. I wish I knew. Wow, the Stretched Cruiser has been around for a while and really close to me. lol...

You probably noticed, but I resized the pictures on my 1st post. Hope it gives the bike some justice now.

TheHunner

DCycles
Old Timer!
DCycles
Old Timer!

29 Oct 2010, 07:45 #9

In the summer bike cruises in SoCal are always happening. A real good one that I plan to attend is planned to take place in May 2011. Follow me on Facebook, DCycles Coaster for upcoming info on future bike cruises, shows and events in California.

The bike scene is final growing up here in Nor Cal. This summer a bike event was practically taking place every day, sometimes 2-3 in one day. Beginning with Behind Bars Inc. Shiny Side Up show in San Jose that set it off. To a cruise and a show Cycle Fest in Sacramento. The monthly bike parties in San Jose, biggest one was in August over four thousand bikes attended. Check out this years pics: http://www.flickr.com/groups/san_jose_bike_party/pool/

East Bay and San Francisco also have their bike parties. To weekly Wednesday night cruises all year around held by various groups.

All you need to participate in these events is well built bike of any kind for the 10 to 30 mile ride/cruise. But it sure helps if you have a Dyno and a good spirit with no drama. I've met and cruised with a lot of people from different creed and various places. We all have one thing in common and that is to have a good time.

I'm looking forward to the next bike event happening Sat 11/06/10 The Cycle Showdown at the Cow Palace in San Francisco Ca. Held by my friends at Behind Bars Inc.

Don't forget to check me out on FB

DCycles

cruz-R
Veterano!
cruz-R
Veterano!

02 Nov 2010, 16:01 #10

Welcome Hunner!

Great bike you got there! LTD. wow! Say no more... ;)

I dont know if you have seen this topic:

http://z8.invisionfree.com/slownlow/index.php?showtopic=96

crewz'

Be who you are & say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind...

Visit my "MySpace" site at www.myspace.com/pedalscraper