Why, oh why...

Why, oh why...

June 26th, 2006, 6:41 pm #1

does everyone faint when they're pregnant?? Geez! And Lexie bugs me. Dr. I-do-everything-from-ER-to-surgery MD. Besides, wasn't she just at the wedding?? What, was there an emergency c-section/gunshot wound/open-heart surgery she had to rush in for??

Okay, just had to rant. I feel better!

Joanne
Joanne

June 26th, 2006, 10:29 pm #2

hormones are all out of whack during the first three months. I'm not a mother but in doing research for my fics, nausea, dizziness, fainting are pretty common. Sorry for being anal but I'm a history major/library technician. I live for researching! LOL :oP

Alissa
Alissa

June 26th, 2006, 11:31 pm #3

does everyone faint when they're pregnant?? Geez! And Lexie bugs me. Dr. I-do-everything-from-ER-to-surgery MD. Besides, wasn't she just at the wedding?? What, was there an emergency c-section/gunshot wound/open-heart surgery she had to rush in for??

not every woman who faints is pregnant. It seems like on soaps fainting coincides with pregnancy. But, you know what - I haven't ever encountered anyone who fainted while pregnant.

June 27th, 2006, 12:01 am #4

And Hope was actually a good character.. Another who's the daddy dealy. Sheesh they need new material. Ughh and whining from Lexie is sooooo annoying. She slept with him and she knew it was wrong and now she wants Abe back.. makes no sense to me at all. sigh Now months of aggonizing paternity tests, and prolonged divorce.

Carly
Carly

June 27th, 2006, 1:05 am #5

someone not faint or have morning sickness when pregnant. And HOW old is Hope supposedly now? It's like when Marlena got pregnant, though not as bad... Crazy!

June 27th, 2006, 1:08 am #6

hormones are all out of whack during the first three months. I'm not a mother but in doing research for my fics, nausea, dizziness, fainting are pretty common. Sorry for being anal but I'm a history major/library technician. I live for researching! LOL :oP
but it's pretty rare. I'm an RN in an ER, and out of all the women I've seen that come into the ER who wind up being pregnant (so many in Houston!! Haha!), I've only seen about two that have had a syncopal episode. Most of the time they're nauseous and vomiting and extremely fatigued.

I just think it's retarded that every woman that winds up pregnant on this show has to faint. You think they'd come up with something new. Ugh!

June 27th, 2006, 8:16 pm #7

I fainted only the first time I was pregnant, but that was because I was getting a blood test done, and I was scared of the needle, LOL! So I didn't necessarily faint because of my pregnany...the reason I say this is because I fainted a couple of years prior to that, when I had another needle done.

You're right though - every woman that faints on Days is always pregnant...silly, really.