The Elasmobranch Husbandary Manual

Fiction & Reference

The Elasmobranch Husbandary Manual

krj-1168
Great White Shark
krj-1168
Great White Shark

08 Mar 2007, 02:51 #1

Book Title: The Elasmobranch Husbandry Manual: Captive Care of Sharks, Rays & their relatives.

Publication Date: 2004

Publication Company: Ohio Biological Survey, Inc.

Writers/Editors: Mark Smith, Doug Warmolts, Dennis Thoney, and Robert Hueter

Book Summary: The Elasmobranch Husbandry Manual covers every thing needed for large scale husbandry of elasmobranchs in captivity. Including topics like Health, general Captive Care, Reproduction, Diet, Collection, Quarantine,Transportation, & Necropsy. The Manual also includes Husbandry Procedures, Design, Construction & Life Support Systems for large Exhibits. This manual also is cited - several major Public Aquariums including Monterey Bay Aquarium(MBA), Ripley's Aquariums, Sea World Aquariums, & The National Aquarium in Baltimore, MD.

The manual as covers species ranging from Bamboos, & Horn sharks to the Great White & Whale Sharks.

This Book is really recommended for the truely serious keeper who is think of keeping sharks in very large shark lagoons. But may also be very helpful to the average home shark keeper.
Bigger is Better - especially with shark tanks

sharkhuntter
Nurse Shark
sharkhuntter
Nurse Shark

08 Mar 2007, 03:17 #2

This book has been recomended to me by a few people that keep large sharks. From the parts I have read so far, it looks like a book I will be readding soon.

Sebae09
Blacktip Reef
Sebae09
Blacktip Reef

08 Mar 2007, 22:54 #3

my copy should be here by the end of next week.
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. >((((º>

Coty

krj-1168
Great White Shark
krj-1168
Great White Shark

22 Mar 2007, 23:31 #4

Yeah - the kicker is that you're going to have to order it directly from the publisher.

Here's the Website:

http://www.colszoo.org/internal/elasmo_2005/page1.htm

And here's the order form:

http://www.colszoo.org/internal/elasmo_200...al/EHM_Form.pdf

It's about $15 for the Manual on CD, or about $60 for the Book. These prices including shipping for the U.S. only.
Bigger is Better - especially with shark tanks

sharkhuntter
Nurse Shark
sharkhuntter
Nurse Shark

23 Mar 2007, 00:55 #5

If you would like I can pick one up for you and mail it out. I go to the Columbus zoo about 2 times a month. It is about 10 miles from work and I am a member there. Let me know and next time there I will get it.

water_baby83
Blacktip Reef
water_baby83
Blacktip Reef

23 Mar 2007, 20:29 #6

I got both, I can burn you a copy of the CD if you want..shhh..LOL. I keep it in my car. Total I think I have 3 EHM's in print, one's at home, one's at work, and one is somewhere in my car, lol.
"The fact that nothing in the ocean scares you - Just happens to scare the shit out of me!" -My Mom

My MySpace Page

water_baby83
Blacktip Reef
water_baby83
Blacktip Reef

26 Mar 2007, 02:01 #7

Chris @ Mar 24 2007, 05:41 AM wrote: Thanks alot for the help guys! I cant wait to give it a read :D

WARNING: It's not an entertaining read, lol. My first year of studies I had to have an english disctionary as well as a Elasmo-Bio dictionary just to get through some of it and understand it, LOL. Now it's chill but at first I was like "Duuhh ok, the doodad is related to the thingamajigger that compounds the whatchamacallit". I'm a little better now. :)
"The fact that nothing in the ocean scares you - Just happens to scare the shit out of me!" -My Mom

My MySpace Page

Sebae09
Blacktip Reef
Sebae09
Blacktip Reef

26 Mar 2007, 03:47 #8

just read it online lol, its not worth the 60$ IMO
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. >((((º>

Coty

sharkhuntter
Nurse Shark
sharkhuntter
Nurse Shark

27 Mar 2007, 00:51 #9

the doodad is related to the thingamajigger that compounds the whatchamacallit". I'm a little better now. 

Dont you just get turnd on when Emi uses tec talk :P

water_baby83
Blacktip Reef
water_baby83
Blacktip Reef

27 Mar 2007, 17:13 #10

Don't lie, you know you do!! This is why I'm hot!! LMAO.... ok no not really, but it sounded good :P

My MySpace Page