Administration Announcements

Happy New Years!

Brenden
Nurse Shark
Brenden
Nurse Shark

10 Jan 2017, 18:28 #1

Dear Shark & Ray Central Community,

On behalf of the entire SRC team - Happy 2017! I hope you all had a great Holiday season with family and loved ones. Thank you for the continued support over the years. The forums have continued to provide a great educational platform for like minded hobbyists and enthusiasts to share our knowledge, passion and love for elasmobranchs. Without our members, SRC would be nothing. Thank you!

That being said, I understand that Shark & Ray Central has declined over the years. Both in terms of membership activity, membership registrations and overall site maintenance. On behalf of myself, I apologize for the lacklustre design and forum aesthetic. I will personally be executing a revitalization campaign for Shark & Ray Central in 2017. Please share ALL comments, criticisms, recommendations, etc. to help with the over-haul process. Let's collectively restore Shark & Ray Central to its true potential.

Thank you,
Brenden Hewko
Owner & Founder
Cheers,
Brenden
Founder
Shark & Ray Central
www.SharkRayCentral.com
[E.] BrendenHewko@Gmail.com

Riley
Bonnethead
Riley
Bonnethead

14 Jan 2017, 13:03 #2

Happy New Year to you too!

This site was recently blocked at work. Not sure why, other forums work. I'm not online after work much like I am before work and on my breaks. That's my excuse anyway. I still am going strong with keeping epaulettes, catsharks, and rays.

I know there is an active facebook group for shark and ray keepers not affiliated with here. Would be nice if those people were active here because a number of them are industry professionals with a wealth of information. This site has a nice catalog of information neatly organized, where the facebook group are purely posts that seem to get lost in the page after a day or two. Maybe most prefer that way since they log on with their phones s it's easier? I log in from a computer. This format is nice.

Expect to still see me around, more so if this site ever becomes unblocked at work. I hope in 2017 we can get more participation outside of the usual 3-5 people.

krj-1168
Great White Shark
krj-1168
Great White Shark

15 Jan 2017, 19:13 #3

Happy 2017 to all our members.

Hopefully - 2017 will end up being our best year yet.

As for revisions and up dates - the board definitely needs a new banner.

Also as members we may need to talk to more people about the board. In spite of have over 2,000 members, there really isn't a lot of activity. We need to find a way to get more of our members posting again.

Bigger is Better - especially with shark tanks