Windstorm Chapter 26

Windstorm Chapter 26

Rikkilynn
Rikkilynn

July 1st, 2006, 2:14 am #1

Windstorm
Chapter 26

Shawn would approach this situation like he would any business deal. He would present it in a way that she wouldn’t refuse.

Shawn’s black limo made it’s way through the slick and icy covered streets
Shawn looked out the window thinking silently to himself. Strategizing. One false move and he would be back to square one.

People were already beginning to emerge from the apartments to the outside world. They were resilient he thought to himself. It was the storm of the century a blizzard of monumental proportions and yet the New York Post declared it nothing but a windstorm.

A windstorm, he thought to himself. That’s one heck of a windstorm. The papers had said that it wasn’t that the temperature itself was so cold it was that the wind had made it even more so.

He arrived at his destination. It was the Chase Manhattan Bank, the largest and most prestigious bank. Anyone who had money of his wealth only entrusted their fortune at the Chase Manhattan that and the business owners were also business associates of his. They have helped him secure many deals. Shawn’s tall reflection made present by the glass door. The usual stout doorman opened the door for him and greeted him by name

“ Merry Christmas” Shawn said with a smile. He offered the man his hand and when the man shook it he felt a paper enclosed in his white gloves. The doorman looked down with curiosity and noticed a one hundred dollar bill neatly folded.

“ Mr. Brady this is far to generous,” Shawn knew that it was generous. It would be his pay for the month. It was enough to provide his family with a hot meal everyday for a month.

“ Buy something nice for your wife” Shawn said as he made his way through the lobby.

Shawn had taken nearly 10,000.00 in cash out of Chase Manhattan that day and a special Heirloom that belonged to his beloved grandmother Alice Horton. Alice had outlived his parents by a year and once she was gone all he had was his aunt Kate and uncle Roman and his cousins Rex and Cassie of course. If he had his say so he would have a new family very soon.

After making several arrangements, He arrived back at his apartment building and with great confidence he took the elevator to the 35th floor. He arrived at her apartment. He took a deep breath and then knocked at the door.

She wasn’t there he knocked a few times and no answer. He wondered if she was there and was just avoiding him. He couldn’t blame her if she did. He had practically thrown her without so much as inkling to why.

They had fought like that many times. It was just what they did. He wondered to himself if perhaps she still wasn’t feeling good. Her radiator was still broken. He cursed himself as he made his way back down in the elevator.

He reached the front desk of the lobby and walked into the manager’s office.

“ Mr. Brady, I wasn’t expecting to see you here”

“ I got caught up in the blizzard. Apartment 620’s radiator went out. I want you to have the heat restored in that apartment today”

“ I will try my best Mr. Brady it’s just half the city is still without power and phone. I am not sure”

“ I don’t care what it takes get it done. No matter the cost do you understand me?”

“ Yes, sir”

“ I also need the key to that apartment”

The thin gray haired man handed Shawn the key. Shawn took it in his gloved hand and proceeded towards the elevator.

This time when he reached her apartment he had a key to get in.
He opened the door to her apartment and saw that she wasn’t there. He racked his brain at where she could possibly be. She wasn’t fully recovered yet and shouldn’t be out in this weather. He tightened his black scarf around him. It was deathly cold in here.

Knowing how stubborn she was there were only two possibilities to where she was, the Belleview hospital where she was volunteering for the past two years or at Philip’s. He cursed himself again.

He wasn’t sure what he should do or where he should go but he knew he needed to talk to her tonight. He wanted to make sure that she was his. He wasn’t going to have her parading around town on the arm of Philip Kiriakis. She was his girl and wanted all of New York to know it.

He waited a little while and his best attempt not to snoop around got the best of him. He found himself looking through her books. She had a huge assortment of books, with five full bookcases that covered the complete wall, from floor to ceiling. He smiled to himself. He had no doubt that she read every single one of those books.

He noticed a red leather book with no title and took it out from the case. Curious he opened the book to the first page. And read aloud.

I will hold it in my heart my dear

There are times I’ve come so close
To utter words I feel the most.

I’m fearful for you to see
How much I’m in love with thee.

I hold you in my heart my dear
Whisper I love you on silent ears

There will never be a love so true
How can I say I love you?

My heart will break forever
If you chose to love me never

I love you and that is why
I will hold it deep inside.

Hopefully you’ll find it there.

I will love you for forever my loves eternally.

I will hold it in my heart my dear.

Isabella Black.

Shawn so deep in thought didn’t hear the gentle sounds of her footsteps coming up from behind him.

“ Just what do you think your doing in here?” Belle stared angrily at Shawn at his audaciousness

July 1st, 2006, 8:31 am #2

Great Chapter! I missed this! Continue soon please...

July 2nd, 2006, 1:02 am #3

Windstorm
Chapter 26

Shawn would approach this situation like he would any business deal. He would present it in a way that she wouldn’t refuse.

Shawn looked out the window thinking silently to himself. Strategizing. One false move and he would be back to square one.

People were already beginning to emerge from the apartments to the outside world. They were resilient he thought to himself. It was the storm of the century a blizzard of monumental proportions and yet the New York Post declared it nothing but a windstorm.

A windstorm, he thought to himself. That’s one heck of a windstorm. The papers had said that it wasn’t that the temperature itself was so cold it was that the wind had made it even more so.

He arrived at his destination. It was the Chase Manhattan Bank, the largest and most prestigious bank. Anyone who had money of his wealth only entrusted their fortune at the Chase Manhattan that and the business owners were also business associates of his. They have helped him secure many deals. Shawn’s tall reflection made present by the glass door. The usual stout doorman opened the door for him and greeted him by name

“ Merry Christmas” Shawn said with a smile. He offered the man his hand and when the man shook it he felt a paper enclosed in his white gloves. The doorman looked down with curiosity and noticed a one hundred dollar bill neatly folded.

“ Mr. Brady this is far to generous,” Shawn knew that it was generous. It would be his pay for the month. It was enough to provide his family with a hot meal everyday for a month.

“ Buy something nice for your wife” Shawn said as he made his way through the lobby.

Shawn had taken nearly 10,000.00 in cash out of Chase Manhattan that day and a special Heirloom that belonged to his beloved grandmother Alice Horton. Alice had outlived his parents by a year and once she was gone all he had was his aunt Kate and uncle Roman and his cousins Rex and Cassie of course. If he had his say so he would have a new family very soon.

After making several arrangements, He arrived back at his apartment building and with great confidence he took the elevator to the 35th floor. He arrived at her apartment. He took a deep breath and then knocked at the door.

She wasn’t there he knocked a few times and no answer. He wondered if she was there and was just avoiding him. He couldn’t blame her if she did. He had practically thrown her without so much as inkling to why.

They had fought like that many times. It was just what they did. He wondered to himself if perhaps she still wasn’t feeling good. Her radiator was still broken. He cursed himself as he made his way back down in the elevator.

“ I got caught up in the blizzard. Apartment 620’s radiator went out. I want you to have the heat restored in that apartment today”

“ I will try my best Mr. Brady it’s just half the city is still without power and phone. I am not sure”

“ I don’t care what it takes get it done. No matter the cost do you understand me?”

“ Yes, sir”

The thin gray haired man handed Shawn the key. Shawn took it in his gloved hand and proceeded towards the elevator.

He opened the door to her apartment and saw that she wasn’t there. He racked his brain at where she could possibly be. She wasn’t fully recovered yet and shouldn’t be out in this weather. He tightened his black scarf around him. It was deathly cold in here.

Knowing how stubborn she was there were only two possibilities to where she was, the Belleview hospital where she was volunteering for the past two years or at Philip’s. He cursed himself again.

He wasn’t sure what he should do or where he should go but he knew he needed to talk to her tonight. He wanted to make sure that she was his. He wasn’t going to have her parading around town on the arm of Philip Kiriakis. She was his girl and wanted all of New York to know it.

He waited a little while and his best attempt not to snoop around got the best of him. He found himself looking through her books. She had a huge assortment of books, with five full bookcases that covered the complete wall, from floor to ceiling. He smiled to himself. He had no doubt that she read every single one of those books.

He noticed a red leather book with no title and took it out from the case. Curious he opened the book to the first page. And read aloud.

Isabella Black.

Shawn so deep in thought didn’t hear the gentle sounds of her footsteps coming up from behind him.

“ Just what do you think your doing in here?” Belle stared angrily at Shawn at his audaciousness
It's finally back! I'm so glad you finally posted. I always check a few times a day to see if you have and you finally did! And what a great return! Wow! So Belle wrote that herself? I can't wait to see how she reacts and what Shawn has planned for her! Can't wait to read more!

Thanks Belle!

Thanks Kelly, Jessica and Chantal for the wonderful banners!

July 2nd, 2006, 4:35 pm #4

Windstorm
Chapter 26

“ Yes, sir”

Isabella Black.

Continue soon I can't wait to read more. I love this story.