Moderator: the mule

Status of Resurgence

lynxlacelady
Bujavid Security
lynxlacelady
Bujavid Security

August 22nd, 2018, 10:11 pm #1

I checked with WAVE WITHOUT A SHORE and here is the latest on progress for RESURGENCE:
wrote: Jane’s still fighting the copyedits.I’m working on her notes on the Foreigner book.
Posted August 12th.

At least we have proof that progress is happening. I'm getting desperate.
Last edited by lynxlacelady on August 22nd, 2018, 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlueCatShip
Hasdrawad Member
BlueCatShip
Hasdrawad Member

August 23rd, 2018, 12:30 am #2

If it helps, please note that Alliance Rising is due for publication release in January, I believe it is, and CJ and Jane are currently doing copyedits while CJ is dealing with troublesome dental work. (That was only partly stated in the post you cited, and refers to a prior post by CJ, as well as the release date stated on Amazon in the US.)

Meanwhile, a second volume to follow Alliance Rising is somewhere in the pipeline, as is a history background piece by CJ for the book release.

Resurgence is, if I have it correctly, due out after Alliance Rising but before the others, to keep things going for both series.

So it is apparently not dull around there! :D -- At least we don't have to wait for a team of scribes to copy it out in illuminated calligraphy! Or for hand-set wooden type on a modified wine press! Hah, although I think we'd all be impressed. ;)

lynxlacelady
Bujavid Security
lynxlacelady
Bujavid Security

August 23rd, 2018, 10:46 pm #3

Yes, I remember reading about the dental work. Makes me shudder to think of it.

Neco the Nightwraith
Hasdrawad Member

August 25th, 2018, 12:10 pm #4

I'm getting a little antsy about it as well lol. I keep inventing fanfic stories in my head.

Yes. Yes, I AM kind of desperate. And maybe a little sad? LOL
What's that in the mirror, or the corner of your eye?
What's that footstep following, but never passing by?
Perhaps they're not just waiting, perhaps when we're all dead,
Out they'll come a-slithering, from underneath the bed...

"Your dren is really frelled up."

lynxlacelady
Bujavid Security
lynxlacelady
Bujavid Security

August 28th, 2018, 10:14 pm #5

I went back and read though most of the topics in the Cherryh Grove. And it did help ease the desperation. I'll probably read through those 2 or 3 times more before the next book comes out.

starexplorer
Tashrid Member
starexplorer
Tashrid Member

August 29th, 2018, 2:41 am #6

I was confusing this with Regenesis and getting excited for a Trilogy! Oh well...