Moderators: Ansikalden, hrhspence

BlueCatShip
Hasdrawad Member
BlueCatShip
Hasdrawad Member

July 9th, 2018, 9:48 pm #11

Supposedly, if you click the Notifications Bell, it brings up a dialog box asking options for how you want to be notified and of what, regarding that channel. However, I have only rarely gotten any dialog box, only a mouse click and a (slight) change in the bell icon to ON.

Star-ji, your latest video did show up on YouTube's home page for me. -- That said, other YouTubers to whom I am also Subscribed and Notifications Bell turned ON, do not always show up there. -- And lately, YouTube has been putting videos I've already watched from my Subscriptions, still on their home page as Recommendations for me, along with various topics that may or may not interest me. So it is catch as catch can.

Also, there have been YouTubers' (content creators) seeing videos demonetized or flagged/warned or blocked (taken down by YouTube), for including video or audio clips too long from copyrighted material (such as fan reviews of shows and music) or for obscure reasons (why was this demonetized, but that was not?).

Then there have been unwanted ads, such as anti-gay ads, political ads, fringe groups, various others, appearing on channels / videos where neither a creator nor a viewer of the channel would want ads of that type. (Prager "University," for example, is apparently not a university, but a group with political / religious opinions against various topics.) -- This has led to some dissatisfaction with YouTube over how content creators can choose what types of ads they do and don't want to show up for their channels.

So -- Well, YouTube is still undergoing growing pains. Some of its algorithms and services seem perpetually not quite working, while periodically, they make changes to things for reasons of their own, trying out new approaches.

That said, hey, it's YouTube or Vimeo, with not a lot of other choices for a video platform. -- And overall, as a viewer, I like several things about YouTube, and it does offer a good amount of freedom for people to create and view and comment, so, we work with what we get and hope they make improvements.

BlueCatShip
Hasdrawad Member
BlueCatShip
Hasdrawad Member

August 18th, 2018, 3:23 am #12

I've been enjoying the vids, Star-ji. I intend to watch the most recent one again, as my brain was fried from lots of working with Bézier curves today, and a recalcitrant cat trying my patience. Enjoyed the subject and looking forward to the other two in the subset.

This ape feels the need to buy ingredients for a banana pudding, to make it before my brain turns into same. Heh.

All things considered, it's going OK. Slight progress. Just tired.

starexplorer
Tashrid Member
starexplorer
Tashrid Member

August 18th, 2018, 4:40 am #13

BCS, thank you so much. Glad you are enjoying. I really love making them, and it’s a real boost when I hear people are liking them!

(They take a lot of time, and I’m pushing to keep up a weekly release schedule. Difficult but rewarding!)