OT: What was the very first soap you ever watched?

OT: What was the very first soap you ever watched?

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 14th, 2010, 9:27 pm #1

Since i started watching them when i am 12 and i am now 31 (wow I'm getting old lol)

The ones i remember watching are

Days of our lives(When John was with Isabella and he thought he was Roman and then he saw Marlena for the first time in years think they were both on the docks)

Another World(I liked Jenna and Dean, Vicky and Ryan)

Young and the Restless(i liked Daniel and Chris and Nina Ryan)

Santa Barbra(i liked Cuz and Eden)

Those were my all time favorites

What were yours?

February 4th, 2011, 6:06 pm #2

umm well im 25 now and ive been watching soaps off and on since i was 8 but i do recall watchin bold and the beautiful and general hospital ( wen ricky martin was on ) and wen lucky and liz were young. after Jonathan left Gh i stop watchin soaps

hellashelle
hellashelle

August 2nd, 2011, 8:32 pm #3

Since i started watching them when i am 12 and i am now 31 (wow I'm getting old lol)

Days of our lives(When John was with Isabella and he thought he was Roman and then he saw Marlena for the first time in years think they were both on the docks)

What were yours?
I grew up with the Young and the Restless, which all the women in my family watched. I didn't get really into it until what I remember as the Summer of the Young'uns which is when they aged Billy Abbott and brought on MacKenzie. I loved them!

I think that was the same summer I fell for Shelle actually, when they performed their second Last Blast dance...

I was a huge PASSIONS nut for a while (what was I thinking? LOL)

I think that was it. They really got me when they launched teen lines. I was prob their target audience and I fell into the trap hard core!

November 13th, 2013, 5:08 am #4

What were yours?
In 1990 was when I first started watching soap operas. I was about 8 years old and it was Days of our Lives. I've been watching it ever since, even when I was in high school and had to tape it and then in college and even tho there were moments I wasn't happy with the writing. Then I started General Hospital in 1997 when Rebecca Herbst (Elizabeth) came on and loved her with Lucky (then JJ). I still watch DOOL and GH even tho some of my favorite couples are either no longer together or the characters are no longer on.