Windstorm Chapter 31

Windstorm Chapter 31

Rikkilynn
Rikkilynn

July 2nd, 2006, 7:05 pm #1

Windstorm
Chapter 31

They arrived at the second location. The streets were now glistening from the sun beaming down on the arctic covered streets making a sleek ice appear. In a distance Belle could make out a rink of ice. There were a handful of people skating gracefully around it. Belle felt butterflies appear in her stomach.

“ Shawn, I have to warn you I’ve never ice skated before. Isn’t it dangerous?” Belle asked in hesitation.

“ I promise I won’t let you fall but, sometimes that’s the best part of it” Shawn smiled and went to the back of the car. He took out a large red box with a giant gold bow on it.
“ You can open your present now” He said handing the box to her. He face lit up with excitement. Her expression mirrored that of a kid on Christmas day.

Belle quickly unwrapped the neatly packaged box and inside found a pair of beautiful white skates. Belle swallowed the lump in her throat. Smiled than looked at Shawn taking them out of the box. She shrugged and smiled reluctantly at Shawn.

“ Well, I guess I have no excuse now”

“ That was kind of the point,. Don’t worry it will be fun”

Shawn reassured her with his smile and his confidence. Shawn grabbed his old black skates from the trunk and walked towards Belle. taking her lightly by the hand and guiding her to the bench that sat beside the icy covered rink. He sat her down and carefully took off her Shoe. Belle just stared down at him. He kept his eyes focused at the task at hand easily putting on her white skates and lacing them up. When he tied the last lace into a small bow. He sat down and put his skates on with quickness he got up and reached for her gloved hand.

Belle took his hand and warily got up from the bench. Belle took her first steps on the ice and nearly fell Shawn grabbed her with swiftness and prevented her from falling. She grabbed his waist and pulled him in tight.

“ Oh, now I see what your up too Casanova”

“ Casanova, huh? Well see I have a problem with that one”

“ Why’s that?” Belle asked playfully

“ Because he couldn’t commit himself to just one girl”

“ Are you saying that you can?”

“ Yes, that’s what I’m saying. Shawn nodded in agreement. Then he spoke again jokingly. Besides I’m nothing like Casanova, he impregnated his own daughter”

Belle blushed, then let out a big laugh. “ Okay then I guess I apologize” She said endearingly. “ I

“The real reason I wanted to take you here, is because it is a very special place to me and I wanted to share it with you if you have to know.” Shawn said

“ Why is it so special to you?”

“I use to come here every winter with my parents. You see every Christmas I would get a new pair of Ice Skates and after we were done opening up our presents would we come here. We would skate until it got dark. My parents would dance on the ice and I would fall miserably for the first year but I liked it. This place was special to my mother and father. This is where they first met, I know that it’s a bit silly but I still come here every year. I guess it’s a way of remembering them. It’s a tradition you know”

Belle looked into his eyes and saw Shawn Douglas the 10-year-old boy. He looked so sweet and sincere. She never really thought of him as being traditional. Traditional meant boring. Shawn wasn’t boring he wasn’t at all predictable. He was spontaneous, mysterious, warm hearted and completely lovable. Too loveable

“ Thank you for bringing me here” Belle said sincerely.
Shawn took her hand and pulled her close to him and spun her around.

“ There isn’t anyone else I would want to share this moment with” Shawn stated and stared into her ocean blue eyes.

Belle smiled and laid her head on his chest. She breathed in the faintness of his cologne. She let it linger a bit not saying a word but living in the moment of being so close to him.

Kerry
Kerry

July 2nd, 2006, 7:19 pm #2

This story is so cute!

July 2nd, 2006, 7:37 pm #3

Windstorm
Chapter 31

They arrived at the second location. The streets were now glistening from the sun beaming down on the arctic covered streets making a sleek ice appear. In a distance Belle could make out a rink of ice. There were a handful of people skating gracefully around it. Belle felt butterflies appear in her stomach.

“ Shawn, I have to warn you I’ve never ice skated before. Isn’t it dangerous?” Belle asked in hesitation.

“ I promise I won’t let you fall but, sometimes that’s the best part of it” Shawn smiled and went to the back of the car. He took out a large red box with a giant gold bow on it.
“ You can open your present now” He said handing the box to her. He face lit up with excitement. Her expression mirrored that of a kid on Christmas day.

Belle quickly unwrapped the neatly packaged box and inside found a pair of beautiful white skates. Belle swallowed the lump in her throat. Smiled than looked at Shawn taking them out of the box. She shrugged and smiled reluctantly at Shawn.

Shawn reassured her with his smile and his confidence. Shawn grabbed his old black skates from the trunk and walked towards Belle. taking her lightly by the hand and guiding her to the bench that sat beside the icy covered rink. He sat her down and carefully took off her Shoe. Belle just stared down at him. He kept his eyes focused at the task at hand easily putting on her white skates and lacing them up. When he tied the last lace into a small bow. He sat down and put his skates on with quickness he got up and reached for her gloved hand.

Belle took his hand and warily got up from the bench. Belle took her first steps on the ice and nearly fell Shawn grabbed her with swiftness and prevented her from falling. She grabbed his waist and pulled him in tight.

“ Yes, that’s what I’m saying. Shawn nodded in agreement. Then he spoke again jokingly. Besides I’m nothing like Casanova, he impregnated his own daughter”

Belle blushed, then let out a big laugh. “ Okay then I guess I apologize” She said endearingly. “ I

“The real reason I wanted to take you here, is because it is a very special place to me and I wanted to share it with you if you have to know.” Shawn said

“I use to come here every winter with my parents. You see every Christmas I would get a new pair of Ice Skates and after we were done opening up our presents would we come here. We would skate until it got dark. My parents would dance on the ice and I would fall miserably for the first year but I liked it. This place was special to my mother and father. This is where they first met, I know that it’s a bit silly but I still come here every year. I guess it’s a way of remembering them. It’s a tradition you know”

Belle looked into his eyes and saw Shawn Douglas the 10-year-old boy. He looked so sweet and sincere. She never really thought of him as being traditional. Traditional meant boring. Shawn wasn’t boring he wasn’t at all predictable. He was spontaneous, mysterious, warm hearted and completely lovable. Too loveable

“ There isn’t anyone else I would want to share this moment with” Shawn stated and stared into her ocean blue eyes.

Belle smiled and laid her head on his chest. She breathed in the faintness of his cologne. She let it linger a bit not saying a word but living in the moment of being so close to him.
Please update soon!

July 3rd, 2006, 3:29 am #4

Windstorm
Chapter 31

Continue soon I can't wait to read more.

July 3rd, 2006, 3:52 pm #5

Windstorm
Chapter 31

This gets better and better and I'm just loving it even more! I love that Shawn kept that tradition and brought Belle to share it with him. He really loves her, I mean REALLY loves her. They need to get together soon!

Thanks Belle!

Thanks Kelly, Jessica and Chantal for the wonderful banners!