Windstorm Chapter 28

Windstorm Chapter 28

Rikkilynn
Rikkilynn

July 2nd, 2006, 2:58 am #1

Thank you to Jo for all of your wonderful feedback.It really inspires me to write another chapter when I can hardly keep my eyes open. I'm glad that your enjoying it. Hope you like this next chapter there is alot of Belle Chatter in it.

Windstorm
CHAPTER 28

Walking out the luxurious corridors hand and hand with everyone watching. Belle blushed it was sure to spread like wildfire throughout Manhattan. Shawn was a bit of a celebrity he was one of the cities most eligible bachelors and he walked with her proudly. His grip tightened. Belle held her head high she didn’t care what the New York Post had to say. Except she would hope that she would be able to tell Philip before he read it somewhere. Philip was a Goodman he deserved the truth.

She had still had not been able to reach Philip to let him know that they could no longer see each other romantically .She couldn’t see anyone right now when all she could think about was Shawn. He was the only man she’s ever really been able to think about.

Henry the same friendly doorman opened the door for Shawn and Belle.

“ Good Afternoon Mr. Brady, Miss Black” Henry greeted them.

“ Good afternoon Henry” Belle said and gave him a smile.

Shawn’s black limo and chauffer awaited them outside the snowy white streets. She smiled as he let go of her hand so that she could get in.

“ I thought that you traded him in” Belle teased.

“ I never drive in icy streets it’s far to dangerous I will leave that to the professionals.”

Shawn kept his hands on hers their fingers locked in one another’s while the chauffer drove silently.

“ Do I get a clue?” Belle asked inquisitively.

“ You want a clue?” Shawn joked.

“ Yes, I mean how do I know that you’re not trying to kidnap me “:

“ Well first we’re going to stop and eat because no matter how good Chicken Noodle is after a couple of days of it it’s time for a change. I hope your hungry.

“ Just make sure I make it to work on time”

“ Are you sure that Philip won’t mind” Shawn asked tauntingly. Shawn winced as he said the words.

Philip, don’t remind her of him right now. Yes, she was going to have to talk to him. Make it clear that she just isn’t able to handle a new relationship right now. Well, that wouldn’t work. It was too hard to think about what she was going to say to Philip when she was with Shawn. All she wanted to do was relish the moment that they have with one another.

“ Do you ever shut up?” Belle teased shaking her head at him in disbelief. He ruined a completely romantic moment for what a bit of humor.

“ I know one thing that would make me shut up”

The car came to a stop and Shawn got out of the car and walked around it to open the door for her. Belle was surprised to see that Shawn took her to a rather casual dinner. Not what she was expecting but he was right she was dressed just fine for this place. It was warm and cozy they ate hamburgers and fries and drank soda and it was a great date they talked through out lunch.

“ I see that you have your appetite back” Shawn said watching her chew her food. She had more than a mouth full and was trying her best to chew it.

“I was starving, no offense to the chef as good as your chicken soup was it can’t compare to a burger”

“ Is that right, well I promise that I am going to cook you the best Italian cuisine you’ve ever had then you tell me how it compares, You like Italian don’t you?” Shawn said and then took a sip out of his soda.
“ I do” Belle said with a happy smile.

“ What about Parisian cuisine”

“ Yes, I like that too.”

“I’m actually what you would consider a food connoisseur.” Belle bit down on a fry and chewed waiting for Shawn’s response. She liked watching him eat. It was cute because he tried his best to use good manners but sometimes she could see the kid in him emerge.

Shawn chuckled while trying to chew his food and choked a little grabbing his soda he took a big sip. “ You don’t look like any food connoisseur I’ve ever seen usually they’re a five hundred pound middle-aged guy. That doesn’t exactly fit your description.”

“ It’s something that just came about actually. I mean I’ve always had a fondness for food. Especially for my Mama’s southern cooking but I’m here now and Mama is there I have been fun going to all the different ones. I mean New York has so many great restaurants. I’ve found myself eating out nearly everyday. It’s always a different cuisine though I try and keep it interesting. You know Salem wasn’t exactly that culturally diversified.”

“ You mean to tell me that you don’t use that Kitchen?” Shawn asked almost sounding appalled. He designed that kitchen just for her. He had never asked her if she liked to cook. He just assumed that she did since she was always bringing him goodies. Then again maybe she didn’t bake them. He smiled downward as he pictured her in the kitchen.

The kitchen is really beautiful but I’m afraid it’s totally wasted on me. It does however act as a good front any potential husband.

“ A potential husband, I didn’t realize you were on the Market for a husband” Shawn asked raising his dark brown brow.

Belle blushed she could kick herself. It was a joke but now how was she going to back track this one. Oh, Belle think before you talk she cursed herself quietly.

“ I’m not but it’s never too early to start looking” Belle giggled her red lipstick was now almost gone just a trace of the crimson stain painted her lips.

“ Why are you looking when you’ve found what you want right in front of you, of course we’ll have to do something with the cooking? I mean maybe I can get you lessons or something. I mean for our kids. You have to cook them a home cooked meal.”

“ Is that so?”

“ Yeah, since I want a houseful of them we’ll need to cook at home it gets expensive eating out every night.

Belle giggled. He wants children and lots of them she blushed. She understood why Mimi didn’t want to wait to have babies with Rex besides the inevitable. She pictured a boy that looked like Shawn and a girl that looked like her. She smiled with a sudden affirmation.

“I think somehow we’d manage” Belle grabbed the napkin from the table and wiped her hands without looking at him.

“ You want kids don’t you” Shawn asked with great anticipation of her answer. He hoped that her looking down wasn’t a sign that she didn’t want them. They didn’t really talk about these things when they were younger. They had enough to talk about but it was always on the back of his mind.

“ I never really thought about kids or marriage for that matter. I mean I was always so busy concentrating on school and making sure that I got nothing but A’s. I remember this one time I got two B’s in one week. It was awful”

“Yes, it must have been devastating” Shawn kidded her.

“It was. I remember crying and then I wiped the tear from my eye and got out the book and I was determined to figure out those equations. The next week it was back to straight A’s. Daddy really expected nothing less of me.” Belles thought still in the past. She was quiet until Shawn spoke.

“ So, math wasn’t your subject, huh?”

“ I think perhaps, I had something on my mind that was preventing me from learning them “ she said shamefully.

What was it? Do you remember? Shawn probed her.

Yes, actually I do. It was a boy, a very cute and charming boy. Belle said then bit down on a fry.

Anyone I know? Shawn asked nosily

Actually I think you do know him. Belle said while chewing her food and covering her mouth. Her daddy would have a fit.

Hmm, you going to tell me? Or do I have to pry it out of you?

Belle chewed her food and swallowed then took a sip of soda. Belle blushed lightly remembering back on that summer.

It was a boy named Shawn Brady. You see he just left one summer and never came back. I couldn’t wait until the last day of school because I knew that just one more week and you would be here and when you didn’t come. I was heartbroken I spent everyday riding my bike by your summer house. I would ride it there two or three times a day. I did that everyday until the last day of summer.

“ That was a rough summer for me too. I thought about you too. I had kind of a crush on you.”

“You did not” Belle said blushing.

“ You couldn’t tell all the teasing I did that was just my way of showing you how much I liked you”

I remember you teasing my about my hair, teasing me about reading to much. Telling me just how bad I was at baseball. I don’t remember anything that would have made me think that you liked me but, it didn’t matter because the more you teased me the more I liked you.

That was a long time ago wasn’t it?

Too long ago, but here we are now both living in the same city sharing the same apartment building. Eating lunch together at Odessa’s café.

“ In many ways Shawn we are worlds apart though”

“ I don’t see it that way Belle, I think the two of us were made from the same fiber.”
“ I think that we are meant for one another just like Bonnie and Clyde”

“ Well, I certainly hope that your not suggesting we start robbing banks”

Shawn laughed he could never see straight-laced Belle doing anything remotely daring.
He loved talking to her it was easy and fun and while he was with her time passed unknowingly. She was witty and intelligent, worldly for a southerner. He thought she was everything that the rich socialites tried to be. They had nothing on her charm; he never doubted for a moment that she would be a good wife and good mother; she was a caring and nurturing woman. He knew that every since their first date, when she was concerned about riding in the limo. He smiled at her adoringly.

Sure he had loved her as a boy but she could have grown into a mindless teenager that did nothing but gossip. Belle was different from anybody he had ever known most girls wouldn’t have even bothered making good grades or even attempted a career. Belle’s family had money and she didn’t need to work. She chose to become a Doctor not for the money but because she wants to help save lives. He admired her for that. His mind was swimming in thoughts he couldn’t wait to have her say she would be his forever. Shawn snapped at of it.

When he saw Belle waving a hand in front of him. “ What no snappy come back” Belle mocked.

“ Are you finished because I have somewhere else I would like to take you” Shawn asked placing his napkin on the table

“ Yes” Belle looked down at her almost empty plate.

Shawn put down a twenty-dollar bill on the table and grabbed her hand and walked out the café and into the limo.

“ Shawn, where are we going now?”

“ I told you that it was a surprise”

July 2nd, 2006, 4:37 pm #2

I love when Shawn and Belle are like this.

July 3rd, 2006, 3:26 pm #3

Thank you to Jo for all of your wonderful feedback.It really inspires me to write another chapter when I can hardly keep my eyes open. I'm glad that your enjoying it. Hope you like this next chapter there is alot of Belle Chatter in it.

Windstorm
CHAPTER 28

Walking out the luxurious corridors hand and hand with everyone watching. Belle blushed it was sure to spread like wildfire throughout Manhattan. Shawn was a bit of a celebrity he was one of the cities most eligible bachelors and he walked with her proudly. His grip tightened. Belle held her head high she didn’t care what the New York Post had to say. Except she would hope that she would be able to tell Philip before he read it somewhere. Philip was a Goodman he deserved the truth.

She had still had not been able to reach Philip to let him know that they could no longer see each other romantically .She couldn’t see anyone right now when all she could think about was Shawn. He was the only man she’s ever really been able to think about.

Henry the same friendly doorman opened the door for Shawn and Belle.

“ Good Afternoon Mr. Brady, Miss Black” Henry greeted them.

“ Good afternoon Henry” Belle said and gave him a smile.

Shawn’s black limo and chauffer awaited them outside the snowy white streets. She smiled as he let go of her hand so that she could get in.

“ I thought that you traded him in” Belle teased.

“ I never drive in icy streets it’s far to dangerous I will leave that to the professionals.”

Shawn kept his hands on hers their fingers locked in one another’s while the chauffer drove silently.

“ Do I get a clue?” Belle asked inquisitively.

“ You want a clue?” Shawn joked.

“ Yes, I mean how do I know that you’re not trying to kidnap me “:

“ Well first we’re going to stop and eat because no matter how good Chicken Noodle is after a couple of days of it it’s time for a change. I hope your hungry.

“ Just make sure I make it to work on time”

“ Are you sure that Philip won’t mind” Shawn asked tauntingly. Shawn winced as he said the words.

Philip, don’t remind her of him right now. Yes, she was going to have to talk to him. Make it clear that she just isn’t able to handle a new relationship right now. Well, that wouldn’t work. It was too hard to think about what she was going to say to Philip when she was with Shawn. All she wanted to do was relish the moment that they have with one another.

“ Do you ever shut up?” Belle teased shaking her head at him in disbelief. He ruined a completely romantic moment for what a bit of humor.

“ I know one thing that would make me shut up”

The car came to a stop and Shawn got out of the car and walked around it to open the door for her. Belle was surprised to see that Shawn took her to a rather casual dinner. Not what she was expecting but he was right she was dressed just fine for this place. It was warm and cozy they ate hamburgers and fries and drank soda and it was a great date they talked through out lunch.

“ I see that you have your appetite back” Shawn said watching her chew her food. She had more than a mouth full and was trying her best to chew it.

“I was starving, no offense to the chef as good as your chicken soup was it can’t compare to a burger”

“ Is that right, well I promise that I am going to cook you the best Italian cuisine you’ve ever had then you tell me how it compares, You like Italian don’t you?” Shawn said and then took a sip out of his soda.
“ I do” Belle said with a happy smile.

“ What about Parisian cuisine”

“ Yes, I like that too.”

“I’m actually what you would consider a food connoisseur.” Belle bit down on a fry and chewed waiting for Shawn’s response. She liked watching him eat. It was cute because he tried his best to use good manners but sometimes she could see the kid in him emerge.

Shawn chuckled while trying to chew his food and choked a little grabbing his soda he took a big sip. “ You don’t look like any food connoisseur I’ve ever seen usually they’re a five hundred pound middle-aged guy. That doesn’t exactly fit your description.”

“ It’s something that just came about actually. I mean I’ve always had a fondness for food. Especially for my Mama’s southern cooking but I’m here now and Mama is there I have been fun going to all the different ones. I mean New York has so many great restaurants. I’ve found myself eating out nearly everyday. It’s always a different cuisine though I try and keep it interesting. You know Salem wasn’t exactly that culturally diversified.”

“ You mean to tell me that you don’t use that Kitchen?” Shawn asked almost sounding appalled. He designed that kitchen just for her. He had never asked her if she liked to cook. He just assumed that she did since she was always bringing him goodies. Then again maybe she didn’t bake them. He smiled downward as he pictured her in the kitchen.

The kitchen is really beautiful but I’m afraid it’s totally wasted on me. It does however act as a good front any potential husband.

“ A potential husband, I didn’t realize you were on the Market for a husband” Shawn asked raising his dark brown brow.

Belle blushed she could kick herself. It was a joke but now how was she going to back track this one. Oh, Belle think before you talk she cursed herself quietly.

“ I’m not but it’s never too early to start looking” Belle giggled her red lipstick was now almost gone just a trace of the crimson stain painted her lips.

“ Why are you looking when you’ve found what you want right in front of you, of course we’ll have to do something with the cooking? I mean maybe I can get you lessons or something. I mean for our kids. You have to cook them a home cooked meal.”

“ Is that so?”

“ Yeah, since I want a houseful of them we’ll need to cook at home it gets expensive eating out every night.

Belle giggled. He wants children and lots of them she blushed. She understood why Mimi didn’t want to wait to have babies with Rex besides the inevitable. She pictured a boy that looked like Shawn and a girl that looked like her. She smiled with a sudden affirmation.

“I think somehow we’d manage” Belle grabbed the napkin from the table and wiped her hands without looking at him.

“ You want kids don’t you” Shawn asked with great anticipation of her answer. He hoped that her looking down wasn’t a sign that she didn’t want them. They didn’t really talk about these things when they were younger. They had enough to talk about but it was always on the back of his mind.

“ I never really thought about kids or marriage for that matter. I mean I was always so busy concentrating on school and making sure that I got nothing but A’s. I remember this one time I got two B’s in one week. It was awful”

“Yes, it must have been devastating” Shawn kidded her.

“It was. I remember crying and then I wiped the tear from my eye and got out the book and I was determined to figure out those equations. The next week it was back to straight A’s. Daddy really expected nothing less of me.” Belles thought still in the past. She was quiet until Shawn spoke.

“ So, math wasn’t your subject, huh?”

“ I think perhaps, I had something on my mind that was preventing me from learning them “ she said shamefully.

What was it? Do you remember? Shawn probed her.

Yes, actually I do. It was a boy, a very cute and charming boy. Belle said then bit down on a fry.

Anyone I know? Shawn asked nosily

Actually I think you do know him. Belle said while chewing her food and covering her mouth. Her daddy would have a fit.

Hmm, you going to tell me? Or do I have to pry it out of you?

Belle chewed her food and swallowed then took a sip of soda. Belle blushed lightly remembering back on that summer.

It was a boy named Shawn Brady. You see he just left one summer and never came back. I couldn’t wait until the last day of school because I knew that just one more week and you would be here and when you didn’t come. I was heartbroken I spent everyday riding my bike by your summer house. I would ride it there two or three times a day. I did that everyday until the last day of summer.

“ That was a rough summer for me too. I thought about you too. I had kind of a crush on you.”

“You did not” Belle said blushing.

“ You couldn’t tell all the teasing I did that was just my way of showing you how much I liked you”

I remember you teasing my about my hair, teasing me about reading to much. Telling me just how bad I was at baseball. I don’t remember anything that would have made me think that you liked me but, it didn’t matter because the more you teased me the more I liked you.

That was a long time ago wasn’t it?

Too long ago, but here we are now both living in the same city sharing the same apartment building. Eating lunch together at Odessa’s café.

“ In many ways Shawn we are worlds apart though”

“ I don’t see it that way Belle, I think the two of us were made from the same fiber.”
“ I think that we are meant for one another just like Bonnie and Clyde”

“ Well, I certainly hope that your not suggesting we start robbing banks”

Shawn laughed he could never see straight-laced Belle doing anything remotely daring.
He loved talking to her it was easy and fun and while he was with her time passed unknowingly. She was witty and intelligent, worldly for a southerner. He thought she was everything that the rich socialites tried to be. They had nothing on her charm; he never doubted for a moment that she would be a good wife and good mother; she was a caring and nurturing woman. He knew that every since their first date, when she was concerned about riding in the limo. He smiled at her adoringly.

Sure he had loved her as a boy but she could have grown into a mindless teenager that did nothing but gossip. Belle was different from anybody he had ever known most girls wouldn’t have even bothered making good grades or even attempted a career. Belle’s family had money and she didn’t need to work. She chose to become a Doctor not for the money but because she wants to help save lives. He admired her for that. His mind was swimming in thoughts he couldn’t wait to have her say she would be his forever. Shawn snapped at of it.

When he saw Belle waving a hand in front of him. “ What no snappy come back” Belle mocked.

“ Are you finished because I have somewhere else I would like to take you” Shawn asked placing his napkin on the table

“ Yes” Belle looked down at her almost empty plate.

Shawn put down a twenty-dollar bill on the table and grabbed her hand and walked out the café and into the limo.

“ Shawn, where are we going now?”

“ I told you that it was a surprise”
WOW! I love it! I love Shawn and Belle! I can't wait to see where he takes her!

Thanks Belle!

Thanks Kelly, Jessica and Chantal for the wonderful banners!