Texas v. Red Sox - 05-12-06

Anything goes, as registered users can post any thoughts on a previous, current, or upcoming game. Want to question a managerial decision? Want to point out a statistical trend? Want to praise/blast a player's performance? This is the place to do it!

Mark Citrone
Silver Medalist
Mark Citrone
Silver Medalist

12 May 2006, 03:33 #1

Italia Azzurri - Il Campione Del Mondo 2006

Jill D
Don Mattingly Ate His Homework
Jill D

12 May 2006, 11:45 #2

Boy, the weather forecast looks like this could be a total-series washout. Not what we need to continue the momentum from last night's hard-fought comeback win. At this rate, by the time Clement pitches again, Matsui's wrist could be healed :unsure:
"2004 was for our parents and grandparents and everyone that suffered through eight decades. This is for us and our children and everybody in Red Sox Nation, that we can do it again." - Tom Werner 10/29/2007

"some people are dipped in shit, others are just dipshits." - TN, 11/18/2007

Joe
The 40-Year-Old Virgin
Joe
The 40-Year-Old Virgin

12 May 2006, 12:30 #3

From what I've heard they've got a slight chance tonight, virtually no chance tomorrow and Sunday looks grim. Both teams have an off day next time Texas comes to town so my guess is they'll do whatever they can to get at least one of these games in and between a doubleheader and the offday play the other two then.
Cliff: That's enough Normie, I'm waiting for an apology.

Norm: Great I'll drop it in the mail, that way I know you'll never get it.

Mike B is right!

Sully
Take Care
Sully
Take Care

12 May 2006, 12:40 #4

Joe -- do you not know how to add a signature or are you on some sort of bizarre personal strike against them?
Take care.

Joe
The 40-Year-Old Virgin
Joe
The 40-Year-Old Virgin

12 May 2006, 12:46 #5

I know how. Haven't bothered to do it yet. Want to contemplate my options and get it right.

Mike B is right!

Jill D
Jill D

12 May 2006, 12:51 #6

Joe, that would be gruesome.:ph43r: If I am reading the schedule correctly and that scenario occurs, it would lead to a string of over 30 days in a row without a break, including 2 interleague stretches. At that point in the season (June), can't the MLBPA put their foot down and say "No way?" I realize Texas doesn't come in here again. I seem to remember when we were in the middle of that horrific stretch last year with the makeup, it was only allowed because we were so close to the end of the season.

What do you think?
"2004 was for our parents and grandparents and everyone that suffered through eight decades. This is for us and our children and everybody in Red Sox Nation, that we can do it again." - Tom Werner 10/29/2007

"some people are dipped in shit, others are just dipshits." - TN, 11/18/2007

Joe
The 40-Year-Old Virgin
Joe
The 40-Year-Old Virgin

12 May 2006, 12:55 #7

I believe the limit is 18 consecutive days without a break. The MLBPA can certainly put their foot down though in situations like that they usually concede the issue.

I think a lot depends on this weekend. If they can play two this weekend I think they just do a double dip next time around and they're set. Things get hinky if they only play one or, God forbid, none, this weekend. If anyone has tickets to tonight's game, I would get ready to get wet because my guess is that they are going to do anything they can to get the game in. :P

Mike B is right!

Joe
The 40-Year-Old Virgin
Joe
The 40-Year-Old Virgin

12 May 2006, 12:55 #8

Yeah, my first experience with the clickable smiley wasn't as exciting as I'd hoped.

Mike B is right!

troy
Failed Writer and Musician
troy
Failed Writer and Musician

12 May 2006, 13:15 #9

Joe, your hesitation in setting up a sig is not 'bizarre.' You hold out until you're ready.

I see that underneath the smilies you can click on a link for 'BB Code Help.' I think that's an excellent idea, and look forward to the implementation of the The Chimp Code Help function.
"Who the hell is Tonic?"
-- March 17, 2008

"What is a scented candle?"
-- Dwight Shrute

Sully
Take Care
Sully
Take Care

12 May 2006, 13:15 #10

Joe, trust me on this, it's all about the ninjas. :ph43r: :ph43r: :ph43r:

More than worth effort.
Take care.