[RELEASE] Tekken 7 Jukebox Tool

August 22nd, 2017, 5:36 am #1

Tekken 7 Jukebox Tool
A simple and extensible way to share and replace Tekken 7 music

[Download v1.5]
10.19 MB

[Download Updated Default Music Pack (T1-TTT2) - Volume Fixed!]
1. Description and Purpose

The Tekken 7 Jukebox Tool allows for easy replacement of existing background music in Tekken 7 for the PC. Simple to use and extensible, it aims to be the primary means for the Tekken 7 modding community to share their custom music mods and allow users to be flexible in their choice of preferred music. Anyone can create additional music packs for use with this tool, making it the easiest way to adjust and cater to every aspect of your personal musical needs.

2. Requirements
  • Microsoft Windows 7 or higher
  • Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 or higher
3. Instructions
  • Download and extract the tool in a location of your choice
  • Download the Default Music Pack or generate and import your own soundbanks for use with the tool (find the tutorial further down this post)
  • Place any music packs in the /BGM/ directory (which has to be located in the same directory the tool is run from)
  • Launch the tool and choose your preferred background music for each individual stage, then select "Generate .pak"
  • The tool will generate a "Jukebox.pak" in the same directory it's run from
  • Place "Jukebox.pak" in your "TEKKEN 7/TekkenGame/Content/Paks/~mods" directory (if it doesn't already exist, create it)
  • Launch the game and enjoy your new music!
4. Donations

Click here to donate
Donations aren't required, and I will never bug anyone about them, but greatly appreciated. Any amount tremendously helps me out. Donating won't only fill you with the warm feeling of having done a good deed, but also rewards you with my eternal gratitude!

5. Special Thanks
  • HelixShot, for putting me on the right path to the solution for FR stage BGM replacements
  • xRuneXero, for compiling an extensive list of soundbank IDs for the default game BGMs, which I shamelessly parsed and converted for use with the stage list in this tool
6. Frequently Asked Questions / Known Issues
  • Does this tool work online?
    Since it only locally replaces non-gameplay relevant data that does not affect your opponent's game in any way, using it online should be completely fine. There is, however, no guarantee, and I can't say for 100% certainty that there won't be any problems.
  • I can't replace the menu and character select music, or the BGM for any of the Fated Retribution stages!
    This has been fixed in v1.1. Please update your Jukebox Tool.
  • I'm getting an error message "The size of the selected soundtrack's stub is larger than the original soundtrack's stub" when trying to set BGM for a Fated Retribution stage!
    This has been fixed in v1.4. Please update your Jukebox Tool.
  • The tool tells me that a Jukebox.pak has been created, but it doesn't actually exist! / My Jukebox.pak file is 0kb!
    This has been fixed in v1.2. Please update your Jukebox Tool.
  • I set the main menu and character select themes to default, but I can't hear anything in-game!
    This has been fixed in v1.1. Please update your Jukebox tool.
  • My replaced background music is really quiet?
    Try downloading the updated Default Music Pack. It should contain fixes for the low volume that many users have been complaining about. If it still contains a track that doesn't match to the official BGM in volume, please let me know so that I can fix it.

7. Release Notes

• v1.5 (Nov 30 2017)
      • Added support for Howard Estate and Tekken Bowl BGM replacements
      • Jukebox.pak will now be generated as Jukebox_P.pak for DLC compatibility reasons
    • v1.4 (Sep 13 2017)
      • The soundbank is now completely rebuilt upon generation of Jukebox.pak (instead simply being modified)
      • As a result, stub sizes are no longer an issue, and every track can be switched out for any other track
    • v1.2 (Sep 09 2017)
      • U4Pak is now shipped as a pre-compiled, self-contained binary executable file that should work with the vast majority of setups
      • As a result, Python 2.7 is no longer required
      • Fixed an issue where the program would incorrectly state that Jukebox.pak has been successfully generated, even when it hasn't
    • v1.1 (Aug 22 2017)
      • Fixed an issue where the modified soundbank would not be written to disk from memory in some cases, causing FR stages and menu music to not play properly upon replacement
    • v1.0 (Aug 22 2017)
      • Initial release
    Addendum: Creating your own music packs
[+] Spoiler
1. Convert all audio files you wish to insert into the game to the .wav format
2. Download the latest version of Wwise from Audiokinetic
3. Create a new project and give it a name of your choice
4. On the left side of your screen, in the Project Explorer, under "Actor-Mixer Hierarchy", right-click "Default Work Unit", hover over "New Child" and select "Work Unit"
[+] Spoiler
5. Give your new work unit a name of your choice
6. Drag and drop your audio files on top of your newly created work unit, then select "Import"
[+] Spoiler
7. In the top menu bar, select "Layouts", then "SoundBank" (or press F7)
8. In the Project Explorer, select the "SoundBanks" tab
[+] Spoiler
9. In the Project Explorer, right-click "Default Work Unit", hover over "New Child" and select "SoundBank"
10. Give your new SoundBank a name of your choice
11. In the Project Explorer, select the "Audio" tab
[+] Spoiler
12. In the SoundBank Manager, click the "+" square next to "Default Work Unit", then drag and drop your audio files from the Project Explorer on top of your newly created SoundBank
[+] Spoiler
13. On the bottom of your screen, in the SoundBank Editor, select all of your sounds (through CTRL-click or SHIFT-click), then right-click them and select "Show in Multi Editor"
[+] Spoiler
14. Select "General Settings", then "Loop" and check "Is Looping Enabled". Then, select "Stream" and check both "Is Streaming Enabled" and "Zero latency". Make sure to set "Prefetch length (ms)" to 0, or the tool might throw an error when trying to replace the BGM of certain stages with your custom one
[+] Spoiler
15. (Optional) Select one of your tracks, then press Shift+O to open the Contents Editor. Double-click on your track in the list to open the Source Editor. Here, you may adjust your track's loop start and loop end points by dragging the blue (loop start) and red (loop end) markers over your desired position in the waveform. To play and pause, press Spacebar. To zoom in and out, hold CTRL and use your mouse wheel.
16. In the SoundBank Manager, on the right-hand side of your screen, under Platforms, select "Windows"; then, under Languages, select "English(US)"
17. In the Project Explorer, select the "ShareSets" tab
[+] Spoiler
18. In the Project Explorer, under "Conversion Settings", expand "Default Work Unit", then double-click "Default Conversion Settings"
[+] Spoiler
19. In the Conversion Settings Editor, under "Sample Rate", select 48000; then, under "Format", select "Vorbis"; then, under "Quality", select a value of 4 or lower
[+] Spoiler
20. In the SoundBank Manager, click "Generate"
[+] Spoiler
21. Launch the Tekken 7 Jukebox Tool, select "File", then "Import Custom Soundbank"
22. Click the "Browse..." button and navigate to your Wwise SoundBank output directory (Documents/WwiseProjects/<Project Name>/GeneratedSoundBanks/Windows)
23. Select the file named "<Project Name>.bnk" (NOT Init.bnk)
24. Give your sound pack a name or category
[+] Spoiler
25. Select "Save"
26. Restart the Tekken 7 Jukebox Tool

Your new sound pack is now available for use with the tool.
[+] Spoiler

August 22nd, 2017, 7:01 am #2

Tried it. Great work on something a lot of people have been requesting. Works well except for the volume issue you discussed earlier.

Any reason why the TTT1 Character Select theme isn't working? It's the only one I've tried that hasn't worked at all.

August 22nd, 2017, 7:38 am #3

Nayrooga wrote:Any reason why the TTT1 Character Select theme isn't working? It's the only one I've tried that hasn't worked at all.
Same problem but only with customization menu music.

August 22nd, 2017, 8:15 am #4

0kb .Pak file after generating a Jukebox.pak?

Do I just put the old tekken soundtrack folders in there, or do I take them out of the folder then put them in BGM for it to work?

Update: Ignore that, forgot to change the python PATH from 3.6 to 2.7.

Update 2: It seems that a lot of the replacements don't work, it just plays nothing at all for Character Select, G-Corp Helipad, Infinite Azure and Arena.

Not sure about other stages, but it seems like the same restriction as before is still there.

August 22nd, 2017, 9:11 am #5

AtillaBosma wrote:0kb .Pak file after generating a Jukebox.pak?

Do I just put the old tekken soundtrack folders in there, or do I take them out of the folder then put them in BGM for it to work?

Update: Ignore that, forgot to change the python PATH from 3.6 to 2.7.

Update 2: It seems that a lot of the replacements don't work, it just plays nothing at all for Character Select, G-Corp Helipad, Infinite Azure and Arena.

Not sure about other stages, but it seems like the same restriction as before is still there.
Same FR stages and main menu, etc, not working.

August 22nd, 2017, 12:51 pm #6

I'm investigating. FR stages and menus should and have worked on the machines I had access to for testing; unfortunately, they weren't exactly numerous. Stand by.

August 22nd, 2017, 1:13 pm #7

ThePaSch wrote:I'm investigating. FR stages and menus should and have worked on the machines I had access to for testing; unfortunately, they weren't exactly numerous. Stand by.
If it helps, when I unpacked the Jukebox.pak it created after replacing a FR stage song, it only had a .wem file in there, not sure if there's supposed to be more because it's an FR stage.

August 22nd, 2017, 1:18 pm #8

I have released a fix for the issue where FR stage replacements would not properly play. The download can be found in the first post (v1.1). I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

August 22nd, 2017, 1:20 pm #9

Alright, lemme test out if the fixes worked.

Update: It all works, thanks for the quick fix.

August 22nd, 2017, 1:23 pm #10

ThePaSch wrote:I have released a fix for the issue where FR stage replacements would not properly play. The download can be found in the first post (v1.1). I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
Mistakes like these happen, your tool is already a blessing after no progress on music for so long. :thumbs:
I'll test it out and give my feedback aswell.

EDIT: Working great! This is fantastic