Forum rules
Forum Rules: [url=http://w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/single/?p=8264257&t=11526779]Click Here and Read Before Posting or Making a New Thread (UPDATE: Point 6, 7 & 8 are revised) [/url]
Deleted User
Deleted User

January 16th, 2017, 2:03 pm #3551

Character Modding Resource Pack Vol 1.2

Updated with season 2 content, change log below.

16/01/2017 (Vol 1.2 Release)

- Holiday costumes added for Juri, Ken, Karin, Laura, RMika, Ryu and Zangief.
- Red bull costumes added for Ryu and Chunli.
- Akuma's C1, C2, C3 and C4 added.

* All available in inches and centimeters like before.

NOTE: I have divided the files into two folders now namely Season 1 and Season 2, Season 1 folder contains all the old files prior to Season 2 update so if you're using one of them then you have to hex edit the PAK file after compiling mod in order to use it in game. Season 2 folder contains all the content after Season 2 update so the files there have newer character codes and thus don't need hex editing of PAK file. I will try to update the entire pack with newer character codes but it's once again tedious work so not sure when I can complete it.

https://mega.nz/#!PpFWlDpS!jHvFCmH3XHJ8 ... X6K7jNCJGE

@TaNooki

I wish I can help you in that area but I haven't explored APEX that much, hope PFunk can help you here.

January 18th, 2017, 4:25 pm #3552

@BrutalAce
Clutch update to the resource pack, BrutalAce! Thanks a ton! Dang, it's true that using the Cloth tool is a pain in the butt, however, it's free, so I want to give it a shot before I make a decision to purchase software that already does Apex. I'm trying to make the skirt work with just some weight painting on the legs; it's not terrible, but it's not as responsive to the animations as I would like it to be (it may just be that I have to play around a bit more with how much of the skirt I paint for each bone, so I'll keep at it for now).
Stop by my Patreon page for WIP mod downloads and previews! https://www.patreon.com/TaNookiDen

Deleted User
Deleted User

January 18th, 2017, 4:48 pm #3553

@TaNooki

Your most welcome

I usually don't drop anything unless it's a royal pain in the ass lol and that tool is just that, so sad that Nvidia decided to develop a crappy tool then went with AutoDesk with no consideration of popular open source alternative like Blender, it could have been a game changer for Apex considering how many hobby artists use Blender these days.

If you actually manage to get something out of that tool then I'll gladly become your student

January 18th, 2017, 4:54 pm #3554

Brutal, Tanooki : The tool is actually not that bad - but it does have a pretty steep barrier of entry for sure (for instance for the longest time I didn't understand that I had to confirm the collision shapes for them to update ... ). The borderline dealbreaker is the way it seems to always fail at re-loading a previous scene.

However once you get a good grasp of all the little tricks involved (like loading the full character as a separate part within the FBX to get good automatically generated shapes) it's actually quite straightforward. Just really unstable

Also one thing to keep in mind : the tool does give access to the fabric parameters ... but UE4 also allows you to override all these values after the fact too. I have not tried that for SFV stuff but I just used it on another project and it was quite helpful. I don't know if SFV/UE4.07 supports that but it definitely works in 4.11 and above. Maybe something to try out !

Deleted User
Deleted User

January 18th, 2017, 5:00 pm #3555

@PFunk

My biggest gripe is that the tool crashes a lot and doesn't allow to undo mistakes (unless I am missing something). Additionally painting those latch weights are kind of hard without undo, you can mess up pretty easily. It would have been great if Capcom just used one sided mesh instead of solidified mesh and used materials to produce back facing instead, this way we didn't had to dive in those latch paints.

Still based on our earlier discussion, I am still willing to give it another try (hopefully soon).

January 18th, 2017, 5:09 pm #3556

Ha ! If anything, I find the latching/slaving to be the easiest and fastest part of the process. There is no undo, but right click resets verts to default. So it's just a matter of setting the Slave latching painting brush to be non-volumetric, and from there you can simply place the camera at an angle that only shows the verts you want to label as slave and paint away. It's pretty fast !

January 18th, 2017, 5:22 pm #3557

Suddenly, a wild PFunk just descended from the heavens, lol! Do you have an idea on how to fix the bone error in the pic I posted earlier?
Stop by my Patreon page for WIP mod downloads and previews! https://www.patreon.com/TaNookiDen

Deleted User
Deleted User

January 18th, 2017, 5:38 pm #3558

@PFunk

Maybe I didn't explored it far so latching was the most difficult thing I encountered before dropping it. Anyway I still believe there is a lot of potential in normal physics too which itself is quite deep and the more I experiment with it the better results I get, in my upcoming RMika mod, I did new physics for her with nearly identical hair results like Capcom having perfect collision with hands, shoulders, face etc.

@TaNooki

In case that doesn't work out for you, maybe you should check normal physics as well. This modder animated Cammy's C2 outfit using normal physics and the result is quite decent as you can see in this video (go to 4:20)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n4CvQ7ldgE

Though this will not be applicable for outfits that don't have any bone for physics like Karin's outfits that use Apex for skirt animations and there is no bone for skirt so you need to work with Apex for that anyhow.

January 18th, 2017, 5:39 pm #3559

Heya - It's hard to tell without hands-on testing (way too busy atm !) but my bet would be that it is probably something related to the root bone (or lack thereof). If the Cammy source files you are using went through various 3d programs the armature name or even the root bone might have been changed into something that the overall SFV/UE4 system doesn't like. However here it seems like your Apex file has no bones whatsoever, which would indicate an issue during your initial export out of your 3d app rather than a problem with the cloth tool itself.

Get into the habit of checking your FBX files with Autodesk FBX Viewer - it will save you many headaches

January 18th, 2017, 6:04 pm #3560

@BrutalAce
That looks really good! Hmm, so if I put weights on Cammy's "skirt", I should be able to use the same physics file Relius made.

@PFunk
Yeah I think the main problem might be how I'm setting up the FBX file for the Cloth Tool. So you're saying I should make the skirt and the main body separate objects under the same armature before exporting the FBX?