Untitled

Untitled

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 2nd, 2006, 4:16 am #1

Windstorm
Chapter 29

Belle looked at the window there was a woman a little girl walking through the piles of sleet covered streets in thin jacket and bundled in tons of layers.

“ That little girl must be freezing look at her coat, it’s so thin and her shoes they aren’t warm enough for this weather” Belle said sympathetically.

“ Driver Stop the care right here!” Shawn commanded.

Shawn got out of the car and walked over to the lady and little girl.
The girl must have only been about five or six and was wearing a jacket that was two sizes too small, her arms exposed from the sleeves her black boots were holey. She was thin and pale and Belle understood why. Her dirty blond locks hung past her shoulders in a light wave of curls. Her light brown eyes looked sad and tired. Belle’s heart broke for her and her mother.

“ Hi, Mam I don’t mean to disturb you but we couldn’t help but notice that your little girl could use a new winters coat and well, you could probably use one yourself”

The mothers face dropped to her daughter her face looked ashamed and mortified. .
“ I would like to give you some money to get a new coat for you and your daughter.”

The mother was thin with sharp features. Small pointy nose and chin thin lips, her eyes were the same shade of brown as her daughters and with the same lack of luster in them. In this moment they appeared to look puzzled as she paused starring at Shawn.

”It would just make me feel a whole lot better.” Shawn said reassuring her.

“ Thank you sir, that is very kind of you but I don’t think that I can take it” She held her head up and started to walk away.

Of course she wouldn’t take it what was he thinking of just approaching her on the street like that she didn’t know him and he could have some alterior motive for it. She wasn’t too proud for charity not if it would help her daughter but he could be crazy. She began walking a little faster leaving Shawn there dumbfounded.

Belle got out of the car and ran over to her yelling for her to stop.

“Ms. Please stop for your little girl.” Belle yelled and the woman halted, Belle ran over to her. She gave her the fifty dollars Shawn was offering.

“ Before you say no please hear me out, I am a medical student. I work at the hospital right now there is an increase in tuberculosis. Children are dying from nothing more than a common cold. They are turning mother’s away right now because there is no room left in the children’s wing please take it”

The woman took the money from Belle’s gloved hand. Holding her head in shame then looking into the eyes of Belle and then to Shawn. Generosity like theirs was rare and she was very thankful to the both of them.

“ The depression it got us all. My husband use to work for Kirakis and then last year he laid almost everyone off. It’s been hard for him to find work. He’s a good man it’s just right now no one is hiring.

“ I know Philip Kirakis very well and perhaps I could help your husband get his job bank. I can talk to him.” Belle couldn’t help but be surprised that didn’t sound like the Philip Kirakis that she knew. Philip had always been a charitable and generous man. Surely, there was some sort of misunderstanding.

“ What was his profession?” Belle asked sweetly.

“He worked in construction that was until he injured his back. You see since the depression they had laid off everyone so, my husband had a double workload and he didn’t complain he was grateful but when my husbands back went out and he missed a day’s work. Kirakis fired him He didn’t want to stay home. I begged him not to go though. I was afraid it could be broken. I insisted he not go in. I didn’t think that he would fire him. My husband worked for the Kirakis family for 15 years. 15 years six days a week without ever missing a single day other than that one time and he still fired him. My husband is too proud to take out any handouts and he would be angry if he knew I accepted the money” The woman explained.

Shawn pulled out his business card and handed it to the woman. Shawn was angry inside. That sounded just like Kirakis to pull something like that. He was a Faust. He smiled and flaunted himself around Manhattan as a great philanthropist. Dining on 50.00 a plate dinners and taking frivolous trips around the world on a whim while his employees brought home less than 50 cents a week. Shawn was furious as he heard the woman’s plight. Maybe now Belle would see that she was wasting her time on that cold-hearted bastard. He might have had old man Rockefeller fooled and all his other business associates but Philip was ruthless and cunning and the sooner Belle found out about him the better.

“You tell your husband to meet me here at this address tomorrow at 10:00 a.m. and we’ll see about him getting a job.”

Shawn and Belle stepped back into the warm confines of the limo. Belle looked at Shawn with great admiration.

“That was a wonderful thing that you’ve done.”

“ I could do more, to think there are other kids out there living in those types of conditions.” Shawn sat back quietly.

“ You know I’m volunteering at the soup line on Christmas Eve if you want to volunteer with me that would be really nice The more to help the better. Belle said.

“ So, this is what it feels like” Shawn stated.

“ What do you mean?” Belle starred at him and placed her hand on his.

“ Being Isabella Black” Shawn laughed.

“ Well, I think it might feel a little different. But yes it’s a wonderful feeling I don’t think anything could surpass it. Belle giggled back at him.

“ You know once I get my degree I plan on going to underprivileged countries and helping them with the medical needs. They are in such need for doctors. South America, Africa, Europe. I plan to go all over the world.” Belle explained.

“ No, promise me you won’t go to South America. Belle there are diseases out there that no one can cure and I’ll be damned if I’m going to lose you. Shawn’s voice sounded urgent tormented and desperate.

Belle felt the tenderness and urgency in his voice and realized that he did care for her. Maybe what they had was more than what he shared with all those other women.

”Shawn, I understand you being concerned but it’s something that would bring me great happiness. I’m willing to take the risk. Wasn’t it you who said that they wanted to see the world? I want the same thing. I just want to be able to help make a difference along the way.”

“ You’ll risk losing your life to some disease by going to these countries where diseases spread like fire but you won’t risk giving your heart to me”

“ You know, there’s a whole lot of time between now and then. Things could change, I’m not even out of medical school but it has always been something that I wanted to do. You’re only given one chance at life. I want mine to be meaningful and fulfilling”
Belle explained to him wanting him to see her reasoning.

“ Yes, but what is life without love Belle, you want to go to these countries and help save lives I understand that completely but if you have spent all your life fulfilling the needs of others and never the needs of yourself what will your life have been about?
Life is nothing without love.”

Windstorm
Chapter 29

Belle looked at the window there was a woman a little girl walking through the piles of sleet covered streets in thin jacket and bundled in tons of layers.

“ That little girl must be freezing look at her coat, it’s so thin and her shoes they aren’t warm enough for this weather” Belle said sympathetically.

The girl must have only been about five or six and was wearing a jacket that was two sizes too small, her arms exposed from the sleeves her black boots were holey. She was thin and pale and Belle understood why. Her dirty blond locks hung past her shoulders in a light wave of curls. Her light brown eyes looked sad and tired. Belle’s heart broke for her and her mother.

“ Hi, Mam I don’t mean to disturb you but we couldn’t help but notice that your little girl could use a new winters coat and well, you could probably use one yourself”

The mothers face dropped to her daughter her face looked ashamed and mortified. .
“ I would like to give you some money to get a new coat for you and your daughter.”

The mother was thin with sharp features. Small pointy nose and chin thin lips, her eyes were the same shade of brown as her daughters and with the same lack of luster in them. In this moment they appeared to look puzzled as she paused starring at Shawn.

“ Thank you sir, that is very kind of you but I don’t think that I can take it” She held her head up and started to walk away.

Of course she wouldn’t take it what was he thinking of just approaching her on the street like that she didn’t know him and he could have some alterior motive for it. She wasn’t too proud for charity not if it would help her daughter but he could be crazy. She began walking a little faster leaving Shawn there dumbfounded.

“Ms. Please stop for your little girl.” Belle yelled and the woman halted, Belle ran over to her. She gave her the fifty dollars Shawn was offering.

“ Before you say no please hear me out, I am a medical student. I work at the hospital right now there is an increase in tuberculosis. Children are dying from nothing more than a common cold. They are turning mother’s away right now because there is no room left in the children’s wing please take it”

The woman took the money from Belle’s gloved hand. Holding her head in shame then looking into the eyes of Belle and then to Shawn. Generosity like theirs was rare and she was very thankful to the both of them.

“ The depression it got us all. My husband use to work for Kirakis and then last year he laid almost everyone off. It’s been hard for him to find work. He’s a good man it’s just right now no one is hiring.

“ I know Philip Kirakis very well and perhaps I could help your husband get his job bank. I can talk to him.” Belle couldn’t help but be surprised that didn’t sound like the Philip Kirakis that she knew. Philip had always been a charitable and generous man. Surely, there was some sort of misunderstanding.

“He worked in construction that was until he injured his back. You see since the depression they had laid off everyone so, my husband had a double workload and he didn’t complain he was grateful but when my husbands back went out and he missed a day’s work. Kirakis fired him He didn’t want to stay home. I begged him not to go though. I was afraid it could be broken. I insisted he not go in. I didn’t think that he would fire him. My husband worked for the Kirakis family for 15 years. 15 years six days a week without ever missing a single day other than that one time and he still fired him. My husband is too proud to take out any handouts and he would be angry if he knew I accepted the money” The woman explained.

Shawn pulled out his business card and handed it to the woman. Shawn was angry inside. That sounded just like Kirakis to pull something like that. He was a Faust. He smiled and flaunted himself around Manhattan as a great philanthropist. Dining on 50.00 a plate dinners and taking frivolous trips around the world on a whim while his employees brought home less than 50 cents a week. Shawn was furious as he heard the woman’s plight. Maybe now Belle would see that she was wasting her time on that cold-hearted bastard. He might have had old man Rockefeller fooled and all his other business associates but Philip was ruthless and cunning and the sooner Belle found out about him the better.

“You tell your husband to meet me here at this address tomorrow at 10:00 a.m. and we’ll see about him getting a job.”

Shawn and Belle stepped back into the warm confines of the limo. Belle looked at Shawn with great admiration.

“ I could do more, to think there are other kids out there living in those types of conditions.” Shawn sat back quietly.

“ You know I’m volunteering at the soup line on Christmas Eve if you want to volunteer with me that would be really nice The more to help the better. Belle said.

“ Well, I think it might feel a little different. But yes it’s a wonderful feeling I don’t think anything could surpass it. Belle giggled back at him.

“ You know once I get my degree I plan on going to underprivileged countries and helping them with the medical needs. They are in such need for doctors. South America, Africa, Europe. I plan to go all over the world.” Belle explained.

“ No, promise me you won’t go to South America. Belle there are diseases out there that no one can cure and I’ll be damned if I’m going to lose you. Shawn’s voice sounded urgent tormented and desperate.

Belle felt the tenderness and urgency in his voice and realized that he did care for her. Maybe what they had was more than what he shared with all those other women.

”Shawn, I understand you being concerned but it’s something that would bring me great happiness. I’m willing to take the risk. Wasn’t it you who said that they wanted to see the world? I want the same thing. I just want to be able to help make a difference along the way.”

“ You’ll risk losing your life to some disease by going to these countries where diseases spread like fire but you won’t risk giving your heart to me”

“ You know, there’s a whole lot of time between now and then. Things could change, I’m not even out of medical school but it has always been something that I wanted to do. You’re only given one chance at life. I want mine to be meaningful and fulfilling”

You want to go to these countries and help save lives I understand that completely but if you have spent all your life fulfilling the needs of others and never the needs of yourself what will your life have been about? Belle, don't you know that

" Life is nothing without love.”

Rikkilynn
Rikkilynn

July 2nd, 2006, 4:20 am #2

I accidently copied the clipboard twice just ignore the second posting of Chapter 30. Hope you enjoy it. It's a little bit depressing but it leads into future things filler

July 2nd, 2006, 4:39 pm #3

Windstorm
Chapter 29

“ Yes, but what is life without love Belle, you want to go to these countries and help save lives I understand that completely but if you have spent all your life fulfilling the needs of others and never the needs of yourself what will your life have been about?

Windstorm
Chapter 29

You want to go to these countries and help save lives I understand that completely but if you have spent all your life fulfilling the needs of others and never the needs of yourself what will your life have been about? Belle, don't you know that

I love how Belle wants to help other people but Shawn is thinking of her health and her happiness. If Belle goes to help others I hope Shawn goes with her. Continue soon please I can't wait to read more.

July 3rd, 2006, 3:46 pm #4

Windstorm
Chapter 29

Windstorm
Chapter 29

I love this more and more! I lvoe their conversation and I love how Shawn cares about Belle so much! They need to hook up soon!

Thanks Belle!

Thanks Kelly, Jessica and Chantal for the wonderful banners!