Forum rules
Forum Rules: [url=http://w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/single/?p=8264257&t=11526779]Click Here and Read Before Posting or Making a New Thread (UPDATE: Point 6, 7 & 8 are revised) [/url]

March 10th, 2016, 3:51 am #751

I think you missed my last 2 posts about color customization: capcom did it the same way in SFxT.
http://w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/sin ... t=11540300 here I explained that colors in the mask files are irrelevant (but black and white) and the layers are linked to customizecolor0,1 & 2 parameters.
http://w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/sin ... t=11540300 here I show that material files order is important as it's listed in the data for each parts (partnames are irrelevant, you can edit them to whatever you want -as long as it's the right length- it will still load colors in game).
@4FD: 00 (material file: 00 is the 1st)

edit: here I'll show it on a more complex part

@6B2: 02 (in blue) = number of material files that the customization will apply on.

@6CE: 00 (in red) = 1st material file: 00=the first one in order (CM_A45_01_E00_Skin.uasset)
@6EA: 08 = "CustomizeColor1" in the nametable: the mask layer used for customization is Green

@712: 05 (in green) = 2nd material file: 05=the 6th one in order (CM_A45_01_E05_Eyelash.uasset)
@72E: 08 = "CustomizeColor1" in the nametable: the mask layer used for customization is Green

the "hair" part is used for color customization of hairs (from the skin material) + eyelashes (from the eyelash material)

COLOR texture|MASK Green layer:

White allows customization / Black doesn't, so the hairs use the same material file as the skin but using different layers on the MASK file let capcom use separate customizations on the same material.

March 10th, 2016, 6:13 am #752

Im so excited to finish this!

Thanx to all who helped me out!!!

March 10th, 2016, 12:30 pm #753

fatihG_ wrote:@BloodyRain

If the material you are trying to edit is used for the skin as well, you might not be able to set the metallic value.
Enabling any SSS at all greys out the metallic slot in UE4's material editor.
So the only thing you could do is play around with the 'roughness'. (black = glossy, white = rough) This will make her look more oily instead of metallic though. Reflection should still work if it is highly glossy (or not rough at all), however it will not create 'mirror' effect, it will be more like a plastic wrap.... if that makes sense.
FINALLY IT ALL MAKES SENSE!

Thank you! I know what I have to do now! I have to assign a completely different material to her body, perhaps geometrically separate her skin from her suit, and assign a separate material element. (this mod was not suppose to be this complicated, but I'm going to do it out of spite LOL)

March 10th, 2016, 12:56 pm #754

@moddah : thanks for the explainations ! There are a lot of things that I missed the first time around, probably because of hex-intimidation Time to get my hands dirty ...

On a side note : indeed, material order seems to be paramount. I can get things to colorize predictably now and this is only after swapping things around in the Blender material list. This really is the strength of Blender - there is very little UI fluff to make things pretty, the information is presented and editable in its raw state.

Now the one last thing I'd be curious about is whether or not there is a hardcoded limit to the numbers of slots in a given character color table. For instance Ryu has 7 slots whereas Bison has 12. Is there a limit ? (that said it might be safer to stick to the original numbers of course)

March 10th, 2016, 5:37 pm #755

Guys I have add into the guide the section about SkeletalMeshSocket Good modding ^^

March 10th, 2016, 6:15 pm #756

TerryXX wrote:Guys I have add into the guide the section about SkeletalMeshSocket Good modding ^^
Where is the updated guide again?

March 10th, 2016, 6:49 pm #757

Hi, everyone. Long time forum-lurker, first time posting. Thanks for the amazing work you all have done over the years. I've finally started my first mod, and may be asking for a little clarification here and there (I'm doing my best to keep up with what's already been posted, but progress is moving forward at a pretty amazing rate, so please forgive me if I ever ask something that's already been clarified). Here's what I have so far:
[+] Spoiler
Things are moving along with it, but I would appreciate a little clarification regarding TerryXX's mesh editing guide:
wrote:Ok now the hardest part, use the bat file:
For %%a in (*.uasset) do extract.exe -game=ue4.7 "%%a" (thx a unclefestor, this is key for everything^^)
Now you have a folder with very important file
I've tried every .bat referenced in the first part of the modding thread, and I'm having no luck exporting the uassets in such a way that I get the specified folder with an ImportTable.txt file. Can someone please specify which .bat file is being referenced here? Thanks, you guys rock.

March 10th, 2016, 7:11 pm #758

Lasersloth wrote:I've tried every .bat referenced in the first part of the modding thread, and I'm having no luck exporting the uassets in such a way that I get the specified folder with an ImportTable.txt file. Can someone please specify which .bat file is being referenced here? Thanks, you guys rock
open a new textfile
write this in it
for %%a in (*.uasset) do extract.exe -game=ue4.7 "%%a"
save it as a .bat file
download the unreal extractor here
copy the uasset file in to the folder where your bat and the extractor are in
start the bat
done

March 10th, 2016, 7:40 pm #759

Bloody Rain wrote:
TerryXX wrote:Guys I have add into the guide the section about SkeletalMeshSocket Good modding ^^
Where is the updated guide again?
Guide is here http://w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/sin ... t=11540300
For the bat file now I upload a pack with all you need, stay tuned.
Edit: add link into the guide.

March 10th, 2016, 8:17 pm #760

@All

TerryXX's tutorial has been updated in the tutorial thread