Forum rules
Forum Rules: [url=http://w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/single/?p=8264257&t=11526779]Click Here and Read Before Posting or Making a New Thread (UPDATE: Point 6, 7 & 8 are revised) [/url]

April 14th, 2016, 5:36 pm #1651

@BrutalAce
Thanks Bro, all is allright for now
See you soon for episode 4

EDIT: Are there any tutorial (other than this one=> HERE) to add to a .obj to a model ?
Simple Exemple: How to add a cap to Mika ?

April 14th, 2016, 6:28 pm #1652

That scale issue was covered before, there are numerous ways to fix it. But I see BrutalAce and PFunk beat me to it.
I always handled it through the "import uniform scale" when importing to UE4.

April 14th, 2016, 6:34 pm #1653

Hi guys,

maybe the question was asked but here again,

In "\Steam\steamapps\common\StreetFighterV\StreetFighterV\Content\Chara" I just have 5 characters name... I wanted to swap char but can't find the 2 char I wanted to change...

Do you think that it's because I used ModManager ?

April 14th, 2016, 6:36 pm #1654

Ronan200594 wrote:Hi guys,

maybe the question was asked but here again,

In "\Steam\steamapps\common\StreetFighterV\StreetFighterV\Content\Chara" I just have 5 characters name... I wanted to swap char but can't find the 2 char I wanted to change...

Do you think that it's because I used ModManager ?
The "Chara" folder only exists because of mods you might have installed. Normally that folder isn't even there, but instead it's in a .pak file.

If you want access to the other characters, you need to extract them from the game.

April 14th, 2016, 6:40 pm #1655

Seems logic ! thanks !

Is there any tutorial that explain how to do the manipulation ?

April 14th, 2016, 6:44 pm #1656

@All

I cant change color on these parts. Is it that theres to many materials?

@Ztitus

Whats wrong with the tutorial? you stuck somewhere? Let me know.

April 14th, 2016, 6:55 pm #1657

@hecz : usually the way it works is that for each material ID you get a maximum of three tint-able regions : R, G, B + black as untinted. So first you have to determine which material ID slot this part of the character is assigned too, and then create the mask texture.

This is why the mask textures are mostly red and green for the default characters. Red is usually the first tint, and green second. And since characters are usually split into many materials/ID/slots, only two tints are required for each.

If the colorization settings do not have enough slots you could also probably define your own in hex inside the file. It's probably a very simple formula in there : name of the color slot = a given material ID. With maybe a way to pick channel comes in which order, but it looks like Red first, Green second and Blue third is always the norm.

This shouldn't be necessary here though since Ken seems to have plenty of slots to work with.

April 14th, 2016, 10:39 pm #1658

@pfunk

im confused. all my materials use one single mask and its all red.

April 14th, 2016, 10:52 pm #1659

By the way, just like @fatihG_ mentionned it earlier getting colorisation running in UE is not too hard at all. It involves creating a Parameter Collection storing all the colors, and then multiplying them with the desired channel of the mask texture for a given material. (the colors could be plugged directly into the materials too, but that means having to wait for the shaders to recompile each time so that's obviously not a good way to go at it.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27UkluL ... e=youtu.be

Now Color Edit shows colors as 0-255 as opposed to the 0-1 expected by UE, but it is possible to divide values by 255 directly into the UE color input fields so that makes things easy. The cool thing is that the UE color picker has the option to show the colors as sRGB, making them more predictable.

Parameter collection for Ryu costume1 color2, copied from ColorEdit (disregard the red) :
http://i.imgur.com/cK4l9rw.jpg

Network for the Ryu headband :
http://i.imgur.com/KUv5oZ8.jpg

The only tricky part is when black is used in the masks texture to define untinted areas. In this case I added all channels together and inverted the result, thus giving me white instead of black as shown here for Alex shoes :
http://i.imgur.com/oUaPGC3.jpg

At the end of the day this is useful in order to test things without having to cook and load up the game ... but the overall look is still quite a bit different, as SFV seems to be using a slight toon effect for shading. Regardless, I hope this helps ! I personally wish I had looked into that earlier

April 14th, 2016, 11:05 pm #1660

@hecz : yeah, but that's not necessarily the way they are defined inside CustomizeSetting_01. Ken relies on up to three channels on some IDs:

(the yellow is very probably a fluke on their end - as far as I understand it the system doesn't really read that, they just have a redundant channel in the stack here, maybe to avoid color bleeding on the fringes)