Forum rules
Forum Rules: [url=http://w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/single/?p=8264257&t=11526779]Click Here and Read Before Posting or Making a New Thread (UPDATE: Point 6, 7 & 8 are revised) [/url]

March 22nd, 2016, 9:31 pm #1201

Hey TerryXX, nice work man!

I just played around with the materials a bit myself for the characters, from what I could tell everything is in the correct place.
However when I try to run the game with the mod on it freezes before the capcom logo appears.

When the game freezes, what is usually the cause? Missing references?

March 22nd, 2016, 10:12 pm #1202

Is there a way that I can see Capcom's vanilla settings for the physics asset of a character?

I'm looking at it in Hex, and all I see is bone names that have collision attached to them, but I want to see:
the collision types (sphyl, box, etc)
Dampening
Mass
constraints
size, rotation, and position.

The ultimate thing would be to view the orginal files in the UE4 editor, but that hasn't been possible yet (no way to un-cook as of yet)

I know that it's unlikely that all these parameters would be visible, but seeing any of them would help my studies, and allow me to improve on Capcom's settings.

March 22nd, 2016, 10:35 pm #1203

fatihG_ wrote:Hey TerryXX, nice work man!

I just played around with the materials a bit myself for the characters, from what I could tell everything is in the correct place.
However when I try to run the game with the mod on it freezes before the capcom logo appears.

When the game freezes, what is usually the cause? Missing references?
Currently you can not modify the materials from UE4 Editor, you can make some changes only via HexEditor.

March 23rd, 2016, 12:21 am #1204

Can anyone tell me where I might find a guide or any info on copying parts from one character & pasting them onto another? I am trying to do it in 3DS max but not having any luck. Thanks in advance!

March 23rd, 2016, 3:17 am #1205

Hey bajm.

You might have more luck if you'd use blender. I know at least a few people here use that for modding this game.
There should also be a blender guide posted somewhere in this topic.

Anyway, just fooling around. Wanted to see the proportions of this guy in the game and how it compares to the rest of them.
I feel like this guy is lacking allot of bulk. He looks skinnier than Fang and Dhalsim. (Which might be a good a thing as it is supposed to be like a skinny dude.)
Will play around with the shapes a bit more.

March 23rd, 2016, 3:17 am #1206

Bloody Rain wrote:@PFunk

OMG the applications for this are endless! We could make Ryu's gi move fluidly like SFIII (would likely be hardware demanding, but still :love: )
OH my gosh! That's the main thing I cite when people ask why I think SFIII's animation is superior. this is incredibly exciting.

March 23rd, 2016, 4:04 am #1207

@fadedrevolution

There is no tutorial on vfx editing. I think I am the only one working on it.

March 23rd, 2016, 10:30 am #1208

PFunk wrote:Here comes SuperCammy

The following is all I know about authoring Apex cloth with the standalone tool (that is to say : not using the Max or Maya plugins) :

- The tool is called "ClothingToolCHECKED.exe", part of the Nvidia Physx tools. I've only used the 32bit version as per a suggestion I saw online - I have no idea if the 64bit version actually works (it probably has bugs ?).

- Since Apex cloth is tied to material slots, there are a few weird things about the system. For instance, the main character FBX (used for the main import in UE) might or might not need to have the cloth polygons in it (I am getting conflicting results on my tests about this - I feel like the cloth bits do not necessarily have be in the main FBX, but the non-cloth bits seem to be required in the sim FBX. It's weird !). However one thing is certain : you need to make sure that the main model has at least some polygons assigned to the material eventually linked to the cloth sim file, because if not it the required material slot won't show up in UE on import in the first place.

- Steps to generate cloth sim in the standalone tool :

1 - Import the FBX used for sim (not your whole character - only the parts that match the material slot you will dedicate to Apex simulation in UE.)
2 - Painting max distance values (that tells how far each vert can travel, about 1.0 meter max for a cape/trench coat). Right-click erases. Set the max value to 1, scale to 1, and then put the paint slider to the strength you want to paint (here I used 1.0 at the bottom of a cape, and 0.1 at the shoulders). Once done click smooth once to smooth everything nicely.
3 - Painting slave latching. This tells which inner verts are going to be driven by outer verts, thus avoiding interpenetration. Make sure that you paint slave latching all the way to the edge of the fabric, if not it will flip on itself during sim.
4 - Running a first test sim to see if everything is fine, adjusting fabric properties if needed
5 - Save your workspace !
6 - Working on collision volumes. This is tricky, and a bit buggy. I've only been able to generate volumes based on bones initially present in the weighting of the model, meaning that even though a cape is not supposed to be weighted to an arm, I had to make sure that at least some verts were weighted to that bone ; if not, the program seemed to refuse to generate collision from these bones, even though they show up in the armature tree. And in order for collision volumes to show up at a predictable location I had to include thin polygon strips coming from, say, the surface of the arms and legs. Not necessary, but it saves me some time when it comes to positioning collision capsules.
7 - Tweaking fabric properties
8 - Generating a final sim, calculating tangents, generating the cloth mesh, saving the asset. This creates the .apx file for UE

I am getting an odd UV/material issue on Cammy's leotard here, probably an oversight on my end at some point in the process. It is probably not relevant to sim anyways but that might need to be double-checked.

That's about it !
good job!

March 23rd, 2016, 3:39 pm #1209

dronehunter3000 wrote:@fadedrevolution

There is no tutorial on vfx editing. I think I am the only one working on it.
I think Moddah has posted once or twice that it is the same as texture modding, but I'm not sure. Perhaps you could show some of the steps, since you're doing the vFx mod for Evil Ryu? I'm rather interested in it.

Is it possible to mix parts from other costumes, e.g. original and alt, together? Like for Ryu, say I don't want bearded Ryu but I want the battle scarred/shirtless Ryu, could I just switch the Chest texture, whichever that is?

March 23rd, 2016, 6:13 pm #1210

@All especially modders who want to post their mods (or edit their existing mod post):
Now you may want to use the "Full Reply screen" instead of the usual "Fast Reply box" because just now Sensaiga (our forum theme maker) has finished implementing the mod tag system for SFV. Modder can use them for tagging their mod into what type so mod user can identify which mod type conflict with which one.

Here is the description of each tags:
wrote:Skeletal (Mesh):
Mod overwrites a skeletal mesh, applies to player characters and NPC's

Static (Mesh):
Mod overwrites or injects a static mesh, applies to props and other background elements.

Customize Color:
Mod overwrites selectable character color palettes, applies to player characters.

Color (Texture):
Mod overwrites the diffuse texture map of a character or prop, (applies to anything that uses image textures).

Normal (Texture):
Mod overwrites the normal map (RGB dictate relief details) of a character or prop.

SRMA (Texture):
Mod overwrites the SRMA map (Specular, Roughness, Ambient Occlusion) of a character or prop.

Mask (Texture):
Mod overwrites the Mask texture (RGB values dictate material placement) of a character or prop.

SSS (Texture):
Mod overwrites the SSS map (subsurface scattering) of a character.

Material Instance:
Mod overwrites a material instance constant (MIC), these are the "sub" materials that come packaged with characters and props.

Material Master:
Mod overwrites or injects a Master material into the game, these are "parent" materials that are referenced by other items in the game.

Character (Animation):
Mod overwrites a animation of a character, applies to actions the character performs (including win poses, attacks, etc.)

Camera (Animation):
Mod overwrites Camera motion, this applies to special camera angles and camera hacks

Physics Asset:
Mod overwrites a physics asset (used for providing characters with simulated physics like hair, cloth, breasts, bellies, etc.)

VFX & Trails:
Mod overwrites a visual effects file, such as Hadouken's or paint motion trails.

Music (Sound):
Mod overwrites a music file, BGM and things in the like.

Voice (Sound):
Mod overwrites a character voice, applies to all in game speech from characters.

SFX (Sound):
Mod overwrites sound effects, such as explosions or punch sounds.

Other (Miscellaneous):
Mod injects or overwrites something that doesn't fit in any other category, typically system tweaks or ini files.
You can the example on how to use the tag on this mod post by Bloody Rain.

Credit:
Bloody Rain, for the idea and supplying the tag images
Sensaiga, for implementing them into our forum.