Naval Coaster

This is a forum for newbies and beginners to post their first designs. Anything can be posted here but it must all be Shipbucket-style.

Naval Coaster

MC Spoilt B'stard

Jul 26 2010, 01:09 AM #1

Just a small fantasy class of 2 types of ships. Dry Cargo Coaster(DCC) & unfinished Multirole Tanker Coaster (MTC).

Dry Cargo Coaster 103 x 14 x 6,25 m full load 6200 T

Multirole Tanker Coaster 103 x 14 x 6,25 Full load 5800 T

Crew :
DCC 11+5
MTC 12+8

Max speed: 17 kts
Cruise speed : 15 kts
Endurance : 10 days

20 feet container capacity:
DCC: 189x
MTC: 24x

''Door geweld gedwongen"

''By violence forced''

Caption signature treaty with England by Johan de Witt

Thiel
Elite Member
Thiel
Elite Member

Jul 26 2010, 11:13 PM #2

MC Spoilt B'stard @ Jul 25 2010, 08:09 PM wrote: Just a small fantasy class of 2 types of ships. Dry Cargo Coaster(DCC) & unfinished Multirole Tanker Coaster (MTC).

Dry Cargo Coaster 103 x 14 x 6,25 m full load 6200 T

Multirole Tanker Coaster 103 x 14 x 6,25 Full load 5800 T

Crew :
DCC 11+5
MTC 12+8

Max speed: 17 kts
Cruise speed : 15 kts
Endurance : 10 days

20 feet container capacity:
DCC: 189x
MTC: 24x
Your terminology is rather confusing. Are these naval ships or civilian? I ask because on one hand you call them coasters (Small civilian multi purpose freighters), but on the other they have PT numbers.
Further, even if they are civilian, none of them are coasters, since there's no such thing as a container or tanker coaster.
Small container ships are called feeder ship, and tankers aren't categorized by size, but by cargo type. (Unless you're carrying crude)
In this case it would either be called a bunker ship or a product tanker.

Also, they don't have enough range. Today, no one builds freighters incapable of crossing the Atlantic.

Anyway, you'd do well to smoothen out the prop area, since what you have now is one big drag trap.
The bulbous bow you've used is, as far as I know, only used on fast ships like the big containerships. A more standard one will be more efficient for a 15 knot ship.
Mike_G[/URL wrote:Doctrine does advise targeting the rear armor, even more recently, when I was trained on the now obsolete Dragon, but that's like saying doctrine advises you to try to pick up only hot women.  A full on armored assault with supporting infantry is a bit like two minutes to closing time. You take any shot you can get, and hope for the best.
Source

MC Spoilt B'stard

Jul 27 2010, 01:01 AM #3

oke the name coaster could be wrong. In all they are millitairy ships but operated with civilian crews (like the RFA). The ships are actual real ship plans (from a turkish shipyard), so the bulb should be oke for this ship. I think i will drop the ''tanker'' vessel because i didnt like it myself. I designed them to support the smaller missions like mine couter & Law Enforcement missions in european waters.

''Door geweld gedwongen"

''By violence forced''

Caption signature treaty with England by Johan de Witt