Basic Vocabulary course

April 7th, 2015, 6:38 pm #1

Hello,
I would like to learn a simple slavic conlang like Slovianto or some upgraded Slovio(maybe like Slovioski?) just for the fun of it.

Right now I'm thinking about learning some Slovio or some Slovianto vocabulary.

It's easier to find some old slovio materials than materials of interslavic and so I'm asking myself if I should go for Slovio(despite the fact that I dislike a few thinks about that language).

The problem is, that I have no idea about slavic vocabulary and using the Interslavic dictionaries is quite confusing.

I would love to have a list of 200-500 basic Slovianto words and basic phrases.... do you have something like this?
If not you should think about creating something like this(in Slovianto or Medžuslovjanski)... it would make Interslavic much more accessible for learners.

Greetings Mauritio

April 8th, 2015, 8:41 am #2

I would strongly disrecommend you to learn Slovio because of its volapukized (counter-natural) grammar. If anything ever, I think you do much much better learning Slovianto.
Basic phrases dictionary ? I think it's interesting. Maybe you've got already such a list in some other Slavic language or at least in English ? Come and share, we'll try to translate.
Glasovanje je čista gluposť. Voting is a pure nonsense.
Pi?em slovjansky. I write Slovianski.

http://www.conlangs.fora.pl/index.php
http://steen.free.fr/interslavic/dynami ... onary.html
http://dict.interslavic.com/index.jsp

April 8th, 2015, 5:14 pm #3

Not only you, Mauritio, many people was speaking about this. We need things like course of Interslavic, but many people complain, and few works. F. ex. I translated some time ago some english pages of Interslavic in polish language for help to create the polish version, but the polish version I can't see. At the time Interslavic has actually NOTHING. You can see at the Novoslověnsky page, here are some courses, phrases, examples etcetera in english.
Sorry for my english, but I don't use it often.
Osnovno najva?njej?im jest ?iťje. Ale k?gda u?e jest ?iťje, najva?njej?a je svoboda.
A pot?m daje sę ?iťje za svobodų.
I u?e ne zna sę čto je najva?niej?im.

Marek Edelman

April 8th, 2015, 9:04 pm #4

Well, with phrases I mean basic sentences like the omniglot list or basic traveller phrases.
I actually would like to learn a simple conlang over full Interslavic with all it's grammar.

It would be great if we could set up a basic Slovianto/Interslavic vocabulary course on memrise.com, just like the memrise Slovio course.
You won't be a fluent speaker afterwards, but you will know words you need.

The problem is that I can't manage to find a good basic set of vocabs.... for example the word for boy is mladec and hlapec ....how am I supposed to know which one is the better word? And there are a lot of these....

It is quite hard to make a course in a language that I don't know....

April 8th, 2015, 9:12 pm #5

Doesn't have to be a super complex course.... just a list of words would be more than Interslavic ever had!

Look at this LFN "course": vocabulofundal

April 9th, 2015, 7:23 am #6

What languages do you know? I know italian, polish and english(english is not very brilliant).
We, I mean Siciliano, me and iopq, are doing conversations in Interslavic via Skype. If I can speak via Skype in Interslavic, I think that I will be able, with my hadicappated english, to clear you some things about slavic languages via Skype. When you will be able to talk in Interslavic you will conversate with us.
I never try to do this before, but it will be an interestig experience.
Osnovno najva?njej?im jest ?iťje. Ale k?gda u?e jest ?iťje, najva?njej?a je svoboda.

Marek Edelman

April 9th, 2015, 7:28 am #7

I speak German, English, Dutch and Interlingua.... I'm working on spanish right now and hopefully some basic slavic in the near future ^^

So I just began making a Slovianto course on memrise..... does anyone want to participate? Could need some help :-)

http://www.memrise.com/course/630724/basic-slovianto/

April 9th, 2015, 7:32 am #8

Well, your english isn't that bad ^^

Sure, I'm a skype user. I could give you my name, so that I can annoy you with questions if I have some

April 9th, 2015, 7:32 am #9

Ok, send me your Skype address on PM, and I will send you mine.

Marek Edelman

April 9th, 2015, 8:43 am #10

Mauritio wrote: for example the word for boy is mladec and hlapec ....how am I supposed to know which one is the better word? And there are a lot of these....
Usually, I would say that http://dict.interslavic.com/ is a good place to resolve such ambiguities, but unfortunately for 'boy' the corresponding entry has been not updated and contains old versions 'hlopec', 'mlodec'. I agree that should be clearly marked which form is preferred one, in this case 'hlapec' is the correct one - exists in Czech, Slovak, Ukrainian, Belarussian and Polish.

Obyčajno, az byh rekl, jako http://dict.interslavic.com/ jest dobro město čto by razrešiti takoje dvuznačnosti, no na žalost dlja 'boy' sootvětstvujuščij vpis ne byst aktualizovan i sodržit staryje versije 'hlopec' a 'mlodec'. Soglašu, jako dlžno byti jasno označeno kaja forma jest preferovana, v tom slučaji 'hlapec' jest pravilen - jestvujet v českom, slovackom, ukrainskom, bělaruskom i polskom.